Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taarabt 15:44 - May 28 with 5661 viewsSuffolkHoop

Whats the situation? Surely now with loads of the others gone he'll be the only bully in the playground. Luongo and Gladwin hand over your lunch money.
Taarabt on 20:42 - May 28 with 1711 viewsDejR_vu

He comes with baggage, but he's one player worth making an exception for imo. I would pay just to watch him. NW managed to make it work, it's a travesty that the others just gave up on him.

Every player is different. Why is grit and graft held in higher regard than talent? You wouldn't expect Henry to be dropped for lack of goals, that's not his game. Why should Adel be dropped because he doesn't work as hard as the others. He brings something else that the others don't.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Taarabt on 20:49 - May 28 with 1681 viewsdanehoop

And it seems that Warnock is the only manager who has worked a miracle. Every other manager he has worked with at every club hasn't succeeded. That either makes Warnock a managerial genius and/or Adel a nightmare to work with.

Never knowingly understood

Taarabt on 21:17 - May 28 with 1616 viewsFredManRave

Taarabt on 16:31 - May 28 by Maggsinho

I'm sure Kenny, Hill, Derry, Helguson, etc would be delighted to hear that Adel did it single handedly!

I knew I'd read an article recently with Ramsey commenting on Taarabt and I've just found it. It's from April but it presumably still applies. In summary Ramsey is suggesting that he hopes Taarabt stays and that he can produce his best for us again.

Ironically he used the term "single handedly" as well!

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-boss-plans-taara

QPR boss has plans for Taarabt
10:00, 14 APRIL 2015
BY PAUL WARBURTON
Rs coach reckons he can restore midfelder to his best

Adel Tarrabt is going to have to bide his time — but Chris Ramsey is determined to make a success out of the Moroccan.

QPR’s coach has not given up on getting the best out of a wayward talent that has divided opinion wider than The Mall.

Ramsey insists getting the midfielder back on the right road will be his and maybe Rs salvation as soon as the not-so-small matter of Premier League safety has been sorted.

“Let’s be honest,” said the Rs coach, “he should be playing for a top team in a top country like he showed at AC Milan when on loan. Many a person has tried (to coach him) and it has to come from within to some extent.

“At the moment, I don’t think I’ve got the time to spend when I’ve got to get the rest of the squad where I want them to be, and it's frustrating because he’s one of the best players in the Premiership.”

Former boss Neil Warnock reckoned the best way to deal with Taarabt was to let him run free in training and the team.

It paid dividends as Rs romped to the Championship title in 2011. That won’t do now, says the current man in charge.

“When Adel played for QPR in the Championship he was in slightly better condition than he is at the moment, and younger, and winning games for the team on a weekly basis, but he hasn’t been able to recapture that form,” Ramsey explained.

“Unless, you’re winning the game single-handedly like he was in those days you have to respect players and join in the workrate.

“When’s he’s played he’s done that to be fair.

“I’d admire his ability, and I hope he regains the form he had when he first came to QPR.”
[Post edited 28 May 2015 21:18]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Taarabt on 21:44 - May 28 with 1550 viewsstansleftfoot

Taarabt on 16:00 - May 28 by adhoc_qpr

No change.

Still under contract, still unfit and not interested in training, still not generating any external interest.

However, he's also still the most talented player we have and has single handedly delivered a Championship promotion.

That's irrelevant though because Ramsey loves a grafter over natural talent and will never pick Adel and his ilk.

Unlike many "Managers" Chris Ramsey comes from a different background, he is a coach so his training leads him to believe in old fashioned values, they are after all the values that have bought him this far.
QPR and the managerial entrepreneurial genius of TF have somehow taken a Youth team coach and made him First team coach.
He will have watched the wizardry of Harry Redknapp....in this case is Redknapp right in his judgement that Adel Taarabt was a mercurial genius who had no place on a professional football pitch?
As a supporter of QPR and Adel Taarabt who has given me more pleasure watching the club than many many professional footballers might have a last chance, after all Warnock must have just closed his eyes and gone what the hell! So why not Ramsey, unless Taarabt is socially toxic in the changing room/ training ground at least get him fit....that's what coaches do.
...if Ramsey could get the fat Adel training now, and ready for the season there is some potential in the "last ? " year of Taarabts contract.....the truth being only one player contracted to QPR today: Alejandro Faurlin will be thinking about his fitness for next year....right now!
Taarabt on 21:48 - May 28 with 1532 viewsHollowayRanger

the new swp

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Taarabt on 21:51 - May 28 with 1530 viewsYorkRanger

This is the last Thread re Adel I'll be commenting on. He needs to move on and out of Rangers.
Taarabt on 21:58 - May 28 with 1508 viewsTacticalR

Taarabt on 21:51 - May 28 by YorkRanger

This is the last Thread re Adel I'll be commenting on. He needs to move on and out of Rangers.

I'm trying to cut down to one Adel thread a day.

Air hostess clique

Taarabt on 22:16 - May 28 with 1450 viewsCiderwithRsie

Taarabt on 18:00 - May 28 by kensalriser

Bowles wouldn't have got much game time under Ramsey., then.

He didn't.

Or are you not referring to Sir Alf?
Login to get fewer ads

Taarabt on 22:27 - May 28 with 1412 viewsBrazilNutR

I'd say he is definately worth sitting down with during the summer and trying to work out a way to get him playing for us in his last season,..even if it is just to put him in the shop window for January.. he really doesn't seem like someone with a destructive personality..more like a child, and I think he loves playing, and if he can be convinced that we are going to be an exciting team and not relegation fodder then he may just get the buzz again...

If he is not on board by the start of the season and in shape to play, then he should be booted out..
Taarabt on 23:11 - May 28 with 1341 viewscaliforniahoop

Taarabt on 18:02 - May 28 by simmo

He's got a new hairstyle.

In that Twitter pic you can see how unfit his is.
Taarabt on 23:40 - May 28 with 1308 viewseastside_r

Taarabt on 18:00 - May 28 by kensalriser

Bowles wouldn't have got much game time under Ramsey., then.

If you're implying KR that Bowles ,was a bad trainer, then I don't think this is true.

It was Stan's life outside the game which was chaotic. I am sure I have read stuff by Givens who disapproved of his lifestyle and told him so regularly, that he was a consummate professional on the training ground and once the game had started. (He may have been in the bookies 5 minutes earlier though.)
Taarabt on 00:14 - May 29 with 1268 viewsTacticalR

Taarabt on 15:51 - May 28 by daveB

He's over in Morocco celebrating his birthday, I doubt he'll play for us again. If I was him I'd go to the MLS

Long gone are the days when Warnock journeyed to Morocco to extricate Taarabt from the smoke-filled shisha dens of the Kasbah.

Air hostess clique

Taarabt on 00:25 - May 29 with 1247 viewsPunteR

Taarabt on 15:51 - May 28 by daveB

He's over in Morocco celebrating his birthday, I doubt he'll play for us again. If I was him I'd go to the MLS

We say that every season.
The "doubt he'll play for us again" bit.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Taarabt on 00:31 - May 29 with 1236 viewscaptainmycaptian

Complete pie-acholic never play againe he has enough money we should find him in breach of contract
Taarabt on 01:05 - May 29 with 1203 viewsFredManRave

Taarabt on 00:31 - May 29 by captainmycaptian

Complete pie-acholic never play againe he has enough money we should find him in breach of contract

Well said. And let's face it, it shouldn't be difficult to find him.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Taarabt on 06:20 - May 29 with 1096 viewstimcocking

Taarabt on 16:00 - May 28 by adhoc_qpr

No change.

Still under contract, still unfit and not interested in training, still not generating any external interest.

However, he's also still the most talented player we have and has single handedly delivered a Championship promotion.

That's irrelevant though because Ramsey loves a grafter over natural talent and will never pick Adel and his ilk.

Ummm, Ramsey has picked him before.

For me if he wants to come back and play, i'd be delighted.

Obviously i don't see it happening, but if he did, brilliant.
Taarabt on 07:13 - May 29 with 1065 viewslondonscottish

Taarabt on 01:05 - May 29 by FredManRave

Well said. And let's face it, it shouldn't be difficult to find him.

Normally in a Shisha bar on Edgeware Road. Allegedly.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Taarabt on 07:32 - May 29 with 1049 viewsjohncharles

Taarabt on 23:40 - May 28 by eastside_r

If you're implying KR that Bowles ,was a bad trainer, then I don't think this is true.

It was Stan's life outside the game which was chaotic. I am sure I have read stuff by Givens who disapproved of his lifestyle and told him so regularly, that he was a consummate professional on the training ground and once the game had started. (He may have been in the bookies 5 minutes earlier though.)

But Stan got much the same criticism. A lot of people at the time were more concerned with what they read in the papers than actually watching him play football. Plenty of Rangers fans didn't like him and wanted him out. I remember having rows during matches with guys who were slagging him. Turning round to argue and not watching the football.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 9:15]

Strong and stable my arse.

Taarabt on 07:45 - May 29 with 1034 viewszicoshoops

To have that amount of talent and waste it, for whatever reason, is unforgivable.
Sell him, for any amount of money.
If there are no takers, let him go on a free.
It would save us from wasting another year's wages on him.

If he's just on the ponce for this season, don't let him anywhere near the first team squad, nor the kids.
Make him attend Harlington every week day at 4pm and run round the pitch five times.
That should liven up both his Agent and him.

I hope he conducts his personal life with a tad more self respect, than the way he conducts his professional life.

What's going on?

We should be told.

Sort it out.
Taarabt on 08:34 - May 29 with 982 viewsPommyhoop

I want him back in the side but if he aint gonna do what the manager wants( train ) then as much as it hurts , he's got to go. At least with Ramsey there is no bullshite <<he has got to put the work in like everyone else or else he is out.. Good old H blurred the lines just a tad..Slagging off Adel for being unfit when his tag along , fentestic fat Croat pin up boy has never been fit.. Honestly in all his games for us have you ever seen Niko truly match fit? I mean properly match fit where he works and runs and makes a difference like Adel did v Chelsea away..

Sorry all you haters .Its time for my fave you tube vid.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Taarabt on 09:26 - May 29 with 941 viewsMonahoop

Taarabt on 20:42 - May 28 by DejR_vu

He comes with baggage, but he's one player worth making an exception for imo. I would pay just to watch him. NW managed to make it work, it's a travesty that the others just gave up on him.

Every player is different. Why is grit and graft held in higher regard than talent? You wouldn't expect Henry to be dropped for lack of goals, that's not his game. Why should Adel be dropped because he doesn't work as hard as the others. He brings something else that the others don't.

I think that last sentence should have read ' He brought something else that others didn't'. That only applied to the championship winning season under NW. Then he was great, but sadly a one season wonder. Even under Warnock in the Premier League he rapidly showed signs of his unwillingness to try and his sulky side to his persona began to shine though. Opposition players soon found him out and fans lost patience with him and rightly so. Other teams who may have wanted him at the time, rapidly lost interest. People should stop deluding themselves that he is going to be anything like he was in 2010/11. He isn't and probably never will. His self serving personality has seen to that. As far as I'm concerned the Sultan of Sulk can move on so QPR without him can too.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Taarabt on 10:17 - May 29 with 903 viewsQPunkR

Taarabt on 09:26 - May 29 by Monahoop

I think that last sentence should have read ' He brought something else that others didn't'. That only applied to the championship winning season under NW. Then he was great, but sadly a one season wonder. Even under Warnock in the Premier League he rapidly showed signs of his unwillingness to try and his sulky side to his persona began to shine though. Opposition players soon found him out and fans lost patience with him and rightly so. Other teams who may have wanted him at the time, rapidly lost interest. People should stop deluding themselves that he is going to be anything like he was in 2010/11. He isn't and probably never will. His self serving personality has seen to that. As far as I'm concerned the Sultan of Sulk can move on so QPR without him can too.

Remember the last few home games of that Premiership season? Or how he made absolute cúnts of some of the best defenders in the league?
That article further up from Ramsey earlier this season - where he says Tarbs hasn't been winning games single-handedly, it's 'cos he hasn't been playing. Not saying who's fault that is (blame on all sides, especially the player) but if you don't play you can't win games.
This has obviously become a tricky situation in the extreme, and I'm behind Ramsey's thinking that only those who take training seriously can play. But we know from experience Tarbs *can* win matches single-handedly, and yes is and always has been a maverick. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we used to cherish our mavericks? I'd say give him a run-out in pre-season games. If he proves he's 'on it' during the games and deciding matches, give him a spell in the team. If he doesn't affect matches, fúck him off back to the reserves, absolutely.

QPR - "shit but local"

Taarabt on 10:24 - May 29 with 896 viewsLewes_r

FFS we are trying to turn this club around by going back to basics and this thunder cnt is getting mentioned again

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Taarabt on 10:25 - May 29 with 892 viewsPommyhoop

Taarabt on 10:17 - May 29 by QPunkR

Remember the last few home games of that Premiership season? Or how he made absolute cúnts of some of the best defenders in the league?
That article further up from Ramsey earlier this season - where he says Tarbs hasn't been winning games single-handedly, it's 'cos he hasn't been playing. Not saying who's fault that is (blame on all sides, especially the player) but if you don't play you can't win games.
This has obviously become a tricky situation in the extreme, and I'm behind Ramsey's thinking that only those who take training seriously can play. But we know from experience Tarbs *can* win matches single-handedly, and yes is and always has been a maverick. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we used to cherish our mavericks? I'd say give him a run-out in pre-season games. If he proves he's 'on it' during the games and deciding matches, give him a spell in the team. If he doesn't affect matches, fúck him off back to the reserves, absolutely.

I'm with you mate. Don't give up on him yet . He can 'p1ss' that division again...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Taarabt on 10:38 - May 29 with 879 viewsdaveB

Taarabt on 00:25 - May 29 by PunteR

We say that every season.
The "doubt he'll play for us again" bit.

True I think i've said it the last 2 summers. Not sure who is actually going to take him from us, shocking waste of talent and all down to him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024