Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is JET next? 09:31 - May 29 with 13556 viewsganjR

Bristol City forums reckon it's a done deal and (sub)-standard reported that we were in advanced talks with him yesterday.
Never really rated him, but reading the Brizzle forum made me think it could be a good signing.
Is JET next? on 09:35 - May 29 with 6975 viewsMaggsinho

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170328-jet/

We're popular on there!
Is JET next? on 09:35 - May 29 with 6973 viewsbosh67

Every time I see him he looks good. He's left footed, he's big, he's skillful, he's quick. He's 24 and has something to prove. Surprised City would let him go though, especially now.

Free agent as well so it could be a good signing.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 9:40]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is JET next? on 09:46 - May 29 with 6875 viewsTheBlob

He's languid,not particularly quick and does some neat things,but that's against some pretty shit teams.But since we're going to be playing some pretty shit teams he might be just what we need.Can't even get a regular spot in the Brizzle first team.He could either be the next £20m resurrection or could be on loan to Crawley.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Is JET next? on 09:50 - May 29 with 6846 viewsQPR442

Is JET next? on 09:35 - May 29 by Maggsinho

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/170328-jet/

We're popular on there!

I hate all the 'we are bigger than them' comments. We are a London club and are high profile compared to BC. We have wealthier owners and have spent the last 3 out of 4 seasons in the Premiership (although that's nothing to shout about). The last time i heard of Bristol City was a few years back when FB walked over to the fans at the end. Now you ask JET a realistic question where he would want to play?
Is JET next? on 09:54 - May 29 with 6812 viewsbosh67

The forum is strange because a lot of the comments are in the area of why are we coming in to buy him. He appears to be a free agent anyway.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is JET next? on 10:16 - May 29 with 6706 viewscaliforniahoop

Is JET next? on 09:50 - May 29 by QPR442

I hate all the 'we are bigger than them' comments. We are a London club and are high profile compared to BC. We have wealthier owners and have spent the last 3 out of 4 seasons in the Premiership (although that's nothing to shout about). The last time i heard of Bristol City was a few years back when FB walked over to the fans at the end. Now you ask JET a realistic question where he would want to play?

I hate those scum bags, I still remember them trying to get into the loft in 78 ish and the battles in the old third division in early 2000, nightmare fans, will be a nightmare when the straw crunchers arrive!
Is JET next? on 10:20 - May 29 with 6677 viewsadhoc_qpr

Hasn't he previously flopped at Championship level with Ipswich?

Always looked like he had the raw talent but couldn't get consistency.
Is JET next? on 10:29 - May 29 with 6643 viewsBerkoRanger

Is JET next? on 10:20 - May 29 by adhoc_qpr

Maybe he just needs the right coaching......
Always looked a talent when I've watched him play.
Login to get fewer ads

Is JET next? on 10:32 - May 29 with 6620 viewsGloucs_R

Is JET next? on 10:20 - May 29 by adhoc_qpr

The lad is only 24, room for improvement. If anyone can get the best out of him I am sure its Sir Les. He has massive potential.

Im told that he has matured considerably in the past 2 years. Hopefully he has that hunger to succeed. Great signing for a free and a squad player.

Read this on the Bristol site:

At 23/4 JET is a ridiculous talent with experience, goals and as SC alluded to a changed attitude. He has the key to unlock any defense and with QPR assembling a decent, hungry, younger squad with a manager keen to prove himself he could well be playing in the prem in a season or two. Being back In London will suit him as he was spending every hour he could there, being around friends and family are always helpful, especially at that age, then there's the small matter of profile; QPR are a higher profile club & even if you want to argue the toss about it geography dictates otherwise, his skills will be witnessed first hand by the footballing masses.
For Jay this move takes him one step closer to his ultimate football goal rejoining Arsenal, there's no doubt he's got the talent, if his attitude (it Defo has) has changed then it's only his natural fitness that will be holding him back, personally I hope he realises his dream, good luck lad.

I've supported City like many on here for over 30 years, JET is by far the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for us & that includes Jacki. The reason we all pay our money week after week is to be entertained, I really hope that I don't have to wait another 30 years to see someone entertain me the way he has, a nice bloke who always had time for the fans, plays football with a smile on his face & above all is a joy to watch, you can't do anything else but wish him all the best.

If we sign him, then only need 2 more strikers. I would go after Maynard, he is on a free too.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 10:41]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is JET next? on 10:52 - May 29 with 6551 viewsizlingtonhoop

According to his Wilipedia entry he scored 8 goals in his only Arsenal appearance!
Is JET next? on 10:53 - May 29 with 6551 viewsrobith

My Arsenal mates always used to love him but with them you're never sure whether it's a love of the next big thing or some ironic joke a la Frimpong
Is JET next? on 10:54 - May 29 with 6539 viewsowza

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is a bit of an enigma could be a shrewd signing, powerful attacking midfielder, two good feet, who has all the ability in the world, its up to him. Wenger did the right thing getting him out of London, for the best of his career. Mick McCarthy described his move to Bristol City in League 1 as "scary" due to his undoubted potential. As others have said, I think he has matured since a few years back - I have heard he was as good as gold at Bristol and have only heard rave reviews of him and I think a move back to London would do him good, especially under the guidance of Les and Ramsey who I think could sort him out. Really hope this rumour develops.
Is JET next? on 10:56 - May 29 with 6520 viewsrobith

Is JET next? on 10:54 - May 29 by owza

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is a bit of an enigma could be a shrewd signing, powerful attacking midfielder, two good feet, who has all the ability in the world, its up to him. Wenger did the right thing getting him out of London, for the best of his career. Mick McCarthy described his move to Bristol City in League 1 as "scary" due to his undoubted potential. As others have said, I think he has matured since a few years back - I have heard he was as good as gold at Bristol and have only heard rave reviews of him and I think a move back to London would do him good, especially under the guidance of Les and Ramsey who I think could sort him out. Really hope this rumour develops.

It's also good to see that clearly Chris & Les are trying to add pace and movement to the team, something we've been sorely lacking since the Warnock team
Is JET next? on 11:06 - May 29 with 6476 viewsadhoc_qpr

Seems strange if they rate him they didn't sign him on a new deal, they were confirmed promoted ages ago weren't they?
Is JET next? on 11:10 - May 29 with 6457 viewsbatmanhoop

could be a marriage made in heaven, certainly the two new signings has lifted the gloom around W12.
Is JET next? on 11:14 - May 29 with 6422 viewsGloucs_R

Is JET next? on 11:06 - May 29 by adhoc_qpr

Seems strange if they rate him they didn't sign him on a new deal, they were confirmed promoted ages ago weren't they?

Money.

Is JET next? on 11:19 - May 29 with 6398 viewsnadera78

At the very least he'd be a good squad player, offering something different off the bench, which is undoubtedly something we've lacked for a long time now. And if things go swimmingly he could turn out to be a lot more useful than that.

On a free transfer its a deal you'd certainly be very interested in.
Is JET next? on 11:32 - May 29 with 6325 viewsNW5Hoop

Is JET next? on 10:32 - May 29 by Gloucs_R

The lad is only 24, room for improvement. If anyone can get the best out of him I am sure its Sir Les. He has massive potential.

Im told that he has matured considerably in the past 2 years. Hopefully he has that hunger to succeed. Great signing for a free and a squad player.

Read this on the Bristol site:

At 23/4 JET is a ridiculous talent with experience, goals and as SC alluded to a changed attitude. He has the key to unlock any defense and with QPR assembling a decent, hungry, younger squad with a manager keen to prove himself he could well be playing in the prem in a season or two. Being back In London will suit him as he was spending every hour he could there, being around friends and family are always helpful, especially at that age, then there's the small matter of profile; QPR are a higher profile club & even if you want to argue the toss about it geography dictates otherwise, his skills will be witnessed first hand by the footballing masses.
For Jay this move takes him one step closer to his ultimate football goal rejoining Arsenal, there's no doubt he's got the talent, if his attitude (it Defo has) has changed then it's only his natural fitness that will be holding him back, personally I hope he realises his dream, good luck lad.

I've supported City like many on here for over 30 years, JET is by far the most talented footballer I've ever seen play for us & that includes Jacki. The reason we all pay our money week after week is to be entertained, I really hope that I don't have to wait another 30 years to see someone entertain me the way he has, a nice bloke who always had time for the fans, plays football with a smile on his face & above all is a joy to watch, you can't do anything else but wish him all the best.

If we sign him, then only need 2 more strikers. I would go after Maynard, he is on a free too.
[Post edited 29 May 2015 10:41]

Les isn't a coach though, is he, so he won't be getting the best out of anyone …
Is JET next? on 11:59 - May 29 with 6202 viewsCamberleyR

Is JET next? on 11:06 - May 29 by adhoc_qpr

Reading that City forum it sounds that when he moved from Ipswich to Bristol that as part of the deal (player swap plus cash), Ipswich were paying the difference in what Bristol were prepared to pay him and what he was on at Ipswich.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Is JET next? on 11:59 - May 29 with 6199 viewsGloucs_R

Is JET next? on 11:32 - May 29 by NW5Hoop

Les isn't a coach though, is he, so he won't be getting the best out of anyone …

He can still inspire and guide him though.

Is JET next? on 12:30 - May 29 with 6064 viewsQPR1882

Is JET next? on 10:16 - May 29 by californiahoop

I hate those scum bags, I still remember them trying to get into the loft in 78 ish and the battles in the old third division in early 2000, nightmare fans, will be a nightmare when the straw crunchers arrive!

Hope the British Queen has the number of a good glazier when they come to us.
Is JET next? on 12:33 - May 29 with 6031 viewsQPunkR

Is JET next? on 12:30 - May 29 by QPR1882

Hope the British Queen has the number of a good glazier when they come to us.

?

QPR - "shit but local"

Is JET next? on 12:40 - May 29 with 5985 viewsGetMeRangers

Is JET next? on 10:16 - May 29 by californiahoop

My first game. A friend of mine's father took the two of us in SAR. Martin Busby in about 89th minute of a drab game. The fighting outside afterwards made the father to resolve we would never go again and be exposed to hooliganism

Fortunately he changed his mind and we went in ER for a few games. Following season became a regular standing on the terraces. City have always been one of the teams that I associate with mindless violence
Is JET next? on 12:41 - May 29 with 5985 viewsadhoc_qpr

Is JET next? on 11:59 - May 29 by CamberleyR

Reading that City forum it sounds that when he moved from Ipswich to Bristol that as part of the deal (player swap plus cash), Ipswich were paying the difference in what Bristol were prepared to pay him and what he was on at Ipswich.

Well as long as he fits in with whatever new pay structure we now have, it's fine by me.

Quite looking forward to renewing our league one rivalry with Bristol City after a few years off, potentially nicking JET seems to be a good start!
Is JET next? on 16:20 - May 29 with 5596 viewsbarbicanranger

Is JET next? on 11:59 - May 29 by Gloucs_R

He can still inspire and guide him though.

I heard / saw that Les did help out with some coaching - pretty sure Austin mentioned in an interview that Les had been working with him and RGC on the training ground on their back to goal work... I'm sure Les has plenty of other stuff to do but sure he can assist with training sessions for strikers and being a mentor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024