Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is JET next? 09:31 - May 29 with 12954 viewsganjR

Bristol City forums reckon it's a done deal and (sub)-standard reported that we were in advanced talks with him yesterday.
Never really rated him, but reading the Brizzle forum made me think it could be a good signing.
Is JET next? on 16:57 - May 29 with 4755 viewsdanehoop

Is JET next? on 16:20 - May 29 by barbicanranger

I heard / saw that Les did help out with some coaching - pretty sure Austin mentioned in an interview that Les had been working with him and RGC on the training ground on their back to goal work... I'm sure Les has plenty of other stuff to do but sure he can assist with training sessions for strikers and being a mentor.

Wasn't he also working with Charlie Austin as well?

Never knowingly understood

Is JET next? on 18:18 - May 29 with 4562 viewsNW5Hoop

Is JET next? on 16:20 - May 29 by barbicanranger

I heard / saw that Les did help out with some coaching - pretty sure Austin mentioned in an interview that Les had been working with him and RGC on the training ground on their back to goal work... I'm sure Les has plenty of other stuff to do but sure he can assist with training sessions for strikers and being a mentor.

Been looking for evidence that Les coaches, but can't find any. Also, I can't really see how he could, given that coaches feed into the manager and report to him, and the manager reports to Les, as director of football. Be interested to see if anyone has got anything that confirms what his role is. To be honest though, I don't think Les at the club makes much difference in coaching, even if he does go to the training ground now and then - it's the regular first team coaches that make the difference.
Is JET next? on 18:51 - May 29 with 4442 viewsMorrisD52

Travelled all over the country since 1965 to watch Rangers and the only time I feared for my safety was at Bristol I was on the supporters coach which was being blizted by stones and bottles never been there again
Is JET next? on 18:55 - May 29 with 4427 viewsVancouverHoop

It's possible one or two players we expect to leave will stay. Lack of confidence – individually and collectively – is a huge factor in any sport, and our players have been running on empty for years.

If there's a positive buzz around club in coming weeks, maybe a handful of the wasters will find their mojo again, while a Green or Phillips might think it's worth hanging on here after all.
Is JET next? on 19:52 - May 29 with 4324 viewsJalfrezi_Rs

Is JET next? on 09:46 - May 29 by TheBlob

He's languid,not particularly quick and does some neat things,but that's against some pretty shit teams.But since we're going to be playing some pretty shit teams he might be just what we need.Can't even get a regular spot in the Brizzle first team.He could either be the next £20m resurrection or could be on loan to Crawley.

great video, but why is he shooting with his standing foot ?
Is JET next? on 00:31 - May 30 with 4038 viewswestolian

All irrelevant - he won't score for us !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Is JET next? on 00:47 - May 30 with 4017 viewsNortholt_Rs

Is JET next? on 18:51 - May 29 by MorrisD52

Travelled all over the country since 1965 to watch Rangers and the only time I feared for my safety was at Bristol I was on the supporters coach which was being blizted by stones and bottles never been there again

Really? We took proper liberties at their gaff last time we played there...

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Is JET next? on 05:22 - May 30 with 3953 viewsTrom

Maybe they remember the ---pop--- season
Login to get fewer ads

Is JET next? on 05:32 - May 30 with 3948 viewstimcocking

Hmmm, not sure tbh. That said, i haven't really seen him much. At least if he's come from Arsenal, he must be two footed.

Oh, Armand Traore. Damn.
Is JET next? on 07:10 - May 30 with 3901 viewsFredManRave

Seriously, 2 pages in and still no pictures or mention of the JET most of us grew up with?!

Not to worry;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Is JET next? on 09:27 - May 30 with 3714 views18StoneOfHoop

Is JET next? on 00:47 - May 30 by Northolt_Rs

Really? We took proper liberties at their gaff last time we played there...

Rum bunch that 18strong mini van full of naughty Robins. That day I happened to have more of an awful thirst than usual and so was in the boozer early at 11:30am and was surprised to see this little mob all present and dressed up in very Frank Maloney 2004 Football Factory style and Old Bill taking notes and talking to them outside. They come back in and I got talking to the eldest 30-something and I said to him " you must hate my favourite manager Ian Holloway,him being a Gashead then? " and he said "Not at all, Ollie's a good lad" and we chatted for 3 minutes and he was polite,aimiable and unaggressive but this was in The Coningham and he could look round and see it was full of unthreatening regulars and harmless if gobby wallies like me.

Any relation to a certain perennial ITK full-of-spit penalty-missing Poland-dwelling QPR messageboard itinerant irritant?

The planning that must have gone into targeting The British Queen that day - and I presume done in mobile conjunction with QPR oppo like-minded individuals - misguided, criminal and foolish it most certainly was but strangely impressive on a misdirected use of IQ way.
4 years ago now, I sincerely hope we don't see any violence creeping back in now we've gone down a level. The big difference being between then and now is that now there's a mandatory two bouncers to each pub on match days and that should act as a real deterrent. For once I say well done H&F council.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-football-thugs-bars-pub-violence/story

Remember kids, violence at football is not big or clever; DON'T DO IT!and be the better man,stand back,calm down and have a frappucini and a croissant JUST SAY NO! -sincerely hope we don't see an increase now back in the championship.Thank Brian William's broken nose and flea filled beard that Rod Monkey Liddle's charming bunch sunk to the third tier..congrats agents Ollie and Birch.

http://qprreport.proboards.com/thread/19201?page=1

[Post edited 30 May 2015 12:34]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Is JET next? on 10:36 - May 30 with 3634 viewsdavman

Is JET next? on 07:10 - May 30 by FredManRave

Seriously, 2 pages in and still no pictures or mention of the JET most of us grew up with?!

Not to worry;

Great post.

Wonder what happened to her?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Is JET next? on 10:53 - May 30 with 3601 viewsLowerloftLad

Swindon fans are the same on there fourms slamming us for spending 3.75mill on TWO players and asking how we can be a step up from them ????? Sorry swindon but you are one of the clubs we can defo say we are bigger than lol. Also we can offer championship football and being based in London must be more attractive than playing for Swindon in league one
[Post edited 30 May 2015 10:57]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Is JET next? on 11:09 - May 30 with 3556 viewsLazyFan

Here is a picture of JET in 2014:

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/resources/images/2947054/

Still interested?

zzzzzzzzzz

Is JET next? on 11:14 - May 30 with 3542 viewsSydneyRs

Is JET next? on 05:22 - May 30 by Trom

Maybe they remember the ---pop--- season

Which one? There were a few!

Their hilarious promotion calculator was great too, always assuming they would win every game.
Is JET next? on 11:20 - May 30 with 3446 viewsqprissimo

Is JET next? on 11:09 - May 30 by LazyFan

Still interested?

You just ruined my day and my childhood.
Is JET next? on 11:41 - May 30 with 3380 viewsdavman

Still interested?

To be fair, with time, I've grown around the same proportion!

But, yeah, I'll stick with my memories...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Is JET next? on 12:39 - May 30 with 3290 viewsHayesender

Is JET next? on 18:51 - May 29 by MorrisD52

Leeds away 87 has is the only time I was glad to get out of a ground/city in one piece in 33 years of following the R's

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Is JET next? on 13:39 - May 30 with 3182 viewsloftboy

Is JET next? on 12:39 - May 30 by Hayesender

Leeds away 87 has is the only time I was glad to get out of a ground/city in one piece in 33 years of following the R's

I was in the home end that day looking down on the fans getting battered at half time.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is JET next? on 14:30 - May 30 with 3103 viewsCamberleyR

Still interested?

To be fair she was 44 in that photo in 2014. I'd say she's not aged too badly.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Is JET next? on 17:36 - May 30 with 2903 viewskingshill

Is JET next? on 12:39 - May 30 by Hayesender

Easily the nastiest day I've ever had at a game.
Is JET next? on 18:12 - May 30 with 2833 viewsizlingtonhoop

Is JET next? on 07:10 - May 30 by FredManRave

Not to worry;

Lucky you younguns, this is the Jet that I "grew up with":

...only the band the Beatles could have been.

Edit: just watched it, awful, I mean really Paul, you were in the Beatles, the Beatles... psshaw..
[Post edited 30 May 2015 18:23]
Is JET next? on 18:55 - May 30 with 2723 viewswestolian

Still interested?

Yes, but I wouldn't travel to Bolton !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Is JET next? on 19:14 - May 30 with 2677 viewsparker64

Is JET next? on 17:36 - May 30 by kingshill

Easily the nastiest day I've ever had at a game.

Remember that day well. I had one eye on what was going on round me more than the game that day. Quite scarey at the end. Some good clips on You Tube. Even Leeds fans says it was one of the most intimidating games ever at Elland Road. I see Brendan Ormsby who got their last minute winner had a stroke earlier in the year.
Is JET next? on 19:40 - May 30 with 2611 viewsCHUBBS

Looks good on that clip but so have nearly every player we've signed in the last few seasons.
The bloke clearly had an attitude issue but may have sussed it so he may be a decent signing now.
I'm in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024