Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
8 inbound by July 13:30 - May 29 with 7373 viewsGloucs_R

According to the sub standard...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-transfer-news-chris-ramsey-wants-ei

Poll: Are we staying up?

8 inbound by July on 13:40 - May 29 with 4818 viewsbatmanhoop

do we think we are getting them in early before FFP? Do any of us still think we are deep in the brown stuff with FFP?
8 inbound by July on 13:48 - May 29 with 4773 viewsPommyhoop

8 inbound by July on 13:40 - May 29 by batmanhoop

do we think we are getting them in early before FFP? Do any of us still think we are deep in the brown stuff with FFP?

Maybe we should chill and leave it till the last minute.
Its worked before...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

8 inbound by July on 13:55 - May 29 with 4720 viewseghamranger

Good pre season and no late night on shy transfer deadline nite
8 inbound by July on 14:00 - May 29 with 4680 viewsadhoc_qpr

Careful Chris Ramsey, if you get all the players in early you can't use the 'team gelling' and 'fitness' excuses until December!
8 inbound by July on 14:07 - May 29 with 4624 viewsdoogi55

then take the team to devon against top class oppsiton
8 inbound by July on 14:13 - May 29 with 4564 viewsHayesender

The cynic in me is saying this

Poll: Shamima Beghum

8 inbound by July on 14:25 - May 29 with 4498 viewsdanehoop

8 inbound by July on 14:13 - May 29 by Hayesender

The cynic in me is saying this

Not sure its the FFP issue that's driving this - that simply isn't going to land as so many in the media want to make out. Whatever censure is put forward will either be challenged through the courts, which means the sanction will not be imposed until the legal process has been exhausted or will be an agreed one between QPR and the League. If that is a fine and transfer embargo then this will have already been widely signalled to QPR so they can take action ahead of the decision being announced.

However, I think that there is genuinely a plan being followed here and a set of players that Sir Les and Ramsey have been looking at for QPR going forwards. The flaws of the past in terms of having a settled squad and effectively planned pre season haven't been lost on them and Bagpuss's lies about only having 12 players for the tour of Ireland are not going to be repeated. Equally there is a clear focus on a very different type of player this time and a longer timescale being worked to. The players we are looking at are ones who will see QPR as a step up and opportunity to play and develop with a coach who appears to behighly regarded amongst professional footballers.

Never knowingly understood

8 inbound by July on 14:29 - May 29 with 4465 viewsdaveB

I doubt it's got anything to do with FFP, if they know how they want then why wait until August 31st, get them done now
Login to get fewer ads

8 inbound by July on 14:41 - May 29 with 4390 viewsGetMeRangers

8 inbound by July on 14:29 - May 29 by daveB

I doubt it's got anything to do with FFP, if they know how they want then why wait until August 31st, get them done now

More importantly get them before other clubs do. It has always been frustrating in the past watching targets being snapped up by other clubs... The first promotion year being the worst for it. Preseason is less than a month away
8 inbound by July on 14:43 - May 29 with 4382 viewsMvpeter

I think it's more driven by a desire to act like a football club again. O sweet joyous day!

Poll: Who should be our left back?

8 inbound by July on 15:10 - May 29 with 4240 viewsBerkoRanger

And also, try and get players in before they go on their summer hols as new signings will then be able to relax more while away.
I am liking this new club philosophy already.
8 inbound by July on 15:15 - May 29 with 4212 viewsMerthyrHoop

So eight more players, but what do we need?

Smart money is that Fer, Austin and Phillips will have a few takers, Green, Caulker and Onuoha possibly too. Unlikely we'll get any takers for Sandro, Hoilett, Traore and Taarabt who will all be unlikely to pursue a move thanks to their contracts anyway.

I'd be tempted to let Austin run down his contract, a 30-goal season and an outside chance of promotion probably worth more to us than £10 million and a gaping hole to fill. Same with Matty Phillips, but hard to know how the players would react to another year stuck in the Championship.

I guess we're short on a right-back, maybe a centre back, a couple of wingers and upwards of three centre-forwards depending on players leaving the club, same story with a back-up keeper for Green or McCarthy if one was to leave so that would make up the eight.

So a squad of:

GK: McCarthy, (NEW PLAYER)
RB: (NEW PLAYER), Furlong
LB: Yun, Hill
CB: Onuoha, Caulker, (NEW PLAYER), Ehmer
DM: Sandro, Henry, Faurlin, Doughty
AM: (NEW PLAYER), Luongo, (NEW PLAYER), Gladwin, Petrasso, Hoilett
CF: (NEW PLAYER), (NEW PLAYER), (NEW PLAYER), Grego-Cox

Seen a list of players out-of-contract: Dorus de Vries at Forest, Chris Gunter at Reading, always rated James Perch. Alex Pearce at Reading too. Would love Mackie back, heard good things about Dean Cox at Orient. Then possibly JET, Nicky Maynard or Adam le Fondre from Cardiff plus a pacy striker on loan from the Premiership?
8 inbound by July on 15:22 - May 29 with 4177 viewsadhoc_qpr

8 inbound by July on 15:15 - May 29 by MerthyrHoop

Smart money is that Fer, Austin and Phillips will have a few takers, Green, Caulker and Onuoha possibly too. Unlikely we'll get any takers for Sandro, Hoilett, Traore and Taarabt who will all be unlikely to pursue a move thanks to their contracts anyway.

I'd be tempted to let Austin run down his contract, a 30-goal season and an outside chance of promotion probably worth more to us than £10 million and a gaping hole to fill. Same with Matty Phillips, but hard to know how the players would react to another year stuck in the Championship.

I guess we're short on a right-back, maybe a centre back, a couple of wingers and upwards of three centre-forwards depending on players leaving the club, same story with a back-up keeper for Green or McCarthy if one was to leave so that would make up the eight.

So a squad of:

Seen a list of players out-of-contract: Dorus de Vries at Forest, Chris Gunter at Reading, always rated James Perch. Alex Pearce at Reading too. Would love Mackie back, heard good things about Dean Cox at Orient. Then possibly JET, Nicky Maynard or Adam le Fondre from Cardiff plus a pacy striker on loan from the Premiership?

That looks about right. Although Kpekawa and Comley may be fringe players too. Plus Robinson depending on injury rehab.

Sandro will find a loan deal i think (with muggins QPR paying the bulk of his wages) and someone will take a punt on Caulker unless he turns out to be an unredeemable alcoholic.
8 inbound by July on 15:23 - May 29 with 4178 viewsMvpeter

So a squad of:

This here required more thought and effort into squad building that the Fraud did in Thirty-one years

8 inbound by July on 15:29 - May 29 with 4131 viewsGloucs_R

If Green stays, McCarthy will go. So we need another keeper either way.
Hill will cover LB until Robinson is fit and will also cover CB
Diakite will get preseason to show what he can do, I am sure of that
I think Henry will resign
The Irish lad can play LW apparently and could possibly break through this year
Midfield looks pretty full to me so another 2-3 forwards.

So I reckon:

GK, RB, LM, Striker x 3 = 6 plus the two lads from yesterday.

Poll: Are we staying up?

8 inbound by July on 15:38 - May 29 with 4074 viewsfrancisbowles

With the four loanees gone back and the six being released that is ten gone already, before any of the others who may be sold. With the eight extra games and hopefully, taking the cups more seriously, I would think another six inbound would be the minimum!
8 inbound by July on 15:42 - May 29 with 4040 viewsMvpeter

8 inbound by July on 15:38 - May 29 by francisbowles

With the four loanees gone back and the six being released that is ten gone already, before any of the others who may be sold. With the eight extra games and hopefully, taking the cups more seriously, I would think another six inbound would be the minimum!

GK, LB, CB, RB, CM, LM, RM, ST x 3. Minimum.

8 inbound by July on 15:50 - May 29 with 3996 viewskingsburyR

Feels like the old QPR again suddenly.

Buy lower league player, develop, sell for a profit, repeat.........

Just like the good ole days!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

8 inbound by July on 15:53 - May 29 with 3983 viewsQPRski

So a squad of:

Excellent analysis!

The conclusion looks very sensible and realistic.

Let's wait and see what will happen during the next 30 days and what squad we have for pre-season.
8 inbound by July on 19:06 - May 29 with 3673 viewsQPR_John

FFP will be a fine if anything. Where the idea of a transfer embargo came from I have no idea but like most things say it long enough and it becomes fact
8 inbound by July on 19:11 - May 29 with 3652 viewsHayesender

8 inbound by July on 15:50 - May 29 by kingsburyR

Feels like the old QPR again suddenly.

Buy lower league player, develop, sell for a profit, repeat.........

Just like the good ole days!

We hounded Richard Thompson out for running us this way

Poll: Shamima Beghum

8 inbound by July on 19:49 - May 29 with 3552 viewsCamberleyR

8 inbound by July on 19:11 - May 29 by Hayesender

We hounded Richard Thompson out for running us this way

Spot on.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

8 inbound by July on 09:54 - May 30 with 3162 viewsBlue_Castello

There was a sound bite from Fernandes recently saying all the new players have relegation clauses written into their contracts.

With a bit of luck that may be enough to get Sandro off the books as he will want more money, Fer will look for a deal paying Premiership wages and Caulker probably the same if he's in demand which is debatable. I get the feeling Caulker could do a job in the Championship with some decent coaching, Fer would be an asset with the right attitude but sick note Sandro has to go.

We don't have to spend a fortune either to get a squad together, there's a few out of contract players worth signing up and there's always the loan market for a couple of promising Premiership youngsters, wouldn't mind another player in the Kyle Walker / Andros Townsend mould
8 inbound by July on 10:06 - May 30 with 3144 viewsPunteR

8 inbound by July on 09:54 - May 30 by Blue_Castello

There was a sound bite from Fernandes recently saying all the new players have relegation clauses written into their contracts.

With a bit of luck that may be enough to get Sandro off the books as he will want more money, Fer will look for a deal paying Premiership wages and Caulker probably the same if he's in demand which is debatable. I get the feeling Caulker could do a job in the Championship with some decent coaching, Fer would be an asset with the right attitude but sick note Sandro has to go.

We don't have to spend a fortune either to get a squad together, there's a few out of contract players worth signing up and there's always the loan market for a couple of promising Premiership youngsters, wouldn't mind another player in the Kyle Walker / Andros Townsend mould

If sandros visa runs out does that make his contract null and void anyway. If he cant work in this country.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

8 inbound by July on 10:09 - May 30 with 3141 viewsDejR_vu

Is Samba still alive? And is Harriman coming back from Luton?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024