Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's World Cup 23:33 - Jun 6 with 8752 viewsGloryHunter

Doing my best to support and appreciate it. This is a poor game, though. I'm dozing off . . .
Women's World Cup on 23:41 - Jul 4 with 1930 viewsTacticalR

England did really well to dig in and get a result against a technically superior German side.

Air hostess clique

Women's World Cup on 23:44 - Jul 4 with 1927 viewsLblock

Well done to the girls....

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Women's World Cup on 00:23 - Jul 5 with 1860 views1BobbyHazell

Congrats to the Lionesses. A camera pan of a bench full of gutted Germans is always a welcome sight.
Women's World Cup on 10:12 - Jul 5 with 1756 viewsGloryHunter

Women's World Cup on 23:07 - Jul 4 by QPR1882

REALLY REALY DONT GET YOUR POINT ???

It is Ladies football not mens, is that how you are seeing it ? i'm thinking no.

Is there a rule in women's football that you can't pass the ball to a member of your own team?
Women's World Cup on 10:24 - Jul 5 with 1744 viewsTacticalR

Women's World Cup on 10:12 - Jul 5 by GloryHunter

Is there a rule in women's football that you can't pass the ball to a member of your own team?

Yes, there is. Unfortunately only the good honest England women follow the rule, while devious foreigners keep passing to members of their own team. It's the same in the men's game.

Air hostess clique

Women's World Cup on 10:42 - Jul 5 with 1710 viewspaulparker

I thought they played with passion and a will to win last night and the manager got the tactics and subs bang on
say what you like about the woman's team but they have played a lot of the top teams in the womans game and apart from the 1st game they have taken the game to their opponent's
I keep banging on about it but the standard is good I watch a lot of girls football as my daughter plays and they show more skill and technique than you see from some boys and men on a Sunday morning

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Women's World Cup on 10:58 - Jul 5 with 1694 viewsTacticalR

One reason for the improvement in the Women's team is the sacking of Hope Powell and the reinstatement of players (such as Lianne Sanderson and Jodie Taylor) she had fallen out with. Lianne Sanderson, who won the penalty yesterday, said this in 2010: 'I don't want to turn my back on my country but as long as Hope Powell is in charge I don't see myself going back and I don't think she would want me there.' The end was in sight for Powell when she publicly accused the players of cowardice in 2011.

Air hostess clique

Women's World Cup on 11:19 - Jul 5 with 1664 viewshoopstar67

Women's World Cup on 10:58 - Jul 5 by TacticalR

One reason for the improvement in the Women's team is the sacking of Hope Powell and the reinstatement of players (such as Lianne Sanderson and Jodie Taylor) she had fallen out with. Lianne Sanderson, who won the penalty yesterday, said this in 2010: 'I don't want to turn my back on my country but as long as Hope Powell is in charge I don't see myself going back and I don't think she would want me there.' The end was in sight for Powell when she publicly accused the players of cowardice in 2011.

Whatever happened to her? Wasn't she touting herself for a job in the mens game?
Login to get fewer ads

Women's World Cup on 11:48 - Jul 5 with 1639 viewsTacticalR

Women's World Cup on 11:19 - Jul 5 by hoopstar67

Whatever happened to her? Wasn't she touting herself for a job in the mens game?

I thought she had been kicked upstairs by the FA, but according to this article she is 'an adviser to FIFA':

Fifa fights for more women in football but Hope Powell issues warning
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/27/womens-football-hope-powell-fifa

Air hostess clique

Women's World Cup on 00:21 - Jul 6 with 1514 viewsDorse

USA are wiping the floor with Japan. Well, they all enjoy a bit of housework, eh?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Women's World Cup on 10:12 - Jul 6 with 1415 viewsdaveB

Getting annoyed with the womens world cup always being compared to the mens in the media, why can’t they just let the womens game be separate. England team made it to the semi final for the first time ever, not the first time since 1990. That girl last night scored first ever hat trick in a womens final and Sky saying this morning she’s the first since Geoff Hurst. I know it's done with the agenda of saying how crap the men are but seems patronising to me
Women's World Cup on 10:41 - Jul 6 with 1397 viewsDiscodroids

i watched about 3 seconds of the whole tournament inbetween taking huge doses of senokot .

it was mildly less irritating and futile than clare baldings wimbeldon tennis show
on bbc2 every night .

not for me mullers.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Women's World Cup on 10:49 - Jul 6 with 1388 viewsMvpeter

Women's World Cup on 07:07 - Jun 8 by Kiwi76

Remember watching U20 event down here (or U17?).
Good skill level but some appalling goalkeeping let things down.

Every womens game I ever watched had awful goalkeeping relative to the rest of the players. I think it's to do with grip strength.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Women's World Cup on 10:56 - Jul 6 with 1367 viewsMvpeter

Women's World Cup on 10:49 - Jul 6 by Mvpeter

Every womens game I ever watched had awful goalkeeping relative to the rest of the players. I think it's to do with grip strength.

I find it unfair that they show the England's womens team over England C. No reason beyond gender.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Women's World Cup on 11:24 - Jul 6 with 1340 viewsTacticalR

A truly embarrassing performance by Japan.

Three of the goals came from corners where USA players were unmarked, one from a poor header out and one from a freak goal from the half-way line.

The Number 3 Iwashimizu had to be substituted after 30 minutes (replaced by Sawa), but by that time Japan were already four goals down.

The Japan team is not that old, but it felt like an old team that hasn't developed since the last World Cup.

It's obvious that Sawa was the heartbeat of the side, but as she is 36 she won't be playing in another final.

The worst thing about the tournament has been the absolutely clueless and delusional English commentary team. Jonathan Pearce and some of the others were saying England would have won if they had got to the final - why does the BBC allow these people to take drugs during working hours?

Air hostess clique

Women's World Cup on 12:08 - Jul 6 with 1099 viewsMrSheen

Women's World Cup on 11:24 - Jul 6 by TacticalR

A truly embarrassing performance by Japan.

Three of the goals came from corners where USA players were unmarked, one from a poor header out and one from a freak goal from the half-way line.

The Number 3 Iwashimizu had to be substituted after 30 minutes (replaced by Sawa), but by that time Japan were already four goals down.

The Japan team is not that old, but it felt like an old team that hasn't developed since the last World Cup.

It's obvious that Sawa was the heartbeat of the side, but as she is 36 she won't be playing in another final.

The worst thing about the tournament has been the absolutely clueless and delusional English commentary team. Jonathan Pearce and some of the others were saying England would have won if they had got to the final - why does the BBC allow these people to take drugs during working hours?

Pathetic. You wouldn't see such a gutless, incompetent collapse from a men's team at the highest level.

[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 12:08]
Women's World Cup on 14:05 - Jul 6 with 1030 viewsstrikerace

I seriously don't know what you are all complaining about. I found the Womens Cup, especially the semi's and finals, very exciting. England played great, the USA/Japan game was exciting (especially the mid field goal), and the level of play is much improved. Beats the hell out of watching another Stoke 0-0 tie.
Women's World Cup on 16:57 - Jul 6 with 960 viewsGloryHunter

England women's pass completion rate was 63% - nine percent worse than the worse men's prem team last season, which was Palace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024