Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Women's World Cup 23:33 - Jun 6 with 8756 viewsGloryHunter

Doing my best to support and appreciate it. This is a poor game, though. I'm dozing off . . .
Women's World Cup on 23:41 - Jun 6 with 7008 viewsHollowayRanger

its fine as a novelty

but its like womens boxing very lacking in real skill and class

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Women's World Cup on 08:39 - Jun 7 with 6910 viewsPommyhoop

Barefoot and pregnant mate, Its the only way.
I'm tellin ya.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Women's World Cup on 08:45 - Jun 7 with 6888 viewsDorse

I think it suffers in comparison. They put the opening game on straight after the Champions League final! What dimwit scheduled that?

In all seriousness, I think the women's game has really improved but it will never be an exact replica of the men's game. For example, on average, the participants are smaller - take the keepers for example. Buffon and Ter Stegen are a huge presence in the box but the women last night looked like kids in comparison. The pace of the game is slower but SO much better than it was even, say, ten years ago.

I know it sounds patronising, it really isn't meant to. I think the product has to be enjoyed for what it is. I enjoyed what I watched last night and will be watching (at least) the England team. The England men's team (Charlie aside) have a walk-over of a group and nothing much to play for tonight. I'd rather spend the time watching the women's team play.

Right on, sisters?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Women's World Cup on 10:17 - Jun 7 with 6827 viewsTacticalR

The thing that really made the last Women's World Cup was the performance of the Japanese women's team. On their way to the final they beat all the big teams (bigger in name and bigger in size), including the German women's team that had not lost a match in the World Cup Finals in over 10 years.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/57734

Air hostess clique

Women's World Cup on 11:09 - Jun 7 with 6785 viewsDiscodroids

hey GUYS, you would have to have the soul of child sex fiend hiver, not to have your appetite whetted by the google banner for the womens world cup today.

whoo yeah !..dont know about you GUYS, but im having the girls over and getting a stuffed crust pizza in , dips, chopped vegatables, white wine and missy elliot on my midi system to kick the whole shebang off in style.

FAIR PLAY, UNITY, EQUALITY , DIVERSITY is hot wired into my DNA, and i expect the girls to pull it off, as it were , with aplomb.

looking forward to dj, bianca gascoine and her bbc world cup mix featuring bel biv devo and beyonce at its cornerstone.
boys I, must Warrrrrn yoooooooooou, its poison.poison.poison

[Post edited 7 Jun 2015 11:14]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Women's World Cup on 12:36 - Jun 7 with 6729 viewsDorse

'Shebang'? Do those girls know what they're getting into? I picture something akin to the last days of Caligula at Chez Droid...

'Calm yourselves Ladies. Save yourselves for the second half. Now, where's that goose?'
[Post edited 7 Jun 2015 12:45]

Women's World Cup on 14:58 - Jun 7 with 6648 viewsvanrrrr

terrible game but at least there was distraction watching the dutch fillies...so it had that over the england-ireland game
Women's World Cup on 21:08 - Jun 7 with 6531 viewsWatfordR

Germany - Ivory Coast on now. 1-0 Germany but this is going to be a slaughtering.
Login to get fewer ads

Women's World Cup on 05:49 - Jun 8 with 6396 viewstimcocking

Do they have a women's world cup?
Women's World Cup on 05:53 - Jun 8 with 6395 viewstimcocking

I think there's no problem with having a women's world cup. Doesn't interest me though. I (and probably most people) don't want to watch people about my standard playing football, i want to watch the best players on the planet, world class talents like Chris Smalling, Jordan Henderson, Reg Vardy.

Oh.
Women's World Cup on 07:07 - Jun 8 with 6371 viewsKiwi76

Remember watching U20 event down here (or U17?).
Good skill level but some appalling goalkeeping let things down.
Women's World Cup on 08:23 - Jun 8 with 6316 viewsDiscodroids

Women's World Cup on 05:53 - Jun 8 by timcocking

I think there's no problem with having a women's world cup. Doesn't interest me though. I (and probably most people) don't want to watch people about my standard playing football, i want to watch the best players on the planet, world class talents like Chris Smalling, Jordan Henderson, Reg Vardy.

Oh.

'reg vardy'..

gave me a chuckle on the train to beautiful downtown stratford this morning.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Women's World Cup on 11:00 - Jun 8 with 6252 viewsTacticalR

Women's World Cup on 21:08 - Jun 7 by WatfordR

Germany - Ivory Coast on now. 1-0 Germany but this is going to be a slaughtering.

Germany 10 - 0 Ivory Coast.

As mentioned, Japan putting out Germany was the key match in the previous World Cup.

Air hostess clique

Women's World Cup on 09:21 - Jun 10 with 6127 viewsDiscodroids

england vs france.. a most unedifying spectacle .tactics all to bastard buggery!!.

the Iron Duke of Chingford was not amused, in my day(1815), we would have used a battery of 12 pound cannons , enlisted irish and black infantry ( in defensive 30 mans squares ), muskett volleys and flashing sabres in the afternoon sun to give old Boney's devil whores a lesson they wouldnt forget and scatter them to the rungs of hell .

depending on scout reports, the Iron Duke of Chingford would have played the ace in the pack around the 83rd minute, and sent in 6000 shock troops and prussians in breastplates from behind the ridge, into the besieged frenchie rearguard .

With the Dukes victory assured, he would let rip from his steed (fishpools sofa) , and cry 'fix bayonetts and finish the job lads!' ,before giving the order for the plundering of the fallen gauls corpses and harvesting of their teeth for commemorative purposes

Being an Englishman, and gracious in his victory over the conquered froggies , The Iron Duke would send the order while nursing his bloodlust , to keep some alive for His pleasure hives, especially that tall black amazon bird the number 2, Renard.

the butchers bill may have been high with huge casualties on both sides , but it would have been a price i was prepared to pay before settling down to watch the second season of 'falling skies' on box set.

I may even promote one of my east india militia to sergeant.

Women's World Cup on 12:22 - Jun 10 with 6018 viewsTacticalR

Turgid, turgid stuff from the England women. Very poor ball control, very bad decision-making on the ball, not enough players making themselves available for short passes so the player on the ball had to make badly-judged long passes that gave the ball away.

Air hostess clique

Women's World Cup on 12:40 - Jun 10 with 5980 viewseasthertsr

Any England football team, Mens , womens,Under 20's, at the moment are PONY viewing!
Women's World Cup on 12:41 - Jun 10 with 5978 viewsDorse

Women's World Cup on 12:22 - Jun 10 by TacticalR

Turgid, turgid stuff from the England women. Very poor ball control, very bad decision-making on the ball, not enough players making themselves available for short passes so the player on the ball had to make badly-judged long passes that gave the ball away.

Sounds like most of our games.

Women's World Cup on 12:51 - Jun 10 with 5965 viewsTacticalR

Women's World Cup on 12:41 - Jun 10 by Dorse

Sounds like most of our games.

I was thinking the very same thing.

Air hostess clique

Women's World Cup on 13:53 - Jun 10 with 5897 viewsRBlock

I'm just going to leave this here...
[Post edited 10 Jun 2015 13:54]
Women's World Cup on 15:29 - Jun 10 with 5836 viewsHayesender

Not watching it, but straight off the top of my head I bet it's on BBC3?

Just before midget wheelchair basketball no doubt!

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Women's World Cup on 17:03 - Jun 10 with 5789 viewsTacticalR

1km queue outside the ground in Moncton at kick-off time
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/womens-football-world-cup-2015-f

[Post edited 10 Jun 2015 17:37]

Air hostess clique

Women's World Cup on 22:40 - Jul 4 with 5534 viewsGloryHunter

Watching this one live (Germany vs England 3rd Place play-off), because it's on before midnight. But the quality of play is just not very good, is it?
Women's World Cup on 23:07 - Jul 4 with 5477 viewsQPR1882

Women's World Cup on 22:40 - Jul 4 by GloryHunter

Watching this one live (Germany vs England 3rd Place play-off), because it's on before midnight. But the quality of play is just not very good, is it?

REALLY REALY DONT GET YOUR POINT ???

It is Ladies football not mens, is that how you are seeing it ? i'm thinking no.
Women's World Cup on 23:14 - Jul 4 with 5468 viewsDorse

Women's World Cup on 22:40 - Jul 4 by GloryHunter

We should sign Steff Houghton. She's easily playing better than most of our centre-backs.

Women's World Cup on 23:40 - Jul 4 with 5426 viewsQPR1882

WELL PLAYED ENGLAND
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024