Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
German city travel advice 17:29 - Jun 14 with 1778 viewsMancR

Hi all,
I know there are some really well traveled people on here.
My wife and I are doing a bit travelling this summer on the train. Starting in Brussels then going to Amsterdam, we then are going into Germany.
Is there any German city that you would recommend for 3 nights in august?
Cheers
German city travel advice on 17:31 - Jun 14 with 1775 viewsMaggsinho

Berlin.
German city travel advice on 17:37 - Jun 14 with 1744 viewsDorse

German city travel advice on 17:31 - Jun 14 by Maggsinho

Berlin.

Seconded. But get the Segway tour from Fat Tyre Bike Hire just off Alexanderplatz. Fcuking great way to see the city. Also get to the Lowenbraukeller close to the Holocaust Memorial (close to Unter den Linden) - steins ahoy! Prost!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

German city travel advice on 17:44 - Jun 14 with 1738 viewsmacclesfieldman

Berlin

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

German city travel advice on 17:57 - Jun 14 with 1711 viewslondonscottish

Berlin. Great city. Plenty of interesting things going on. The music scene is great but plenty of other creativity.

Second choice Munich.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

German city travel advice on 21:22 - Jun 14 with 1598 viewsingeminate

German city travel advice on 17:57 - Jun 14 by londonscottish

Berlin. Great city. Plenty of interesting things going on. The music scene is great but plenty of other creativity.

Second choice Munich.

Berlin, different class.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

German city travel advice on 21:53 - Jun 14 with 1576 viewsMrSheen

Any love for Hamburg? I've seen Berlin and Munich, wondering if Hamburg is worth a look.
German city travel advice on 21:55 - Jun 14 with 1576 viewsJuzzie

I went to Berlin a year after the wall came down but not been since. By all accounts it is full on.

Hamburg is pretty good and if you want a bit more of a slower cultural pace, Dresden is good.
Colditz is a couple of hours drive away. I went to both a few years back during a MotoGP long weekend to the Sachsenring.
German city travel advice on 22:05 - Jun 14 with 1562 viewsGloryHunter

Berlin. Absolutely. There's Berlin, and there's Germany (like London and Britain). Nice train ride down from Holland and back, too. Go to the Stasi prison if you can (English language tours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I think - check online).
Login to get fewer ads

German city travel advice on 22:13 - Jun 14 with 1554 viewsjohann28

Obviously you've got to see Berlin, but Munich is a close second - why not do 2 nights in the former and then 1 in the latter? - you can travel south by train pretty easily.
German city travel advice on 22:17 - Jun 14 with 1551 viewsbatmanhoop

been to Cologne, we lost 4-1. My old mate from Batman Close does a Rod Stewart tribute act in Berlin. Look him up on YouTube/ Blackpool Legends
German city travel advice on 22:20 - Jun 14 with 1546 viewsLythamR

a really interesting city is Lubeck possibly the best preserved hanseatic league city and you could do that and hamburg in 3 days,
German city travel advice on 22:25 - Jun 14 with 1533 viewsGloryHunter

Aachen is nice, and historic, too. If you don't want to travel too far. It's just over the Dutch/Belgian border.
German city travel advice on 22:31 - Jun 14 with 1523 viewsMancR

Cheers foks. Berlin it is.. Trains,trains trains.all booked. Brussels - Amsterdam- cologne- Berlin- cologne- Brussels! 2 of us £175 :) should be a fun 11 days
German city travel advice on 08:53 - Jun 15 with 1416 viewsKonk

German city travel advice on 21:53 - Jun 14 by MrSheen

Any love for Hamburg? I've seen Berlin and Munich, wondering if Hamburg is worth a look.

Hamburg’s a great city for a weekend mooching about on the pop, but because it was flattened during WWII, it’s not exactly picturesque and this is possibly my ignorance, but it didn’t seem be overly blessed in terms of obvious tourist attractions. Friendly locals and some great bars in and around Sternschanze/Schanzenviertel, St Pauli and Altona. I used to travel to Hamburg regularly to watch Fulham in Europa League semis and finals, but things seem to have gone a bit quiet on that front…

Berlin is a brilliant city — again, not exactly beautiful, but loads to see and do, and ace at night too. Great place to visit at any time of year, but especially so in Spring/Summer with all the outside drinking/eating.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

German city travel advice on 09:09 - Jun 15 with 1398 viewsMrSheen

German city travel advice on 08:53 - Jun 15 by Konk

Hamburg’s a great city for a weekend mooching about on the pop, but because it was flattened during WWII, it’s not exactly picturesque and this is possibly my ignorance, but it didn’t seem be overly blessed in terms of obvious tourist attractions. Friendly locals and some great bars in and around Sternschanze/Schanzenviertel, St Pauli and Altona. I used to travel to Hamburg regularly to watch Fulham in Europa League semis and finals, but things seem to have gone a bit quiet on that front…

Berlin is a brilliant city — again, not exactly beautiful, but loads to see and do, and ace at night too. Great place to visit at any time of year, but especially so in Spring/Summer with all the outside drinking/eating.

Bomber Harris certainly left his mark. Dusseldorf is a lively place, but looks like it was built in a single weekend in 1959. Munich is the best looking of the big German cities I've seen, surprisingly Italian in appearance with the the baroque architecture.
German city travel advice on 10:36 - Jun 15 with 1359 viewswillis1980

Id say Hamburg or Cologne, not too keen on berlin personally but generally the hipster folk love it. Travel in germany can be cheap and berlin and hamburg are quite close (just over an hour) you could do both.
German city travel advice on 10:43 - Jun 15 with 1352 viewsMark1

Berlin.

Been before and after the wall came down.

Munich second,worked there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024