Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cycling Stasi 11:33 - Jun 19 with 29892 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I agree with quite a lot of this.

I'm the latter normal A-B type she talks about. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3130690/SARAH-VINE-says-real-menaces-roa

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cycling Stasi on 11:44 - Jun 19 with 9189 viewsQPunkR

Sarah Vine is quite obviously a cúnt. It seems to me from her hate of cyclists 'shopping' shitty drivers that she herself has been caught out before. I don't wear lycra, cycle a racing bike or have a camera on my person, but I cycle every day in my baggy shorts, on my modded mountain bike through London and constantly see d!ckheads like the woman in the article doing shit they think is fine but which could end up getting someone (ok, me) killed.
After having an 'altercation' yesterday with a cúnt driving a fúcking bus of all things, I'm now looking into getting me one of those cameras as well, so I can 'shop' the next few d!ckbrain fúcktards who nearly hit me through either not paying attention (oh I was only eating cereal/doing my makeup/talking on the blower/having a w@nk) or on purpose.

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 12:02 - Jun 19 with 9146 viewsJuzzie

I ride a motorbike and had a right go at a car driver yesterday who went straight-on when he was in a 'left turn only' lane. By going straight ahead he effectively cut into what was my lane as 'his' lane had effectively ended. The three big newly white painted arrows on the the road pointing to left-only-turn lane clearly weren't visible enough.

I feel no smugness at pointing out to the cnt he could have knocked me off my bike had I not taken avoiding action.

"Alright, alright, mate. Don't worry about it" he said.

"it's a left-turn only lane" I pointed out "and you could have knocked me off so I will worry about it".

As for cyclists, until they abide by the same Highway Code that all road users have to, their protestations fall on deaf ears as far as I'm concerned.

We have 2 dedicated commuter-cyclists in the office, one of them has had three accidents so far this year, two of them caused by OTHER cyclists and the other a pedestrian stepping out in front of him whilst gawping at their phone.

Car/van/scooter/motorbikes/buses are all bad too but getting sick of these militant cyclists who think they are holier-than-thou and above the law whilst sailing through red lights, whizzing along pavements, riding at night without lights ... all of these are against the law but they seem oblivious of that.

I think I should get a helmet cam and film them. Problem is, with no form of identification nothing can be done to penalise them.

[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:09]
Cycling Stasi on 12:10 - Jun 19 with 9106 viewsloftboy

Cycling Stasi on 12:02 - Jun 19 by Juzzie

I ride a motorbike and had a right go at a car driver yesterday who went straight-on when he was in a 'left turn only' lane. By going straight ahead he effectively cut into what was my lane as 'his' lane had effectively ended. The three big newly white painted arrows on the the road pointing to left-only-turn lane clearly weren't visible enough.

I feel no smugness at pointing out to the cnt he could have knocked me off my bike had I not taken avoiding action.

"Alright, alright, mate. Don't worry about it" he said.

"it's a left-turn only lane" I pointed out "and you could have knocked me off so I will worry about it".

As for cyclists, until they abide by the same Highway Code that all road users have to, their protestations fall on deaf ears as far as I'm concerned.

We have 2 dedicated commuter-cyclists in the office, one of them has had three accidents so far this year, two of them caused by OTHER cyclists and the other a pedestrian stepping out in front of him whilst gawping at their phone.

Car/van/scooter/motorbikes/buses are all bad too but getting sick of these militant cyclists who think they are holier-than-thou and above the law whilst sailing through red lights, whizzing along pavements, riding at night without lights ... all of these are against the law but they seem oblivious of that.

I think I should get a helmet cam and film them. Problem is, with no form of identification nothing can be done to penalise them.

[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:09]

Do what I do, when one jumped a light down the strand nearly hitting my son I belted him, he wasnt so smug then.
There's a lot of cycle clubs in chertsey, they have permission to ride two abreast on a Sunday morning as long as they tell the police their route, I pressed a pedestrian light in front of them last week and to their due the lead cyclist pout up his arm and shouted out "lights" to his mates, they all stopped and even said good morning to me.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Cycling Stasi on 12:18 - Jun 19 with 9075 viewsBluce_Ree

I work in Liverpool and every f*cking cyclist here rides on the pavement. Inconsiderate c*nts. Literally the most selfish people on the planet.

I used to ride my bike to college back in London in the 90s and nearly died like three times. F**k that shit. I'll take the car.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Cycling Stasi on 12:20 - Jun 19 with 9069 viewsJuzzie

Cycling Stasi on 12:10 - Jun 19 by loftboy

Do what I do, when one jumped a light down the strand nearly hitting my son I belted him, he wasnt so smug then.
There's a lot of cycle clubs in chertsey, they have permission to ride two abreast on a Sunday morning as long as they tell the police their route, I pressed a pedestrian light in front of them last week and to their due the lead cyclist pout up his arm and shouted out "lights" to his mates, they all stopped and even said good morning to me.

Cycle clubs are different, they're easily identifiable in their club jerseys but yes, it's a good thing that they do that but they should not be commended for behaving normally, that's how they should behave! Interesting the lead cyclist shouted "lights", could the others not see it was red and needed to be told?!
I thought that two abreast was legal anyway without the need for to notify the police upfront? I'm sure it's 3 or 4 (or more) abreast that's illegal?

It's the singular commuter/boris bike cyclists that seem to live a in little bubble of their own thinking they are not only above the law but completely invincible.
The fact that vans, lorries, buses, coaches etc. all have stickers on the back saying "cyclists, do not ride down the inside" shows to me exactly where the problem lies.

I commute along the A316 (which you probably know well) and it has dedicated pedestrian & cycle paths along certain sections yet cyclists still go on the road. Unbelievable, cyclists clamour for their own lanes then don't use them!!

[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:27]
Cycling Stasi on 12:22 - Jun 19 with 9058 viewsWokingR

Cycling Stasi on 12:10 - Jun 19 by loftboy

You be careful out there Loftboy
You're not as big as you used to be
Cycling Stasi on 12:27 - Jun 19 with 9040 viewsKonk

“Let’s face it, there are few human traits more unattractive than smugness.

The woman who emerges from her changing room to inform the sales assistant – and anyone within earshot – that she thinks she might need a smaller size; the person next to you at dinner whose bread roll remains untouched” - Yeah, that really fu cking winds me up too. Is there anything so smug as someone not eating a bread roll?

Every day I see a small minority of cyclists being complete helmets, so I’m not going to deny there’s much room for improvement with some cyclists, but this daft tw at seems to think driving along eating a bowl of cereal is alright and that the fella who shopped her is more of a problem that someone driving a fu ck-off Range Rover with a bowl of cereal on the go. I was cycling-up Green Lanes the other day when the schools had just chucked-out and clocked some idiot driving along whilst watching a film/video on an ipad that he had propped-up behind his gear stick.

I try and cycle with consideration and common sense, so haven’t had much cause for verbal interaction with drivers, but as we were stopped at lights and he’d thoughtfully stopped in the Advanced stop zone, I did knock on this bloke’s window and ask him what the fu ck he was doing watching telly whilst driving a car. He just blanked me. Sorry, but I’d happily have speed cameras on every road in the UK — there are speed limits for a reason — I regularly see people doing 40mph+ right outside an Infants school and park on a quiet street round the corner from me. If you don’t want the fines, stick to the speed limit, if you don’t want to get tugged by the Old Bill, don’t eat Coco Pops whilst driving a Range Rover — get up ten minutes earlier and eat them at home, you fu cking arrogant t wat.

I really don’t think the demonisation of cyclists is helpful — I could pen an article every day banging on about the sh it driving I witness, before even getting onto the unfairness of living in an area with sh it air quality, largely due to people driving in from the suburbs and further afield and sitting in gridlock. You end up with thick tw ats tarring all cyclists with the same brush, as I experienced the other day with the world’s angriest little bloke who felt the need to scream abuse at me whilst threatening to run me down because I hadn’t stopped to let him through onto an already gridlocked Green Lanes. He was ranting on about Red light jumping, riding the wrong way up one way streets and riding on the pavement, when I was doing none of those things. I just laughed at the bloke and told him he wasn’t going to last long, sitting in his little tin box with that much anger inside him (that was when he threatened to run me over once the traffic had cleared — I suspect I was indoors by the time he’d shifted 100m though).

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Cycling Stasi on 12:30 - Jun 19 with 9030 viewsEastR

Probably not unlike a few people, I’m at various points a driver, a cyclist and a pedestrian.
In the past week I’ve witnessed amongst other things a selection of cars jumping red lights, drivers on handsets, cyclists going the wrong way down one way streets and ignoring traffic lights, zombie smart phone pedestrians oblivious to the rest of us.

The world is full of selfish cn8ts who think they’re above considerate behaviour to everyone else, and they come in the guise of drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Login to get fewer ads

Cycling Stasi on 12:38 - Jun 19 with 9012 viewsKonk

Cycling Stasi on 12:20 - Jun 19 by Juzzie

Cycle clubs are different, they're easily identifiable in their club jerseys but yes, it's a good thing that they do that but they should not be commended for behaving normally, that's how they should behave! Interesting the lead cyclist shouted "lights", could the others not see it was red and needed to be told?!
I thought that two abreast was legal anyway without the need for to notify the police upfront? I'm sure it's 3 or 4 (or more) abreast that's illegal?

It's the singular commuter/boris bike cyclists that seem to live a in little bubble of their own thinking they are not only above the law but completely invincible.
The fact that vans, lorries, buses, coaches etc. all have stickers on the back saying "cyclists, do not ride down the inside" shows to me exactly where the problem lies.

I commute along the A316 (which you probably know well) and it has dedicated pedestrian & cycle paths along certain sections yet cyclists still go on the road. Unbelievable, cyclists clamour for their own lanes then don't use them!!

[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:27]

Cycle paths are often shockingly designed — hilariously so — often full of glass, stones, sticks etc, so I wouldn’t automatically use any cycle-path that’s on my route if it increases my chance of getting a puncture or spits me out into a dangerous position when it ends after about forty metres.

I visit friends in the Netherlands several times a year and it’s almost an insult to call our cycle paths, cycle paths, when you compare them to the provision that’s provided for cyclists over there. Rush hour in any of the big cities sees thousands (literally) upon thousands of people cycling to school, work, college etc; net result: fu ck all fat people, quieter cities and cleaner air. Seeing kids aged 5 cycling through central Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht makes you realise how sh it our current situation is in the UK.

PS. Whenever I've been cycling through the borough of Hackney at 06:00> on a Saturday or Sunday morning, I've seen the street cleaners sweeping broken glass from the pavement outside pubs and bars into the cycle path - how good's that? That's happened on about 5-6 occasions in Stoke Newington, Dalston and Hackney proper, so looks like it's official practice - cheers, chaps, I thought, as I was mending a puncture the other week.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:46]

Cycling Stasi on 12:41 - Jun 19 with 9005 viewsTheBlob

Not as bad as tailgaters,the scourge of modern living.There was one so far up my tailpipe a couple of days back going into Devil's Bridge I could almost smell his aftershave.
He couldn't get past on that twisty narrow road,and if he'd touched me I'd have been out of the motor faster than Mo Farrah on Quorn On The Quob and landed a tyre iron on his adam's apple.As it was I slowed right down for the next three miles and blew him a big wet kiss at the turning for the A44.He was not best pleased not least because his munter of a wife,a mountainous homunculus with a face like a scalded octopus was giving him added grief.
Apologies if it was anyone on here.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:42]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cycling Stasi on 12:42 - Jun 19 with 8995 viewsQPunkR

Juzzie; "As for cyclists, until they abide by the same Highway Code that all road users have to, their protestations fall on deaf ears as far as I'm concerned."

"Car/van/scooter/motorbikes/buses are all bad too but getting sick of these militant cyclists who think they are holier-than-thou and above the law whilst sailing through red lights, whizzing along pavements, riding at night without lights ... all of these are against the law but they seem oblivious of that"

So until *all cyclists everywhere* abide by the Highway Code that no drivers or motorcyclists ever break themselves - never ever, not in a million years guv - it's ok for me to be roundly abused by fúcknuggets in souped-up metal boxes and have near-misses every day??

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 12:47 - Jun 19 with 8953 viewsClive_Anderson

Too much stuff on the roads especially in the South East. Cyclists are shit but then drivers are probably even worse.

Pedestrianise London between 7am and 7pm in London and make the roads cycle lanes instead during those times.
Cycling Stasi on 12:49 - Jun 19 with 8947 viewsPommyhoop

The women's cycling at the olympics has made the athletics 2nd choice over here

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Cycling Stasi on 12:52 - Jun 19 with 8937 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Buses are too big now.

You could go around a routemaster and not enter the second lane now the bus takes up the whole fkin lane, I go down Marylebone road a lot and overtaking a stationary bus on that sometimes is not for the feint-hearted.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cycling Stasi on 12:53 - Jun 19 with 8937 viewsJuzzie

Cycling Stasi on 12:42 - Jun 19 by QPunkR

Juzzie; "As for cyclists, until they abide by the same Highway Code that all road users have to, their protestations fall on deaf ears as far as I'm concerned."

"Car/van/scooter/motorbikes/buses are all bad too but getting sick of these militant cyclists who think they are holier-than-thou and above the law whilst sailing through red lights, whizzing along pavements, riding at night without lights ... all of these are against the law but they seem oblivious of that"

So until *all cyclists everywhere* abide by the Highway Code that no drivers or motorcyclists ever break themselves - never ever, not in a million years guv - it's ok for me to be roundly abused by fúcknuggets in souped-up metal boxes and have near-misses every day??

That's not what I'm saying.

I started off my first post by saying I felt no smugness as a two-wheeled road user abusing a car driver. I think the cyclist had every right to have a go at someone eating cereal while driving.
I too see vehicle drivers doing utterly stupid things but they are accountable if caught by virtue of being easily recognisable. Cyclist aren't.

However, and this is my point, cyclists en masse need to get their own house in order before they start telling others how to behave. In one fell swoop recently whilst walking along by Kensington Olympia a cyclist rightly had a go at a van driver then sailed right through a red light. Complete hypocrite.
Cycling Stasi on 12:53 - Jun 19 with 8932 viewsKonk

Exactly this. All these boring rants about red light jumping etc - I'm gonna get my own newspaper column and radio show: "Drivers eh? Red light jumping, speeding, child killing, zebra-crossing-ignoring, phone-using, McDonalds/crisps/pasty-eating, weed-smoking, drink-driving, coke-using, no-insurance-no-MOT, lights not working, non-indicating, shit loud music playing, car horn beeping at 2am, polluting, pavement blocking, illegal parking, driving with sh it eyesight, street hogging idiots - I hate them and you should too!"

See, I could do that every day, but it would hardly be fair on the majority of drivers who do driving with consideration. And it would be as boring as every debate about cycle provision coming down to, "Yeah, but they jump red lights".

Cycling Stasi on 12:56 - Jun 19 with 8908 viewsTheBlob

I love cyclists.I've signed up a couple for transplants should I ever need a cornea or a liver.

Cycling Stasi on 12:57 - Jun 19 with 8906 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 12:53 - Jun 19 by Juzzie

That's not what I'm saying.

I started off my first post by saying I felt no smugness as a two-wheeled road user abusing a car driver. I think the cyclist had every right to have a go at someone eating cereal while driving.
I too see vehicle drivers doing utterly stupid things but they are accountable if caught by virtue of being easily recognisable. Cyclist aren't.

However, and this is my point, cyclists en masse need to get their own house in order before they start telling others how to behave. In one fell swoop recently whilst walking along by Kensington Olympia a cyclist rightly had a go at a van driver then sailed right through a red light. Complete hypocrite.

I'm in no way saying all or even most cyclists are angels, but it does not give drivers the right to act the @rsehole. By saying cyclists need to get their house in order before complaining about fúckwittery from our motored fellow road users it makes it sound like they're less important than everyone else. Which is definitely the feeling I get from a lot of drivers. Why shouldn't motorists get *their* house in order first before abusing cyclists anyways?

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 13:03 - Jun 19 with 8889 viewsJuzzie

Cycling Stasi on 12:57 - Jun 19 by QPunkR

I'm in no way saying all or even most cyclists are angels, but it does not give drivers the right to act the @rsehole. By saying cyclists need to get their house in order before complaining about fúckwittery from our motored fellow road users it makes it sound like they're less important than everyone else. Which is definitely the feeling I get from a lot of drivers. Why shouldn't motorists get *their* house in order first before abusing cyclists anyways?

I agree, they should. There are various awareness courses (I've just been on a speed one, learnt a lot), fines, penalty points, insurance hikes etc all in place. What penalties are in place for cyclists? A £30 fine for going through a red light with a 1/1,000,000 chance of actually getting caught.

All road users are cnts. I agree with EastR above, it's the person not the vehicle but when you have one section of road users that have the minutests of chances of getting caught, it causes problems.
I think part of the anger from motorists is this. I don't condone their behaviour but it's frustrating knowing if you do something wrong you're likely to get penalised then you see others doing all the things people have mentioned knowing they'll never get caught.

'tis unfair I tell ye, 'tis unfair.
Cycling Stasi on 13:04 - Jun 19 with 8884 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cycling Stasi on 12:57 - Jun 19 by QPunkR

Might be a bit controversial but I do think cyclists are less important. I'm not saying it's ok at all for a motorist to do something like eat cereal or watch a film but it can be bloody difficult at times to spot cyclists and I think in general they should do more to look out for themselves rather than seeking out things to complain about.
Cycling Stasi on 13:10 - Jun 19 with 8867 viewsWokingR

Cycling Stasi on 13:04 - Jun 19 by Watford_Ranger

Might be a bit controversial but I do think cyclists are less important. I'm not saying it's ok at all for a motorist to do something like eat cereal or watch a film but it can be bloody difficult at times to spot cyclists and I think in general they should do more to look out for themselves rather than seeking out things to complain about.

" I do think cyclists are less important"
I'm not sure if you meant this how it came out but I'm certainly looking forward to the avalanche of shit you have just invited upon yourself
Cycling Stasi on 13:12 - Jun 19 with 8853 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cycling Stasi on 13:10 - Jun 19 by WokingR

" I do think cyclists are less important"
I'm not sure if you meant this how it came out but I'm certainly looking forward to the avalanche of shit you have just invited upon yourself

Me too

I appreciate most people, including motorists, will disagree. I just think I have more of a right to be on a road in my car than someone on a bicycle does.

If that makes me a cnt, I'm a cnt. I still look out for cyclists as much as possible and touch wood in eight years of driving haven't had an altercation with one.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 13:13]
Cycling Stasi on 13:23 - Jun 19 with 8818 viewsTheBlob

It's just another religious argument in the end isn't it.

Cycling Stasi on 13:30 - Jun 19 with 8804 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 13:12 - Jun 19 by Watford_Ranger

Me too

I appreciate most people, including motorists, will disagree. I just think I have more of a right to be on a road in my car than someone on a bicycle does.

If that makes me a cnt, I'm a cnt. I still look out for cyclists as much as possible and touch wood in eight years of driving haven't had an altercation with one.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 13:13]

I'm afraid to say you are indeed then, if you think you're more important than another human being.

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 13:34 - Jun 19 with 8776 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 13:03 - Jun 19 by Juzzie

I agree, they should. There are various awareness courses (I've just been on a speed one, learnt a lot), fines, penalty points, insurance hikes etc all in place. What penalties are in place for cyclists? A £30 fine for going through a red light with a 1/1,000,000 chance of actually getting caught.

All road users are cnts. I agree with EastR above, it's the person not the vehicle but when you have one section of road users that have the minutests of chances of getting caught, it causes problems.
I think part of the anger from motorists is this. I don't condone their behaviour but it's frustrating knowing if you do something wrong you're likely to get penalised then you see others doing all the things people have mentioned knowing they'll never get caught.

'tis unfair I tell ye, 'tis unfair.

£80 fine now.
I don't know where the slavering hatred from motorists comes from - maybe they're annoyed their machines capable of going 180mph can still only do 0mph in a bit of pornographic while cyclists can mosey on through at their leisure - but I doubt it comes from the fact that cyclists have a small chance of getting caught for their wrongdoing.
Essentially, everyone in the world should be a touch less cúnty then we'd all get on grand.

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024