Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cycling Stasi 11:33 - Jun 19 with 29862 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I agree with quite a lot of this.

I'm the latter normal A-B type she talks about. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3130690/SARAH-VINE-says-real-menaces-roa

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cycling Stasi on 13:38 - Jun 19 with 2544 viewsR_from_afar

Cycling Stasi on 12:18 - Jun 19 by Bluce_Ree

I work in Liverpool and every f*cking cyclist here rides on the pavement. Inconsiderate c*nts. Literally the most selfish people on the planet.

I used to ride my bike to college back in London in the 90s and nearly died like three times. F**k that shit. I'll take the car.

Just bear in mind that a lot of pavements these days have been specifically designed by local councils to be dual use, i.e. for both pedestrians and cyclists. Most of the pavements alongside the main roads where I live are and I have ridden them for nine years with no issues.

You just need to be considerate and not treat whatever you are riding - or driving - on as your own private road.

For what it's worth, I think the cyclist went too far by reporting the driver to the police; the threat of doing so should've been enough. It certainly didn't warrant the tirade from The Mail though; who was breaking the law? Not the cyclist.

But the most of The Mail's journos hanker after the 1950s and would prefer cycling to be outlawed for everyone other rosy cheeked grand daughters taking the scones they have just lovingly baked round to grannies in the baskets of their Pashleys.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cycling Stasi on 13:41 - Jun 19 with 2540 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cycling Stasi on 13:30 - Jun 19 by QPunkR

I'm afraid to say you are indeed then, if you think you're more important than another human being.

I didn't say that. I'm no more important a person than Joe Bloggs the cyclist.

Just think my car has more of a right to be there, on the road, than his bike.
Cycling Stasi on 13:42 - Jun 19 with 2540 viewsR_from_afar

Cycling Stasi on 12:30 - Jun 19 by EastR

Probably not unlike a few people, I’m at various points a driver, a cyclist and a pedestrian.
In the past week I’ve witnessed amongst other things a selection of cars jumping red lights, drivers on handsets, cyclists going the wrong way down one way streets and ignoring traffic lights, zombie smart phone pedestrians oblivious to the rest of us.

The world is full of selfish cn8ts who think they’re above considerate behaviour to everyone else, and they come in the guise of drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.

You have nailed it! Respect!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cycling Stasi on 13:49 - Jun 19 with 2523 viewsBromleyHoop

Cycling Stasi on 12:56 - Jun 19 by TheBlob

I love cyclists.I've signed up a couple for transplants should I ever need a cornea or a liver.

Are you for real? That's one of the most cold and callous things I've ever read and not just on this site.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Cycling Stasi on 13:50 - Jun 19 with 2519 viewswillis1980

speaking as a cyclist (occasional motorist) that was threatened at gun point for not driving into oncoming traffic at a roundabout while those coming from the right had priority, I wouldve welcomed a camera on my bonce. if not to show the handheld weapon i was threatened with then the 3 times he tried to run me over!

Description of driver went out, license plate too and there were plenty of willing witnesses. Car was registered to a woman (not a man) to a travellers site in Mitcham and only insured for her use only. it took over a week for the police to come and interview me and nothing so far has happened. THis was about a year ago.
Cycling Stasi on 13:50 - Jun 19 with 2519 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cycling Stasi on 13:49 - Jun 19 by BromleyHoop

Are you for real? That's one of the most cold and callous things I've ever read and not just on this site.

Not a bad idea though. They're very useful for organ harvesting.
Cycling Stasi on 14:23 - Jun 19 with 2471 viewsJuzzie

I don't think cyclists are any less important than motor vehicles but I do think they should be responsible for their own actions, just as anyone should be in any walk of life, and not go by the mantra "everyone should look out for me regardless of what I do". Observation when on my motorbike or in the car is hard enough as it is .

Even if the law states that's the case, if I were a cyclist I certainly wouldn't free wheel through a red light in the hope someone may see me. Whoever is in the right or wrong, a cyclist will always come off worse so you have to look out for your own safety. Anything else is just putting yourself up for a Darwin Award.

[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 14:32]
Cycling Stasi on 14:52 - Jun 19 with 2442 viewsKonk

Cycling Stasi on 13:41 - Jun 19 by Watford_Ranger

We had roads a long time before we had cars. I've as much right to be there on my bike as you have in your car/van/cement mixer.

Drivers can sometimes come across as entitled tarts who can't handle it when they're asked to accommodate people using other forms of transport, be it bicycles or pedestrians; witness the fuss over the introduction of London's first serious cycle lanes.

Spend any time in a largely pedestrianized city centre and tell me it's not preferable to the situation we have where you're sat outside eating your lunch sat 4 feet from a city centre traffic jam.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

Cycling Stasi on 15:29 - Jun 19 with 2401 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 13:41 - Jun 19 by Watford_Ranger

With all due respect, and less eloquently worded than my esteemed Fulham friend above - why the fúck do you have more right to be on a road than me?
And for the love of Christ, don't roll out that usual driver bullshit of 'road tax'. You should know by now that no such fúcking thing exists.

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 15:32 - Jun 19 with 2396 viewsKonk

And if they do trot out that old pony, feel free to point out that something like 80% of motorists also drive, so they're likely to be paying for their vehicle emissions too. And who mashes our roads up more - 12 stone blokes on light road bikes or lorries, buses, vans and cars?

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Cycling Stasi on 15:38 - Jun 19 with 2381 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cycling Stasi on 15:29 - Jun 19 by QPunkR

With all due respect, and less eloquently worded than my esteemed Fulham friend above - why the fúck do you have more right to be on a road than me?
And for the love of Christ, don't roll out that usual driver bullshit of 'road tax'. You should know by now that no such fúcking thing exists.

Who mentioned road tax?

It's not something I can put my finger on to be honest. Maybe just being in a bigger, sturdier vehicle but I feel I have a lot more regard for cyclists' lives than most of them seem to. I'm not saying I'm right to feel that way or that cyclists are in any way inferior, merely that I find them a bit of a nuisance when a significant minority get in the way and put the onus on me to be aware of whatever crap maneouveures they attempt.
Cycling Stasi on 15:47 - Jun 19 with 2369 viewsPhildo

My mum was killed by a speeding driver undertaking in a bus lane. She was paying a charity collection into the bank on Chiswick high road at the time. Being in a car makes you feel isolated from other road users and take bigger liberties. Peoples inherent personalities get magnified -so a bit of a dick becomes a massive one (perhaps like message boards!).

Having said that there does seem to be about 10% of cyclists who have also been at the testosterone thigh rub because you do see some acting the pillock and endangering other road users. When i saw the cereal bowl thing i thought what a stupid woman. I also think the cyclist was a bit of a dick as well though. I have a feeling the camera thing is going to become really common though and that is going to sort out a lot of stupid behaviour by all road users in time. I used to cyle to work but have given up as it just began to feel a bit too dangerous. Driving down a narrow residential street with a school on it i got overtaken on a bend by a bloke in an x5 the other day - my crime was sticking to the speed limit.
Cycling Stasi on 16:04 - Jun 19 with 2340 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 15:38 - Jun 19 by Watford_Ranger

Who mentioned road tax?

It's not something I can put my finger on to be honest. Maybe just being in a bigger, sturdier vehicle but I feel I have a lot more regard for cyclists' lives than most of them seem to. I'm not saying I'm right to feel that way or that cyclists are in any way inferior, merely that I find them a bit of a nuisance when a significant minority get in the way and put the onus on me to be aware of whatever crap maneouveures they attempt.

Erm, like other car drivers you mean? You also have to watch out for all of them aswell, Shirley?

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 16:04 - Jun 19 with 2337 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 15:47 - Jun 19 by Phildo

My mum was killed by a speeding driver undertaking in a bus lane. She was paying a charity collection into the bank on Chiswick high road at the time. Being in a car makes you feel isolated from other road users and take bigger liberties. Peoples inherent personalities get magnified -so a bit of a dick becomes a massive one (perhaps like message boards!).

Having said that there does seem to be about 10% of cyclists who have also been at the testosterone thigh rub because you do see some acting the pillock and endangering other road users. When i saw the cereal bowl thing i thought what a stupid woman. I also think the cyclist was a bit of a dick as well though. I have a feeling the camera thing is going to become really common though and that is going to sort out a lot of stupid behaviour by all road users in time. I used to cyle to work but have given up as it just began to feel a bit too dangerous. Driving down a narrow residential street with a school on it i got overtaken on a bend by a bloke in an x5 the other day - my crime was sticking to the speed limit.

NHS loves cyclists esp on wet days they call them organ donors, was down in Brighton the other week crossing by pier load of people crossing at the same time cyclist comes round full tilt and weaves between everyone crossing missed us by a foot at most.

Make cyclists have insurance
Make cyclists take tests and be bound by the same laws as car drivers , until then my gas guzzling 4x4 will carry in mowing the feckers down esp this who love to ride two abreast having a chat or listening to the fecking iPods oblivious to other road users

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Cycling Stasi on 16:07 - Jun 19 with 2334 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 16:04 - Jun 19 by wombat

NHS loves cyclists esp on wet days they call them organ donors, was down in Brighton the other week crossing by pier load of people crossing at the same time cyclist comes round full tilt and weaves between everyone crossing missed us by a foot at most.

Make cyclists have insurance
Make cyclists take tests and be bound by the same laws as car drivers , until then my gas guzzling 4x4 will carry in mowing the feckers down esp this who love to ride two abreast having a chat or listening to the fecking iPods oblivious to other road users

Christ, I forgot what an utter cúnt you are

"until then my gas guzzling 4x4 will carry in mowing the feckers down"

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 16:10 - Jun 19 with 2183 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 16:07 - Jun 19 by QPunkR

Christ, I forgot what an utter cúnt you are

"until then my gas guzzling 4x4 will carry in mowing the feckers down"

Feelings likewise punk bastard to scrape off the bull bars that Lycra is a b@stard to get off as well

Take it you still disagree that you should have insurance and take some sort of basic road test then ?

And the bit about the NHS is totally true by the way
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 16:14]

Cycling Stasi on 16:14 - Jun 19 with 2181 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cycling Stasi on 16:04 - Jun 19 by QPunkR

Erm, like other car drivers you mean? You also have to watch out for all of them aswell, Shirley?

Yes, obviously, but if I hit another car then there's unlikely to be too much harm done. If I hit a cyclist while abiding by all laws of the road I have to live with that regardless of how stupidly they're cycling and they're in hospital or worse but seem to have little regard for how unsafe an environment they're travelling in when whizzing through the roads.
Cycling Stasi on 16:37 - Jun 19 with 2142 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 16:14 - Jun 19 by Watford_Ranger

Yes, obviously, but if I hit another car then there's unlikely to be too much harm done. If I hit a cyclist while abiding by all laws of the road I have to live with that regardless of how stupidly they're cycling and they're in hospital or worse but seem to have little regard for how unsafe an environment they're travelling in when whizzing through the roads.

punk seems to have gone very quiet maybe he's squeezing himself into his Lycra shorts ready for the trip home tonight .

Cycling Stasi on 16:45 - Jun 19 with 2134 viewsTheBlob

Cycling Stasi on 13:49 - Jun 19 by BromleyHoop

Oooooohhhhh my stalker is back.
I woulldn't have your diseased liver for a gift you little turd - not even with some crispy bacon.
Now f*ck off and get run over.

"ooooh mummy he called me a turd shall I tell Clive?"
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 16:53]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cycling Stasi on 17:06 - Jun 19 with 2097 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 16:45 - Jun 19 by TheBlob

Oooooohhhhh my stalker is back.
I woulldn't have your diseased liver for a gift you little turd - not even with some crispy bacon.
Now f*ck off and get run over.

"ooooh mummy he called me a turd shall I tell Clive?"
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 16:53]

Blob he's right actually , the liver of a cyclist would be no use to you atall after the average RTA tends to be a tad flattened usually corneas are normally ok though , the helmet tends to protect those

Cycling Stasi on 17:10 - Jun 19 with 2090 viewsTheBlob

Cycling Stasi on 17:06 - Jun 19 by wombat

Blob he's right actually , the liver of a cyclist would be no use to you atall after the average RTA tends to be a tad flattened usually corneas are normally ok though , the helmet tends to protect those

I wouldn't have him for scrap Wombat.I don't even think the dog would touch him - and I haven't even got a dog.

Cycling Stasi on 17:13 - Jun 19 with 2085 viewsWatford_Ranger

Cycling Stasi on 17:10 - Jun 19 by TheBlob

I wouldn't have him for scrap Wombat.I don't even think the dog would touch him - and I haven't even got a dog.

I'll take the corneas. Might be able to get rid of these glasses then.
Cycling Stasi on 17:18 - Jun 19 with 2075 viewsTheBlob

Cycling Stasi on 17:13 - Jun 19 by Watford_Ranger

I'll take the corneas. Might be able to get rid of these glasses then.

Actually I need some fertiliser for the proposed vegetable patch.

"Mummy mummy why are you dragging me into the road there's a bus coming"
"Shaddap you snivelling little git and close your eyes"

Cycling Stasi on 23:59 - Jun 19 with 1964 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Until cyclists pay and insurance, use registration plates and pass a test to prove some basic competency to even be on the road in the first place, they'll get little respect or sympathy from me.

And if you don't like it, on yer bike.
Cycling Stasi on 00:03 - Jun 20 with 1962 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Cycling Stasi on 15:29 - Jun 19 by QPunkR

You only pay it if you keep a vehicle on the road. You can re-badge it all you like but when push comes to shove it's still road tax.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024