Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cycling Stasi 11:33 - Jun 19 with 29705 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I agree with quite a lot of this.

I'm the latter normal A-B type she talks about. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3130690/SARAH-VINE-says-real-menaces-roa

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cycling Stasi on 00:27 - Jun 20 with 2934 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 00:03 - Jun 20 by Benny_the_Ball

You only pay it if you keep a vehicle on the road. You can re-badge it all you like but when push comes to shove it's still road tax.

Love living where I do on the middx Bucks borders but HATE weekends for the sole fact of the Lycra clad tw@ts who take over the road , with zero consideration for other road users be it joe public or car users , we have a lot of country lanes round here and they love to bomb down them iPod on with zero thought that feck me a car might come th other way I'll drive with some caution NOPE nice sunny day in a sat and let's bomb round roads and stuff anyone coming the opposite direction and they love a two to have a chat while they do it . And don't forget the oh look there's a pot hole I'll swerve out the way with feck all hint of a signal or thought about who ever is coming the opposite way

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Cycling Stasi on 01:17 - Jun 20 with 2911 viewsPunteR

Cycling Stasi on 14:52 - Jun 19 by Konk

We had roads a long time before we had cars. I've as much right to be there on my bike as you have in your car/van/cement mixer.

Drivers can sometimes come across as entitled tarts who can't handle it when they're asked to accommodate people using other forms of transport, be it bicycles or pedestrians; witness the fuss over the introduction of London's first serious cycle lanes.

Spend any time in a largely pedestrianized city centre and tell me it's not preferable to the situation we have where you're sat outside eating your lunch sat 4 feet from a city centre traffic jam.

sorry konk, i love your posts usually ,but roads are built for cars/vans/cement mixers these days.
I remember a thread on here a couple of years ago about cyclists that dragged on a bit . My opinion hasn't changed since then but i'm more aware of cyclist because of the discussion which i suppose from a cyclist's point of view is a good thing. Yes im a white van driver.
I would never in a million years let my kids on the road on a bike in london.

If anybody wants to know what roads would be like if cyclists ruled the world , then go to Richmond park on a sunday or bank holiday.

I'm all for more cycle lanes. In fact if someone could design a bicycle that could take 5
8'x 4' sheets of mdf plus all my tools and have a cycle lane from bracknell to Wandsworth i'd be on it like a car bonnet.
It also needs to get me there in about an hour.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Cycling Stasi on 07:29 - Jun 20 with 2856 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Dear vehicle drivers,

would you all be so kind as to stop parking on the FACKIN' PAVEMENTS! Cants.

I thank you.
Cycling Stasi on 09:06 - Jun 20 with 2798 viewsRamseyR

When I drive my car I hate cyclists.
When I ride my motorbike, I hate car drivers, van drivers & cyclists
When I drive my van, I hate cyclists
On the rare occasion I ride my bike....I still hate cyclists

My bug bear is road tax. I pay road tax on four vehicles (car, van & two motorbikes) but I can only use ONE of them at a fcuking time! I don't produce four lots of emissions or cause four lots of road damage.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2015 9:12]
Cycling Stasi on 09:31 - Jun 20 with 2782 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

There are crap road users on all forms on transport but I'm my experience the ratio of considerate, law abiding cyclist to Stasi-esq cyclists is way out of whack. It's unfortunate for those who obey the rules that they are so outnumbered.

As a result of personal encounters with such cyclists I think they should all have to have some kind of licence to cycle on the road, have a registration plate of some kind so that the rest of us can send our films to the cops so they get done and should have a points system on their licences just like the rest if us.

Want to be treated like a civilised road user then fûcking act like one in the first place.
Cycling Stasi on 09:36 - Jun 20 with 2778 viewswillis1980

Cycling Stasi on 23:59 - Jun 19 by Benny_the_Ball

Until cyclists pay and insurance, use registration plates and pass a test to prove some basic competency to even be on the road in the first place, they'll get little respect or sympathy from me.

And if you don't like it, on yer bike.

Funny how motorists have all of those things and still end up drink driving and killing people. I'll respect any motorist that follows the rules of the road sadly these are practically non existent. Those of you drive think seriously about the last time you endangered the public by speeding, not indicating, eating texting watching iPads while you drive. Most motorists don't adhere to the same laws they moan about cyclists not following. So all the tests insurance does dark all good
Cycling Stasi on 09:43 - Jun 20 with 2768 viewsTheBlob

Cycling Stasi on 09:36 - Jun 20 by willis1980

Funny how motorists have all of those things and still end up drink driving and killing people. I'll respect any motorist that follows the rules of the road sadly these are practically non existent. Those of you drive think seriously about the last time you endangered the public by speeding, not indicating, eating texting watching iPads while you drive. Most motorists don't adhere to the same laws they moan about cyclists not following. So all the tests insurance does dark all good

So in short according to you all motorists are blind homocidal maniacs with a penchant for eating cereal on the move?Makes a short trip to the shops sound like something out of Mad Max.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cycling Stasi on 10:01 - Jun 20 with 2758 viewswillis1980

Cycling Stasi on 09:43 - Jun 20 by TheBlob

So in short according to you all motorists are blind homocidal maniacs with a penchant for eating cereal on the move?Makes a short trip to the shops sound like something out of Mad Max.

You sound exactly like that
Login to get fewer ads

Cycling Stasi on 10:15 - Jun 20 with 2749 viewsTheBlob

Cycling Stasi on 10:01 - Jun 20 by willis1980

You sound exactly like that

In your mirror very soon....

Cycling Stasi on 10:22 - Jun 20 with 2747 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 16:37 - Jun 19 by wombat

punk seems to have gone very quiet maybe he's squeezing himself into his Lycra shorts ready for the trip home tonight .

Sorry Mr tough keyboard warrior, had some work to do. Kill anyone on your drive home, w@nker?

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 10:23 - Jun 20 with 2747 viewslondonscottish

Cycling Stasi on 11:44 - Jun 19 by QPunkR

Sarah Vine is quite obviously a cúnt. It seems to me from her hate of cyclists 'shopping' shitty drivers that she herself has been caught out before. I don't wear lycra, cycle a racing bike or have a camera on my person, but I cycle every day in my baggy shorts, on my modded mountain bike through London and constantly see d!ckheads like the woman in the article doing shit they think is fine but which could end up getting someone (ok, me) killed.
After having an 'altercation' yesterday with a cúnt driving a fúcking bus of all things, I'm now looking into getting me one of those cameras as well, so I can 'shop' the next few d!ckbrain fúcktards who nearly hit me through either not paying attention (oh I was only eating cereal/doing my makeup/talking on the blower/having a w@nk) or on purpose.

I'm the same - cycling a MTB in baggies in London.

Most of the time the drivers are trying to look out for cyclists but inevitably miss the odd one as there is so much going on around them.

But there is a subset of serial ladies and other tw**s who just barge through and cut me up presumably because I can't "hurt" them.

Disgusting and vey dangerous attitude.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Cycling Stasi on 10:46 - Jun 20 with 2732 viewsMancR

I cycle to work in Manchester suburbs and don't seem to encounter these issues. I don't take the piss, ride sensibly but do chortle as a sail past lines of stationary vehicles. But I get how vulnerable all cyclists are and wear all the correct gear. Any cyclist who rides with headphones is insane.
Another major factor is that the exercise and money saves cycling gives me plenty of guilt free drinking.
What did the guy on Hill Street Blues say? Be careful out there:)
Cycling Stasi on 10:58 - Jun 20 with 2723 viewsDejR_vu

Cycling Stasi on 11:44 - Jun 19 by QPunkR

Sarah Vine is quite obviously a cúnt. It seems to me from her hate of cyclists 'shopping' shitty drivers that she herself has been caught out before. I don't wear lycra, cycle a racing bike or have a camera on my person, but I cycle every day in my baggy shorts, on my modded mountain bike through London and constantly see d!ckheads like the woman in the article doing shit they think is fine but which could end up getting someone (ok, me) killed.
After having an 'altercation' yesterday with a cúnt driving a fúcking bus of all things, I'm now looking into getting me one of those cameras as well, so I can 'shop' the next few d!ckbrain fúcktards who nearly hit me through either not paying attention (oh I was only eating cereal/doing my makeup/talking on the blower/having a w@nk) or on purpose.

If you don't like traffic stay off the roads.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Cycling Stasi on 17:29 - Jun 20 with 2632 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 10:22 - Jun 20 by QPunkR

Sorry Mr tough keyboard warrior, had some work to do. Kill anyone on your drive home, w@nker?

Sorry just scraping one off the bull bars from last nights drive home that yellow Lycra does set the alloys off nicely though

Oh and punk who's the odd one out for paying road insurance
Cars and trucks
Bikes
Horse riders

All use the public highway who aren't obliged or have to pay for insurance to use the roads ?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2015 17:46]

Cycling Stasi on 19:44 - Jun 20 with 2587 viewsToast_R

Doing the London to Brighton tomorrow, anyone want to donate ti my Just Giving page for the British Heart Foundation? Great cause.
Cycling Stasi on 20:21 - Jun 20 with 2566 viewskensalriser

Of course, none of the holier than thou, high testosterone car drivers giving it the large one has never, ever, broken the law while driving, right?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Cycling Stasi on 23:35 - Jun 20 with 2490 viewsItalianR

So basically we got to the point where some people are so angry at cyclists that they are actually wishing them dead, making jokes about how good a liver or a cornea are, after you have been run over by a lorry. It is, I have to say, the most disgusting exchange of opinions I have read on this forum. Not even in the one about migrants, in that case no one was making fun of people dying , at least.
Cycling Stasi on 23:48 - Jun 20 with 2479 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 23:35 - Jun 20 by ItalianR

So basically we got to the point where some people are so angry at cyclists that they are actually wishing them dead, making jokes about how good a liver or a cornea are, after you have been run over by a lorry. It is, I have to say, the most disgusting exchange of opinions I have read on this forum. Not even in the one about migrants, in that case no one was making fun of people dying , at least.

Try and find one of the older threads about cycling , this ones a tea party compared to that one
Its called black humour ( not in a recast context ) some of the Lycra warriors are way to easy to wind up esp in close season or they have had a hard ride and the Lycra has caused some chaffing I'd personally never want a organ donation from a cyclist myself

Cycling Stasi on 00:16 - Jun 21 with 2473 viewsloftboy

When a cycle lane is provided it should be compulsory for a cyclist to use it. The busiest roundabout in Chertsey which is at the apex of Chertsey, addlestone, Weybridge and the m25 has on underneath, last year I had the mis fortune of seeing a cyclist laid on his back stark naked with paramedics with their hands in his chest trying in vain to save his life, had he used the cycle lane provided he would still be alive today, the poor girl that hit him has to live with that for the rest of her life, yet I still see cyclists riding over it. Madness

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Cycling Stasi on 00:58 - Jun 21 with 2455 viewsPunteR

Cycling Stasi on 20:21 - Jun 20 by kensalriser

Of course, none of the holier than thou, high testosterone car drivers giving it the large one has never, ever, broken the law while driving, right?

your missing the point.
We all break the law,drive badly etc. but if your on a bike with nothing but lycra to protect you than your the one taking the chance. No one on the road wants to kill anybody. Cyclists are the worst things on the road,not because i hate them as individuals, but because they make me have to make a split second decision that could cost their lives.
If someone crashes into my van because they are eating a bowl of cereal , than my insurance will sort it. If some crashes into me and i'm on a bike than i'm probably dead.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Cycling Stasi on 08:31 - Jun 21 with 2415 viewsTheBlob

Cycling Stasi on 20:21 - Jun 20 by kensalriser

These days you break some sort of law just by getting in your motor.

Cycling Stasi on 11:35 - Jun 21 with 2350 viewsGetMeRangers

Cycling Stasi on 00:16 - Jun 21 by loftboy

When a cycle lane is provided it should be compulsory for a cyclist to use it. The busiest roundabout in Chertsey which is at the apex of Chertsey, addlestone, Weybridge and the m25 has on underneath, last year I had the mis fortune of seeing a cyclist laid on his back stark naked with paramedics with their hands in his chest trying in vain to save his life, had he used the cycle lane provided he would still be alive today, the poor girl that hit him has to live with that for the rest of her life, yet I still see cyclists riding over it. Madness

You would have to be insane to ride around that roundabout. Not good travelling around it in a car.Fortunately there are enough easy ways to avoid it
Cycling Stasi on 12:30 - Jun 21 with 2328 viewsMancR

Anyone who knows the Portwood roundabout at Stockport would realise that is no place for a cycle. Yet everyday I see someone take the risk. Of course there is an underpass but that would take 20 extra seconds
Cycling Stasi on 22:55 - Jun 21 with 2264 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 12:30 - Jun 21 by MancR

Anyone who knows the Portwood roundabout at Stockport would realise that is no place for a cycle. Yet everyday I see someone take the risk. Of course there is an underpass but that would take 20 extra seconds

Here's one who needs insurance to ride on the public highway

Car drivers

Cyclists

Horse riders

Two of these are liable for any accident they are involved in one isn't ?

Cycling Stasi on 23:08 - Jun 21 with 2258 viewsOakR

I cycle periodically from SE London into town for work.

I've debated getting a camera but not bothered yet. If I did I'd use it to try and improve the standard of driving I see regularly.

I drive a car most in London, had a motorbike before and have therefore used most forms of transport fairly regularly. I think the reason cyclists and motorcyclists get more annoyed is that bad driving is so much more likely to result in their own serious injury or death.

Touch wood I've been fine so far, as I expect the worse to occur. Most often people just don;t see you, not great but there you go. The annoying times are when people see you, and decide, sod it, am going to pull out, cut across etc anyway.

I always hear cyclists go through red lights, but I bet less do than motorists who go over 30mph or 20mph in those respective zones.

There are bad drivers, bad motorcyclists, bad cyclists and bad pedestrians, the lumping together of 'group x are the demons' is not helpful. As with many things, a bit of individual responsibility for our own actions would work wonders.

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024