Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cycling Stasi 11:33 - Jun 19 with 29893 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I agree with quite a lot of this.

I'm the latter normal A-B type she talks about. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3130690/SARAH-VINE-says-real-menaces-roa

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Cycling Stasi on 13:45 - Feb 3 with 2937 viewsKonk

Brilliant! Six points and a £150 fine! Next time, you might as well kill a cyclist.

http://road.cc/content/news/177630-police-say-horrific-nottingham-hit-and-run-re

Surely if they won't say who was driving that's some sort of obstructing justice? How do you ever prove who's actually driving a car? Surely everyone could claim there car was taken/being driven by an unknown whenever they committed an offence. Unbelievable if they get away with that. What a cu ntish outcome. Here's hoping there's a successful challenge.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Cycling Stasi on 14:27 - Feb 3 with 2877 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cycling Stasi on 13:22 - Feb 3 by R_from_afar

Thank you on both counts, sir. I stumbled across the image online but had to process it a bit to make the text (more or less) legible on my avatar. I'm very passionate about environmental issues. The Blob likes to tease me, to get me to climb out of my pram...

RFA

You should get a helmet camera when using that pram and catch the bugger at it.
Cycling Stasi on 15:04 - Feb 3 with 2842 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 14:27 - Feb 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

You should get a helmet camera when using that pram and catch the bugger at it.

oh good a cycling thread when im having a cr@p day at work

ill pop back later see how its getting on

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Cycling Stasi on 17:34 - Feb 3 with 2766 viewsQPunkR

Cycling Stasi on 15:04 - Feb 3 by wombat

oh good a cycling thread when im having a cr@p day at work

ill pop back later see how its getting on

Just don't click on it then, you pillock

QPR - "shit but local"

Cycling Stasi on 20:25 - Feb 3 with 2702 viewsscot1963

Cycling Stasi on 13:22 - Feb 3 by R_from_afar

Thank you on both counts, sir. I stumbled across the image online but had to process it a bit to make the text (more or less) legible on my avatar. I'm very passionate about environmental issues. The Blob likes to tease me, to get me to climb out of my pram...

RFA

I would take this opportunity, RfromAfar, to start any threads/state any viewpoints on Global Warming, the BBC, Lee Camp etc etc as his phone and internet are down for a few days so he can't see them or reply
Cycling Stasi on 22:38 - Feb 3 with 2626 viewsPunteR

Cycling Stasi on 12:16 - Feb 3 by R_from_afar

Let me introduce a new dynamic to this thread: I am going to compliment a driver on some courteous and sensible driving. I am both a driver and a cyclist, by the way.

I was cycling through Bracknell very early last Saturday. I normally use cycle paths, where they exist, but it was before 9am and I also don't want to avoid roads to the extent that I develop a morbid fear of using them.

There is a stretch of dual carriageway in the town centre which is reduced to single carriageway, through the use of cones, due to the redevelopment of the town (we are getting sewers and, rumour has it, piped water and electricity too). I reached that section ahead of a car and rather than the car trying to squeeze past - which would've been tricky because the lanes are very narrow - he sat back and waited for the cones to end. I was going as fast as possible because I do anyway and I didn't want to hold him and the other cars up but all the same, I certainly delayed that car and others behind them but they all waited patiently and there was no hooting or other aggro. I offered profuse waves of thanks. Heartwarming.

RFA

We're a good bunch in Bracknell

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Cycling Stasi on 09:56 - Feb 4 with 2535 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 17:34 - Feb 3 by QPunkR

Just don't click on it then, you pillock

was wondering when you would pop your lycra clad head in Qpunk

got a lovely story about one of your friends later will post it when i get chance.

Cycling Stasi on 10:06 - Feb 4 with 2518 viewsTheBlob

Cycling Stasi on 20:25 - Feb 3 by scot1963

I would take this opportunity, RfromAfar, to start any threads/state any viewpoints on Global Warming, the BBC, Lee Camp etc etc as his phone and internet are down for a few days so he can't see them or reply

+

[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 10:14]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Cycling Stasi on 10:33 - Feb 4 with 2497 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cycling Stasi on 10:06 - Feb 4 by TheBlob

+

[Post edited 4 Feb 2016 10:14]

Go on Blob, whats the deal with Lee Camp?
Cycling Stasi on 10:38 - Feb 4 with 2480 viewsTheBlob

Cycling Stasi on 10:33 - Feb 4 by BazzaInTheLoft

Go on Blob, whats the deal with Lee Camp?

Nice try Bazza.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Cycling Stasi on 14:35 - Feb 4 with 2391 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Cycling Stasi on 10:38 - Feb 4 by TheBlob

Nice try Bazza.

I genuinely don't know!
Cycling Stasi on 15:53 - Feb 4 with 2360 viewswillis1980

let me use this opportunity as somebody who both cycles to work and drives on weekends to mention an incident I had this morning where a cyclist coming through a park (that has signs up everywhere prohibiting cycling in the park) decided to give me an earful because i continued to walk along the pavement that crosses the parks exit and didnt make way for him. we i informed him that he is prohibited from cycling through the park and the pavement i got another earful.

the second gripe is that a lot of the cycle to work crowd on the main road where i live (which i wont cycle on due to how dangerous it is as ive been hot by cars twice here in the past) dont see the need to stop when people cross the zebra crossing! motorists do the same mind! but given the fact the crossing is by the gates of a huge school doesnt make matters any better.
Cycling Stasi on 16:02 - Feb 4 with 2352 viewskensalriser

Saw a good one on the M20 last week.

Some type of SUV towing a sizeable caravan kept on swerving about in the middle lane while doing 70ish (speed limit is 60). As I passed him I saw to my disbelief he had only one hand on the wheel while the other clamped a phone to his ear. Imagine the carnage if he'd lost control and jackknifed and flipped across all three lanes. Morons like that should have their licences rescinded.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Cycling Stasi on 08:25 - Feb 5 with 2254 viewswombat

Cycling Stasi on 16:02 - Feb 4 by kensalriser

Some type of SUV towing a sizeable caravan kept on swerving about in the middle lane while doing 70ish (speed limit is 60). As I passed him I saw to my disbelief he had only one hand on the wheel while the other clamped a phone to his ear. Imagine the carnage if he'd lost control and jackknifed and flipped across all three lanes. Morons like that should have their licences rescinded.

when i tow i keep it way below 60 usually mid 50s because when it goes you aint stopping it .

was driving down to cornwall few years ago and noticed the cars way ahead suddenly break , as we aprroached noticed a car on the side of the road and a vast amount of clothes strewn all over all 3 lanes of the M5 for a few hundred yards seems the top box had opened and deposited everything onto the motorway

Cycling Stasi on 13:14 - Feb 5 with 2202 viewsR_from_afar

Cycling Stasi on 16:02 - Feb 4 by kensalriser

I once saw a car with a caravan attached reverse up the A34 because it had missed the exit for the Newbury Services.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cycling Stasi on 11:46 - Apr 22 with 1886 viewsKonk

I really wish I’d been wearing a Gopro this morning. Cycling into work, car comes up on the outside of me and cuts right across me to turn left, I went flying over my handlebars, my bike flipped over, smacked into the side of him, and the charming cu nt just sped off. They can’t have failed to notice the 6’ tall, 12 ¼ stone bloke and steel frame road bike slamming into their cab window, but decided that rather than see how I was, they’d sooner put their foot down and fu ck-off. Nice.

It was an Addison Lee car and I know the time, location etc, so they should be able to identify the driver, but without CCTV, I doubt the police will be able to do much (although I’ve reported it). One woman kindly stopped to see how I was, and said the driver had just cut across me, but being in shock, I didn’t get her details. Which is a ballache. I’m 90% certain they were at fault, but the annoying thing is that if they’d just stopped to check on me, I’d have put it down to one of those things, but by speeding away, they’ve shown themselves to be an absolute arsehole. As it is, the whole of my ride side is very tender, and that’s about it as far as I can tell, but they weren’t to know that.

This is why some people feel the need to wear cameras when cycling or on motorbikes.

Cycling Stasi on 11:56 - Apr 22 with 1862 viewsJuzzie

Cycling Stasi on 11:46 - Apr 22 by Konk

I really wish I’d been wearing a Gopro this morning. Cycling into work, car comes up on the outside of me and cuts right across me to turn left, I went flying over my handlebars, my bike flipped over, smacked into the side of him, and the charming cu nt just sped off. They can’t have failed to notice the 6’ tall, 12 ¼ stone bloke and steel frame road bike slamming into their cab window, but decided that rather than see how I was, they’d sooner put their foot down and fu ck-off. Nice.

It was an Addison Lee car and I know the time, location etc, so they should be able to identify the driver, but without CCTV, I doubt the police will be able to do much (although I’ve reported it). One woman kindly stopped to see how I was, and said the driver had just cut across me, but being in shock, I didn’t get her details. Which is a ballache. I’m 90% certain they were at fault, but the annoying thing is that if they’d just stopped to check on me, I’d have put it down to one of those things, but by speeding away, they’ve shown themselves to be an absolute arsehole. As it is, the whole of my ride side is very tender, and that’s about it as far as I can tell, but they weren’t to know that.

This is why some people feel the need to wear cameras when cycling or on motorbikes.

Addison Lee drivers are utter cnts. Loads of them on the A4 (doing Heathrow runs) and drive like they own the road.

I had a very scary incident on my motorbike with a commercial van years ago and as it had the company name splattered down the side it was easy to do a quick google search and I phoned up the company and told them what happened. By the resigned sound of the lady's voice it seemed he's done this before. I wouldn't wish anyone out of job but when it comes to peoples lives at stake I hope they sacked him.

Hope you're OK and something can be done.
Cycling Stasi on 12:00 - Apr 22 with 1849 viewsizlingtonhoop

'It was an Addison Lee driver'. You almost don't need to write that!

My own truism is that, almost invariably, you get cut up, and as the back window comes into view - you know it's going to be there - yep! There it is - The green disk, containing a rotated square.

As a fellow cyclist once called it to me, and it's now a family idiom: the circle of incompetence.

Cycling Stasi on 12:22 - Apr 22 with 1822 viewsKonk

Cheers, chaps. Yep, I'm a risk averse rider at the best of times, but I'm even more wary around Addison Lee cars. I ride with the expectation that someone's going to do something stupid, but more so when it's an Audi or Addison Lee car.

Cycling Stasi on 13:27 - Apr 22 with 1765 viewsR_from_afar

Sorry to hear about that, Konk, I hope it will be possible to identify the culprit so they can at least be told that that sort of behaviour is unacceptable. Glad you're not too badly injured.

I once rang the "How's my driving?" number after I saw a Tesco lorry clip an elderly cyclist. The lorry driver was too impatient to wait until a very brief section of narrow road ended and overtook. He nearly got away with the stupid manoeuvre but the very end of the truck clipped the cyclist, who wobbled, but, mercifully, managed not to wipe out. The lorry drove on, although to be fair to the driver, I doubt he could tell what happened. It took over 30 minutes to get a reply to my call but eventually, I got through and made my complaint. I later received a letter telling me the driver had been interviewed, informed of the incident and told that such behaviour would not be tolerated. That's what they wrote, at least...

We all need to find a way to coexist on the roads.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024