Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
kit Launch tomorrow 18:47 - Jun 29 with 44271 viewsYorkRanger

Big launch tomorrow and in the club shop Saturday for sale.

Deal with Nike was season one you take something off the shelf then you can design one.

I think the club will get this right and most will be happy tomorrow.

They read these sites and I do think they listen to fans. Bigger stripes and Dennis the Menace is what people want
kit Launch tomorrow on 15:58 - Jul 1 with 4130 viewsdermyqpr

kit Launch tomorrow on 15:24 - Jul 1 by Northernr

One of them is from the 2003/04 season and has been played in at least once a week every week since then. It could probably walk to the pub by itself now.

Does it stagger home, clutching a nice Vindaloo, muttering incoherently something about TF being a cock!!!
kit Launch tomorrow on 16:01 - Jul 1 with 4115 viewsNorthernr

kit Launch tomorrow on 15:58 - Jul 1 by dermyqpr

Does it stagger home, clutching a nice Vindaloo, muttering incoherently something about TF being a cock!!!

No, but it does say "will you give it a fcking rest" when the owner does.
kit Launch tomorrow on 16:53 - Jul 1 with 4012 viewsichbinnaughty

Am I the only one that is vaguely baffled by the level of furiousness in the fallout from the kit launch?
Yes it's not ideal and yes there are plenty of faults to pick with it, but
It's only a kit ffs
It's only going to be around for a season
It will be replaced
It will become nowt but a distant memory in 12 months time.

All this "I'VE FELT SO ANGRY BEFORE" and "I AM SO FURIOUS RIGHT NOW" seems all rather misplaced and silly.

Same for the badge really.

Whatever. Yeah it's not brilliant but
It's not going to keep me awake at night.
kit Launch tomorrow on 17:01 - Jul 1 with 3980 viewsBrazilNutR

I guess the anger comes from getting something so easy, so wrong. And then to add salt in the wounds, they make a big song and dance about the unveil, having hyped it for so long, only to dissapoint.. Its like the Directors promising to bring in Ronaldo or Messi all close season, and announcing a massive unveiling... and making whipping up a frenzy of excitement, only to then reveal our new signing, as Karl Henry taking up the extra year clause in his contract...
kit Launch tomorrow on 17:04 - Jul 1 with 3974 viewsGruntfuttock

There you go!

West Brom seem to have managed it...
http://m.wbashop.co.uk/WBA-HOME-SHIRT-ADULT-1516
kit Launch tomorrow on 17:09 - Jul 1 with 3960 viewsconnell10

kit Launch tomorrow on 16:53 - Jul 1 by ichbinnaughty

Am I the only one that is vaguely baffled by the level of furiousness in the fallout from the kit launch?
It's only a kit ffs
It will be replaced

All this "I'VE FELT SO ANGRY BEFORE" and "I AM SO FURIOUS RIGHT NOW" seems all rather misplaced and silly.

Yep just throw our history in to the bin and set lit to it, who cares! FFS you couldnt make it up!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

kit Launch tomorrow on 17:29 - Jul 1 with 3922 viewsOldPedro

kit Launch tomorrow on 15:15 - Jul 1 by Mytch_QPR

At the risk of chucking a hand grenade into the debate (and excuse my ignorance on this) - Nike pay us circa £45m to provide our kits for 5 seasons (or is it 3?) - does this mean that they have sole control over what they produce or can the club veto certain designs? - I'm thinking of the 3rd kit in particular and TF promising hoops on all kits next season - is it actually within our power to influence this?

FWIW, I think the best kit from last season was actually the all white 'surrender' option - they could have stuck with that as a third kit - although no doubt it has to be different to try to cash in...

On another note (entirely separate) does anyone know of anybody who has ever purchased a replica GK shirt? - I just can't see how it makes sense to produce them and put them in the shop.

"On another note (entirely separate) does anyone know of anybody who has ever purchased a replica GK shirt? - I just can't see how it makes sense to produce them and put them in the shop. "

My 7 year old likes them - he has had 2 goalkeeper tops in the last 3 seasons

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

kit Launch tomorrow on 17:58 - Jul 1 with 3878 viewsichbinnaughty

kit Launch tomorrow on 17:09 - Jul 1 by connell10

Yep just throw our history in to the bin and set lit to it, who cares! FFS you couldnt make it up!

I venture that 'our history' goes deeper than
- a (short term) variation on our kit design, and
- another iteration of a badge that we align with the name of the club

In addition to the first point our finest hour occurred in a colour scheme not readily associated with the club outside of those informed about our history
In addition to the second point I would argue that there will always have been dissatisfaction with the changes but each iteration of the badge isn't directly proportionate to the history of the club.

For instance the 67 cup win was with one badge (and kit variation), the 82 final with another, and last years play off win with yet another. They're all significant events in our history.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 18:47]
Login to get fewer ads

kit Launch tomorrow on 18:49 - Jul 1 with 3824 viewsChurchie

Huge Kit faux pas. Just when they got our Hoops up.
Another slap for the fans, just when we needed it.

Who signed the kit off then? Probably the foreign work permit checker!!
kit Launch tomorrow on 19:34 - Jul 1 with 3749 viewsconnell10

kit Launch tomorrow on 17:58 - Jul 1 by ichbinnaughty

I venture that 'our history' goes deeper than
- a (short term) variation on our kit design, and
- another iteration of a badge that we align with the name of the club

In addition to the first point our finest hour occurred in a colour scheme not readily associated with the club outside of those informed about our history
In addition to the second point I would argue that there will always have been dissatisfaction with the changes but each iteration of the badge isn't directly proportionate to the history of the club.

For instance the 67 cup win was with one badge (and kit variation), the 82 final with another, and last years play off win with yet another. They're all significant events in our history.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 18:47]

very well put mate, but all the great moments I've seen at Loftus road the rangers have always been playing in hoops of blue and white that go round the jersey!

kit Launch tomorrow on 21:22 - Jul 1 with 3653 viewstimcocking

kit Launch tomorrow on 16:53 - Jul 1 by ichbinnaughty

It's only a kit ffs
It will be replaced

Only a kit!? Wow, truly speechless. Speechless doesn't come close. Wow.
kit Launch tomorrow on 22:22 - Jul 1 with 3590 viewskingsburyR

I have found a solution.

Like most I dislike the back of the shirt...so I will only watch the second half of games at HQ!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

kit Launch tomorrow on 22:22 - Jul 1 with 3589 viewsichbinnaughty

kit Launch tomorrow on 19:34 - Jul 1 by connell10

very well put mate, but all the great moments I've seen at Loftus road the rangers have always been playing in hoops of blue and white that go round the jersey!

Mate I'm not disagreeing with the irrefutable facts that as our home kit they are a few simple 'rules'.
The hoops should go all the way round
The hoops should not be silly thin little rings
The badge shouldn't have been fugged around with

But in 12 months there will be another incarnation.
And in between, I will have bellowed with delight and blind rage in equal measures.
It's Rangers. It's unique. It's uniquely dysfunctional.
Gawd love em
kit Launch tomorrow on 22:27 - Jul 1 with 3578 viewskingsburyR

kit Launch tomorrow on 22:22 - Jul 1 by ichbinnaughty

Mate I'm not disagreeing with the irrefutable facts that as our home kit they are a few simple 'rules'.
The hoops should go all the way round
The hoops should not be silly thin little rings
The badge shouldn't have been fugged around with

But in 12 months there will be another incarnation.
And in between, I will have bellowed with delight and blind rage in equal measures.
It's Rangers. It's unique. It's uniquely dysfunctional.
Gawd love em

Steady with the positivity.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

kit Launch tomorrow on 22:36 - Jul 1 with 3569 viewsichbinnaughty

kit Launch tomorrow on 21:22 - Jul 1 by timcocking

Only a kit!? Wow, truly speechless. Speechless doesn't come close. Wow.

My point is that it still observes the characteristics of a QPR kit - it's still blue and white, there are still hoops (albeit only on the front).

This isn't a Cardiff situation where some clueless foreign owner has knowingly abandoned the fundamental core identity.

It's just a sh!t interpretation of it, which will only be around for a year.

The end.
kit Launch tomorrow on 08:31 - Jul 2 with 3466 viewsconnell10

kit Launch tomorrow on 22:36 - Jul 1 by ichbinnaughty

My point is that it still observes the characteristics of a QPR kit - it's still blue and white, there are still hoops (albeit only on the front).

This isn't a Cardiff situation where some clueless foreign owner has knowingly abandoned the fundamental core identity.

It's just a sh!t interpretation of it, which will only be around for a year.

The end.

ill bump this thread up when our new kits of orange and red quarters are on display next season!

kit Launch tomorrow on 09:17 - Jul 2 with 3449 viewstoboboly

Holy fck they are rank. Haven't bought anything with the new badge but even if the old badge was on these wouldn't touch with a bargepole. Need to sack Nike off, completely useless.

Oh and any abuse sent Ian Taylor way is well worth it, complete clunge.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

kit Launch tomorrow on 09:18 - Jul 2 with 3447 viewsSuffolk

I would buy the first team kit if it had "w'nkers" on the front as sponsor. A truly awe inspiring piece of incompetence by the club.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 9:40]
kit Launch tomorrow on 10:40 - Jul 2 with 3390 viewsBluce_Ree

Doesn't matter.

We're in the Championship now so it's not like anyone will notice.

I quite like the front of the kit to be fair. Anyway, it's not like I'm going to be wearing it. I'm not eight.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

kit Launch tomorrow on 12:49 - Jul 2 with 3338 viewsTheBlob

You know those sandwich board thingies at the seaside?You put your head through the hole and presto - you become the object of amusement via the old Box Brownie?Then you walk round the back and it's as featureless as Clare Balding's arse.
That's what the new kit says to me.

And no I haven't seen Clare Balding's arse,thanks for asking.

I'm not that brave.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 12:51]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

kit Launch tomorrow on 21:37 - Jul 3 with 3239 viewsQPRinCT

I think this site is mocking us with that photo:
http://www.kickoff.co.uk/49137/queens-park-rangers-in-shock-deal-for-former-loan
kit Launch tomorrow on 08:56 - Jul 4 with 3173 viewsdaveB

of course with a bit of work and effort an alternative could have been reached, this fella who has designed a far better badge than QPR managed has now designed a far better shirt with 2 minutes of photo shop

kit Launch tomorrow on 12:51 - Jul 4 with 3115 viewsGetMeRangers

kit Launch tomorrow on 08:56 - Jul 4 by daveB

of course with a bit of work and effort an alternative could have been reached, this fella who has designed a far better badge than QPR managed has now designed a far better shirt with 2 minutes of photo shop

The suggestion from someone who spoke to a Nike rep is that we will always have their template designs and that having hoops all the way round isnt feasible for use because of the way the shirt is manufactured

Nike was the wrong deal to sign up to. They are the problem I believe and the club are at fault for not checking what we were signing up to. Money clouding their vision, no doubt.

Still dont understand why we cant have a bespoke template made for us and then a patch as shown by the excellent Dan Norris would be fine
kit Launch tomorrow on 13:18 - Jul 4 with 3087 viewsLythamR

kit Launch tomorrow on 12:51 - Jul 4 by GetMeRangers

The suggestion from someone who spoke to a Nike rep is that we will always have their template designs and that having hoops all the way round isnt feasible for use because of the way the shirt is manufactured

Nike was the wrong deal to sign up to. They are the problem I believe and the club are at fault for not checking what we were signing up to. Money clouding their vision, no doubt.

Still dont understand why we cant have a bespoke template made for us and then a patch as shown by the excellent Dan Norris would be fine

Nike make Barcelonas shirts, their home kit for 2015/2016 have hoops that go all the way round apart from a thin breathable strip on the sites, that kit in blue and white would have been good enough
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:38 - Jul 8 with 2902 viewsMedwayR

I had an interesting conversation with a Nike employee this morning who informed me that Nike have got the NBA kit deal to go with the NFL kit deal in the US and they will be focussing on these and stepping away from European 'soccer' which would align with them not signing up for another contract with Man Utd and also producing some truly gash kits for everyone else. Not sure how much they're paying us but I suspect both us & them are regretting it a little.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024