Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
kit Launch tomorrow 18:47 - Jun 29 with 44170 viewsYorkRanger

Big launch tomorrow and in the club shop Saturday for sale.

Deal with Nike was season one you take something off the shelf then you can design one.

I think the club will get this right and most will be happy tomorrow.

They read these sites and I do think they listen to fans. Bigger stripes and Dennis the Menace is what people want
kit Launch tomorrow on 09:46 - Jul 1 with 2475 viewsWilloW4

kit Launch tomorrow on 08:37 - Jul 1 by paulparker

Having seen the back ive changed my mind from before
yes the front looks ok , (V necks or button shirts , not round necks ) but what the fcuk is that back all about , its all Blue , when the hell have we ever had a plain blue back ??
lasts years kits were cheap & nasty and people were saying it doesn't matter as the club design's this years kit etc,
well the club and Nike have again fcuked us over , who the hell saw that kit and thought , yeah the fans will love it ?oh for the days of Lotto , they don't seem so bad now do they
I say people, boycott the home strip in fact boycott all Nike products in the club shop
if your going to buy a top buy the retro Guinness ones,
we have put up with enough crap the last few years its about time we fans made our feelings known

100% agree... Fans who haven't got a retro shirt should invest in one, seeing hundreds of them both and away would tell those in charge of this fiasco of a shirt that it's not what the majority ( that's how it comes across so far) of loyal R's fans wanted...my son is going to the club shop on Saturday and making his views known and buying a retro 70s shirt... Good lad.
kit Launch tomorrow on 09:48 - Jul 1 with 2467 viewsWestminsteRs

Also, we're not paying these comms guys enough. Terrible shirt and shocking tie on the presenter chap. Looks like he's heading for a night out in Essex.

"What was the last thing you Googled?" Are you kidding me?

Such a glitzy launch and inane chat but they still fail to keep Jamie Mackie on message. He'll need extra (media) training this week.
kit Launch tomorrow on 09:49 - Jul 1 with 2459 viewskingshill

kit Launch tomorrow on 09:46 - Jul 1 by WilloW4

100% agree... Fans who haven't got a retro shirt should invest in one, seeing hundreds of them both and away would tell those in charge of this fiasco of a shirt that it's not what the majority ( that's how it comes across so far) of loyal R's fans wanted...my son is going to the club shop on Saturday and making his views known and buying a retro 70s shirt... Good lad.

My retro 70's one has a lovely big red No 8 on the back which is clearly visible and at the time was good enough for the captain of England to wear every week.

No Nike shirt for me, I'll stick with the hoops thanks.
kit Launch tomorrow on 10:16 - Jul 1 with 2352 viewsdaveB

At least the 3rd kit is unique and designed just for us, oh hang on

http://www.teamsportdirect.co.uk/categories/Nike/Nike-Jerseys/Nike-Precision-III
kit Launch tomorrow on 10:25 - Jul 1 with 2335 viewsW5R

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:16 - Jul 1 by daveB

At least the 3rd kit is unique and designed just for us, oh hang on

http://www.teamsportdirect.co.uk/categories/Nike/Nike-Jerseys/Nike-Precision-III

In fairness. Who really cares that much about the third kit? There's absolutely zero reason for us to have one (or indeed anyone to have one).

They're just designed to shift a few extra shirts and extra marketing revenue. Clubs more and more use different "partners" for different kits. Like we did with Malaysia and Asia. Albeit that was announced as a "multi million pound sponsorship deal". Whereas the accounts show differently! A paying sponsor may help our small world debts IMHO.

3rd kits should simply be banned.
kit Launch tomorrow on 10:30 - Jul 1 with 2311 viewsbosh67

It's just about money and not what the fans want. The shirt is £45 or so and Nike and the club are expecting fans to cough up to own something that most don't like and that ultimately aren't well made anyway.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:32 - Jul 1 with 2302 viewsMvpeter

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:25 - Jul 1 by W5R

In fairness. Who really cares that much about the third kit? There's absolutely zero reason for us to have one (or indeed anyone to have one).

They're just designed to shift a few extra shirts and extra marketing revenue. Clubs more and more use different "partners" for different kits. Like we did with Malaysia and Asia. Albeit that was announced as a "multi million pound sponsorship deal". Whereas the accounts show differently! A paying sponsor may help our small world debts IMHO.

3rd kits should simply be banned.

No need to ban third kits, adds some variety.

What they need to ban is replacing kits every season, it's such a scam and even the yanks don't do that.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:35 - Jul 1 with 2281 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sadly, it feels like a money-making decision. You can't really get this shirt without putting a name and number on it, whereas one with proper hoops looks fine without. I guess name and numbers probably adds a tenner to the cost of every shirt.
Don't give much of a sh*t - I never buy the new kits, as I've got a nice retro Guinness one - but for the kids especially, and for aesthetics, it's not very good.
I think no matter what happens people complain about the kit, but I think you'd please 90% of fans with thickish hoops, nice blue, hoops all the way round (have a small patch for the number if you must), white more dominant than blue.

I'd love the club to properly crowd source this and just throw it open and make a massive contest of it, then give us the best 10 to vote on.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:51 - Jul 1 with 2236 viewsrichranger

Just in from Paul Morrissey at the club...
"Following on from last night’s explanation behind the patch on the back of the shirt, here is a brief follow-up on this.
"Clubs had to submit samples during the 14/15 season in relation to their proposed playing kits for the 15/16 season, which were named and numbered accordingly for the Premier League to test these samples against the new proposed guidelines .
"This gave clubs sufficient time to amend their shirt in the event their samples failed, which ours did when it was run through the computerised testing.
"Needless to say, as a club we fully understand the importance of the full hoops to the supporters, and are keen for them to return as soon as possible.
kit Launch tomorrow on 10:53 - Jul 1 with 2228 viewsW5R

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:51 - Jul 1 by richranger

"Following on from last night’s explanation behind the patch on the back of the shirt, here is a brief follow-up on this.
"Clubs had to submit samples during the 14/15 season in relation to their proposed playing kits for the 15/16 season, which were named and numbered accordingly for the Premier League to test these samples against the new proposed guidelines .
"This gave clubs sufficient time to amend their shirt in the event their samples failed, which ours did when it was run through the computerised testing.
"Needless to say, as a club we fully understand the importance of the full hoops to the supporters, and are keen for them to return as soon as possible.

So we designed something the Premier League 'puter didn't like allegedly?

But other clubs designed two tone kits that the Premier League were fine with.
kit Launch tomorrow on 10:54 - Jul 1 with 2234 viewsheadhoops

kept my tinder dry until now......

Its an abomination of total ineptness and yet another kick in the bollox. Home kit is dreadful, Dennis just about acceptable and the 3rd kit derisory. In fact the shirts are so bad they make the badge look good.

Nike have fuc£ed Tone over and the club is trying to put lipstick on a pig. If its about money and how many shirts Nike are going to shift I can tell you it aint going to be many.

Mr T - when we score next year and pigbag blares out what are we gonna sing - der,der,der der, half hoops?

How out of touch can this club get with its fans, kit was sanctioned last year, all absolute cock and bull.

its not that hard.....cannot wait for Disco's post.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:55 - Jul 1 with 2230 viewsdaveB

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:35 - Jul 1 by Antti_Heinola

Sadly, it feels like a money-making decision. You can't really get this shirt without putting a name and number on it, whereas one with proper hoops looks fine without. I guess name and numbers probably adds a tenner to the cost of every shirt.
Don't give much of a sh*t - I never buy the new kits, as I've got a nice retro Guinness one - but for the kids especially, and for aesthetics, it's not very good.
I think no matter what happens people complain about the kit, but I think you'd please 90% of fans with thickish hoops, nice blue, hoops all the way round (have a small patch for the number if you must), white more dominant than blue.

I'd love the club to properly crowd source this and just throw it open and make a massive contest of it, then give us the best 10 to vote on.

It's all about identity and shows how few people at the club understand the club. Shirt design should be simple blue and white hoops every year. If you need a patch for numbers have a small one but keep the hoops.
kit Launch tomorrow on 10:56 - Jul 1 with 2224 viewsdaveB

Good to know we stick by the rules apart from when it comes to FFP and work permits but shirt numbers we won't budge
kit Launch tomorrow on 10:57 - Jul 1 with 2222 viewsNorthernr

Club have said this morning that the original design failed the Premier League's computerised testing. It's another reason to hate the Premier League, rather than bash QPR IMO.

Explanation they've offered...

Clubs had to submit samples during the 14/15 season in relation to their proposed playing kits for the 15/16 season, which were named and numbered accordingly for the Premier League to test these samples against the new proposed guidelines .

This gave clubs sufficient time to amend their shirt in the event their samples failed, which ours did when it was run through the computerised testing.

Needless to say, as a club we fully understand the importance of the full hoops to the supporters, and are keen for them to return as soon as possible
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:01 - Jul 1 with 2201 viewsdaveB

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:57 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Club have said this morning that the original design failed the Premier League's computerised testing. It's another reason to hate the Premier League, rather than bash QPR IMO.

Clubs had to submit samples during the 14/15 season in relation to their proposed playing kits for the 15/16 season, which were named and numbered accordingly for the Premier League to test these samples against the new proposed guidelines .

This gave clubs sufficient time to amend their shirt in the event their samples failed, which ours did when it was run through the computerised testing.

Needless to say, as a club we fully understand the importance of the full hoops to the supporters, and are keen for them to return as soon as possible

blaming the premier league is a cop out. The kit from the promotion year had red numbers and would have been signed off when we were a premier league club.

Even if we did fail plenty of other options such as a smaller patch with the number on and hoops going underneath it. Cop out by the club to blame the league. Stoke and Sunderland have exactly the same issue as us and manage to find a way around it

All this crap about lead times, the kit always should be hoops for next year, 5 years time 20 years time etc, thats the basics of it then piss around with the collar and sleeves to make them different
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:03 - Jul 1 with 2188 viewsBasingstokeR

That's an OK explanation for having some sort of patch/panel (and if we see other Prem clubs with it); but doesn't really fly with the huge block they've ended up with.

They'd be better off not trying to explain it
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:04 - Jul 1 with 2184 viewsJamie

Yet Stoke, Palace & Saints have all managed to get stripes down the back of their shirts...

Whilst accepting that you usually make every effort to defend the 'media team', they are spinning like Shane Warne here.
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:05 - Jul 1 with 2180 viewskingshill

So how come Southampton, Palace & Hull seemingly didn't have the same issue?
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:12 - Jul 1 with 2153 viewsQPunkR

So lemme get this straight. We've got to look like Chelscum from the back because a fúcking computer can't read bold red numbers on the back of a blue and white hooped kit??

I don't buy new kits anyway, but this kinda shit is an affront to the fans and history of the Club. Not the most important thing in the world, of course it's not, but such a fúcking simple thing to get right.
The best reaction out of 7 pages on the matter so far has been literally just 2 or 3 ppl who reckon 'meh, better than last year's kit', which tells you all you need to know

QPR - "shit but local"

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:14 - Jul 1 with 2135 viewsMedwayR

Sounds like more bullsh*t from the club, I don't believe a word of it.

Warren Farm - still waiting
New badge - still waiting
Decent kit - still waiting
New stadium - gone quiet

I stopped believing what the club says a long time ago, they simply don't give a f*ck about the fans.

Poll: Who’s better?

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:17 - Jul 1 with 2118 viewsMvpeter

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:35 - Jul 1 by Antti_Heinola

Yep I saw one was posted on twitter by a designer and looked great, had all the things you suggested.

I really don't think we're too hard to please. This rhetoric you often hear about never pleasing everyone is spin, they just don't do the basics.

They even had a badge design on it and it was pretty decent. Tbh though the badge is fine except they appear to have glued it on blind this year.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 11:22]

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:17 - Jul 1 with 2118 viewsNorthernr

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:04 - Jul 1 by Jamie

Yet Stoke, Palace & Saints have all managed to get stripes down the back of their shirts...

Whilst accepting that you usually make every effort to defend the 'media team', they are spinning like Shane Warne here.

Oh yeh I'm well known for my love of the media team. You don't need to search too hard through the archive to see that's a bigger crock of sht than even you usually trot out.
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:27 - Jul 1 with 2064 viewsMvpeter

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:17 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Oh yeh I'm well known for my love of the media team. You don't need to search too hard through the archive to see that's a bigger crock of sht than even you usually trot out.

Aside from having to keep spinning shit into gold which they don't really have choice in what's your issue with them?

I feel sorry for them most of the time.

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:32 - Jul 1 with 2043 viewsNorthernr

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:27 - Jul 1 by Mvpeter

Aside from having to keep spinning shit into gold which they don't really have choice in what's your issue with them?

I feel sorry for them most of the time.

I actually think they've done really well over the last 18 months/2 years. Worked hard at building relations with fans, provided access to players and the club that wouldn't ordinarily be afforded to sites like this, and often done their best in very trying circumstances. Produced some good video stuff as well, behind the scenes, on the pitch at Wembley etc.

I don't really get the point of savaging Ian Taylor for poor design of the kit, he'll have it plonked on his desk and be told to sell it whether he likes it or not, he'll have as much say as the rest of us. He goes back to the club and says "they don't like the back of the shirts" and gets told "it failed the Premier League computerised testing" then what's he supposed to do? He's the messenger. He doesn't deserve people with an axe to grind rampaging around calling him a liar.

In previous years though I was very criticial of Ian and the media team. Probably OTT critical of them with my own axe to grind, so the idea suggested above that I come out and support them regardless of what they do or say is typical Jamie WUM bullsht.

This post has been edited by an administrator
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:36 - Jul 1 with 2023 viewsW5R

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:32 - Jul 1 by Northernr

I actually think they've done really well over the last 18 months/2 years. Worked hard at building relations with fans, provided access to players and the club that wouldn't ordinarily be afforded to sites like this, and often done their best in very trying circumstances. Produced some good video stuff as well, behind the scenes, on the pitch at Wembley etc.

I don't really get the point of savaging Ian Taylor for poor design of the kit, he'll have it plonked on his desk and be told to sell it whether he likes it or not, he'll have as much say as the rest of us. He goes back to the club and says "they don't like the back of the shirts" and gets told "it failed the Premier League computerised testing" then what's he supposed to do? He's the messenger. He doesn't deserve people with an axe to grind rampaging around calling him a liar.

In previous years though I was very criticial of Ian and the media team. Probably OTT critical of them with my own axe to grind, so the idea suggested above that I come out and support them regardless of what they do or say is typical Jamie WUM bullsht.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Fair enough.

But what do you think about

a) the kits in general & b) of the alleged reasoning of them being hoopless
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024