Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
kit Launch tomorrow 18:47 - Jun 29 with 44422 viewsYorkRanger

Big launch tomorrow and in the club shop Saturday for sale.

Deal with Nike was season one you take something off the shelf then you can design one.

I think the club will get this right and most will be happy tomorrow.

They read these sites and I do think they listen to fans. Bigger stripes and Dennis the Menace is what people want
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:38 - Jul 1 with 2421 viewsAntti_Heinola

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:04 - Jul 1 by Jamie

Yet Stoke, Palace & Saints have all managed to get stripes down the back of their shirts...

Whilst accepting that you usually make every effort to defend the 'media team', they are spinning like Shane Warne here.

What else do you expect them to do? Doubt they had much input on design. Why would they?

Bare bones.

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:41 - Jul 1 with 2404 viewsNorthernr

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:36 - Jul 1 by W5R

Fair enough.

But what do you think about

a) the kits in general & b) of the alleged reasoning of them being hoopless

a) front good, backs bad

b) I think if you get into bed with a global cntfest like Nike, with all their far Eastern sweatshops and bottom line and Tiger Woods endorsements, then don't expect them to be that bothered about little old QPR. No surprise to see three off the peg kits last year, no surprise to see an old Arsenal shirt recycled this year.

The Premier League made us rip seats out of Ellerslie Road to add more press benches, so that when man Utd and Chelsea are in town all the fcking foreign journos can rock up. They made us hang a TV studio from the roof, obstructing seats in the School End, and it's been used no more than half a dozen times in four years - it's actually used to store furniture from what I can see. Had Brentford been promoted this year they were going to make them play their first ever Premier League season either at ours or at Fulhams, because they didn't want the Premier League stars to have to use such small dressing rooms and Griffin Park doesn't have enough room for all those vitally important Japanese sports journalists for the Chelsea visit. If the story is that the Premier League ran our kit through a computer and told us it hadn't passed their fcking tests I'm inclined to believe that.

The Premier League, like Nike, are cnts. We'd be best off without both of them.
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:45 - Jul 1 with 2379 viewsAntti_Heinola

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:41 - Jul 1 by Northernr

a) front good, backs bad

b) I think if you get into bed with a global cntfest like Nike, with all their far Eastern sweatshops and bottom line and Tiger Woods endorsements, then don't expect them to be that bothered about little old QPR. No surprise to see three off the peg kits last year, no surprise to see an old Arsenal shirt recycled this year.

The Premier League made us rip seats out of Ellerslie Road to add more press benches, so that when man Utd and Chelsea are in town all the fcking foreign journos can rock up. They made us hang a TV studio from the roof, obstructing seats in the School End, and it's been used no more than half a dozen times in four years - it's actually used to store furniture from what I can see. Had Brentford been promoted this year they were going to make them play their first ever Premier League season either at ours or at Fulhams, because they didn't want the Premier League stars to have to use such small dressing rooms and Griffin Park doesn't have enough room for all those vitally important Japanese sports journalists for the Chelsea visit. If the story is that the Premier League ran our kit through a computer and told us it hadn't passed their fcking tests I'm inclined to believe that.

Do agree Norf, and well put. I'd just say there must have been more elegant ways of fixing the problem, but also agree that Nike probably don't give a fk.
We should do the right thing once this contract runs out. Ask fans for designs, then give the contract to a British manufacturer who will make the shirts in Britain. And if Umbro (or whoever) don't want it, someone else will.

Bare bones.

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:46 - Jul 1 with 2379 viewsW5R

a) front good, backs bad

Can't disagree with any of that. First reaction when seeing the kits (from the front - 3rd kit excluded) is ..now THAT'S a QPR kit!

Just when you've been suckered in by the spin from Fernandes about getting this kit right and hoops coming back and all that and it being another false promise. He did specifically promise re hoops...is a frigging joke.

They also should have known what a let down and issue losing the hoops would be so making such a "PR" thing out of it is just asking for trouble IMHO

EDIT: And to add, let's face it we haven't exactly enjoyed the majority of our time back in the "top flight" so yeah, bollocks to the Prem.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2015 11:48]
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:47 - Jul 1 with 2374 viewsBasingstokeR

So this Premier League computer tested our new kit design which assumedly had proper hoops, plus name and numbers and kicked out a "FAIL" decision which was sent back to the club. (Would it be too much to expect there to be some guidance on this on how a kit can be tweeked to pass looking at clubs with striped shirts?)

Our (and Nike's) repsonse within whatever time limit we had was..."well the only option is to just turn the whole back of the shirt inlcluding the shoulders a single colour". Did we submit lots of designs that failed before we got to where we are now?

I've been struggling to take the lid off a jam jar this morning for a few minutes, but now its clear the only logical way to get the jam on my toast is to smash the thing!
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:49 - Jul 1 with 2358 viewssuperhoopdownunder

This is another example of how QPR continually stuff up and disengage the fans
I expect our shirt sales will be significantly down this season
I will stick with the retro ones
kit Launch tomorrow on 11:51 - Jul 1 with 2345 viewsMvpeter

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:32 - Jul 1 by Northernr

I actually think they've done really well over the last 18 months/2 years. Worked hard at building relations with fans, provided access to players and the club that wouldn't ordinarily be afforded to sites like this, and often done their best in very trying circumstances. Produced some good video stuff as well, behind the scenes, on the pitch at Wembley etc.

I don't really get the point of savaging Ian Taylor for poor design of the kit, he'll have it plonked on his desk and be told to sell it whether he likes it or not, he'll have as much say as the rest of us. He goes back to the club and says "they don't like the back of the shirts" and gets told "it failed the Premier League computerised testing" then what's he supposed to do? He's the messenger. He doesn't deserve people with an axe to grind rampaging around calling him a liar.

In previous years though I was very criticial of Ian and the media team. Probably OTT critical of them with my own axe to grind, so the idea suggested above that I come out and support them regardless of what they do or say is typical Jamie WUM bullsht.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Ok cool yeah that's basically how I feel too.

I don't believe he's the liar however I do believe they are lies.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:52 - Jul 1 with 2328 viewsMvpeter

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:38 - Jul 1 by Antti_Heinola

What else do you expect them to do? Doubt they had much input on design. Why would they?

They probably should have a fair amount of input. Would certainly help communicate how the fans think.

Login to get fewer ads

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:54 - Jul 1 with 2320 viewsW5R

PR tip for the club

They should either shut up or and this is an ickle idea

Why don't they show us the samples that were sent that failed? Put those out there and say "look guys, girls and kids this is what they said no to (the bastards)".

Then the pished off ness would be diverted away from them and elsewhere? Plus they should address the part of that statement where they're keen for them to return.

Can they return? Are the hoops dead? Do the rules need changing?

Right now this is a PR (and thus commercial) disaster and has left us with more questions than answers.
kit Launch tomorrow on 12:03 - Jul 1 with 2269 viewsMvpeter

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:54 - Jul 1 by W5R

PR tip for the club

Why don't they show us the samples that were sent that failed? Put those out there and say "look guys, girls and kids this is what they said no to (the bastards)".

Then the pished off ness would be diverted away from them and elsewhere? Plus they should address the part of that statement where they're keen for them to return.

Right now this is a PR (and thus commercial) disaster and has left us with more questions than answers.

Tony's idea of being a 'pr guru' is to promise things. This should definitely have been a low key announcement stressing how it wasn't our fault and that they do understand each concern and explicitly stating those to prove that.

kit Launch tomorrow on 12:03 - Jul 1 with 2263 viewsAntti_Heinola

kit Launch tomorrow on 11:54 - Jul 1 by W5R

PR tip for the club

IT'S A PR DISASTER!!!!

Christ, football has changed.

Bare bones.

kit Launch tomorrow on 12:05 - Jul 1 with 2247 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Apart from anything else, this shows up a major flaw with Fernandes, one which does him more serious harm - he just cannot stay quiet.

If he had told fans from the start that the hoops are a big problem with the premier league, that the rules are vague, that we would try our hardest to reach a compromise that is both compliant with their rules and be respectful of our history, but that fans would have to wait and see, then life would be so much easier for him right now.

Instead he actually promised hoops without knowing of he could deliver on the promise, tweeted to all and sundry, teased with pictures of his trainers, invited (limited) fan participation that would prove fruitless, and generally behaved like a teenager, Ultimately, he left himself painted into a corner again. Cue disappointment, PR fiasco, and Ian Taylor and Co. pushed to the fore again in a damage-limitation exercise.

There are some real idiots supporting Rangers, but most of us are rational, reasonable and intelligent people who just wanted to be treated like adults. If and when Fernandes finally allows this possibility to permeate he stands half a chance of being accepted, and of being trusted. But not before.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

kit Launch tomorrow on 12:06 - Jul 1 with 2243 viewsSnipper

kit Launch tomorrow on 10:51 - Jul 1 by richranger

Just in from Paul Morrissey at the club...
"Following on from last night’s explanation behind the patch on the back of the shirt, here is a brief follow-up on this.
"Clubs had to submit samples during the 14/15 season in relation to their proposed playing kits for the 15/16 season, which were named and numbered accordingly for the Premier League to test these samples against the new proposed guidelines .
"This gave clubs sufficient time to amend their shirt in the event their samples failed, which ours did when it was run through the computerised testing.
"Needless to say, as a club we fully understand the importance of the full hoops to the supporters, and are keen for them to return as soon as possible.

What about the shirt design for season 16/17 17/18 etc etc....... do we have to put designs in again to meet the premier league requirements on the off chance that we get promoted?
Do we have 2 designs just in case we don't get promoted? I think the people making the decisions at our club are a a bunch of incompetent bare faced liars.

FCUK THEM AND THEIR KIT!
kit Launch tomorrow on 12:14 - Jul 1 with 2200 viewsRs_Holy

a) front good, backs bad

"The Premier League, like Nike, are cnts. We'd be best off without both of them"...

... Sounds like a plan to me!
kit Launch tomorrow on 12:21 - Jul 1 with 2175 viewsdaveB

a) front good, backs bad

as I said before a cop out to blame the Premier League. Brentford would have had to play at ours or Fulhams ground due to the terracing rather than the dressing room, you get time to add in the other bits.

On the kits if we fail the prem test we could always have come up with another option and tried again rather than saying thats it we'll just have it plain. Stoke, Sunderland, Palace, Hull and Southampton have all managed to work a way around it as they have people at the club who give a shit about their own traditions and realise these things matter.

The club see Nike as the holy grail, a big name like a Rio Ferdinand and get on their knees to suck them off and refuse to stand up to them and say hold up this is crap, come back with something better. We can't possibly do that as the club sees itself as far less important than these big names. We've had it with managers and players allowed to under perform with no consequences and we have it with kit suppliers, media partners etc

Yes it's only a kit and the old if you don't like it don't buy it thing will be passed onto us but for me it's more than that. It's our identity our brand and as a club we have shown we don't care enough about it. If we can't even get that basic right what hope do we have of getting the rest right
kit Launch tomorrow on 12:24 - Jul 1 with 2155 viewsbosh67

kit Launch tomorrow on 12:14 - Jul 1 by Rs_Holy

"The Premier League, like Nike, are cnts. We'd be best off without both of them"...

... Sounds like a plan to me!

Yup. Nike are in this for Nike. Let's not forget that. They don't care what fans want and there was probably an almighty row to get them to do a shirt with thicker hoops in the first place. The problem is they throw so much money at the club that it's then hard to tell them what to do. They do what they like.

As for the Premier League, it's false, it's sterile, it doesn't feel like football. It feels like a charity do organised by people who don't like football and the charity is The Premier League coffers. Yes, we are sh*t in the Premier League but it's a miserable league full of mercenaries and falsehoods.

The Championship is competitive and okay a bit more raw. But it's proper football, even though HR tried to make it as dour as possible I am looking forward to this season more than the one we went up in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

kit Launch tomorrow on 12:25 - Jul 1 with 2153 viewsozexile

Have we got another year with Nike? Its been a disaster. Lets go back to clubhouse if we have to.
kit Launch tomorrow on 12:49 - Jul 1 with 2060 viewsbob566

could they not have made 30 of those ghastly things for the players and then sold a different kit to the fans with the whole hoops going round.

As for the Ian Taylor thing. Obviously he shouldn't be getting attacked on Twitter. That's wrong.
kit Launch tomorrow on 12:52 - Jul 1 with 2042 viewssimmo

kit Launch tomorrow on 12:05 - Jul 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Apart from anything else, this shows up a major flaw with Fernandes, one which does him more serious harm - he just cannot stay quiet.

If he had told fans from the start that the hoops are a big problem with the premier league, that the rules are vague, that we would try our hardest to reach a compromise that is both compliant with their rules and be respectful of our history, but that fans would have to wait and see, then life would be so much easier for him right now.

Instead he actually promised hoops without knowing of he could deliver on the promise, tweeted to all and sundry, teased with pictures of his trainers, invited (limited) fan participation that would prove fruitless, and generally behaved like a teenager, Ultimately, he left himself painted into a corner again. Cue disappointment, PR fiasco, and Ian Taylor and Co. pushed to the fore again in a damage-limitation exercise.

There are some real idiots supporting Rangers, but most of us are rational, reasonable and intelligent people who just wanted to be treated like adults. If and when Fernandes finally allows this possibility to permeate he stands half a chance of being accepted, and of being trusted. But not before.

Great post

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

kit Launch tomorrow on 12:56 - Jul 1 with 2031 viewsYorkRanger

seeing as I started this thread thought I may as well chuck in my view.

Third kit - not really worthy of a comment. Nike off the Peg offering
Home and away shirt as others have said good from the front, not good from the back.

I'm inclined to believe the piece around the Premier League test. The media team, for all the criticism of them, do keep a watch on these sites and understand fan sentiment and I think they would have understood the desire for hoops all round. Where I think they made a mistake was to launch the kits with a big blaze of glory when it was obvious that many would be very unhappy.

I have to say though that I can't get as excited and emotional as some are about this. People will still buy the shirts, kids will still wear them, many moaning would never buy or wear a replica shirt anyway.

You get in bed with NIKE and you have to appreciate you are a goldfish in an ocean.

Finally I don't know Ian Taylor but some of the abuse he was taking on Twitter was, in my view, totally uncalled for. Yes he is the spokesman and has to front stuff for the club but at times it was personal and that helps nobody (albeit some of it is by trolls who hide behind mystery IDS).

I do also think that we have many more things to worry about than the kit..

Now where is my Car Giant shirt.....
kit Launch tomorrow on 13:03 - Jul 1 with 2000 viewsBrazilNutR

hahaha... play with sound.
kit Launch tomorrow on 13:07 - Jul 1 with 1980 viewsMvpeter

Why are people focusing on 'you don't have to buy it'

Surely it's more important as the kit our players wear, history and tradition and all that jazz.

kit Launch tomorrow on 13:21 - Jul 1 with 1924 viewsGetMeRangers

kit Launch tomorrow on 13:07 - Jul 1 by Mvpeter

Why are people focusing on 'you don't have to buy it'

Surely it's more important as the kit our players wear, history and tradition and all that jazz.

It is... and it is massive, but I would still support them if they played in pink with purple spots.

What isnt being answered is why the PL decided that our designs, which you presume were hoops, were rejected. I know it is buck passing but if true, why couldnt it be sorted when so many other teams manage with two tone kits

The "dont have to buy it" perhaps will send a message to Nike that it wasnt the best idea to put that design forward
kit Launch tomorrow on 13:21 - Jul 1 with 1920 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Is t too late to change it for this season?
Get the proper QPR hoops happening.
I wish...............
kit Launch tomorrow on 13:23 - Jul 1 with 1913 viewsSpiritofGregory

Can't believe the big deal over a kit launch every other club revealed theirs weeks ago.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024