Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. 18:26 - Jul 1 with 35146 viewssaxbend

I am really disappointed with the kits, but I'm absolutely furious about the lies.

I hope this video covers the whole story. If you don't think it's that important, feel free to ignore it, but if you're bothered either by the kits or the lies or both then please help make some noise about it.

Cheers

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:42 - Jul 1 with 4560 viewsichbinnaughty

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:39 - Jul 1 by GetMeRangers

Perhaps a cup run lasting more than one round?

Above all being entertained.

I'll happily accept being humiliatingly dumped out of each cup in our first appearance if we can run away with the league and have wrapped up as champions by April.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:47 - Jul 1 with 4549 viewswestolian

Good seasons, bad seasons and generally mediocre seasons

I can take all that in my stride

That kit is shite - makes us look no better than the fakes

What Ted said !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:53 - Jul 1 with 4522 viewsichbinnaughty

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:47 - Jul 1 by westolian

Good seasons, bad seasons and generally mediocre seasons

I can take all that in my stride

That kit is shite - makes us look no better than the fakes

What Ted said !

"We finished 16th. "
"The season was a dead rubber from February."
"Nice kit though. "

No thanks.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 23:17 - Jul 1 with 4472 viewsjohncharles

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:03 - Jul 1 by ted_hendrix

We should play in the nude.

That reminds me, the women are playing Japan at midnight.

Strong and stable my arse.

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 23:48 - Jul 1 with 4406 viewssimmo

This video is embarrassing

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 01:23 - Jul 2 with 4331 viewsStanisgod

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:47 - Jul 1 by simmo

What a thread title. Get a grip you mental.

Have you not seen the back of the kit then? The guys perfectly right. Send Taylor the Reading kit and see what he says, lying sh!t.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 05:00 - Jul 2 with 4274 viewsenfieldargh

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:51 - Jul 1 by barbicanranger

I'm 32 and I do question my sanity a little when moaning about the kit. But honestly, this is our identity...this is what associates the football world with Qpr, this is what differentiates us from Reading...and what gets me most of all is it's not hard to get right it's effing straight forward. it's been done for years.

I sit in the SAR.

When the team come out into the pitch prior to kick off all I will see is either Everton , Chesterfield or Oldham bloody athletic, not to mention the C word .

I have to wait for them to turn around before I get to see hoops.

Pathetic half hearted shirt.

I expect an air Asia or another large sponsor logo is destined for the lower part of the panel.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 05:34 - Jul 2 with 4262 viewsJAPRANGERS

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:03 - Jul 1 by ted_hendrix

We should play in the nude.

My god, what an image! I thought we wanted to increase the size of our home attendances init?? If we played in pink birthday suits, it might attract the girls and the gays and Holloway, the rest would surely be violently ill.......
Login to get fewer ads

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 06:18 - Jul 2 with 4240 viewstorontolifelongfan

this not about lies..this is about a club trying not to go under..not a fan of the new kit but it's a sponsor thing...if you can match what they give us step up to the plate..or live with it..sorry this is 2015 money talks
(No subject) on 06:41 - Jul 2 with 4230 viewsChurchie

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:46 - Jul 1 by Hoop_Du_Jour

No argument here!

I
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 6:48]
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 06:46 - Jul 2 with 4222 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Gonna have to change my monicker to Horizontal-Bar-On-The-Front-Du-Jour
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 06:51 - Jul 2 with 4218 viewsChurchie

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:11 - Jul 1 by bosh67

I agree but my point was perspective. Daniel Norris got the design spot on, he absolutely nailed it but the club doesn't listen to the fans. Dan Norris knew QPR blue and how to design the shirt but he's not a lazy Nike designer, if indeed they do have designers?

Perspective however is that you don't have to buy this kit. Like others have said there are the Guiness retro kits, the 70s kits.

Why spend £40 on crap when you can spend £30 on class.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/en/product/qpr-1974-ls-shirt/145046?oloc=bgw

1974 a proper kit and badge.

My overall point is buy that one. It's QPR. However, what the club has failed to do and seem to be trying to resolve is getting back to delivering the product on the pitch. The team that attacks and is solid at the back. That plays with flair, heart, sweat and blood.

That's what I want from my QPR and I want to see it every week in a team that actually takes pride in the club and the fans.

The bottom line is you don't have to buy the new kit every year. It's just a con anyway. It only used to change once every 4 or 5 years anyway. Now it's just a con to get money out of the fans. So... if you want a great QPR shirt go to somewhere like Kitbag and buy that one.

If enough fans turned up wearing this shirt they might get the message.
Perhaps some enterprising person could sell them outside the club shop!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 6:52]
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 07:30 - Jul 2 with 4190 viewsdaveB

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:55 - Jul 1 by MancR

Our heritage, the hoops whatever , have not been deleted forever. Next season our kits are a bit crap. So what they've been crap loads of times. Can we not just chill and support the team?

Being upset that the hops have gone and supporting the team are different, of course people will support the team
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 07:30 - Jul 2 with 4186 viewsFDC

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 07:39 - Jul 2 with 4165 viewsdaveB

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:35 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Do you think we might be overreacting a little bit?

depends on what matters. Yes it's only a kit but it's also our identity and what makes QPR unique. Going away from that in just a small way is just another example of the club not really having a clue and not caring enough about the club. The attitude of well it's only a kit what does it matter goes through the club. Not enough care and due diligence goes into any decision from small things like the kit to bigger things like signing players and filing the correct paper work when signing players.

I don't think the club have lied about it I just think they hit an obstacle and didn't care enough to find a solution and that doesn't sit well with me.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 07:54 - Jul 2 with 3224 viewstorontolifelongfan

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 07:39 - Jul 2 by daveB

depends on what matters. Yes it's only a kit but it's also our identity and what makes QPR unique. Going away from that in just a small way is just another example of the club not really having a clue and not caring enough about the club. The attitude of well it's only a kit what does it matter goes through the club. Not enough care and due diligence goes into any decision from small things like the kit to bigger things like signing players and filing the correct paper work when signing players.

I don't think the club have lied about it I just think they hit an obstacle and didn't care enough to find a solution and that doesn't sit well with me.

hey like i said it's all about money or the lack off.we have a sponsor
not every happy with this,shit kit this year,but if u can match or better there money be my guest step up to the plate..sorry i cant
we have to live with it at the moment.we are not man u or real m
yet my friend
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 07:56 - Jul 2 with 3221 viewsqprbeth

to me this does not necessarily need to be an issue.
Let the team wear what they "have to wear". with the patch on the back

But also produce the new team shirt for us fans to purchase (fans shirt)....with the red collar, blue sleeves, red pin stripe but with hoops all the way round.

They would maximise the "sellability"..some will by the team shirt, some will buy the fans shirt, some will by both and Saxbend will buy neither
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:03 - Jul 2 with 3213 viewsdaveB

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 07:54 - Jul 2 by torontolifelongfan

hey like i said it's all about money or the lack off.we have a sponsor
not every happy with this,shit kit this year,but if u can match or better there money be my guest step up to the plate..sorry i cant
we have to live with it at the moment.we are not man u or real m
yet my friend

Thats exactly the problem, we're not Man Utd so what does it mater. Thats the attitude at the club, we're only QPR, we should just be grateful to be breathing.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:16 - Jul 2 with 3199 viewsGetMeRangers

The last four years have been rocky. Since the end of season we have, in my opinion, started making all the right moves and bringing back the club I have followed for nearly forty years. Youngsters progressing from the youth set up. Young hungry players being brought in. Mercenaries let go. A proper pre-season announced early. The coaching staff being recruited who understand what QPR is about etc

Dare I say it, but this seasons shirt is better than lasts. It doesnt look so bad on the back once name and number is on there. Can I live with that for one season, even if we have been lied to? Hell yes.

This forthcoming season has me really excited for no rhyme or reason. If we can compete well in the championship and play entertaining football, then I will be more than delighted

Saxbend. You are one of the characters that make this a great club to follow. We have a great eclectic band of fans. You are probably right that we have been lied to. My feeling is that you get used to it and look forward to seeing what CR. Les and Gallen can serve up for the new season. It would be a shame if this cock up ruins it for you
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:18 - Jul 2 with 3192 viewsJeff

Can we not knock it?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:19 - Jul 2 with 3187 viewsconnell10

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 06:18 - Jul 2 by torontolifelongfan

this not about lies..this is about a club trying not to go under..not a fan of the new kit but it's a sponsor thing...if you can match what they give us step up to the plate..or live with it..sorry this is 2015 money talks

and there in a nutshell is why im getting to hate football!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:25 - Jul 2 with 3178 viewsconnell10

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 23:48 - Jul 1 by simmo

This video is embarrassing

Why, because the bloke cares about our history !

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:27 - Jul 2 with 3169 viewsconnell10

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 07:39 - Jul 2 by daveB

Dave thats a great post , i agree with all of it apart from the bit about the club not telling porkies!

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:27 - Jul 2 with 3169 viewstraininvain

Yeah the new kit is sh1t but f you don't like it then don't buy it. Not sure why anyone over the age of 16 would want to buy a replica football kit anyway.

It's a bit embarrassing seeing grown men throw their toys out the pram because the kit doesn't have proper hoops!
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:35 - Jul 2 with 3147 viewsconnell10

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:27 - Jul 2 by traininvain

Yeah the new kit is sh1t but f you don't like it then don't buy it. Not sure why anyone over the age of 16 would want to buy a replica football kit anyway.

It's a bit embarrassing seeing grown men throw their toys out the pram because the kit doesn't have proper hoops!

i dont buy kits mate, but i dont like our history pisshed down the drain! you either get it or you dont and thats my last post on this subject!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024