Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. 18:26 - Jul 1 with 35062 viewssaxbend

I am really disappointed with the kits, but I'm absolutely furious about the lies.

I hope this video covers the whole story. If you don't think it's that important, feel free to ignore it, but if you're bothered either by the kits or the lies or both then please help make some noise about it.

Cheers

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 14:31 - Jul 2 with 3922 viewsEastR

I think the OP put his argument across in a very reasoned and structured way. He’s obviously very passionate on the subject and whether you agree it’s that important or not, you have to say he makes his case well.
The current owners of the club, while free to make decisions based on that ownership and their investment, have to recognise that their stewardship comes with a social responsibility to the heritage of the club too. In this case ‘The Hoops’.
Even on a basic commercial level, and considering how important branding is to the Air Asia model, you would think they could get the promotion of the unique selling point that is ‘the Hoops’ right.
A good business will take care of these ‘small’ details and will be successful. That rule applies to football clubs too. On and off the field.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 14:56 - Jul 2 with 3899 viewsMvpeter

I really can't get my head around this apologist argument

'If you don't like it don't buy it, it's for kids anyway'

Last time I checked the kit is for the players not the fans.

It's like hearing that the army are disbanding their tank battalions and saying 'why do people still play with toy tanks?'

Basically forgetting that replicas are replicas of something.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 14:59]

Poll: Who should be our left back?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 17:36 - Jul 2 with 3816 viewsM40R

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:11 - Jul 1 by bosh67

I agree but my point was perspective. Daniel Norris got the design spot on, he absolutely nailed it but the club doesn't listen to the fans. Dan Norris knew QPR blue and how to design the shirt but he's not a lazy Nike designer, if indeed they do have designers?

Perspective however is that you don't have to buy this kit. Like others have said there are the Guiness retro kits, the 70s kits.

Why spend £40 on crap when you can spend £30 on class.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag/en/product/qpr-1974-ls-shirt/145046?oloc=bgw

1974 a proper kit and badge.

My overall point is buy that one. It's QPR. However, what the club has failed to do and seem to be trying to resolve is getting back to delivering the product on the pitch. The team that attacks and is solid at the back. That plays with flair, heart, sweat and blood.

That's what I want from my QPR and I want to see it every week in a team that actually takes pride in the club and the fans.

The bottom line is you don't have to buy the new kit every year. It's just a con anyway. It only used to change once every 4 or 5 years anyway. Now it's just a con to get money out of the fans. So... if you want a great QPR shirt go to somewhere like Kitbag and buy that one.

Ah 1974,my fav season and shirt. However this one is only available in size double extra large: do they know more about our fans than we realise?
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 18:29 - Jul 2 with 3766 viewsdsw2509

I've got a kitbag shirt. Wore it to Hillsborough 2004.

The best shirt ever. The only one I will ever put on.

Enough said really.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:11 - Jul 2 with 3741 viewsWeaverQPR

When TF tweets that 'He's one of us' he really really isn't. He has no grasp on what QPR is all about which is why he continues to drop bowlack after bowlack.

@WeavQPR

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:24 - Jul 2 with 3718 viewssaxbend

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:35 - Jul 2 by daveB

on a side note i'm off to Florida soon so got a dvd from Sea World the other day showing all the rides, shows etc they have and it featured Saxbend talking about the park as a guest.

Wow that's clever because I've never been to Florida. :)
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:58 - Jul 2 with 3684 viewsDevonWhite

No lies then.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:44 - Jul 2 with 3628 viewssaxbend

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:58 - Jul 2 by DevonWhite

No lies then.

As i just replied on twitter, the promise of spending a whole year to plan kits properly from year 2of the Nike deal onwards, and the statement that these kits were signed off back in September are mutually exclusive. At least one is a lie

Also, if they were signed off in September that's six months wasted that could have been spent fiding a design that had hoops and allowed for visible printing. It's not rocket science and Nike are supposed to be pretty good at designing clothes after all.

No way is everything true. It's a logical impossibility.
Login to get fewer ads

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 21:19 - Jul 2 with 3587 viewsSomersetHoops

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:42 - Jul 2 by headhoops

I couldnt give a fuc£ about the kit - dont like it, dont buy it. What a few people have rightly observed is its flies in the face of our heritage and more importantly if Tone and Co can't even get a shirt right - how the hell will they deliver a new ground, new training facilities let alone tackle £millions of debt???
Shambolic leadership - its is possible to play decent football and have a decent kit.

Lets hope we can play decent football in a crap kit then.

Who's Next?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 21:39 - Jul 2 with 3556 viewsconnell10

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:56 - Jul 2 by daveB

Or option 4, make the club aware of how crap it is and push to make sure the traditions of the club are not gone forever.

Option 5 as a club don't be bullied into accepting sub standard offerings because the company doing it are a bigger name than us and start having some self respect. they want the contract to supply our kit they should supply what we want not the other way around.

Plenty of other options as well on the kit, shouldn't be a case of buy the club or hard luck. This isn't about a collar being crap of the sleeves looking dodgy, that stuff anyone can get over but getting rid of the hoops for 2 seasons in a row, not acceptable in my book and to do it with a big reveal and looking like they genuinely had no idea this would be an issue says it all about the club, clueless from top to bottom

Dave that is a top, top post sir! We should all care as rangers fans about having HOOPS on our bloody shirts! Its what we are , its our tribe, its us!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 21:45 - Jul 2 with 3549 viewsconnell10

yeah i know i said i wouldnt post again on the subject.............. BUT FOCK IT I DID!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:52 - Jul 2 with 3514 viewsTW_R

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 13:35 - Jul 2 by daveB

on a side note i'm off to Florida soon so got a dvd from Sea World the other day showing all the rides, shows etc they have and it featured Saxbend talking about the park as a guest.

Manta is a great ride Dave. Almost feel like you're flying.

When you get back from your trip I would definitely recommend watching a documentary called Blackfish.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:56 - Jul 2 with 3504 viewsdaveB

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:24 - Jul 2 by saxbend

Wow that's clever because I've never been to Florida. :)

christ i could have sworn it was you, you have a doppleganger then
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:57 - Jul 2 with 3501 viewsdaveB

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:52 - Jul 2 by TW_R

Manta is a great ride Dave. Almost feel like you're flying.

When you get back from your trip I would definitely recommend watching a documentary called Blackfish.

have heard about that film and think it's one to watch after the trip by the sound of it
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 23:19 - Jul 2 with 3475 viewsichbinnaughty

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 23:48 - Jul 1 by simmo

This video is embarrassing

I'm with Simmo on this
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:51 - Jul 3 with 3383 viewsMvpeter

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:44 - Jul 2 by saxbend

As i just replied on twitter, the promise of spending a whole year to plan kits properly from year 2of the Nike deal onwards, and the statement that these kits were signed off back in September are mutually exclusive. At least one is a lie

Also, if they were signed off in September that's six months wasted that could have been spent fiding a design that had hoops and allowed for visible printing. It's not rocket science and Nike are supposed to be pretty good at designing clothes after all.

No way is everything true. It's a logical impossibility.

Add in the surveys performed after September.

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 09:36 - Jul 3 with 3362 viewsQPunkR

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:48 - Jul 2 by torontolifelongfan

so you think nobody care's
everybody care's problem is pl rules & sponsor.buddy hate to see it but what do you want to do about it.see you have 3 options
1.Buy the club
2.Buy Car giant and build the new ground
3.live with it....,most of us have to.but we hate it sometimes

I don't get why the only solution is to buy the Club?

QPR - "shit but local"

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 10:02 - Jul 3 with 3335 viewsMvpeter

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 09:36 - Jul 3 by QPunkR

I don't get why the only solution is to buy the Club?

Because reality isn't important.

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 10:10 - Jul 3 with 3320 viewsQPunkR

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 10:02 - Jul 3 by Mvpeter

Because reality isn't important.

QPR - "shit but local"

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 11:05 - Jul 3 with 3285 viewsdaveB

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 19:58 - Jul 2 by DevonWhite

No lies then.

No lies just complete incompetence.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:30 - Jul 3 with 3209 viewsTW_R

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 22:57 - Jul 2 by daveB

have heard about that film and think it's one to watch after the trip by the sound of it

Yeah - was over in Orlando in April and having seen that film last year had serious reservations about Seaworld. Saying that the Orcas are absolutely stunning creatures.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 20:45 - Jul 3 with 3189 viewsSpiritofGregory

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 07:39 - Jul 2 by daveB

depends on what matters. Yes it's only a kit but it's also our identity and what makes QPR unique. Going away from that in just a small way is just another example of the club not really having a clue and not caring enough about the club. The attitude of well it's only a kit what does it matter goes through the club. Not enough care and due diligence goes into any decision from small things like the kit to bigger things like signing players and filing the correct paper work when signing players.

I don't think the club have lied about it I just think they hit an obstacle and didn't care enough to find a solution and that doesn't sit well with me.

Lying.... Not caring...
Not sure which one is worse?
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 21:00 - Jul 3 with 3158 viewsSpiritofGregory

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 06:18 - Jul 2 by torontolifelongfan

this not about lies..this is about a club trying not to go under..not a fan of the new kit but it's a sponsor thing...if you can match what they give us step up to the plate..or live with it..sorry this is 2015 money talks

Yes money does talk especially when you're £200m in debt.

We have to endure seeing the history and heritage of the club trampled on because Nike can't be bothered to design a kit for us and we have to accept that because we need the money to chip away at a debt that was completely self inflicted.
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 21:02 - Jul 3 with 3159 viewsterryb

I suspect the club & possibly Nike will have their answer with the number of shirts sold. If sales are as many as previous seasons they would not have made a mistake.

The chances of our board or Mr. Taylor appologising & accepting that they made a misjudgment will take a long time to be issued though!
It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 12:49 - Jul 4 with 3061 viewssaxbend

It's not about the kits any more. It's about the lies. on 08:51 - Jul 3 by Mvpeter

Add in the surveys performed after September.

There were surveys after September too? I missed those, but that really is taking the piss! If that's the case then it looks as though Ian Taylor has blown the whistle on a massive con.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024