Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome Sebastian Polter 14:35 - Jul 2 with 13438 viewsHayesender

I'm liking our signings very much so far

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 18:22 - Jul 2 with 3461 viewssimmo

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:36 - Jul 2 by Gloucs_R

Could just be an old photo and deleted because he isnt training with them.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/max-ehmer-qpr-gillingham-free-transfer-2518401

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 18:28 - Jul 2 with 3437 viewsAntti_Heinola

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:51 - Jul 2 by simmo

I think it's probably because he's 24...

As above and echo Hunters sentiments, well pleased with early business so far, adding legs and youth without compromising on experience. Every signing comes here either as a step up or with something to prove - perfect ingredients.

Also kudos to the club/scouting network on identifying a potentially good prospect outside the usual suspects, nice to see we're not afraid to look for players that Steve Claridge hasn't heard of.

I think we are close to having a decent first 11 already, 2-3 more players in certain areas and we're golden.

GK's - McCarthy, Green
RB's - Harriman, Furlong
CB's - Nedum, Hill, Ehmer, Caulker/1 other
LB - YSY, Traore/Hill, (Robinson)
CM - Luongo, Henry, Faurlin, Diakite, Sutherland, Doughty, 1 other
RW - Phillips, Mackie
LW - Hoilett, Manning, Traore
AM - JET, Gladwin
ST - Polter, Greco-Cox, 1 other

[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 18:07]

Petrasso still about?

Bare bones.

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 18:32 - Jul 2 with 3436 viewsJamie

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 18:28 - Jul 2 by Antti_Heinola

Petrasso still about?

He is, was in Canada's preliminary Gold Cup squad but didn't make the 23.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 18:33 - Jul 2 with 3431 viewsBrazilNutR

Welcome Seb,

looking forward to hearing many a commentator say "Polter ghosts into the box and puts rangers in the lead"

Polter means Noisy in German... Poltergeist = Noisy Ghost.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 19:58 - Jul 2 with 3316 viewsLincoln_Hoop

Found some footage....

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 21:31 - Jul 2 with 3121 viewsDWQPR

Would it be insensitive to nickname him 'Der Bomber'?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 21:46 - Jul 2 with 3068 viewsMatch82

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 21:31 - Jul 2 by DWQPR

If his nickname is anything except "the poltergeist" then that's a missed opportunity.

The tricky bit will be coming up with a song
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 21:56 - Jul 2 with 3049 viewsElHoop

For me this guy is the first evidence that we are serious about promotion next season , well apart from Green supposedly staying that is.

Given that we've gone up down up down in the last 4 seasons, we should be able to attract players who want to prove themselves in the top league. We offer them some hope of getting a foot in there if they can't get a game with a Premier League team yet.
Login to get fewer ads

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 22:08 - Jul 2 with 3021 viewsGloucs_R

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 21:56 - Jul 2 by ElHoop

For me this guy is the first evidence that we are serious about promotion next season , well apart from Green supposedly staying that is.

Given that we've gone up down up down in the last 4 seasons, we should be able to attract players who want to prove themselves in the top league. We offer them some hope of getting a foot in there if they can't get a game with a Premier League team yet.

Steady on old bean. We sign a German 2nd division striker and you are calling promotion a reality....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 22:46 - Jul 2 with 2893 viewskensalriser

A bipolar change in mood here thanks to a few signings that might be good enough to help stave off relegation!

Not a happy clapper myself. I'll still be chuffed if we're near the top six by Christmas.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 23:35 - Jul 2 with 2804 viewsHunterhoop

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 17:51 - Jul 2 by simmo

I think it's probably because he's 24...

As above and echo Hunters sentiments, well pleased with early business so far, adding legs and youth without compromising on experience. Every signing comes here either as a step up or with something to prove - perfect ingredients.

Also kudos to the club/scouting network on identifying a potentially good prospect outside the usual suspects, nice to see we're not afraid to look for players that Steve Claridge hasn't heard of.

I think we are close to having a decent first 11 already, 2-3 more players in certain areas and we're golden.

GK's - McCarthy, Green
RB's - Harriman, Furlong
CB's - Nedum, Hill, Ehmer, Caulker/1 other
LB - YSY, Traore/Hill, (Robinson)
CM - Luongo, Henry, Faurlin, Diakite, Sutherland, Doughty, 1 other
RW - Phillips, Mackie
LW - Hoilett, Manning, Traore
AM - JET, Gladwin
ST - Polter, Greco-Cox, 1 other

[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 18:07]

You're missing, Donaldson, old boy. But I acknowledge, I missed Petrasso, who I like!

We're clearly short of a few signings, as Ramsey admits, but we're making bloody great progress.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 23:41 - Jul 2 with 2784 viewsHunterhoop

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 22:46 - Jul 2 by kensalriser

A bipolar change in mood here thanks to a few signings that might be good enough to help stave off relegation!

Not a happy clapper myself. I'll still be chuffed if we're near the top six by Christmas.

Mate, it's not about league position, or potential league position that's causing a "bipolar change", which, by the way is a wholly inappropriate description (but I'm sure an innocent one).

People aren't becoming positive due to perceived or desired short term results/success, they're becoming positive because the business we're doing is far more in line with our heritage, it's because we're creating a team that COULD play in the QPR way (attractive football, 100% effort, attacking intent) and the club has got big of the big spenders who were leeches on our club.

We're returning to being the QPR i, you and we supported.

League position has f*ck all to do with it. We're here for live, remember. League position is method of judging comparative standing in one season. Football is cyclical. I'd like to believe we're laying the foundations for a good cycle in a few years.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 00:05 - Jul 3 with 2740 viewsGetMeRangers

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 23:41 - Jul 2 by Hunterhoop

Mate, it's not about league position, or potential league position that's causing a "bipolar change", which, by the way is a wholly inappropriate description (but I'm sure an innocent one).

People aren't becoming positive due to perceived or desired short term results/success, they're becoming positive because the business we're doing is far more in line with our heritage, it's because we're creating a team that COULD play in the QPR way (attractive football, 100% effort, attacking intent) and the club has got big of the big spenders who were leeches on our club.

League position has f*ck all to do with it. We're here for live, remember. League position is method of judging comparative standing in one season. Football is cyclical. I'd like to believe we're laying the foundations for a good cycle in a few years.

Spot on

A bit more on Polter. Media view: BZ comparison dealt with. The player will probably see this as a step up and knows he will need to prove himself to command the regular football he wants

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/media-view-sebastian-polter-qpr-rob-daly-europ
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 00:27 - Jul 3 with 2708 viewsBlackCrowe

Quote of the season and it hasn't even started yet.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 01:30 - Jul 3 with 2663 viewsitsbiga

He sure does dress like a total nob jockey though.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 07:20 - Jul 3 with 2574 viewsQPRinCT

Well given the uncertain status of Green and McCarthy, SP could prove useful in a dual role:

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 07:34 - Jul 3 with 2543 viewsPommyhoop

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 01:30 - Jul 3 by itsbiga

He sure does dress like a total nob jockey though.

Thats his job .He's German after all. Haven't you been to the Balearic or Greek Isles for a holiday? I went to a fancy dress party over here a few years back . All I did was tuck my Adidas top into my shorts and wore a nice pair of white Adidas socks under my flip flops.
A German on holiday ..
Welcome Sebastian.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 07:46 - Jul 3 with 2520 viewsbatmanhoop

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 21:31 - Jul 2 by DWQPR

Gerd Muller's nickname, don't think it's fair to saddle young Polter with one of the all time greats with that
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 08:36 - Jul 3 with 2456 views1BobbyHazell

Welcome Seb. New Season Excitement is hitting me early this year.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 08:48 - Jul 3 with 2430 viewsElHoop

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 22:08 - Jul 2 by Gloucs_R

Steady on old bean. We sign a German 2nd division striker and you are calling promotion a reality....

Haha no I thought it was a pretty negative posting in fact - I wasn't massively hopeful at all about the signings so far in terms of promotion, but this one might be OK.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 08:55 - Jul 3 with 2420 viewsQPRinCT

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 07:46 - Jul 3 by batmanhoop

Gerd Muller's nickname, don't think it's fair to saddle young Polter with one of the all time greats with that

Mmmmm, me thinks the man was being sarcastic about a German playing in London?
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 12:56 - Jul 3 with 2322 viewsWestminsteRs

I've got very little confidence in Traore at LB. As a substitute left winger occasionally then fine.

Hill cannot play at LB and even at CB we'll be really struggling if he has to play more than 10-15 matches. With Onuoha's tendency to pick up injuries you'd think that he could play many more than that unless we get more cover.

TBH I'd forgotten about Robinson at LB but he'll not be back until well after Christmas by the sounds of it.

Leaves us with Yun who should be a quality Championship LB but his form towards the end of last season was concerning. He may also be called away on international duty so flying around the world and then playing two league games in a week will take it's toll.

Perhaps we need to use the loan market for an adaptable full back who can play a couple of defensive positions.
Welcome Sebastian Polter on 13:48 - Jul 4 with 2121 viewskensalriser

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 23:41 - Jul 2 by Hunterhoop

I read a lot about QPR's heritage and traditions and playing style and most of it seems like romanticised horseshit to me. We exaggerate the good stuff and forget the less good.

In truth QPR has no particular style of play and no particular traditions that mark it out as much different from any other club. In the time I've been following QPR (since circa 1973) I'd say the number of seasons in which the football has been the popularly imagined style you describe is no more than 25% of the total. For every season we've enjoyed watching the likes of Roy Wegerle there's been another where we've relied on the likes of an ex furniture removals man signed from Saffron Walden and more when we've watched players like Tony Scully or Eric Sabin pretend to be professional footballers.

During the Ian Holloway era (the club's longest serving manager since Alec Stock left in 1968) the style of play was under constant criticism for, among other things, the 'double clogger' central midfield and playing players out of position (the latter a theme over many years and managers). Yet this period would probably be cited by many fans as their favourite.

I don't think we're returning to anything. We have a rookie manager, a rookie director of football and the same board that's presided over the incompetently run four years since Warnock managed to get us promoted. Sure, everybody's saying all the right things. They always do. The reality is that if there is any change it's one of finance, not philosophy; the owners have simply decided to stem the tide of money flowing out of the club.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 14:40 - Jul 4 with 2066 viewsTheBlob

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 13:48 - Jul 4 by kensalriser

I read a lot about QPR's heritage and traditions and playing style and most of it seems like romanticised horseshit to me. We exaggerate the good stuff and forget the less good.

In truth QPR has no particular style of play and no particular traditions that mark it out as much different from any other club. In the time I've been following QPR (since circa 1973) I'd say the number of seasons in which the football has been the popularly imagined style you describe is no more than 25% of the total. For every season we've enjoyed watching the likes of Roy Wegerle there's been another where we've relied on the likes of an ex furniture removals man signed from Saffron Walden and more when we've watched players like Tony Scully or Eric Sabin pretend to be professional footballers.

During the Ian Holloway era (the club's longest serving manager since Alec Stock left in 1968) the style of play was under constant criticism for, among other things, the 'double clogger' central midfield and playing players out of position (the latter a theme over many years and managers). Yet this period would probably be cited by many fans as their favourite.

I don't think we're returning to anything. We have a rookie manager, a rookie director of football and the same board that's presided over the incompetently run four years since Warnock managed to get us promoted. Sure, everybody's saying all the right things. They always do. The reality is that if there is any change it's one of finance, not philosophy; the owners have simply decided to stem the tide of money flowing out of the club.

That's a rather jaundiced view.I prefer to remember the Marsh era/Stan Bowles era as the template.Just because we had some journeymen managers doesn't mean we should think of them first - seems like an arse upwards attitude to me.Tradition?My perception of neutral attitudes is that we've been entertaining to watch,in the main.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:52 - Jul 4 with 1982 viewsTrellick

Welcome Sebastian Polter on 16:57 - Jul 2 by Toast_R

Is this the first German to sign for the club?

No there was Antonio a few years back :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024