Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ravel 14:36 - Jul 2 with 21757 viewsNorthernr

Ravel on 13:36 - Jul 3 with 5007 viewsClive_Anderson

Ravel on 12:43 - Jul 3 by adhoc_qpr

We've made some good signings, but i wouldn't say we have the makings of a top 10 side yet!

Still very light upfront (once Charlie goes anyway).

And although we've got options in midfield, we don't have many ball winners or box to box types (barring Henry) and we don't have any decent, proven wingers (again once Phillips goes).

At the back too we have hugely inexperienced options at fullback and a big question mark over Caulker at centre back.

I think Henry is easily good enough for the Championship, he was one of our best performers in the Premier League as well.

Philips I'm hoping we'll keep. I'd ditch Caulker personally if the money comes in.

Think we'll sign someone half decent for the Austin money when it comes. I'd personally try to keep him until January as I reckon you can get the same money then and he'd have scored 15 by then as well. Desperate clubs pay stupid money for strikers in January eg. Andy Carroll.
Ravel on 13:41 - Jul 3 with 4972 viewseghamranger

Ravel on 13:36 - Jul 3 by Clive_Anderson

I think Henry is easily good enough for the Championship, he was one of our best performers in the Premier League as well.

Philips I'm hoping we'll keep. I'd ditch Caulker personally if the money comes in.

Think we'll sign someone half decent for the Austin money when it comes. I'd personally try to keep him until January as I reckon you can get the same money then and he'd have scored 15 by then as well. Desperate clubs pay stupid money for strikers in January eg. Andy Carroll.

I'm hoping we keep Charlie in this window, he scores loads, loves the new players and sees us getting promoted and stays in January.
I know it's the euros next year, but he isn't a dead cert to go there and england are shite in tournaments anyway!!
Ravel on 13:58 - Jul 3 with 4890 viewsbaz_qpr

Ravel on 13:36 - Jul 3 by Clive_Anderson

Ironically Henry is one of those players who is better in the premiership than he is in the Championship
Ravel on 14:15 - Jul 3 with 4822 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think people are getting a bit carried away on who we 'need' to sign. There's not much pressure this year if we're being sensible about it. Harriman and Darnell should be fighting it out at RB, and even if both of them prove to be a 'weak link', we need to persevere, give them a chance and live with that fact.
In midfield there's been all this talk about Henry, but I'd much, much rather see Doughty get an extended run in that spot. At least he might - if anything, is likely to - improve.
It's a shame that the club has fed our fans crack addiction to transfers. People calling for us to sign an LB when we have 2 already, plus one young who's injured, plus Clint in an emergency. no, perhaps Traore is not a great back-up at this stage, but how about we live with that and try and work with it for a bit rather than signing a 5th left back? We've had threads of panic over whether we've signed enough players, and people suggesting we need 5 or 6 more. Let's get realistic, here. Mid-table would be a massive result for us - although we lost a lot of players, we need to give what we have a chance, rather than just assuming that new blood will be better.

Bare bones.

Ravel on 14:30 - Jul 3 with 4766 viewsPommyhoop

Ravel on 14:15 - Jul 3 by Antti_Heinola

I think people are getting a bit carried away on who we 'need' to sign. There's not much pressure this year if we're being sensible about it. Harriman and Darnell should be fighting it out at RB, and even if both of them prove to be a 'weak link', we need to persevere, give them a chance and live with that fact.
In midfield there's been all this talk about Henry, but I'd much, much rather see Doughty get an extended run in that spot. At least he might - if anything, is likely to - improve.
It's a shame that the club has fed our fans crack addiction to transfers. People calling for us to sign an LB when we have 2 already, plus one young who's injured, plus Clint in an emergency. no, perhaps Traore is not a great back-up at this stage, but how about we live with that and try and work with it for a bit rather than signing a 5th left back? We've had threads of panic over whether we've signed enough players, and people suggesting we need 5 or 6 more. Let's get realistic, here. Mid-table would be a massive result for us - although we lost a lot of players, we need to give what we have a chance, rather than just assuming that new blood will be better.

Yep , I'd be well happy with mid table.Lets face it after the shite H left us even missing relegation would be a result. Steady Eddie Christopher Ramsey. He's gonna have it tough though . Some folks who were saying we were f'cked because he was our manager and we were doomed to the buckets and doom and doom are now confidently saying 8th place or failure..
Have patience people ..I ask you a fraction of the patience you showed that c'nt Redknapp a mere morsel .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ravel on 14:45 - Jul 3 with 4692 viewsStanisgod

Ravel on 16:44 - Jul 2 by Jamie

JET can play out wide and Gladwin sits deeper, more likely alongside Karlos Henros.

As for 'I am ravel', can't see any problem with a deal for him. He's a monumental prat, but he'd once again be the most talented player we've had at the club for decades, and sooner or later he will have to self motivate himself to knuckle down.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2015 16:46]

"the most talented player at the club for decades "

You must do it on purpose

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Ravel on 15:01 - Jul 3 with 4632 viewsQPunkR

Ravel on 14:45 - Jul 3 by Stanisgod

"the most talented player at the club for decades "

You must do it on purpose

Yep, truly makes you wonder doesn't it

QPR - "shit but local"

Ravel on 15:08 - Jul 3 with 4599 views1BobbyHazell

3 cheers for Antti... Hip hip...
Login to get fewer ads

Ravel on 15:15 - Jul 3 with 4563 viewsadhoc_qpr

I agree with a lot of that, but we are still short in a couple of positions and the championship is a long grind.

Assuming Charlie, Phillips, Fer and Caulker go (which i think is reasonable) we need 2 strikers, at least one winger, a centre back and a right back.

I think Harriman has to be given a shot at right back, but Furlong could do with a loan spell and regular football. So we need a steady right back to compete with Harriman.

If the likes of Doughty, Harriman and Sutherland don't contribute much this season, it's time for them to move on.

Furlong, Petrasso, Grego-Cox etc are all a good few years younger and still have time.
Ravel on 18:45 - Jul 3 with 4255 viewsfrancisbowles

Ravel on 15:15 - Jul 3 by adhoc_qpr

I agree with a lot of that, but we are still short in a couple of positions and the championship is a long grind.

Assuming Charlie, Phillips, Fer and Caulker go (which i think is reasonable) we need 2 strikers, at least one winger, a centre back and a right back.

I think Harriman has to be given a shot at right back, but Furlong could do with a loan spell and regular football. So we need a steady right back to compete with Harriman.

If the likes of Doughty, Harriman and Sutherland don't contribute much this season, it's time for them to move on.

Furlong, Petrasso, Grego-Cox etc are all a good few years younger and still have time.

If we lose Phillips, perhaps we should give some minutes to Furlong on the right of midfield, ahead of Harriman at rb. He seems to like getting forward and he could get the experience without being exposed as much as he has been. He might even get the odd goal to boost his confidence.

Presumably, we will also give opportunities to Petrasso, Doughty and Sutherland.
Ravel on 19:47 - Jul 3 with 4103 viewsTheBlob

Ravel on 15:08 - Jul 3 by 1BobbyHazell

3 cheers for Antti... Hip hip...

BOOOOOOOOO.........

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ravel on 21:16 - Jul 3 with 3949 viewsfakekerby

Agree in part with the sentiment but this a sport it's not "mid table is fine" that's totally the wrong attitude and will see us get nowhere fast.

Regardless of past mistakes, you can't persevere with the likes of Traore just to save making a potentially better signing.

There's no such thing as standing still in football.
Ravel on 21:34 - Jul 3 with 3902 viewsDylanP

Ravel on 16:40 - Jul 2 by adhoc_qpr

Surely Ravel, Luongo, Gladwin and JET all prefer to play at number 10?

Fer too, but i'm assuming we'll buckle and sell him to Sevilla cheaply.

Ravel a big gamble to take if we do, Chris and Les' reputations will be the ones to suffer if it blows up.

I'm happy with our transfer business to date but we certainly don't have a top 8 squad with no wingers and no proven strikers (once Charlie and Phillips are off).

All we have a strikers. Mackie, Potter, Gladwin and JET are all strikers.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Ravel on 21:55 - Jul 3 with 3825 viewsGloryHunter

In my view Ravel was great for us in 2014. I'd have no problem with him signing. I think he was about to come on as a sub at Wembley until Clint got injured, wasn't he?
Ravel on 06:26 - Jul 4 with 3530 viewsLadbrokeR

Forgive me but your weren't you getting a bit carried away with reasons not to sign Henry.
Ravel on 06:56 - Jul 4 with 3495 viewsLadbrokeR

Ravel on 06:26 - Jul 4 by LadbrokeR

Forgive me but your weren't you getting a bit carried away with reasons not to sign Henry.

AH that ones for you and disco
Ravel on 08:11 - Jul 4 with 3378 viewsDANRANGER

Ravel on 06:56 - Jul 4 by LadbrokeR

AH that ones for you and disco

He has so much ability, his finishing being his strongest for me so he could be a 15-20 goal player for us. I feel he just wants to play and big Sam wasn't the best person for him. I hope this is a Chris Ramsey signing and therefore he'll want to improve him and we can reap the benefits. He works hard on the pitch so he just needs to keep his head off it. Yeah, let's do it.
Ravel on 08:45 - Jul 4 with 3311 viewsTW_R

Ravel on 21:16 - Jul 3 by fakekerby

Agree in part with the sentiment but this a sport it's not "mid table is fine" that's totally the wrong attitude and will see us get nowhere fast.

Regardless of past mistakes, you can't persevere with the likes of Traore just to save making a potentially better signing.

There's no such thing as standing still in football.

"There's no such thing as standing still in football."

So you didn't see out static defence last season then?
Ravel on 09:43 - Jul 4 with 3210 viewsterryb

Ravel on 21:55 - Jul 3 by GloryHunter

In my view Ravel was great for us in 2014. I'd have no problem with him signing. I think he was about to come on as a sub at Wembley until Clint got injured, wasn't he?

I can't recall Clint Hill getting injured.

He subbed himself for traore after the sending off so that we had a better option going forward.

He had a few good games for us but by the end of the season he was no better than a place on the bench.

As much as I dislike Fer, he is twice the player Morrison will ever be!
Ravel on 09:51 - Jul 4 with 3174 viewsDiscodroids

i dont think we need to sign any full backs central defenders or any actual strikers .

our cup runneth over in these areas , and im sure it says something in chris ramseys 'watchtower' about boasting and arrogance in the world of god and the sky bet championship.

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what another season with clint hil, karl henry and 28 midfielders may bring."

Ephesians 2:8

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ravel on 10:06 - Jul 4 with 3143 viewsLadbrokeR

Ravel on 09:51 - Jul 4 by Discodroids

i dont think we need to sign any full backs central defenders or any actual strikers .

our cup runneth over in these areas , and im sure it says something in chris ramseys 'watchtower' about boasting and arrogance in the world of god and the sky bet championship.

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what another season with clint hil, karl henry and 28 midfielders may bring."

Ephesians 2:8

Mate I am with you on Clint Hill great servant but I feel his his time has come. We'll have to agree to disagree on Henry a man who is only ever going to be utilitarian at best and I feel wil serve a function at this level. I will say this Watchtowers aside our cup does not runneth over with play makers ?
Ravel on 10:12 - Jul 4 with 3119 viewstimcocking

I'd be over the moon if we signed Ravel. A gamble, but one worth punting on imo. Most talented player in the Championship with a doubt.

I'll believe if it happens though, not before...
Ravel on 10:13 - Jul 4 with 3121 viewseghamranger

Ravel on 10:06 - Jul 4 by LadbrokeR

Mate I am with you on Clint Hill great servant but I feel his his time has come. We'll have to agree to disagree on Henry a man who is only ever going to be utilitarian at best and I feel wil serve a function at this level. I will say this Watchtowers aside our cup does not runneth over with play makers ?

Hill is great for the club. I don't particularly like Henry as a player, because he is slow and not creative and so frustrating to watch. Does anyone remember the home match a few months ago when the whole of the stadium was shouting "shoot" but he couldn't 😡😡😡😡😡
However he could do a job if we are winning and need to defend. But I would prefer to see a decent flair player in his role
Ravel on 14:29 - Jul 4 with 2924 viewsfrancisbowles

Ravel on 10:13 - Jul 4 by eghamranger

Hill is great for the club. I don't particularly like Henry as a player, because he is slow and not creative and so frustrating to watch. Does anyone remember the home match a few months ago when the whole of the stadium was shouting "shoot" but he couldn't 😡😡😡😡😡
However he could do a job if we are winning and need to defend. But I would prefer to see a decent flair player in his role

Hopefully, Henry will be on the bench as a back up for Faurlin and others. But he can shoot.
I can't remember who it was against but he scored a cracker at LR, in our run in to the play offs.
Ravel on 17:04 - Jul 4 with 2748 viewsDWQPR

Ravel on 09:43 - Jul 4 by terryb

I can't recall Clint Hill getting injured.

He subbed himself for traore after the sending off so that we had a better option going forward.

He had a few good games for us but by the end of the season he was no better than a place on the bench.

As much as I dislike Fer, he is twice the player Morrison will ever be!

I dislike Fer aswell but Morrison is light years ahead of him. At least he can control a football, did track back during his time here and looked like he cared.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024