Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Protest 22:27 - Jul 2 with 2963 viewsstowmarketrange

How about those who feel as strongly as I do about these new shirts holding a protest outside the club shop on Saturday?
I don't mean abusing fans who are mad enough to buy them,but if enough people turn up in old shirts,it might send a message to the club.Even if that only means a proper hooped shirt on sale to the fans it would be a start.
If enough people care about our hoops,we might get what we all want.If it doesn't work at least we can say that we tried.
Protest on 22:55 - Jul 2 with 2895 viewsDorse

Spend the money on vuvuzelas. They'll soon change their minds.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Protest on 23:01 - Jul 2 with 2885 viewsdaveB

any protest will be met by the club saying they'll do what they can next time and in a years time they'll get the kit right and expect praise for it, they usually get it right once every 3 years so they are due next summer
Protest on 23:01 - Jul 2 with 2883 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I shall (continue) my protest by not buying one.
Protest on 10:32 - Jul 3 with 2737 viewsDannyPaddox

Protest on 22:55 - Jul 2 by Dorse

Spend the money on vuvuzelas. They'll soon change their minds.

Zulu's vulvas .. edit: Vuvuzelas, now that's a great idea. Seriously if we tolerate this (the shedding of the hoops) without any ruckus we'll soon find our selves in a new stadium being told: "Oh by the way the club's now called Old Oak Common Cowboys" followed by "We did tell you we've joined the inaugural Nike American Football Super Brit Grid League-Off Division 2 (South) ... didn't we?".

Seriously Vuvuzelas at Loftus Road ... wow ... Tinnitus Park.
Protest on 11:09 - Jul 3 with 2665 viewsdoogi55

easy to protest dont buy readings old kits
Protest on 11:13 - Jul 3 with 2657 viewsizlingtonhoop

And you're going to travel from Stowmarket for that?

Sense of perspective needed.

We've had plenty of unsightly kits in the past.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Queens_Park_Rangers/Queens_Park_Rangers.htm

1997-9 a particular un-favourite, and 2008-9
Protest on 16:19 - Jul 3 with 2564 viewsstowmarketrange

Protest on 11:13 - Jul 3 by izlingtonhoop

It would seem not judging by the reaction of other people,so I'll just protest by not buying the sh+t new shirt.
Protest on 10:26 - Jul 6 with 2306 viewsMvpeter

Protest on 10:32 - Jul 3 by DannyPaddox

Zulu's vulvas .. edit: Vuvuzelas, now that's a great idea. Seriously if we tolerate this (the shedding of the hoops) without any ruckus we'll soon find our selves in a new stadium being told: "Oh by the way the club's now called Old Oak Common Cowboys" followed by "We did tell you we've joined the inaugural Nike American Football Super Brit Grid League-Off Division 2 (South) ... didn't we?".

Seriously Vuvuzelas at Loftus Road ... wow ... Tinnitus Park.

I wouldn't actually mind that. It's a fine sport and I'm already well versed in saying

'How 'bout them Cowboys?'

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Login to get fewer ads

Protest on 10:28 - Jul 6 with 2284 viewsMvpeter

Do you honestly think these aren't much worse than those mentioned?

Protest on 10:35 - Jul 6 with 2261 viewsDiscodroids

i dont think ive ever worn a QPR shirt to a game since 1985.

standards old boy. standards.

one must have the savoir faire, deportment of kenny lynch on pro celebrity golf with a lead pipe in ones rolled up sun newspaper when attending w12.

clothes maketh the man , Thus a xxxl 'CSF solutions' QPR shirt , does not sir !

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Protest on 11:29 - Jul 6 with 2201 viewsJonDoeman

I quite like those 2 shirts you mention .

It Is What It Is !!

Protest on 16:26 - Jul 6 with 2064 viewsizlingtonhoop

Protest on 10:28 - Jul 6 by Mvpeter

Do you honestly think these aren't much worse than those mentioned?

I dunno. I just cite them as a bit crap.

I was sure that it was the case, but the historical kits site doesn't show it, but I wasn't imagining it - my ageing memory playing tricks.

The (personal) horror of the shirts with the old badge watermarked over the hoops - I irrationally despised that!

I'm a fan of the 'scroll' badge and like the simplicity of that shirt, but that watermark is like fingernails down a blackboard to me. Gilding the lily.
Protest on 16:53 - Jul 6 with 2016 viewsGloucs_R

The front is fine, its the back that looks shocking.

Loved this kit:

Away kits included jere - http://www.truecoloursfootballkits.com/tag/qpr-kit-history up to 2010. I never quite understand the fixation with red and black hoops. It looks nice but I think we could mix it up and only have it every few years. We only started wearing that kit in the mid 80's. We have had some other cool away kits with hoops:

[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 16:57]

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Protest on 18:19 - Jul 6 with 1948 viewsessextaxiboy

The shirts are better than last years and we didnt call for a protest then. Just vote with your wallet and wear an old one to games .

Dont sweat the small stuff .
Protest on 18:39 - Jul 6 with 1909 viewsGetMeRangers

Protest on 18:19 - Jul 6 by essextaxiboy

The shirts are better than last years and we didnt call for a protest then. Just vote with your wallet and wear an old one to games .

Dont sweat the small stuff .

Having now seen them with names and number on the back, I dont think they look so bad. Yes, another year without hoops but the 'bars' are wider and pretty sure the club has the message by now.

Perhaps they have their hands tied by the Nike contract, perhaps we will get hoops next year. Until then, I am more interested in the players that will be wearing them and how they perform in them.
Protest on 18:42 - Jul 6 with 1895 viewsessextaxiboy

Protest on 18:39 - Jul 6 by GetMeRangers

Having now seen them with names and number on the back, I dont think they look so bad. Yes, another year without hoops but the 'bars' are wider and pretty sure the club has the message by now.

Perhaps they have their hands tied by the Nike contract, perhaps we will get hoops next year. Until then, I am more interested in the players that will be wearing them and how they perform in them.

"I am more interested in the players that will be wearing them and how they perform in them"

Spot on
Protest on 09:11 - Jul 7 with 1750 viewsMvpeter

Protest on 18:39 - Jul 6 by GetMeRangers

Pretty sure the club has the message by now?

Check the date mate, the time for that is long past. They've got the message three times and signed for it twice, they simply don't care about it as much as either a) the money from Nike or b) the additional revenue from names and number sales or c) the time it would take to actually do this properly.

Teflon explicitly promised full hoops last year, that's why nobody was up in arms.

Fool me once.

The kit is our identity and nothing is more important to a football club or any organisation for that matter than it's identity.

Protest on 10:50 - Jul 7 with 1686 viewsGetMeRangers

Protest on 09:11 - Jul 7 by Mvpeter

Pretty sure the club has the message by now?

Check the date mate, the time for that is long past. They've got the message three times and signed for it twice, they simply don't care about it as much as either a) the money from Nike or b) the additional revenue from names and number sales or c) the time it would take to actually do this properly.

Teflon explicitly promised full hoops last year, that's why nobody was up in arms.

Fool me once.

The kit is our identity and nothing is more important to a football club or any organisation for that matter than it's identity.

Perhaps we come from a different stand point on this. The club have made plenty of mistakes over the recent years and it wouldnt surprise me that they have signed a lucrative contract without realising that they were going to be fobbed off with a template (according to someone who has spoken to a rep of Nike). We may well be stuck with Nike III hooped template for the remaining contract too.. which I believe is a five year contract.

If that is the case and it isnt possible for them to get Nike to design a bespoke kit, as they do for Barcelona, then I think they should hold up their hands and say so. Do I think, that after five years of annual outrage at far from perfect kits, we will then get back the Hoops? Yes

However, in my opinion the kit is better than last year and it wont detract from me following the club nor applauding their latest experiment of returning the club to one I more recognise as the one I grew up supporting.

Also, in my opinion, our identity is more than just Hoops. Whether it is the players and managers over the years, or the insane news stories that emanate from the club from plastic pitches to board members held at gunpoint. The amazing highs and the mind numbing lows. It is the eclectic band of supporters too; at the ground, on forums or that vote Jamie Pollock the most important man of the last two millennia. It is Loftus Road. It is so many other things. Above all, we are not a club of glory hunters or racist, fascist scum

We used to play in Hoops, I believe we will again. Yet, we will never stop being Queen's Park Rangers, in my eyes at least
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024