Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Readings new kit is nice 09:23 - Jul 3 with 5570 viewsW5R

nm
Readings new kit is nice on 10:29 - Jul 3 with 2195 viewsChurchie

Just ordered a Reading shirt, the badge looks real easy to peal off and I have an old proper badge from a few years ago.
PURFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Readings new kit is nice on 11:10 - Jul 3 with 2097 viewsstevec

Readings new kit is nice on 10:20 - Jul 3 by ganjR

It should be:
iant@qpr.co.uk

Thanks GanjR, you were right!

To be fair, Ian Taylor did come back with a prompt reply. Can't say it's anything new but in case anybody interested...

Hi Steve

Thanks for the email

My tweets on the kit and the Premier League’s response to fans who emailed them is all we will be saying on this matter

However, the Reading shirt issue is a fair question. In simple terms, our kits for 14/15 were designed and signed off when we were a PL club, where the rules — at that time — differed to FL clubs, hence why Reading were able to have the full Hoops

Rest assured, if the club could have had full Hoops this season, it would have — and that will certainly be our stance going forward

Have a good weekend

Regards

Ian
Readings new kit is nice on 11:22 - Jul 3 with 2076 viewsBasingstokeR

Readings new kit is nice on 11:10 - Jul 3 by stevec

To be fair, Ian Taylor did come back with a prompt reply. Can't say it's anything new but in case anybody interested...

Hi Steve

Thanks for the email

My tweets on the kit and the Premier League’s response to fans who emailed them is all we will be saying on this matter

However, the Reading shirt issue is a fair question. In simple terms, our kits for 14/15 were designed and signed off when we were a PL club, where the rules — at that time — differed to FL clubs, hence why Reading were able to have the full Hoops

Rest assured, if the club could have had full Hoops this season, it would have — and that will certainly be our stance going forward

Have a good weekend

Regards

Ian

Good that their replying, but in doing so just putting out more questionable content imho. Making a rod for their own backs.

When he says...

"However, the Reading shirt issue is a fair question. In simple terms, our kits for 14/15 were designed and signed off when we were a PL club, where the rules — at that time — differed to FL clubs, hence why Reading were able to have the full Hoops"

Does he not mean "for 15/16"? Our 14/15 kits were just 100% off the peg Nike jobs after the playoff win.

and when he says
"when we were a PL club, where the rules — at that time — differed to FL clubs"

does he actually mean

"where the new potential rules that were being discussed at the time that weren't signed off and didn't come into affect"
Readings new kit is nice on 11:37 - Jul 3 with 2058 viewsthemodfather

always fund puma, crap.
always found reading, crap.
Readings new kit is nice on 11:54 - Jul 3 with 2029 viewsganjR

Readings new kit is nice on 11:10 - Jul 3 by stevec

Hi Steve

Thanks for the email

Have a good weekend

Regards

Ian

Fair play to him for replying, but.... He's surely slipped himself up there?
If we could've had full hoops this year, we would've. Well you could've cos Reading have done it, so what's been said can't be true?
As for the 'that's our stance and we're sticking to it', that to me means, that's our official line so fck off.
Btw, Readings kit is crap, just the back is better.
Readings new kit is nice on 12:06 - Jul 3 with 2012 viewsGetMeRangers

Readings new kit is nice on 11:54 - Jul 3 by ganjR

If we could've had full hoops this year, we would've. Well you could've cos Reading have done it, so what's been said can't be true?
As for the 'that's our stance and we're sticking to it', that to me means, that's our official line so fck off.

The issue is not just the PL. It is Nike. Someone mentioned elsewhere that their rep pointed out that our strip is part of their templates. They wont make proper hoops for us

Reading are with Puma , I think
Readings new kit is nice on 12:09 - Jul 3 with 2007 viewsW5R

Readings new kit is nice on 11:54 - Jul 3 by ganjR

Officially the rules were NOT in place. There were proposed changes to the rules. Changes that to become a rule needed all clubs to agree to.

It's exceedingly simple. Maybe ask him why they conducted a fans survey after the kit had been submitted and agreed to and maybe ask him if they could supply the designs that the Premier League computer rejected?

As according to various people we never submitted anything other than what is now the kit.

Not our fault but Nikes.
Readings new kit is nice on 12:44 - Jul 3 with 1960 viewsGetMeRangers

Even they are not that happy. Lovely sponsor...

Login to get fewer ads

Readings new kit is nice on 23:18 - Jul 3 with 1734 viewsbosh67

Now all the excuses look pathetic.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Readings new kit is nice on 23:40 - Jul 3 with 1701 viewsHollowayRanger

if I were to buy a shirt

ID BUY A READING ONE and then stick a QPR BADGE ON IT

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Readings new kit is nice on 23:44 - Jul 3 with 1701 viewsPunteR

Readings new kit is nice on 12:44 - Jul 3 by GetMeRangers

Even they are not that happy. Lovely sponsor...

Figures ...
There was always something strange about them...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Readings new kit is nice on 00:17 - Jul 4 with 1675 viewsganjR

Readings new kit is nice on 23:44 - Jul 3 by PunteR

Figures ...
There was always something strange about them...

Please don't get me wrong, I don't want a witch hunt when we seem to be doing things the right way. Someone has fcked up, it's a shame as the front Half of the home (pukka) and away (Dennis the Menace) look really good and real QPR! I won't buy one and I'm sure the cost to the club to change the shirts will be huge, if at all possible.
Still buying my son the retro shirt though. Gutted as this will be the first year since he was born, probably, thinking about it, that either me or his mum haven't bought him either the home kit or the home and away kits.
It's funny how Lotto nailed it with their last kits after some dubious results. Nike were literally 2 back panels away from nailing 2 classic QPR designs.
If we've sold a record number of season tickets, imagine the shirt sales? I honestly think I would've bought the home one and I'm not one for bowling about in a football shirt really.
C'est la vie.
We're doing some good stuff, football wise, (potentially) though ay?
P.S: again.... Readings home kit isn't nice at all in my opinion, probably suits them, I'd hate it as our design. I bet they do Dennis the Menace too though.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 0:20]
Readings new kit is nice on 09:10 - Jul 4 with 1584 viewsfakekerby

It's a kit. Get a grip people.

Unless you were first in the queue to spend your hard earned to buy one, who cares. It's still much better than last season's "effort".

Do you really think the club has the power to tell Nike what to do?

Let the new blood bring back the good old times and the rest will follow.
Readings new kit is nice on 10:13 - Jul 4 with 1568 viewstimcocking

What a fcuking p!sstake. Gutted.
Readings new kit is nice on 11:00 - Jul 4 with 1551 viewsRANGERS4EVER

The Premier League rules for 2015/16 season is to have a plan back on the shirt. Because we were in the Premier League when the kits were being made, we had to stick to these rules, in case we stayed up. Championship does not have these rules, hence why Reading have hoops and we have a plain back

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Readings new kit is nice on 11:25 - Jul 4 with 1538 viewsBasingstokeR

Readings new kit is nice on 11:00 - Jul 4 by RANGERS4EVER

The Premier League rules for 2015/16 season is to have a plan back on the shirt. Because we were in the Premier League when the kits were being made, we had to stick to these rules, in case we stayed up. Championship does not have these rules, hence why Reading have hoops and we have a plain back

That's the club media line

The rules mentioned were never adopted, so we essentially followed rules we didn't have to, which is funny as we agreed to the FFP ones that were signed off then did our own thing and are challenging them.

Any rules being suggested by any league we're in that mean we can't have hoops on the shirt the club should fight, not comply with weakly.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 11:26]
Readings new kit is nice on 11:45 - Jul 4 with 1524 viewsGruntfuttock

Readings new kit is nice on 11:00 - Jul 4 by RANGERS4EVER

I assume that you have not bothered to read the many posts on this subject.

Or, you are a total WUM.

Probably both.
Readings new kit is nice on 11:49 - Jul 4 with 1518 viewsloftboy

Reading shirts may have hoops but the fans will still be plastic cûnts wearing them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Readings new kit is nice on 13:20 - Jul 4 with 1460 viewsTacticalR

Advertising by Carabao is presumably a result of the Thai takeover.

I see the guy who led the takeover is currently under investigation for money laundering:
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/samrit-bunditkitsada-be

Air hostess clique

Readings new kit is nice on 13:30 - Jul 4 with 1443 viewsRoller

Readings new kit is nice on 09:41 - Jul 3 by GetMeRangers

And shame on Nike!

I hate to say it, but his name isn't all that easy to read on that shirt. It could just be the font not being very clear of course.

Those poor television audiences, how are they going to cope?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024