Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected 12:15 - Jul 3 with 6229 viewsMarc

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 10:05 - Jul 4 with 1513 viewsrsonist

Charlie's a good lad but we're kidding ourselves thinking there's any chance he'd hang about another six months or that we could force him to do so. IMO the club is playing a dangerous bluff - £15m is obviously better than £12m but in our situation getting the money in early, working on bringing in targets while they're still negotiable and integrating them into the squad for preseason is worth the £3m. The later we move for players the higher the price will likely be anyway.
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 10:16 - Jul 4 with 1495 viewseghamranger

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 10:05 - Jul 4 by rsonist

Charlie's a good lad but we're kidding ourselves thinking there's any chance he'd hang about another six months or that we could force him to do so. IMO the club is playing a dangerous bluff - £15m is obviously better than £12m but in our situation getting the money in early, working on bringing in targets while they're still negotiable and integrating them into the squad for preseason is worth the £3m. The later we move for players the higher the price will likely be anyway.

With a bit of luck they will add some clauses into his contract... Like if he scores 20 goals or if he plays/scores for England. Etc
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 00:34 - Jul 5 with 1302 viewsconnell10

bournemouth have offered us 14 million according to the sun!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 01:33 - Jul 5 with 1272 viewsJigsore

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 00:34 - Jul 5 by connell10

very plucky of them

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 03:05 - Jul 5 with 1251 viewsMrNITK

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 10:05 - Jul 4 by rsonist

I hear what your saying and if anything I say is incorrect then I'm happy to be corrected. Personally I don't think we're playing a dangerous bluffing game. Don't the new FFP rules give us 2 seasons to sort our finances out. We've got rid of loads of dead wood from our books. Just go out and buy a striker to replace Austin, if he doesn't go and we end up getting rid in January we'll have a ready replacement. If no one offers the £15 million then we still should get our money back in January.

If I was trying to sell Austin I'd tell any potential buyers:

1) we have no need to get him off the books. We brought him when we were in the championship and he's on championship wages. (As far as I'm aware he's not renegotiated his contract).

2) If you don't want to pay the £15 million then you can wait till his contract expires and then thrash it out over wages etc with about 10 other teams Who'll probably give him a four year contract and if they want sell him for about £15 million a year later.

I actually agree with Mvpeter that his overall game isn't that great but he's a goalscorer. He'll get 15-20 goals in the prem in an injury free season for the next six years given the chance and he'd score goals for England, that's what he's done his whole career, make the step up and score goals.

Now pay the £15 million or F@ck off!
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 13:22 - Jul 5 with 1170 viewsNW10Hoop

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 00:34 - Jul 5 by connell10

Can you imagine the sh1tstorm in the papers if we offered 14m for a player? Rotten to the core , moneybags etc.

It's the going rate for a premier league striker with a bit of pedigree. Fair play to them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024