Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected 12:15 - Jul 3 with 6230 viewsMarc

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:17 - Jul 3 with 4775 viewsBasingstokeR

Fair play to managerless Leicester? Come out the woodwork everyone else and keep those bids going higher.
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:23 - Jul 3 with 4704 viewsHooparoo

I'm resigned to losing Charlie(like everybody else on here) but why would he bother going to Leicester? Be better off hanging around and seeing what his options are in January as I fully expect the foxes to be bottom of the Prem by then.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:28 - Jul 3 with 4652 viewsLblock

I'd love to keep him but, like every responsible adult, there comes a time in life where you've just got to give up Charlie

Glad it's gone public that £12mill dont cut it.

Now get your purses out you Premiership schlags!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:31 - Jul 3 with 4618 viewsJonDoeman

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:23 - Jul 3 by Hooparoo

I'm resigned to losing Charlie(like everybody else on here) but why would he bother going to Leicester? Be better off hanging around and seeing what his options are in January as I fully expect the foxes to be bottom of the Prem by then.

He'll hang around a bit longer than January if we don't sell him & go on a free, with a whacking great big signing on fee.

It Is What It Is !!

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:32 - Jul 3 with 4607 viewsMytch_QPR

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:28 - Jul 3 by Lblock

I'd love to keep him but, like every responsible adult, there comes a time in life where you've just got to give up Charlie

Glad it's gone public that £12mill dont cut it.

Now get your purses out you Premiership schlags!

It should force Villa and Newcastle to show their hands. The Toon Army will go strange if Ashley doesn't at least make a bid.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:42 - Jul 3 with 4540 viewskingsburyR

Great opening bid.

That'll sort out the wheat from the chaff!!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:43 - Jul 3 with 4529 viewsBasingstokeR

£12m doesn't get you 100% of a Nathaniel Clyne; keep going bidders!
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:48 - Jul 3 with 4488 viewsGloucs_R

The Leicester owners are friends with TF and co. Call me cynical but I think this may be a favour to get the ball rolling.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 13:08 - Jul 3 with 4374 viewsHayesender

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:48 - Jul 3 by Gloucs_R

The Leicester owners are friends with TF and co. Call me cynical but I think this may be a favour to get the ball rolling.

You beat me to it. Some sort of deal being struck ala chris Samba.

No way on hells earth did we pay £12 million for him and then get it back a few months later

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 13:17 - Jul 3 with 4308 viewsGetMeRangers

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 12:31 - Jul 3 by JonDoeman

He'll hang around a bit longer than January if we don't sell him & go on a free, with a whacking great big signing on fee.

This means he cant lose. Which I hope is good news for us

Sell in Jan and by then he may well have scored enough goals to mean we are effectively safe from relegation, and will still command a good fee by then

On my cloud in cuckoo land, his goals may have propelled to competing for promotion or play offs by Jan and even then worth the risk of losing 15 million for the chance of promotion

The boards figure of 15 million must take some of that into account. That is what they believe he is worth to us???
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 13:24 - Jul 3 with 4258 viewsGloucs_R

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 13:17 - Jul 3 by GetMeRangers

This means he cant lose. Which I hope is good news for us

Sell in Jan and by then he may well have scored enough goals to mean we are effectively safe from relegation, and will still command a good fee by then

On my cloud in cuckoo land, his goals may have propelled to competing for promotion or play offs by Jan and even then worth the risk of losing 15 million for the chance of promotion

The boards figure of 15 million must take some of that into account. That is what they believe he is worth to us???

He wont stay. He'll be gone by the end of the transfer window.

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 13:34 - Jul 3 with 4187 viewsJeff

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 13:24 - Jul 3 by Gloucs_R

He wont stay. He'll be gone by the end of the transfer window.

Guaranteed. the fear is that we do 'a Remy', and come the end of the window a club in the premier league panics and does an 11th hour £15m bid, which is lovely for the bank balance, but not so much for the squad and cohesion.

ideally he's gone for £15m before our first pre-season game, and we all wave him off with a tear in our eyes...

Can we not knock it?

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 14:21 - Jul 3 with 4033 viewsAntti_Heinola

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 13:08 - Jul 3 by Hayesender

You beat me to it. Some sort of deal being struck ala chris Samba.

No way on hells earth did we pay £12 million for him and then get it back a few months later

Well no, primarily because virtually no major transfer on earth happens where one club writes a massive great cheque to another club when they sign a player. It'll have been in installments and the major likelihood is that we paid about £1m-£2m of that, and Zenit wiped the slate clean to take him back.

Bare bones.

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 14:40 - Jul 3 with 3967 viewsLythamR

We have already signed 2 starting strikers so the Remy factor isnt an issue

We can afford to wait on this one
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 14:43 - Jul 3 with 3949 viewsQPunkR

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 14:40 - Jul 3 by LythamR

We have already signed 2 starting strikers so the Remy factor isnt an issue

We can afford to wait on this one

Yep, the Poltergeist and Mackie, along with Grego-Cox as backup so far

QPR - "shit but local"

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 14:58 - Jul 3 with 3907 viewsadhoc_qpr

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 14:43 - Jul 3 by QPunkR

Yep, the Poltergeist and Mackie, along with Grego-Cox as backup so far

Mackie is a good wideman in a front 3, but not at his best as a central striker.

We need at least two more strikers, preferably one of them with Championship experience.
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 16:03 - Jul 3 with 3754 viewsQPunkR

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 14:58 - Jul 3 by adhoc_qpr

Mackie is a good wideman in a front 3, but not at his best as a central striker.

We need at least two more strikers, preferably one of them with Championship experience.

I forgot about JET as well!
If Ramsey's preference is for 4-3-3 then Mackie's perfek for that. I'd imagine a big German centrepoint, flanked by probably Mackster and JETman

QPR - "shit but local"

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 16:27 - Jul 3 with 3680 viewsGloucs_R

I'm hearing Carlton Cole may be in bound too.

As long as the wages were reasonable, I wouldnt mind him on a years contract.

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 16:37 - Jul 3 with 3635 viewsadhoc_qpr

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 16:03 - Jul 3 by QPunkR

I forgot about JET as well!
If Ramsey's preference is for 4-3-3 then Mackie's perfek for that. I'd imagine a big German centrepoint, flanked by probably Mackster and JETman

I keep forgetting about JET, but he is more of a number 10 type than a wide forward.
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 17:33 - Jul 3 with 3514 viewsBasingstokeR

If Leicester did spend over the rejected £12m on Charlie...

that'd be some sizeable spending on strikers over the last couple of seasons added to;

Shinji Okazaki - £7m
Leonardo Ulloa - £8m
Andrej Kramarić - £9m
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 17:48 - Jul 3 with 3468 viewswestberksr

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 13:34 - Jul 3 by Jeff

Guaranteed. the fear is that we do 'a Remy', and come the end of the window a club in the premier league panics and does an 11th hour £15m bid, which is lovely for the bank balance, but not so much for the squad and cohesion.

ideally he's gone for £15m before our first pre-season game, and we all wave him off with a tear in our eyes...

Even if he goes late there is still the option of a loan in the championship iirc. So not quite the same chance of getting shafted as last year.

But at least the Foxes have got the bidding started for real
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 17:54]
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 18:24 - Jul 3 with 3383 viewsrrrspricey

Am resigned to losing Chas so would rather he went ASAP.

If any funds generated by sales are earmarked for squad improvement we need to get the deals done now to give the squad time to 'gel'.

If we've learnt anything from recent seasons, not leaving most of our business until Jimmy White day HAS to be one...Shirley?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 18:39]
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 18:31 - Jul 3 with 3369 viewsGetMeRangers

What happens if we accept an offer , from say Leicester or Newcastle, and Charlie doesnt want to go. I assume he doesnt just want to go to any Prem league club?

Do you you just get a statement that a player couldnt agree terms?
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 19:47 - Jul 3 with 3255 viewsAndyB

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 18:31 - Jul 3 by GetMeRangers

What happens if we accept an offer , from say Leicester or Newcastle, and Charlie doesnt want to go. I assume he doesnt just want to go to any Prem league club?

Do you you just get a statement that a player couldnt agree terms?

Yes - in the same way we don't have to sell him cos he's still under contract - he doesn't have to go for the same reason.
Although this would be offset by a good pay-off to go as we would be breaking the terms of his contract. Unless the contract States "you will go to whatever club we agree a fee with" which I highly doubt.
Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 21:13 - Jul 3 with 3117 viewsfakekerby

Leicester bid for Charlie Austin rejected on 19:47 - Jul 3 by AndyB

Yes - in the same way we don't have to sell him cos he's still under contract - he doesn't have to go for the same reason.
Although this would be offset by a good pay-off to go as we would be breaking the terms of his contract. Unless the contract States "you will go to whatever club we agree a fee with" which I highly doubt.

Watford have been offered 10 mil for some lad I've never even heard of.

If we can't get 15 for Austin the world has gone mad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024