Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poncey drinks. 15:37 - Jul 3 with 4880 viewsTheBlob

Just had a phone call from my Notting Hillbilly (QPR supporting)bruv who is at Sandown."Blobbbbb...i've just won oodles on Miniaturist,just into my second jug of Pimms ...."
What the f*ck is Pimms?Any good?What other poncey concoctions are there out there you wouldn't be seen drinking?
[Post edited 3 Jul 2015 15:38]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Poncey drinks. on 18:11 - Jul 3 with 1987 viewsHOOPNO7

Brandy Sours are great during hot weather, got a taste for them while living in Cyprus always went well with Leon or Keo Beer. Or a well made Mojito, can drink them all night & then can't remember a thing the next day.
Poncey drinks. on 18:27 - Jul 3 with 1970 viewsRosieG

As a devote bitter drinker, lager eurofizz is a ponce's drink.
Poncey drinks. on 19:05 - Jul 3 with 1952 viewsrrrspricey

Has an amazing whisky and Baileys based cocktail at the Abode hotel in Canterbury recently.

So nice in fact that Mrs P and I ran up a bar bill just shy of £200 in a relatively short space of time. Wish I could remember what it was called and get the recipe..liquid nectar.

Needless to say breakfast was missed the next morning.
Poncey drinks. on 21:32 - Jul 3 with 1875 viewsBlackCrowe

Pims and lemonade is hell on earth on it's on. But with a slug of gin or vodka or best of all sloe fine, well then you're talking.

Whilst on the subject, I can drink caiparinhas until the cows come. and do.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Poncey drinks. on 21:47 - Jul 3 with 1872 viewsrongould

My favourite poncey drink is a real Negroni
Fill a large wine glass with ice
Add a slice of orange
Double shot Campari
Double shot Martini Rossi
Double shot Bombay Saphire Gin
Stir
Drink.
As made in Barratti et Milano,Torino.
Poncey drinks. on 22:31 - Jul 3 with 1834 viewsjohncharles

Long glass
2 parts Vodka
1 part Cointreau
Ice
Top up with lemonade
Slice of lime

A civilised way to get pissed in hot weather

Strong and stable my arse.

Poncey drinks. on 22:49 - Jul 3 with 1818 viewsSimonJames

The missus used to make me go with her to a poncey wine bar to meet her friends.
Then I discovered I could buy cocktails by the jug, so I would sit and drink a jug, or maybe two.
After that her friends were too shocked and she was too embarrassed... so I didn't have to go any more.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Poncey drinks. on 00:10 - Jul 4 with 1789 viewskarl

Used to drink a bottle of Creme de Menthe on xmas day, very rarely otherwise but now i work on boxing day so havent done it for a couple of years. Got 2 or 3 bottles waiting for a new day to be announced 'Creme de Menthe Day' decisions decisions...

As an aside i have had to go on a gluten free diet which obviously rules out beer and i just dont seem to like any of the various ciders, does anyone know of easily available gluten free alternatives? I like red wine and really was all i drank at home anyway but would be nice to have an alternative for the pub as it just seems too easy to get sh*tfaced, Got a stag weekend soon and 3 days of red wine is looming!
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 1:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Poncey drinks. on 01:05 - Jul 4 with 1775 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There's a poster on here who was up in front of a judge back in the early 90's for a relatively human offence who, when asked to say a few words for himself, stated that he'd imbibed an odd concoction of fluids which led to a temporary realignment of his normally trenchant principles.

The judge interrupted him, nodding sympathetically, with:-

"Grape and grain, never the twain,
Lucozade and gin, never again"

and, with a sharp bang of the gavel,

"Case dismissed".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Poncey drinks. on 06:22 - Jul 4 with 1732 viewsLadbrokeR

It seems as if the real insult here judging by the range beverages that people occasionally prefer is that your pal is a Notting hill billy. The reason that I say this is because Pimms isn't exactly an elitist preserve. I have don't know your pal but Nottting hill Billy is shorthand for: Not having grown up in W11 but now lives and owns a property there. They often have a large disposable income and very often don't have to work this is why they are sometimes called trustafarians. They tend to eat and drink at very expensive places like the Electric and E&O. They probably know a few locals mainly through their dealer. I am just someone from Ladbroke Grove that quite likes a glass of chilled Rose'. So I am interested what's a Notting Hill Billy ?
Poncey drinks. on 09:17 - Jul 4 with 1688 viewsTheBlob

Poncey drinks. on 06:22 - Jul 4 by LadbrokeR

It seems as if the real insult here judging by the range beverages that people occasionally prefer is that your pal is a Notting hill billy. The reason that I say this is because Pimms isn't exactly an elitist preserve. I have don't know your pal but Nottting hill Billy is shorthand for: Not having grown up in W11 but now lives and owns a property there. They often have a large disposable income and very often don't have to work this is why they are sometimes called trustafarians. They tend to eat and drink at very expensive places like the Electric and E&O. They probably know a few locals mainly through their dealer. I am just someone from Ladbroke Grove that quite likes a glass of chilled Rose'. So I am interested what's a Notting Hill Billy ?

Who,Phil?
That's my bruv,born in London works in West London has always been in West London although supposed to be retired,very rude to waiters.Used to be MD of Dobson Books(the Dobson family were all insane R's fans as well)which had a wicked Science Fiction list.Bought his west london gaff when prices were on the floor in the seventies - rough area then.
We don't have much to do with him anymore.

Notting Hillbillies just a generic term for denizens of that area.Not like they're shotgun totin' yokels with mouths like burnt-out fuseboxes.
Mind you........
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 9:35]

Poncey drinks. on 09:47 - Jul 4 with 1658 viewsDorse

My friend and I used to try to come up with 'Manly' cocktails. Never made any of them but the idea amused us. My favourite was the 'Flaming Retard': absinthe, aftershock and tabasco sauce, set on fire and snorted up the nose through a straw.

Have a raging hangover today. Children have gone feral. Wife missing, presumed annoyed
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 9:58]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Poncey drinks. on 09:59 - Jul 4 with 1649 viewsTheBlob

Poncey drinks. on 09:47 - Jul 4 by Dorse

My friend and I used to try to come up with 'Manly' cocktails. Never made any of them but the idea amused us. My favourite was the 'Flaming Retard': absinthe, aftershock and tabasco sauce, set on fire and snorted up the nose through a straw.

Have a raging hangover today. Children have gone feral. Wife missing, presumed annoyed

Ours mainly involved Harpic.

Poncey drinks. on 11:47 - Jul 4 with 1608 viewsLadbrokeR

Poncey drinks. on 09:17 - Jul 4 by TheBlob

Who,Phil?
That's my bruv,born in London works in West London has always been in West London although supposed to be retired,very rude to waiters.Used to be MD of Dobson Books(the Dobson family were all insane R's fans as well)which had a wicked Science Fiction list.Bought his west london gaff when prices were on the floor in the seventies - rough area then.
We don't have much to do with him anymore.

Notting Hillbillies just a generic term for denizens of that area.Not like they're shotgun totin' yokels with mouths like burnt-out fuseboxes.
Mind you........
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 9:35]

That makes me a Notting Hill Billy
Poncey drinks. on 13:12 - Jul 4 with 1568 viewsFDC

Poncey drinks. on 09:47 - Jul 4 by Dorse

I once knew a girl who's favorite tipple was, I shit you not, tequila snorted off a spoon. She didn't do it in a competition-drinking (or snorting?) kind of way, it was just how she had it. She was off the hook.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 13:14]
Poncey drinks. on 13:13 - Jul 4 with 1542 viewsFDC

I also have a mate who insists that red wine and cola is a nice drink. And he's not even a tramp, he's a Cisco network engineer.
[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 13:15]
Poncey drinks. on 13:17 - Jul 4 with 1535 viewsDesertBoot

Amaretto with Coca Cola tastes like an alcoholic Dr Pepper. Lovely drink.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Poncey drinks. (n/t) on 14:07 - Jul 4 with 1518 viewsNov77

[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 14:08]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Poncey drinks. on 14:48 - Jul 4 with 1501 viewsloftboy

Does price count as poncey, just gone in that bar at Waterloo, only had peroni on draught and a diet coke for my boy, nearly 8 quid.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Poncey drinks. on 14:50 - Jul 4 with 1494 viewsFDC

^^^ [falls off chair]

London is crazy.
Poncey drinks. (n/t) on 14:51 - Jul 4 with 1492 viewsFDC

Poncey drinks. (n/t) on 14:07 - Jul 4 by Nov77

[Post edited 4 Jul 2015 14:08]

Intrigued by just how poncy this was for it to have been edited out
Poncey drinks. on 15:08 - Jul 4 with 1479 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Poncey drinks. on 17:53 - Jul 3 by westberksr

Bloody hell, did you drink it straight from the bottle!?

Made correctly with a bit of poncy fruit and veg mixed in it can not the spot in the summer. Bit too easy to throw down your neck though if you're not careful.

Also like a vodka, lime and soda; although preferably when wearing linen to complete the look of 'total vvanker'

Didn't have any poncy veg or fruit and I doubt a carrot and potato would've made it any better, so I mixed a splash of lemonade with it.

Love my Vodka too. Keep meaning to order a bottle of Dan Aykroyd's Crystal Head vodka. The bottle is wicked!

Poncey drinks. on 09:59 - Jul 5 with 1350 viewsSINGINGDETECTIVE

Crystal skull is lethal its so pure if you drink it neat it tastes like water ,

Peach schnapps has seen me in the gutter on more than one occassion
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024