Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phillips to Baggies 11:51 - Jul 5 with 8361 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Bugger, I was hoping he'd be kept

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-closing-matt-phil
Phillips to Baggies on 11:59 - Jul 5 with 5294 viewsRBlock

So was I, he would tear the Championship apart. That being said, it does say we would be getting more than £7 million which isn't bad. I'd want to keep him but that is good money, and between that and Austin money we could bring some decent talent in. Adomah from Boro would be a good replacement down the right, a naturally left sided player would be a touch also.
Phillips to Baggies on 12:05 - Jul 5 with 5254 viewspaulparker

in todays football 7 million is a steal ,especially for a home-grown winger ,
still it could have been worse if Bagpuss had remained we could have ended up with Aaron Lennon, or David Bentley on mega wages while we sold phillips to Palace for a million

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Phillips to Baggies on 12:08 - Jul 5 with 5242 viewsTacticalR

A real shame as it's taken him a long, long time to come good with us.

Air hostess clique

Phillips to Baggies on 12:26 - Jul 5 with 5129 viewsCHUBBS

We shouldn't let him go for anything less than 10 million.
He was magnificent once Redknapp left and is still only 24.
He has everything to make it at a higher level than West Brom are at so if he is only going for 7/8 million we've yet again been done.
Phillips to Baggies on 12:29 - Jul 5 with 5105 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Phillips to Baggies on 12:31 - Jul 5 with 5089 viewsLblock

Mentions Caulker as well there I see

Why can't we get canny like other clubs have done to us and say it has to be a double deal for £16M?!

Phillips would've been one I'd kept but any decent bid will see our players go as Old Oak Common fades, Bungle finally reaching the bottom of his easy pockets and FFP looming large

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Phillips to Baggies on 12:31 - Jul 5 with 5075 viewsCHUBBS

Phillips to Baggies on 12:29 - Jul 5 by JonDoeman

Good imo he shouldn't be sold unless we're offered stupid money.
The bloke is class and will be an absolute beast in The Championship.
I couldn't see us replacing him unless we spend stupid so whats the point?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 12:32]
Phillips to Baggies on 12:33 - Jul 5 with 5046 viewsJonDoeman

Phillips to Baggies on 12:31 - Jul 5 by CHUBBS

I think they'll deal at 8.

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Phillips to Baggies on 12:35 - Jul 5 with 5041 viewsLadbrokeR

Phillips to Baggies on 12:31 - Jul 5 by CHUBBS

It has got be said that Phiilips was a Ramsey coaching achievement
Phillips to Baggies on 12:40 - Jul 5 with 5013 viewsTacticalR

It's not surprising that West Brom are keen on him. I had him down as MOTM when we played them away:
http://fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/142761/motm

Air hostess clique

Phillips to Baggies on 12:43 - Jul 5 with 4969 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Phillips to Baggies on 12:29 - Jul 5 by JonDoeman

Excellent! Hopefully that £10m price tag will be enough to ensure he stays.
Phillips to Baggies on 12:46 - Jul 5 with 4952 viewsLadbrokeR

Phillips to Baggies on 12:40 - Jul 5 by TacticalR

It's not surprising that West Brom are keen on him. I had him down as MOTM when we played them away:
http://fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/142761/motm

West brom away a top day out. A great drink in Easter sunshine possibly a faint glimmer of survival still around. A good Rangers turn out. I went mental when Vargas scored. The win away song. Then there was that feeling of despite being in front in the back of your mind you felt that it could all go crooked any second. A few more days like that please COYRs
Phillips to Baggies on 14:37 - Jul 5 with 4648 viewsLblock

Phillips to Baggies on 12:46 - Jul 5 by LadbrokeR

West brom away a top day out. A great drink in Easter sunshine possibly a faint glimmer of survival still around. A good Rangers turn out. I went mental when Vargas scored. The win away song. Then there was that feeling of despite being in front in the back of your mind you felt that it could all go crooked any second. A few more days like that please COYRs

Such a shame Derby away is midweek

I was hoping for some early season sunshine, a champagne bar meet at Saint Panc and the "oh Bobby..." song for 90 minutes solid!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Phillips to Baggies on 15:32 - Jul 5 with 4452 views08olesen

I reckon he is about 50/50 between poor performances and great performances. He looks a real confidence player, and when he is low on confidence he is useless. 8 mil is not bad IMO. Sell Hoilet too for 2.5 and bring in Demari Gray for 3/4 mill and Gnabry on loan from Arsenal.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Phillips to Baggies on 16:00 - Jul 5 with 4341 viewsTheBlob

Result.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Phillips to Baggies on 19:41 - Jul 5 with 3906 viewsDWQPR

Phillips to Baggies on 15:32 - Jul 5 by 08olesen

I reckon he is about 50/50 between poor performances and great performances. He looks a real confidence player, and when he is low on confidence he is useless. 8 mil is not bad IMO. Sell Hoilet too for 2.5 and bring in Demari Gray for 3/4 mill and Gnabry on loan from Arsenal.

Phillips proved he is good when he has a very attacking full back behind him like Isla. Once he was supported by Onouha he was far less effective. Was totally dominated by Cresswell at home to Wham. He had a great spell starting away at Sunderland for a couple of months. Does have a good shot on him though. Think £10million would be an awesome result. And forget about Gray from Brum for £3-4million. They told Bournemouth to foxtrot Oscar at £7million in January. Excellent little player. Personally I would go and get Che Adams from Sheff Utd.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Phillips to Baggies on 20:12 - Jul 5 with 3797 viewsbosh67

After Ramsey took over Phillips was a revelation but I think he is a confidence player. If Pullis doesn't get on with him it may not work out. North of 7 million is good money and to be honest I would have been surprised if he stayed. There are other wingers out there.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Phillips to Baggies on 20:38 - Jul 5 with 3717 viewsSpiritofGregory

Phillips to Baggies on 12:05 - Jul 5 by paulparker

in todays football 7 million is a steal ,especially for a home-grown winger ,
still it could have been worse if Bagpuss had remained we could have ended up with Aaron Lennon, or David Bentley on mega wages while we sold phillips to Palace for a million

£7m is a steal, Crystal Place have valued their winger Bolasie at much more than £7m.
Phillips to Baggies on 22:17 - Jul 5 with 3572 viewsGetMeRangers

Phillips to Baggies on 20:38 - Jul 5 by SpiritofGregory

£7m is a steal, Crystal Place have valued their winger Bolasie at much more than £7m.

I thought you only wanted to keep Austin and Ale and the rest are overpaid mercenaries
Phillips to Baggies on 22:42 - Jul 5 with 3479 viewsDeano19766

Phillips to Baggies on 11:59 - Jul 5 by RBlock

So was I, he would tear the Championship apart. That being said, it does say we would be getting more than £7 million which isn't bad. I'd want to keep him but that is good money, and between that and Austin money we could bring some decent talent in. Adomah from Boro would be a good replacement down the right, a naturally left sided player would be a touch also.

Why does everyone keep saying if we get this for Austin or that for Phillips we can make some great signings? What makes you so sure it will be re-invested? The board have written of tens of millions of pounds of debt recently so I would imagine any money from the sale of either will go towards recouping some of that surely?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2015 22:46]
Phillips to Baggies on 22:55 - Jul 5 with 3433 viewsPunteR

I think for the sake of his career he should stay with us but he'll probably go where the money is.
I don't know what's better financially,selling our best players and getting £20 mill or trying to get back to the premier league for £80 mill or whatever it is..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Phillips to Baggies on 23:27 - Jul 5 with 3368 viewsqpr1976

With Ramsey & Les not exactly brimming with confidence of getting promoted again next season, most players (Austin, Phillips, Fer, Caulker, etc.) are hardly likely to want to stay with us.
If your Management is suggesting a period of downsizing financially (wages) and being happy to stabilise and finish mid table, you're quite likely to want to jump ship and enjoy Premiership wages ASAP !
Phillips to Baggies on 23:49 - Jul 5 with 3315 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Phillips to Baggies on 20:38 - Jul 5 by SpiritofGregory

How much?
Phillips to Baggies on 03:18 - Jul 6 with 3213 viewsBklynRanger

If we rejected it that quickly I wonder if it's on the basis of Phiilps being happy to play for Ramsey?

He'll certainly have a lot of loyalty to him as he's said before.
Phillips to Baggies on 07:31 - Jul 6 with 3100 viewsdaveB

It's going back to the old QPR way, improve a player and sell him on then buy a replacement for less money. Expect Adomha from Middlesbrough to come in, he's a QPR fan as well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024