Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have another Centre Back please? 23:50 - Jul 5 with 17319 viewsDorse

Starting to get a bit worried now, Chris. A big, nasty bar-steward who would tackle a concrete effigy of King Kong if it looked on-side in the box.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 08:44 - Jul 6 with 6467 viewsYorkRanger

Richard Dunne then
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 08:47 - Jul 6 with 6452 viewsMvpeter

A right back is probably more pressing.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:04 - Jul 6 with 6413 viewsTheBlob

Get the impressive former U21 Lewis Dunk from Brighton - mentioned him before.
Toon are now sniffing around but he may not want to go up there(would you?)
Gets forward as well and bagged 7 goals last term.
Seagulls are mentioning £5m - peanuts.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 9:09]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:30 - Jul 6 with 6337 viewsganjR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:04 - Jul 6 by TheBlob

Get the impressive former U21 Lewis Dunk from Brighton - mentioned him before.
Toon are now sniffing around but he may not want to go up there(would you?)
Gets forward as well and bagged 7 goals last term.
Seagulls are mentioning £5m - peanuts.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2015 9:09]

I think they are trying Harriman and Furlong at RB.
We will get another CB IF we sell Caulker as I think they will keep Donaldson or maybe Wise as 4th choice CB.
We need a LB, maybe Hendrie on loan from Weat Ham, to fight it out with Yun. Hill isn't an option (or is a last option) for LB and Traore will be gone on loan if it can be sorted.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:37 - Jul 6 with 6308 viewsDiscodroids

look no further than Camila Batmanghelidjh.

this angel of Peckham already has the PM in her pocket so a 18 year old likely lad on a YTS From the sink estates of huddersfield in the championship ,should pose no problem for this 25 stone maverick.

i certainly would'nt go within 50 yards of the penalty area with Ben grimm's psychedelic sister on patrol.

With the uproar over our latest shit kit , with her nous for sartorial elegance and down- with- the -kids- cutting- edge ethos , Camila could advise the board on a new kit....Perhaps something inspired by the blanket that covers charlie Buckets bedbound grandparents in 'charlie and the chocloate factory'..she certainly has a golden ticket or two stashed away in that turban of hers..

if not, i like the look of Richard Stearman at wolves .

who will probably win the league by ten points this season.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:40 - Jul 6 with 6302 viewsstevec

Can't see Caulker going anywhere after 2 consecutive seasons of sub standard defending. Probably in his best interest to rethink career with us.

Agree we need someone at CB who can win tackles but that goes for midfield too, basically a spine to the team.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:45 - Jul 6 with 6285 viewsWilloW4

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:30 - Jul 6 by ganjR

We will get another CB IF we sell Caulker as I think they will keep Donaldson or maybe Wise as 4th choice CB.
We need a LB, maybe Hendrie on loan from Weat Ham, to fight it out with Yun. Hill isn't an option (or is a last option) for LB and Traore will be gone on loan if it can be sorted.

'Traore will be gone on loan if it can be sorted'.....oh yes please, sell him, loan him out , anything but he's got to go (to where? And who would have him).. Him and toilet to leave would be wonderful..let the deadwood float away and disappear from loftus road... Then roll on the season, and dig the new breed.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 6258 viewsWokingR

Found him

Login to get fewer ads

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:02 - Jul 6 with 6212 viewsMvpeter

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 09:30 - Jul 6 by ganjR

Two youth players in the same position at the same time? Sounds like a risk to me. Don't mind the second and third choices being unproven young players but thrusting them into starting roles sounds dangerous.

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:04 - Jul 6 with 6208 viewsdaveB

Harriman must be in his early 20's by now so can't really be considered a kid anymore. Might as well give them a go, can always look elsewhere if it doesn't work out
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:07 - Jul 6 with 6191 viewsQPunkR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:02 - Jul 6 by Mvpeter

Two youth players in the same position at the same time? Sounds like a risk to me. Don't mind the second and third choices being unproven young players but thrusting them into starting roles sounds dangerous.

Not exactly inexperienced though. Harriman's made over 100 league appearances already, though admittedly at a lower level. Nevertheless, he was never overshadowed in the couple of goes he's had in the top flight, and indeed was our only good performer at Anfield.
We need to get out of the habit of wanting new players all the time. LB and RB are well covered imo.

QPR - "shit but local"

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:16 - Jul 6 with 6162 viewsMvpeter

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:04 - Jul 6 by daveB

Harriman must be in his early 20's by now so can't really be considered a kid anymore. Might as well give them a go, can always look elsewhere if it doesn't work out

It's not that he's a kid, he's just quite the unknown. I'm more inclined to think Furlong will come through anyway but it's a big responsibility thrust upon them.

One extreme to the other if we do that.

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:18 - Jul 6 with 6142 viewsMvpeter

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:07 - Jul 6 by QPunkR

Not exactly inexperienced though. Harriman's made over 100 league appearances already, though admittedly at a lower level. Nevertheless, he was never overshadowed in the couple of goes he's had in the top flight, and indeed was our only good performer at Anfield.
We need to get out of the habit of wanting new players all the time. LB and RB are well covered imo.

Last season we had one full back for both positions. We've lost a makeshift one. I hardly think it's unreasonable to expect one to be signed.

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:20 - Jul 6 with 6121 viewsQPunkR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:18 - Jul 6 by Mvpeter

Last season we had one full back for both positions. We've lost a makeshift one. I hardly think it's unreasonable to expect one to be signed.

We've got Harriman and Furlong right. We've got Yun and Traore left.
Onuoha and Hill can also cover them respectably. Not sure how many players we want for each position on the pitch.

QPR - "shit but local"

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:21 - Jul 6 with 6120 viewsBlackandGoldR

Personally I think Caulker will go late in the window to a West Brom/Aston Villa type (If Vlaar goes) but I think we want to keep him and build an Onuoha-Caulker partnership. Think they will do a job in the championship. Hill is 3rd choice (at the moment) and younger lads are 4th so losing Ehmer could be a loss.
Right Back is Furlongs/Harrimans and LB is Yuns, Robinson wont be back for a while. So a loan LB from the prem and a new CB is what we need next.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:24 - Jul 6 with 6112 viewsantoknee64

What happened to the lad {right back,if I remember) we bought from Liverpool and sent out on loan,i know he got an injury whilst out but is he not in the frame ?.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:27 - Jul 6 with 6102 viewsQPunkR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:24 - Jul 6 by antoknee64

What happened to the lad {right back,if I remember) we bought from Liverpool and sent out on loan,i know he got an injury whilst out but is he not in the frame ?.

Out 'til next year.

QPR - "shit but local"

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:35 - Jul 6 with 6074 viewsMvpeter

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:20 - Jul 6 by QPunkR

Onuoha and Hill can also cover them respectably. Not sure how many players we want for each position on the pitch.

On the right we have unknown quantities that have less than half a dozen appearances between them. Every club has a number of young players, in every position but that's not a reason not to sign anyone.

On the left we have Yun, Traore does not and can not play left back and hasn't outside of brief sub appearances for years.

Hill and Onohua are both the 2nd and 3rd choice centrebacks and are completely incapable of playing the positions to an acceptable level.

So some would be a start. This is one of the defining failures of last season.

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:43 - Jul 6 with 6047 viewsQPunkR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:35 - Jul 6 by Mvpeter

On the right we have unknown quantities that have less than half a dozen appearances between them. Every club has a number of young players, in every position but that's not a reason not to sign anyone.

On the left we have Yun, Traore does not and can not play left back and hasn't outside of brief sub appearances for years.

Hill and Onohua are both the 2nd and 3rd choice centrebacks and are completely incapable of playing the positions to an acceptable level.

So some would be a start. This is one of the defining failures of last season.

Unknown to you perhaps, but I'm sure (or at least hope!) the Club has been keeping an eye on Harriman over his 100+ professional appearances on loan elsewhere

QPR - "shit but local"

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:46 - Jul 6 with 6034 viewsMvpeter

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:43 - Jul 6 by QPunkR

Unknown to you perhaps, but I'm sure (or at least hope!) the Club has been keeping an eye on Harriman over his 100+ professional appearances on loan elsewhere

Ha at least hope is right.

No chance in hell.

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:50 - Jul 6 with 6021 viewsPhilmyRs

We do need an extra centre back. Onouha’s fitness record hasn’t been great for some time. Hill will be useful cover but we’d benefit from another which wouldn’t surprise me if it turned out to be Dunne. Personally I wouldn’t be against bringing Matt Connolly back on a short term contract but I doubt that will happen.

Regarding our right back options, I don’t think either Furlong or Harriman should be first choice right backs next season. Harriman, I’m not sure he’ll ever be good enough although happy to be proved wrong whilst Furlong although lots of potential, is still raw and needs to bulk up a fair bit. I fear he’d be roughed up next season but in a year’s time after gaining experience in the lower leagues and building his upper body strength, I think he’d be physically and mentally ready to challenge for a place. Not yet for me.

I think Danny Simpson showed in the promotion season how vital an attack minded full back that understands the position can be to a team. I’d welcome someone of a similar ilk.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:53 - Jul 6 with 6003 viewsganjR

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:46 - Jul 6 by Mvpeter

Ha at least hope is right.

No chance in hell.

The club has stated that we will be a place where young players can see the path to the first team. Harriman was going to sign for Luton before. Promises were made to him.
We are building something here and that'll take time. Harriman and Furlong will get their chances, if they don't take them, then we sign someone for that position, we cannot just keep buying players!
If Harriman WASN'T our player, we'd all be hailing his signing from Luton, saying 'over 100 league games, still young, big step up, but looks good and Ramsey will coach him well.'
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:56 - Jul 6 with 5990 viewsfakekerby

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:50 - Jul 6 by PhilmyRs

We do need an extra centre back. Onouha’s fitness record hasn’t been great for some time. Hill will be useful cover but we’d benefit from another which wouldn’t surprise me if it turned out to be Dunne. Personally I wouldn’t be against bringing Matt Connolly back on a short term contract but I doubt that will happen.

Regarding our right back options, I don’t think either Furlong or Harriman should be first choice right backs next season. Harriman, I’m not sure he’ll ever be good enough although happy to be proved wrong whilst Furlong although lots of potential, is still raw and needs to bulk up a fair bit. I fear he’d be roughed up next season but in a year’s time after gaining experience in the lower leagues and building his upper body strength, I think he’d be physically and mentally ready to challenge for a place. Not yet for me.

I think Danny Simpson showed in the promotion season how vital an attack minded full back that understands the position can be to a team. I’d welcome someone of a similar ilk.

Both Simpson and Bradley Orr showed a steady-eddy full back can be a very important part of the puzzle. Neither were flashy, they just knew the role well.

I think Harriman is entitled to a shot at the position, but it's way too soon for Furlong. He needs a couple of seasons out on loan at the very least.

I'd sign an experienced right back for this season with Harriman rotating so he gets 20-25 games.

It's not just about shoving kids into the starting 11 willy nilly. As Les says it's about creating a pathway, even if an experienced pro comes in and does the job for a year while the younger player gains some experience, without necessarily being thrown in at the deep end every game.
Can we have another Centre Back please? on 11:01 - Jul 6 with 5975 viewsMvpeter

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:53 - Jul 6 by ganjR

The club has stated that we will be a place where young players can see the path to the first team. Harriman was going to sign for Luton before. Promises were made to him.
We are building something here and that'll take time. Harriman and Furlong will get their chances, if they don't take them, then we sign someone for that position, we cannot just keep buying players!
If Harriman WASN'T our player, we'd all be hailing his signing from Luton, saying 'over 100 league games, still young, big step up, but looks good and Ramsey will coach him well.'

So that retroactively means they've been watching him all this time? It actually means the opposite, there was no pathway for the vast majority of these players time here and they were basically disregarded.

I think it's time to accept just how little truth is in the clubs statements anyway.

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 11:05 - Jul 6 with 5968 viewsDylanP

Can we have another Centre Back please? on 10:20 - Jul 6 by QPunkR

This.

It is true that our defense was our weakness last year. It is also true that we were playing in the Premiership last year and that next year we will be playing in the Championship. There is simply no comparison between Aguero, Kane and Costa (top scorers in the Prem) and Daryl Murphy, Jordan Rhodes, and Callum Willson (top scorers in the Championship). No disrespect to the Championship players, but the Premiership is the best league in the world with every top team having world class strikers. Hopefully, our defense is much better equipped against what the Championship has to offer.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024