Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henry to re-sign 10:12 - Jul 6 with 11551 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-man-set-to-sign-new-contract
Henry to re-sign on 19:50 - Jul 6 with 2742 viewskensalriser

Henry to re-sign on 19:02 - Jul 6 by bosh67

I think Rodney is wrong on this one. We are about unearthing new talent and putting solid pros around them with experience. Henry I think has been excellent. He's done exactly what Derry did and jus t as well apart from the fact that everyone loved Derry and few give Henry any credit at all. For me Henry was one of our better players last season. He does the ugly stuff very well and with little fuss.

What new talent have we unearthed in the last five years?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Henry to re-sign on 19:58 - Jul 6 with 2730 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Feckin' moaning minnies, we've got an experienced midfielder on the cheap, deal with it!
Henry to re-sign on 20:41 - Jul 6 with 2665 viewsDylanP

Henry to re-sign on 19:50 - Jul 6 by kensalriser

What new talent have we unearthed in the last five years?

Err…. how about Charlie Austin?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Henry to re-sign on 22:37 - Jul 6 with 2540 viewswestberksr

Henry to re-sign on 11:37 - Jul 6 by Mvpeter

Better than Barton and Sandro? Really?

Didn't punch anyone in the nuts in a key game or put himself out for 3 months celebrating a training ground goal, so fundamentally yes.
Henry to re-sign on 22:46 - Jul 6 with 2527 viewswestberksr

Glad to see rodnee putting his years of managerial ans scouting experience to good use and spouting off to anyone that will listen. Would love to know what he's contributed to the game in the last 20 years, let alone the last 5.

Isn't a season defining signing but equally not a season ending one.
Henry to re-sign on 22:56 - Jul 6 with 2504 viewsdavman

Henry to re-sign on 20:41 - Jul 6 by DylanP

Err…. how about Charlie Austin?

So, Swindon and Burnley had nowt to do with'unearthing' Charlie then? I guess no-one knew of him 'til he came to the Rs?

Silly me!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Henry to re-sign on 23:12 - Jul 6 with 2478 viewsPunteR

Henry to re-sign on 22:56 - Jul 6 by davman

So, Swindon and Burnley had nowt to do with'unearthing' Charlie then? I guess no-one knew of him 'til he came to the Rs?

Silly me!

Failed the medical at Hull,we took him,now playing for England and was one of the top scorer's last season,so I think we can take some credit.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Henry to re-sign on 23:15 - Jul 6 with 2473 viewsPunteR

Henry to re-sign on 13:10 - Jul 6 by Antti_Heinola

you mean the league where he couldn't get in the side ahead of Gary O'Neil and was dropped for most of the season after an abominable performance against Burnley?

Club don't want him, Ramsey doesn't want him, they made that clear. Sadly he had the option to extend.

Fervently hope we see very little of him.

I bet he plays against Charlton.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Henry to re-sign on 00:34 - Jul 7 with 2405 viewsNortholt_Rs

Henry to re-sign on 23:15 - Jul 6 by PunteR

I bet he plays against Charlton.

Well I bet he'll be on the pitch anyway.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Henry to re-sign on 01:28 - Jul 7 with 2386 viewsDylanP

Henry to re-sign on 22:56 - Jul 6 by davman

Silly me!

He came to us as unproven. He will eave us a genuine proven talent. There are loads of potential talents out there waiting to be discovered. At QPR he became one of the leading goal scorers in the country. Only one Englishman scored more than him in the Premiership last year. We paid 4 million for him, which is peanuts in todays market. Even Hull were scared to take a chance on him. We are looking to get 15-20 million from him this summer. Yeah, I would say we can take credit for uncovering a hidden talent.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Henry to re-sign on 01:35 - Jul 7 with 2383 viewskensalriser

Nonsense Dylan. He was Burnley's top scorer for two seasons and when we bought him was one of the top strikers in the Championship. That is not unearthing new talent by any stretch.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Henry to re-sign on 03:13 - Jul 7 with 2357 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Back to Henry, We need him or someone like him to protect the younger lads when the game gets scrappy. Im not his biggest fan but i think he can do a job for us in the championship & pt him alongside Ali (if he can stay bloody fit) and we've got the Derry/Ali partnership again....almost.
Henry to re-sign on 03:33 - Jul 7 with 2349 viewsisawqpratwcity

Henry to re-sign on 01:28 - Jul 7 by DylanP

He came to us as unproven. He will eave us a genuine proven talent. There are loads of potential talents out there waiting to be discovered. At QPR he became one of the leading goal scorers in the country. Only one Englishman scored more than him in the Premiership last year. We paid 4 million for him, which is peanuts in todays market. Even Hull were scared to take a chance on him. We are looking to get 15-20 million from him this summer. Yeah, I would say we can take credit for uncovering a hidden talent.

More like we stand gob-smacked and grateful for not f*cking him up,

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Henry to re-sign on 07:03 - Jul 7 with 2298 viewsdaveB

I don't really understand the negative reaction to Henry. It was a stupid contract to give him which had this clause in and the fact he wasn't offered a deal shows he wasn't really wanted this summer but he did ok last season, certainly one of our better players, if we play him alongside players who want to pass forwards rather than just replicate what he does then he's a useful player.
Henry to re-sign on 08:28 - Jul 7 with 2234 viewsDiscodroids

Henry to re-sign on 07:03 - Jul 7 by daveB

I don't really understand the negative reaction to Henry. It was a stupid contract to give him which had this clause in and the fact he wasn't offered a deal shows he wasn't really wanted this summer but he did ok last season, certainly one of our better players, if we play him alongside players who want to pass forwards rather than just replicate what he does then he's a useful player.

thank god , at least dave didnt use the terms

can break up play,
seems a nice bloke,
works hard
does a job
fills a hole in the squad
keeps it simple
unsung hero
can operate his own central nervous system under his own volition

he sounds like the keyboard player from 'sparks' i wonder if he knows the chords to 'beat the clock'

id rather we spent his wages on better quality urinal cakes in the school end shithouse.

reminds me of janice street porter riding bernie cliftons ostrich when presented with the ball . whoever was handing out these contracts a couple of years ago to carrion like henry was more than insane than ruldof hess .

w12 must have been like fackin Waco, texas .

this town aint big enough for the both of us.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 8:39]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Henry to re-sign on 08:39 - Jul 7 with 2224 viewsMvpeter

Henry to re-sign on 19:02 - Jul 6 by bosh67

I think Rodney is wrong on this one. We are about unearthing new talent and putting solid pros around them with experience. Henry I think has been excellent. He's done exactly what Derry did and jus t as well apart from the fact that everyone loved Derry and few give Henry any credit at all. For me Henry was one of our better players last season. He does the ugly stuff very well and with little fuss.

Henry is not in Derrys league.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Henry to re-sign on 12:36 - Jul 7 with 2158 viewsNW10Hoop

Henry to re-sign on 18:38 - Jul 6 by Antti_Heinola

Not really sure what he's going on about there.

Not sure either.

I wasn't too put out by Barton laying in Rodney Marsh to be honest. He was before my time, so I never saw him in a Rangers shirt, but every time I've seen him since I've thought he's a bit of a pillock.
Henry to re-sign on 13:08 - Jul 7 with 2124 viewsR_from_afar

Henry to re-sign on 10:24 - Jul 6 by PhilmyRs

I’m not sure how people can knock Henry’s performances for us. This season especially he’ll be useful. We’ve bought a lot of attack minded players so someone with Henry’s positional sense and unselfish commitment to the cause will be invaluable.

He’s not going to spray 50 yarders around the pitch and become our very own Pirlo but he can fill in when gaps appear at the back and help win us possession of the ball. As much as you need players with creativity and ones that are comfortable receiving the ball in tight areas, you also need people like Karl Henry. Good signing for another year.

Great points. It is essential that we have at least one quality defensive midfielder in every starting eleven. Even Barcelona have that sort of player these days!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Henry to re-sign on 16:59 - Jul 7 with 2054 views1BobbyHazell

Henry to re-sign on 13:08 - Jul 7 by R_from_afar

Great points. It is essential that we have at least one quality defensive midfielder in every starting eleven. Even Barcelona have that sort of player these days!

RFA

Comparing Henry to Busquets! I hope you're on the wind up RFA!

The good news is Ramsey and Ferdinand having had a chance to work with him last season and observe up close and personal his magnificent 'doing of a job' every week didn't want to keep him. They know what they're trying to build and there's no need to fill one of the slots in midfield with someone who is sh1t scared of receiving a football if there are any opposition players on the pitch at the same time for one year while he see's out a contact that was stupidly awarded him in the first place.

In many ways next season isn't about next season, it's about the platform it can provide for the ones to follow. Ones that Henry and (assuming from the noises CR and Les made at the recent fans meeting about style of football) any other midfielder that permanently plays the ball back to the centre halves under pressure so that all they can do is lump it forward won't be required.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 17:02]
Henry to re-sign on 20:17 - Jul 7 with 2001 viewsterryb

Can anyone tell me if Samba Diatike has been at pre season training?

Nobody seems to be including him as a midfield player for this season, but he is still under contract.
Henry to re-sign on 20:27 - Jul 7 with 1987 viewsJamie

Henry to re-sign on 20:17 - Jul 7 by terryb

Can anyone tell me if Samba Diatike has been at pre season training?

Nobody seems to be including him as a midfield player for this season, but he is still under contract.

Henry to re-sign on 20:35 - Jul 7 with 1970 viewsterryb

Looks to me that he may be warming up to entertain us this season!

Cheers for posting that picture.
Henry to re-sign on 20:35 - Jul 7 with 1970 viewsGetMeRangers

Henry to re-sign on 20:27 - Jul 7 by Jamie

His tackling seems up to scratch!

Has to start against Reading. We always beat them with only ten men
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 20:41]
Henry to re-sign on 20:53 - Jul 7 with 1956 viewsJigsore

Henry to re-sign on 08:39 - Jul 7 by Mvpeter

Henry is not in Derrys league.

why?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Henry to re-sign on 21:52 - Jul 7 with 1896 viewsYorkRanger

Henry to re-sign on 18:32 - Jul 6 by GetMeRangers

Marsh having a dig at the club...

.. and its supporters

Ho hum. Legends can say what they like, I guess

Not sure Rodney is ever hugely constructive towards the club. Legend maybe but he always seems to have an agenda...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024