Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 14:45 - Jul 6 with 54555 viewstoboboly

Starts Wednesday, can't wait. Fearful but quietly optimistic that we can take the urn back. Would be happy to go into the final test drawn tbh. Anyway here's something to get the juices flowing;

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 13:28 - Jul 16 with 2477 viewsHunterhoop

Ashes Thread on 13:12 - Jul 16 by Discodroids

one of lifes great pleasure , afternoon off, blowers and aggers on test match special and cataloging my blues and soul magazines in the garden with bottles of newcastle brown.

what a lucky woman my mrs is.

Surely you'll need to pop out to get a copy of the Standard, Disco? Just to get your daily dose of Cara Delevingne??

I rather fear the toss here was crucial. I can see Aus getting over 500 and then going all out aggressive with the ball. We need wickets! I'm going tomorrow. I don't want to see Aus bat for 2 session flaying it everywhere and then come out and topple our top order in the evening session!
Ashes Thread on 13:56 - Jul 16 with 2445 viewsDiscodroids

Ashes Thread on 13:28 - Jul 16 by Hunterhoop

Surely you'll need to pop out to get a copy of the Standard, Disco? Just to get your daily dose of Cara Delevingne??

I rather fear the toss here was crucial. I can see Aus getting over 500 and then going all out aggressive with the ball. We need wickets! I'm going tomorrow. I don't want to see Aus bat for 2 session flaying it everywhere and then come out and topple our top order in the evening session!

hahaha... no evening standard today hunter.

what an instituion test match special is..love it.. i pop intp the kitchen when a wicket goes down to watch it on sky..id rather listen to the radio.

blowers going on about sea gulls and dundee cake while i sort out my maze from my S.O.S band articles . heaven.

have a great day tomorrow mate , that chris rodgers is a limpet!.

wheres deadly derek underwood and john snow when you need them
[Post edited 16 Jul 2015 13:56]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ashes Thread on 13:59 - Jul 16 with 2433 viewsCamberleyR

Ashes Thread on 13:56 - Jul 16 by Discodroids

what an instituion test match special is..love it.. i pop intp the kitchen when a wicket goes down to watch it on sky..id rather listen to the radio.

blowers going on about sea gulls and dundee cake while i sort out my maze from my S.O.S band articles . heaven.

Sounds like your B&S mags are of the vintage when I used to buy it regularly, Disco. Is it still going?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes Thread on 17:24 - Jul 16 with 2366 viewsHunterhoop

Ashes Thread on 13:56 - Jul 16 by Discodroids

Cheers, Disco.

But enjoy it?! Looks like my old man and I will be watching Australia flay the ball to all parts before tearing into us like a northerner tears into a bread and butter pudding. It could get messy.

By that point, I plan to be drunk. In which case, it is likely to be messy.
Ashes Thread on 21:12 - Jul 16 with 2302 viewsDeano19766

Ashes Thread on 17:24 - Jul 16 by Hunterhoop

Cheers, Disco.

But enjoy it?! Looks like my old man and I will be watching Australia flay the ball to all parts before tearing into us like a northerner tears into a bread and butter pudding. It could get messy.

By that point, I plan to be drunk. In which case, it is likely to be messy.

Get yourself down on the nursery end (aka Lashhead Lawn) and watch it on the big screen while drinking at a rapid pace. That should help
Ashes Thread on 21:24 - Jul 16 with 2286 viewsHunterhoop

Ashes Thread on 21:12 - Jul 16 by Deano19766

Get yourself down on the nursery end (aka Lashhead Lawn) and watch it on the big screen while drinking at a rapid pace. That should help

I'm not paying the price of these tickets to watch it on the TV in what is effectively a pub garden! I can do that for free.

I want to get pissed in view of the actual bat and ball.
Ashes Thread on 21:47 - Jul 16 with 2268 viewsJamie

I'm no cricket expert, but what is the point of a pitch so dead that it will require some catastrophically shit batting to result in anything other than a mind numbing draw, and allowing the Australians to find some form after battering them last week?

Other than milking the paying punters for the full 5 days obviously.
Ashes Thread on 22:04 - Jul 16 with 2265 viewsCamberleyR

Ashes Thread on 21:47 - Jul 16 by Jamie

I'm no cricket expert, but what is the point of a pitch so dead that it will require some catastrophically shit batting to result in anything other than a mind numbing draw, and allowing the Australians to find some form after battering them last week?

Other than milking the paying punters for the full 5 days obviously.

I've a funny feeling somehow that when it's our turn to bat that their bowlers will make it look a slightly different wicket.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 08:47 - Jul 17 with 2173 viewsElHoop

England have kept it pretty tight so far and with a 1-0 lead we won't wilt however many runs they get, as a draw keeps us in front. Strange that the Aussies have knuckled down to grind out some runs whereas last Saturday they seemed to be in T20 mode.

If we could get these two out early on today then the rest of their batting isn't so hot so they might collapse in relative terms, for say 550! I think that we'll be batting today one way or the other, just a question of whether we are chasing 550 or 700.
Ashes Thread on 08:58 - Jul 17 with 2163 viewsjohnhoop

Ashes Thread on 08:47 - Jul 17 by ElHoop

England have kept it pretty tight so far and with a 1-0 lead we won't wilt however many runs they get, as a draw keeps us in front. Strange that the Aussies have knuckled down to grind out some runs whereas last Saturday they seemed to be in T20 mode.

If we could get these two out early on today then the rest of their batting isn't so hot so they might collapse in relative terms, for say 550! I think that we'll be batting today one way or the other, just a question of whether we are chasing 550 or 700.

I really hope your optimism is justified but I will be very relieved if we are not three wickets down by close of play. I think the top order of our batting is very brittle indeed and faced with a total of that magnitude they may just crumble.
Hopefully Cook will prove me wrong,dig in and score a big hundred on a wicket that looks made for him to do it.
Ashes Thread on 09:37 - Jul 17 with 2144 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ashes Thread on 08:58 - Jul 17 by johnhoop

I really hope your optimism is justified but I will be very relieved if we are not three wickets down by close of play. I think the top order of our batting is very brittle indeed and faced with a total of that magnitude they may just crumble.
Hopefully Cook will prove me wrong,dig in and score a big hundred on a wicket that looks made for him to do it.

I'll think they'll just plough on and post a monster total of 600+.

Once they get to a certain score they can just let their tail hit out and see what happens.

I think rain is our best chance of salvaging a draw TBH.

I guarantee we'll lose at least 2 wickets for less than 100 (maybe less than 50).
Ashes Thread on 09:50 - Jul 17 with 2132 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 08:58 - Jul 17 by johnhoop

Given how it is likely to pan out, I think that our top order are the night watchmen today. If they can get through to the close with one down then I'd take that. Will be interesting to see if they use a night watchman in fact. If they do then he could score big!

The Aussies, with a big score behind them, will just attack and give away runs, so tomorrow could be a batting feast for the English middle order.
Ashes Thread on 15:22 - Jul 17 with 2090 viewsElHoop

Aussies 200-6.

Well today they are.
Ashes Thread on 16:28 - Jul 17 with 2055 viewsadhoc_qpr

Predictable start to the England innings!! Lyth isn't actually any better than Robson, Compton or Carberry is he?

Only some heroic (and lengthy) innings from Cook and Root plus a bit of rain can save the draw here for me.
Ashes Thread on 16:35 - Jul 17 with 2039 viewsHayesender

Ashes Thread on 16:28 - Jul 17 by adhoc_qpr

Predictable start to the England innings!! Lyth isn't actually any better than Robson, Compton or Carberry is he?

Only some heroic (and lengthy) innings from Cook and Root plus a bit of rain can save the draw here for me.

Yep. The couple of times I've seen Lyth, he's looked out of his depth.

Who else we got though?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ashes Thread on 16:36 - Jul 17 with 2037 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 16:28 - Jul 17 by adhoc_qpr

We'll fight them every inch of the way - this test will be a ruthless battle of survival.
Ashes Thread on 16:37 - Jul 17 with 2033 viewsdaveB

Why is Lyth in the side? he's looked poor in every innings he has played. Dreadful shot that at the start of an innings.

England will probably lose this test, Aussies have batted really well, sadly with these flat pitches looks like the ashes is being decided on the coin toss
Ashes Thread on 16:46 - Jul 17 with 2017 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ashes Thread on 16:35 - Jul 17 by Hayesender

Yep. The couple of times I've seen Lyth, he's looked out of his depth.

Who else we got though?

Move Moeen Ali up to opener and bring in Rashid?
Ashes Thread on 16:57 - Jul 17 with 2000 viewsjohnhoop

2 down now for 28. Both Lyth and Ballance are wickets waiting to happen. Ballance only needs a ball pitched up on a full length, he plays half forward to it and he's gone.
Correction - Bell gone too. This could be over in 3 days.
Ashes Thread on 16:58 - Jul 17 with 1997 viewsHayesender

Now Bell gone for 1. This game will be all over tomorrow at this rate

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ashes Thread on 16:59 - Jul 17 with 1989 viewsDiscodroids

fuking hell 29-3 .

would it hurt the selectors to have as look at a few other counties other than fackin yorkshire.

lyth and balance just two dollys for the aussies.

never test players as long as mica paris has got a lovely big arse.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ashes Thread on 17:02 - Jul 17 with 1964 viewsdaveB

oh dear, oh well makes the series interesting, couldn't understand the swing from we had no chance to we were going to win easily in just a few days.
Ashes Thread on 17:04 - Jul 17 with 1950 viewsDiscodroids

i thought mark wood looked facked , bowling around 82 /83 mph compared to the the high 80's low 90's at cardiff.

oh fk ..root out.

Ashes Thread on 17:05 - Jul 17 with 1945 viewsNov77

.I've seen some collapses by england over the years but this takes some beating, on a pitch that Australia scored over 500 on before declaring.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ashes Thread on 17:06 - Jul 17 with 1937 viewsadhoc_qpr

The England top 4 are all walking wickets to be fair!

When the Aussies already have the runs on the board, this is only going one way.

Trouble is, although our middle order are quite destructive and can score, they aren't too big on hanging around.

If we can avoid the follow on, we can still draw this - but that's looking pretty unlikely!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024