Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Thread 14:45 - Jul 6 with 54544 viewstoboboly

Starts Wednesday, can't wait. Fearful but quietly optimistic that we can take the urn back. Would be happy to go into the final test drawn tbh. Anyway here's something to get the juices flowing;

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Ashes Thread on 17:08 - Jul 17 with 2463 viewsHayesender

Ashes Thread on 17:06 - Jul 17 by adhoc_qpr

The England top 4 are all walking wickets to be fair!

When the Aussies already have the runs on the board, this is only going one way.

Trouble is, although our middle order are quite destructive and can score, they aren't too big on hanging around.

If we can avoid the follow on, we can still draw this - but that's looking pretty unlikely!

What's the follow on score?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ashes Thread on 17:09 - Jul 17 with 2463 viewsbob566

this could be a massive embarrassment at the home of cricket. At this rate an innings and a few hundred runs victory for the aussies.

This could set the English confidence back a bit.
Ashes Thread on 17:13 - Jul 17 with 2442 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ashes Thread on 17:08 - Jul 17 by Hayesender

What's the follow on score?

Follow on score 367!!

I think we'll be all out for less than 100 here - classic England batting collapse.

The Aussies will wrap this up with a couple of days to spare and our confidence will be in tatters!

It's a fine line between positive play and stupidity...
Ashes Thread on 17:17 - Jul 17 with 2432 viewsrunningman75

Praying for rain, otherwise this series could be 4-1 to the Aussies.
Ashes Thread on 17:37 - Jul 17 with 2404 viewsbob566

I've seen some qpr threads swing to and fro in the past but this takes the biscuit. The confidence of a series victory after the first test to now getting thrashed and the team in disarray.

Still lots of cricket to be played. Establish a couple of partnerships and a drop of rain and you're back in action.
Ashes Thread on 19:18 - Jul 17 with 2357 viewsElHoop

I think that we'll dig in tomorrow. We bat down to 9/10 so there's still plenty left to contribute. I reckon that we'll put up a lot more fight than Oz did last Saturday, when they showed no guts at all.
Ashes Thread on 19:23 - Jul 17 with 2345 viewsRangersw12

Cook and Stokes showed the pitch is still decent to bat on so we do have a chance

Need another 281 to avoid the follow on which should be doable with our long batting line up

Rain forcast for Sunday which will also help just need to bat properly tomorrow and not get skittled for 150

For the next test need to change the team as Lyth doesn't look good enough to me

I would go Hales to open with Bell 3 , root 4 , Ballance 5 , Stokes , Butler , Ali etc
Ashes Thread on 19:35 - Jul 17 with 2333 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 19:23 - Jul 17 by Rangersw12

Cook and Stokes showed the pitch is still decent to bat on so we do have a chance

Need another 281 to avoid the follow on which should be doable with our long batting line up

Rain forcast for Sunday which will also help just need to bat properly tomorrow and not get skittled for 150

For the next test need to change the team as Lyth doesn't look good enough to me

I would go Hales to open with Bell 3 , root 4 , Ballance 5 , Stokes , Butler , Ali etc

Stokes has effectively been an opening batsman here so why not give him a go? As you say, Lyth isn't up to it, and if Taylor comes in or maybe Bairstow as a batsman only it's hardly weaker is it?
Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Thread on 19:40 - Jul 17 with 2322 viewsjonno

The Aussies were under prepared and complacent for the first Test. They have rapidly replaced their under performers, something we never do, and are now clearly the superior side. Our top order is frankly shocking and has been for a while. Players like Bell, Ballance and Lyth would have been replaced long ago had they been in the Aussie side but we continue to keep playing them despite their obvious deficiencies. They have also cottoned on to the fact that we will be preparing slow pitches in an attempt to negate their pace bowlers, so they are simply taking the pitch out of the equation by bowling very full, and most of our batters cannot deal with those kind of deliveries at their pace. And by preparing featherbed pitches that also affects our own bowlers who then simply cannot bowl teams out without the right pitch and conditions. A lot of Sunday is likely to be lost to rain but even so the Aussies have this game in the bag. I can't see how we can win another Test in the series unless there are real changes made.
Ashes Thread on 19:40 - Jul 17 with 2320 viewsCamberleyR

Ashes Thread on 22:04 - Jul 16 by CamberleyR

I've a funny feeling somehow that when it's our turn to bat that their bowlers will make it look a slightly different wicket.

Hate to say I told you so. It's happened so many times in the past, opposition bats first, wicket looks like the flattest featherbed you've ever seen, England's bowling looks toothless and when it's our turn to bat it suddenly looks like a minefield.

First session tomorrow is crucial. Lose more than a couple of wickets and we're staring down the barrel of an innings and plenty defeat.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes Thread on 20:56 - Jul 17 with 2260 viewsElHoop

Ashes Thread on 19:40 - Jul 17 by jonno

The Aussies were under prepared and complacent for the first Test. They have rapidly replaced their under performers, something we never do, and are now clearly the superior side. Our top order is frankly shocking and has been for a while. Players like Bell, Ballance and Lyth would have been replaced long ago had they been in the Aussie side but we continue to keep playing them despite their obvious deficiencies. They have also cottoned on to the fact that we will be preparing slow pitches in an attempt to negate their pace bowlers, so they are simply taking the pitch out of the equation by bowling very full, and most of our batters cannot deal with those kind of deliveries at their pace. And by preparing featherbed pitches that also affects our own bowlers who then simply cannot bowl teams out without the right pitch and conditions. A lot of Sunday is likely to be lost to rain but even so the Aussies have this game in the bag. I can't see how we can win another Test in the series unless there are real changes made.

' They have rapidly replaced their under performers'

Hardly. Why is Clarke still in the side let alone captain? Perhaps they don't have any youngsters coming through apart from T20/IPL wannabees?

It took them long enough to decide that Watson wasn't a test player.]

Frankly I think that this England side has rather more dangling between its legs than some of you guys.
Ashes Thread on 20:58 - Jul 17 with 2254 viewsMrSheen

Ashes Thread on 19:40 - Jul 17 by jonno

It would have been hard to replace Lyth long ago as he only made his debut less than two months ago. In his three previous tests, he's already made a century. Who are you going to replace him with? Trott? Robson? Compton? Carberry? Trescothick? Give him a chance.
Ashes Thread on 02:37 - Jul 18 with 2173 viewsWilloW4

Ashes Thread on 20:58 - Jul 17 by MrSheen

It would have been hard to replace Lyth long ago as he only made his debut less than two months ago. In his three previous tests, he's already made a century. Who are you going to replace him with? Trott? Robson? Compton? Carberry? Trescothick? Give him a chance.

Lyth looks like a bottle job.. He's got talent but I say get rid...another opener who can't cut it.
Ashes Thread on 13:49 - Jul 19 with 2051 viewsDiscodroids

ADAM L YTH, any chance you could simply fu ck off you absolute cnt ?, wilf slack could do a better job

take care now,

discodroid.

xx
[Post edited 19 Jul 2015 13:50]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ashes Thread on 14:10 - Jul 19 with 2025 viewsDiscodroids

England Cricketers,top tip .stop fishing out side off stump like bob nudd after a meal of maggots and nutmeg.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ashes Thread on 14:19 - Jul 19 with 2014 viewsCamberleyR

All over by lunchtime tomorrow. After a couple of "freak" results against them at Lord's, we've reverted to type against them at HQ.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Ashes Thread on 14:27 - Jul 19 with 2002 viewsrunningman75

Ashes Thread on 13:49 - Jul 19 by Discodroids

ADAM L YTH, any chance you could simply fu ck off you absolute cnt ?, wilf slack could do a better job

take care now,

discodroid.

xx
[Post edited 19 Jul 2015 13:50]

Wonder if he plays football if so QPR should sign him. Opening batsman impersonating being a cricketer. We have had many impersonations of footballers over the years at Loftus Road.
Ashes Thread on 14:28 - Jul 19 with 2001 viewsted_hendrix

They have better batsmen and bowlers than we do and are a better all round team.

Hey ho whatever.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ashes Thread on 14:38 - Jul 19 with 1981 viewsDiscodroids

very true ted.

wouldnt mind Finn coming in for wood next test, he looked more knackerd than greyfriars bobby last season.

Rashid to come in as well, move moheen ali up the order as well as ben stokes. alex hales might be worth a look at at the top of the order, and jamie overton at somerst as well.

the selectors will probably recall tim bresnsen , martyn moxon and arnie sidebottom.

they do love a yorkie.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2015 14:38]

Ashes Thread on 15:34 - Jul 19 with 1940 viewsparker64

Do you think the Aussies will invite the England team in for a beer in the changing room?
Ashes Thread on 15:35 - Jul 19 with 1937 viewsDiscodroids

hahahahaha run out chasing over 500 and 5 sessions to bat through.

biblical stuff england. biblical.

Ashes Thread on 15:40 - Jul 19 with 1928 viewsHayesender

Anyone got tickets for tomorrow?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ashes Thread on 16:02 - Jul 19 with 1897 viewsHunterhoop

Ashes Thread on 15:40 - Jul 19 by Hayesender

Anyone got tickets for tomorrow?

Moeen is very weak against the short ball. Can't bump him up to the top order against this attack and a new ball.

Drop Lyth, get Compton back in - best technical too order player around
Drop Balance - get James Taylor in - pedigree over several seasons and showed he has the gonads to stand up to this attack given how he batted (at 3) down under in the ODI series (on quicker wickets)
Bell gets one more Test, then Bairstow deserves another chance. He's in great form and Morgan is not.
I want to see Finn back too. He's in good form for Middx and reportedly bowled very sharply in his last outing. I think he's quicker and gets more bounce than Wood. Harsh because Wood has bowled quite well...the issue in this Test with our bowling is how dreadful Jimmy has been.
Ashes Thread on 16:07 - Jul 19 with 1886 viewsDiscodroids

Ashes Thread on 16:02 - Jul 19 by Hunterhoop

Moeen is very weak against the short ball. Can't bump him up to the top order against this attack and a new ball.

Drop Lyth, get Compton back in - best technical too order player around
Drop Balance - get James Taylor in - pedigree over several seasons and showed he has the gonads to stand up to this attack given how he batted (at 3) down under in the ODI series (on quicker wickets)
Bell gets one more Test, then Bairstow deserves another chance. He's in great form and Morgan is not.
I want to see Finn back too. He's in good form for Middx and reportedly bowled very sharply in his last outing. I think he's quicker and gets more bounce than Wood. Harsh because Wood has bowled quite well...the issue in this Test with our bowling is how dreadful Jimmy has been.

agree with every aspect of that post.

aw fk..6 down..

Ashes Thread on 16:12 - Jul 19 with 1877 viewstoboboly

I go to the loo and we lose three wickets? Wtf?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024