Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7/7 10th Anniversary 19:46 - Jul 6 with 5145 viewsexiled_dictator

while i have a quiet moment ....

cannot believe that 10 years has passed since the devastating terrorist attacks on london that claimed so many innocent lives, and affected so many more.

i had to come back from gloucester road tube station in the late afternoon, and remember two things very clearly:
1. i had a grey adidas rucksack, and with my ethnic origins and how i look, i was stopped 4 times before i was allowed to enter the underground station
2. despite being rush hour, i was the only person on the station platform

i have never forgot those images of the torn apart bus, or the pictures of the one bomber who moved closer to the pram.
home grown terrorists?
i don't think so.
as i have repeatedly said to anyone who cares to listen, nationality is a mute issue for these people. they work on religion, sect, class, creed and other issues that has nothing to do with anything. random attacks justified with propaganda (you bombed us, so we will bomb you) and lies.

i am not ashamed of who i am and my religion, but i am ashamed that these people present themselves as muslims, carry out murderous terrorist attacks in the name of islam, and that some perceive that all muslims think like this.
but they sat that things have to get worse before they get better; i truly hope that they will get better.
Insha'Allah.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

7/7 10th Anniversary on 20:13 - Jul 6 with 3374 viewsbatmanhoop

remember it well, had to drive a Bosnian refugee home as he had come to work by train. He was furious as to why people could do such a thing as he was so grateful this country had given him sanctuary. Much more to come I fear
7/7 10th Anniversary on 21:36 - Jul 6 with 3264 viewsdaveB

remember it so well, i left my phone in my wifes car that morning so rather than get the tube through edgware road found a phone box ringing the phone thinking i had lost it. Ended up getting central line to work instead, wouldn't have been on the train with the bomb as was going other way but so lucky i avoided seeing what happened at Edgware Road. When i got to work the news was about a power surge at Kings Cross, we then heard a bang and all of the power in our office went, assumed it was a power cut but was due to the bomb at tavistock square.

Very scary day we were told by police not to leave building as they wanted people off the streets and remember thinking more attacks were on the way. I worked the full day and walked back to Paddington from Kings Cross way, was a very odd walk down oxford street, just no one around like the end of the world.

Still seems like yesterday, scary 10 years on nothing has improved
7/7 10th Anniversary on 21:49 - Jul 6 with 3240 viewsMrSheen

7/7 10th Anniversary on 21:36 - Jul 6 by daveB

remember it so well, i left my phone in my wifes car that morning so rather than get the tube through edgware road found a phone box ringing the phone thinking i had lost it. Ended up getting central line to work instead, wouldn't have been on the train with the bomb as was going other way but so lucky i avoided seeing what happened at Edgware Road. When i got to work the news was about a power surge at Kings Cross, we then heard a bang and all of the power in our office went, assumed it was a power cut but was due to the bomb at tavistock square.

Very scary day we were told by police not to leave building as they wanted people off the streets and remember thinking more attacks were on the way. I worked the full day and walked back to Paddington from Kings Cross way, was a very odd walk down oxford street, just no one around like the end of the world.

Still seems like yesterday, scary 10 years on nothing has improved

I work near Aldgate tube and popped out to get some cash for breakfast around 9. I noticed a police cordon and hordes of people walking away from the station (not those caught up in the explosion). When I got back to the office the first reports started coming in. For the rest of the day there were non-stop sirens wailing in grid-locked traffic around the office as the one-way was closed.

We were told to go home about half two, and as I walked towards Waterloo, I was stopped a number of times by tourists wheeling heavy suitcases asking how they could get to Paddington, or Euston or wherever. I could only point vaguely in the direction and suggest they walk another 15 minutes then ask again. I got on a train at Waterloo and sat on a train that took half an hour to leave. Everyone was staring at their travelling companions nervously and begging for the train to leave. Never been so relieved to get home.

I was a nervous wreck for about few weeks after every time I took a train and someone got on with a rucksack. Until today, I don't think I had worried about it for years.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 22:07 - Jul 6 with 3213 viewsLblock

They say there's loonies in all races, colours and creeds... and it's true

You've only got to see recent events in a church in America for that - twisted white supremacist following others like him.

It just seems to me there seems to be a bigger crazier amount of Islam nutters

On a much more low rent level... it took us decades to win back the flag from the far right but I think we have done and continue to do so. The effort needs to come from within

Cannot believe it's 10 years ago.
Kind of glad I'm not heading to the City tomorrow but instead going to one of my sites in the countryside... I'll be worrying about the Missus though.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

7/7 10th Anniversary on 22:18 - Jul 6 with 3178 viewsMaggsinho

I can remember the news breaking on here from a poster who worked for the Fire Brigade '...avoid the underground, something nasty has happened...*edit* very nasty...'

Started following events on the news and then heard the bus bomb go off.

Terrible day.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 22:57 - Jul 6 with 3107 viewsCiderwithRsie

Was nowhere near London at the time, living in Gloucestershire and working at a meeting in Birmingham. Trains were screwed due to knock on effect of closure of King's Cross, and my wife had to collect me by car from Gloucester station as I'd missed my connection. Driving back through the countryside, kids sat in the back, on a gorgeous day, couldn't get my head around anyone wanting to kill random strangers and willing to die themselves just to do that. Still can't, really.

Following week was at a meeting in Pentonville Road, walked through various streets I'd known when I worked in King's Cross, places like Tavistock Square, realising these were the places that murder had been done.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 23:16 - Jul 6 with 3068 viewsTheBlob

Work colleague of my brother's was on the top deck of the bus that got blown up.All of a sudden she's sitting on the pavement wondering how she got there,hardly a scratch.The same bus my nephew usually gets on but this time his girlfriend delayed his departure and he missed it.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

7/7 10th Anniversary on 23:39 - Jul 6 with 3023 viewsNorthernr

My second week running this site, sitting up north basically following the whole thing through all your posts. Bad times.
Login to get fewer ads

7/7 10th Anniversary on 08:19 - Jul 7 with 2885 viewsDiscodroids

i dont think any of us working in london that day will ever forget it.

I was in our Aile street, aldgate offices that day a few mins from aldgate east station. like 7/11, the city had that apocalpyitc/omega man feel about it was all so unreal.My abiding memory of that day was witnessing random fireworks being let off in leman street late afternoon by local youths in celebration .ive never felt so torn as a human being at the bravery and unbreakable spirit shown by the people of london that day , and the shame that other humans can do to their fellow man let alone celebrate it.

if i can also ask the people who were using the hyde park memorial as a bed , dinner table and receptical for their feces last week , to pay their respects today by catching gout , dropsey and consumption , that would be really super.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 8:41]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

7/7 10th Anniversary on 08:32 - Jul 7 with 2857 viewssimmo

It's an odd mixture of sadness and pride for the events of that day. So sad that so many everyday people lost their lives or were injured, but the way everybody came together to help each other was really something. People from other parts of the country often remark on how unfriendly and cold a place London is, but it shows that when it counts, we do what's right.

Sat watching in Sheperds Bush, fielding frantic calls from relatives that were watching in other parts of the country and fearing the worst.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

7/7 10th Anniversary on 08:41 - Jul 7 with 2840 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Trying to get hold of my sister who worked at Edgware Road at the time was my biggest memory. (as it turns out she was elsewhere)

I remember following it on here too, bloody hell some of us have been here a long time!

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

7/7 10th Anniversary on 08:53 - Jul 7 with 2817 viewswestberksr

good post Exiled.

tragic day in history that those of us old enough to recall the IRA times in London will know that it's not any particualr religion; but pretty much all of them.

now being based in the countryside you'd get the responses of people who assumed that around every corner of London was a foreign person waiting to blow you up, some friends still avoid going into London unless completely neccessary.

Sad times that we live in.

don't have many recollections of the day itself, so presumably was working from home on my own. These days always seem to stick in the mind but not this one, only close relative that works in central london was out of the country so that saved us the frantic calls trying to establish his whereabouts.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 09:22 - Jul 7 with 2770 viewsElHoop

7/7 10th Anniversary on 08:53 - Jul 7 by westberksr

good post Exiled.

tragic day in history that those of us old enough to recall the IRA times in London will know that it's not any particualr religion; but pretty much all of them.

now being based in the countryside you'd get the responses of people who assumed that around every corner of London was a foreign person waiting to blow you up, some friends still avoid going into London unless completely neccessary.

Sad times that we live in.

don't have many recollections of the day itself, so presumably was working from home on my own. These days always seem to stick in the mind but not this one, only close relative that works in central london was out of the country so that saved us the frantic calls trying to establish his whereabouts.

I don't think that the IRA had any religious affiliation did it?
7/7 10th Anniversary on 09:24 - Jul 7 with 2759 viewsDWQPR

The day before I was in the office, with the radio on listening to the out come of the events in Singapore for the awarding of the Olympics to London. I was absolutely thrilled and tears came to my eyes at the thought that our great capital city would be the focus of the world in another seven years time.

The following morning I was leaving the house around 9.10am and caught the end of the BBC Breakfast news with a report of a small explosion in the underground and pictures of some people leaving Aldgate station covered in soot, or what looked like soot. All walking, everything seemed fine, the explanation was a power surge. And there was me thinking getting into the car, that now we had the Olympics we ought to get our fingers out and sort out the transport system in London pretty quickly. I was listening to 5Live on the way in and a references were made to similar incidents at KIngs Cross and Edgware Road, but still nothing eluded to terrorism. Got to the office and made myself a cup of tea and started work. It was only around 10.30 that I either logged onto this site or the dot.org when somebody posted that a friend of him had just called him to say that the bus in front of him in Tavistock Square had just blown up! Couldn't believe what I had heard and found a radio to listen into the reports. A horrible day, never to be forgotten, deaths committed by the most sub-human of individuals. And to think two weeks later four more tried to commit similar atrocities.

Sadly I still think that there is much more to come and hats off to the security services for so far in the last ten years since 7/7 no more vile acts have come to pass in the UK, but I suspect that is not for the want of trying.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

7/7 10th Anniversary on 10:09 - Jul 7 with 2694 viewswestberksr

7/7 10th Anniversary on 09:22 - Jul 7 by ElHoop

I don't think that the IRA had any religious affiliation did it?

probably not actually, always think of the link to the ongoing catholic/protestant issues but the division of Ireland is the root of it. I suspect the vast majority of Muslims don't think this has anything to do with religion either, certainly not theirs as they see it.

having grown up through the 70's & 80's it still felt that way, i suppose the link was the bombings and having been very close to the Harrods bomb in the days before mobiles i still remember my Mum bursting into tears of relief when i walked through the door. Then later on the Ealing bomb which took place where 24 hours previously i'd been drinking; you never realise how close these things are most of the time.

fundamentally people just need an excuse to be shit to each other, whether it be borders, religion, oil or otherwise.

wasn't in any way a slight on Catholicism, all religions are crap ihmo, including all branches of Christianity.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 10:09 - Jul 7 with 2694 viewsrobith

Don't talk about this very often, but I was at Senate House Library returning books to ensure I was allowed to graduate that morning. Heard the 30 bus explode the street over at Tavistock Square. You always think it would this huge thing like the movies, but it was this kinda of crushing pop. Will never forget the smell in the air.

I often find solace in Livingstone's speech the next day (please don't ruin my reflection by criticising the man for his faults right now, thanks)

I want to say one thing specifically to the world today. This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty and the powerful. It was not aimed at Presidents or Prime Ministers. It was aimed at ordinary, working-class Londoners, black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindu and Jew, young and old. It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter, irrespective of any considerations for age, for class, for religion, or whatever.

That isn?t an ideology, it isn?t even a perverted faith - it is just an indiscriminate attempt at mass murder and we know what the objective is. They seek to divide Londoners. They seek to turn Londoners against each other. I said yesterday to the International Olympic Committee, that the city of London is the greatest in the world, because everybody lives side by side in harmony. Londoners will not be divided by this cowardly attack. They will stand together in solidarity alongside those who have been injured and those who have been bereaved and that is why I?m proud to be the mayor of that city.

Finally, I wish to speak directly to those who came to London today to take life.

I know that you personally do not fear giving up your own life in order to take others - that is why you are so dangerous. But I know you fear that you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society and I can show you why you will fail.

In the days that follow look at our airports, look at our sea ports and look at our railway stations and, even after your cowardly attack, you will see that people from the rest of Britain, people from around the world will arrive in London to become Londoners and to fulfil their dreams and achieve their potential.

They choose to come to London, as so many have come before because they come to be free, they come to live the life they choose, they come to be able to be themselves. They flee you because you tell them how they should live. They don?t want that and nothing you do, however many of us you kill, will stop that flight to our city where freedom is strong and where people can live in harmony with one another. Whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 11:35]
7/7 10th Anniversary on 10:27 - Jul 7 with 2650 viewsFearless

7/7 10th Anniversary on 10:09 - Jul 7 by robith

Don't talk about this very often, but I was at Senate House Library returning books to ensure I was allowed to graduate that morning. Heard the 30 bus explode the street over at Tavistock Square. You always think it would this huge thing like the movies, but it was this kinda of crushing pop. Will never forget the smell in the air.

I often find solace in Livingstone's speech the next day (please don't ruin my reflection by criticising the man for his faults right now, thanks)

I want to say one thing specifically to the world today. This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty and the powerful. It was not aimed at Presidents or Prime Ministers. It was aimed at ordinary, working-class Londoners, black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindu and Jew, young and old. It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter, irrespective of any considerations for age, for class, for religion, or whatever.

That isn?t an ideology, it isn?t even a perverted faith - it is just an indiscriminate attempt at mass murder and we know what the objective is. They seek to divide Londoners. They seek to turn Londoners against each other. I said yesterday to the International Olympic Committee, that the city of London is the greatest in the world, because everybody lives side by side in harmony. Londoners will not be divided by this cowardly attack. They will stand together in solidarity alongside those who have been injured and those who have been bereaved and that is why I?m proud to be the mayor of that city.

Finally, I wish to speak directly to those who came to London today to take life.

I know that you personally do not fear giving up your own life in order to take others - that is why you are so dangerous. But I know you fear that you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society and I can show you why you will fail.

In the days that follow look at our airports, look at our sea ports and look at our railway stations and, even after your cowardly attack, you will see that people from the rest of Britain, people from around the world will arrive in London to become Londoners and to fulfil their dreams and achieve their potential.

They choose to come to London, as so many have come before because they come to be free, they come to live the life they choose, they come to be able to be themselves. They flee you because you tell them how they should live. They don?t want that and nothing you do, however many of us you kill, will stop that flight to our city where freedom is strong and where people can live in harmony with one another. Whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 11:35]

The day before I'd been in Trafalgar Square to hear the announcement that we'd been awarded the games and watched the red arrows fly past and the confetti cannons.

On the morning of 7/7 I had early meetings in St Pauls, but the first I new of the problems was when colleagues didn't arrive on time. When the news broke, all the TVs were switched to the news and the company security effectively barricaded us in the building. The mobile network was switched off, but I could get messages to family via the fixed line network. We were advised that we may be required to stay the night in the building.

I rang a mate who lived behind the London eye, and he said I could come over. Security made me sign a paper to say I was leaving the building of my own volition and I walked over the millennium bridge and down the southbank. As others have said, the place was deserted and the only traffic on the Thames was special forces/police in high speed ribs heading to the HoP. I wish I'd had a camera.

The bizarre event that sticks with me is that my mate had received a flat pack unit earlier that morning, so we put it together whilst watching the news. Something so mundane on such a devastating day.

That evening we went to the Wellington pub which was full, but with a very strange atmosphere.
I then rang a police friend of mine who'd been called to one of the scenes as a first responder, and later that night he picked me up and we drove home together.

My thoughts are with everyone concerned today,
7/7 10th Anniversary on 10:31 - Jul 7 with 2634 viewsQPunkR

I was living in Málaga at the time and had mates visiting. We were on the beach a ways along the coast and at some point I went into a little chiringuito to get a drink and rest in the shade. Only thing on tv was pictures on a loop of London looking like the end of the world. At first I just thought it was a drill or summat, but after watching for a few mins asked them to turn on the volume and only then understood exactly what had gone on. Cue hours of trying to call my mum, brother, girlfriend back in London without success 'til evening.
Back in my Irish local in Málaga city afterwards it was the most sombre atmosphere. None of us were there but quite a few had families that could've been.

QPR - "shit but local"

7/7 10th Anniversary on 10:36 - Jul 7 with 2615 viewsElHoop

7/7 10th Anniversary on 10:09 - Jul 7 by westberksr

probably not actually, always think of the link to the ongoing catholic/protestant issues but the division of Ireland is the root of it. I suspect the vast majority of Muslims don't think this has anything to do with religion either, certainly not theirs as they see it.

having grown up through the 70's & 80's it still felt that way, i suppose the link was the bombings and having been very close to the Harrods bomb in the days before mobiles i still remember my Mum bursting into tears of relief when i walked through the door. Then later on the Ealing bomb which took place where 24 hours previously i'd been drinking; you never realise how close these things are most of the time.

fundamentally people just need an excuse to be shit to each other, whether it be borders, religion, oil or otherwise.

wasn't in any way a slight on Catholicism, all religions are crap ihmo, including all branches of Christianity.

I think that they'd be fighting over Northern Ireland regardless of religion as it's fundamentally a tribal not a religious conflict. This Islamic terrorism is more rooted in religion I would say, well it's more complicated than that but it seems to have some of its roots in religion anyway.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 10:39 - Jul 7 with 2609 viewsSnipper

There's a couple of us on here who are drivers on the Piccadilly Line. I was rest day on 7/7, but the atmosphere at work after was very sombre. The trains seemed eerily empty and I'll readily admit that I was nervous about driving for a few days after. We were suspended beyond Hyde Park Corner due to the bomb between Kings Cross & Russell Square. Every time I had to reverse at Hyde Park, a shiver went through me just thinking of the horror that happened just a few stations ahead.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 10:48 - Jul 7 with 2576 viewsstowmarketrange

7/7 10th Anniversary on 09:24 - Jul 7 by DWQPR

The day before I was in the office, with the radio on listening to the out come of the events in Singapore for the awarding of the Olympics to London. I was absolutely thrilled and tears came to my eyes at the thought that our great capital city would be the focus of the world in another seven years time.

The following morning I was leaving the house around 9.10am and caught the end of the BBC Breakfast news with a report of a small explosion in the underground and pictures of some people leaving Aldgate station covered in soot, or what looked like soot. All walking, everything seemed fine, the explanation was a power surge. And there was me thinking getting into the car, that now we had the Olympics we ought to get our fingers out and sort out the transport system in London pretty quickly. I was listening to 5Live on the way in and a references were made to similar incidents at KIngs Cross and Edgware Road, but still nothing eluded to terrorism. Got to the office and made myself a cup of tea and started work. It was only around 10.30 that I either logged onto this site or the dot.org when somebody posted that a friend of him had just called him to say that the bus in front of him in Tavistock Square had just blown up! Couldn't believe what I had heard and found a radio to listen into the reports. A horrible day, never to be forgotten, deaths committed by the most sub-human of individuals. And to think two weeks later four more tried to commit similar atrocities.

Sadly I still think that there is much more to come and hats off to the security services for so far in the last ten years since 7/7 no more vile acts have come to pass in the UK, but I suspect that is not for the want of trying.

I was going to mention the pride I felt the day before as we were awarded the Olympic Games,but you express it so much than I could ever do.
I had driving jobs to Dagenham on the 6th and Rainham on the 7th.
I cried tears of joy when we were announced as hosting the games,and the very next day I wept tears of despair,angerand frustration at what evil people could do to innocent people in my city.

I also heard the stories about the power surge and thought that it wouldn't have been too bad,but as the events of the day unfolded,it became the disaster that these people wanted.
As others have said though,I felt very apprehensive travelling on the tube for a while afterwards,especially if someone got on with a rucksack.I guess that was what they wanted to achieve with their evil actions.
I also went to New York the day after we played Wolves away in May 2001,and we went up the twin towers and I couldn't believe that somebody could reduce them to rubble only 4 months later.

I really hope and pray that a solution to all these horrible,evil actions could be found before more innocent blood is spilt,but I very much doubt that there won't be any more atrocities committed in the name of ANY religion.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 11:00 - Jul 7 with 2546 viewsA40Bosh

10yrs - where has that time gone?

I remember practically the entire day. I was working on the 22nd floor in the Citigroup Tower in Canary Wharf and had fortunately arrived to work early and had changed trains at Bank to the DLR so avoided Liverpool St - there but for the Grace of God etc.

When word first came through there was a lot of confusion about what was going on and then there was a lot of concern because we were not allowed to leave our floor as there were rumours that a bomber had been taken down in Canary Wharf Tube or the shopping centre underneath our building - it must have been a false rumour or a wrongful arrest because we never heard anything more about it after the event.

At around 1:30pm we were told that we could if we wanted to leave and try and get home but there was not a lot of info coming through on what transport was available.
Myself and a friend from work who lived in Sudbury decided we would try to walk back in from the Docklands and see if we could get buses towards North London from the outskirts of the "City" because I felt if we could get as far as any where Mill Hill then we could both get the 114 bus out to Ruislip. I went downstairs to the John Lewis in the shopping centre under our building and bought the cheapest pair of trainers they had that fit to try and make the walking more comfortable.
We headed off on foot at 2:10 and I rang the Mrs to tell her that we were leaving so she may not hear from us for a while - I have this vague memory that the mobile phone network was rumoured to have been taken down - perhaps it was just in meltdown in our area.
We walked back in along Commercial Road and we were conscious that we were heading back in to the City of London and not away from it but it appeared to be the only way and the place was in gridlock. I can't remember the exact route we took but I think I am blessed with a good knowledge of London and could navigate from place to place based on the major roads and signs and we ended up skirting the edge of the City and then got a series of buses that got us back through Tottenham and eventually we managed to find the correct bus that got us over to Mill Hill.
At one point on the journey I remember getting a call on my mobile from my brother who was in a hospital bed in Tenerife as he had knackered his back on holiday and he was anxious to find out where I was and what was going on once the news got through to his hospital bed.
I remember that I walked in at exactly 8:10pm as it had taken us exactly 6hrs door to door after leaving - but we were just thankful to be home as many people never arrived home that day.
That finished me with working in the City and Canary Wharf and it took me a while to find a job away from Central London - about 18months - but I was never the same again on the tube - anyone who got on a train with a tan and a rucksack and you could see the eyes nervously looking the carriage at each other praying and it was a long journey from South Ruislip to Canary Wharf on the Central and Jublilee every morning.

I still have those white Addidas trainers I bought that day under the stairs, just can't seem to throw them away because of when, where and why I bought them.

Working in Uxbridge these last 6 years had made me very grateful for the ability to sit in my car in a traffic jam for 30mins every morning rather than have to face going in to town every day. I travelled on the tube for school and work for 27yrs straight and other than going to LR and the odd trip into town a couple of times a year, I don't miss it one bit.

Very sad day and one that I will always have vivid memories of and as others have said, it makes you very proud the way the city pulled together that day and people were all pulling together and helping each other under very stressful circumstances.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

7/7 10th Anniversary on 11:07 - Jul 7 with 2522 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This will be a gut-wrenching day for survivors and for the bereaved.

Thoughts are with them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

7/7 10th Anniversary on 11:21 - Jul 7 with 2475 viewsJuzzie

I left home about 9.30am and noticed the tube station over the road was closed. Didn't think much of it. Riding my motorbike down Baker Street and as well as the station being closed I noticed an unusually larger number of pedestrians.
Again, didn't think too much of it. Turned right onto the Marylebone Road and as I went over the flyover over Edgware Road prior to joining the Westway I noticed police cars, fire engines, ambulances and military vehicles around Edgware Road tube station. "Oh $hit" I thought, that was when I knew something was seriously wrong.

I got into work about 15 minutes later and that's when it all came to light. Everyone at work was acccounted for, either in the office or had managed to phone in, apart from one person who was 7 months pregnant. It was hours before we could get hold of her and she had walked all the way from South Kensington to Chiswick! We were so relieved when she came through the door.

Thankfully no one I knew were involved but a mate of mine was on the very next tube train behind the Edgware Road one. A friend of someone (I don't know them) in our other building had died in the Kings Cross bomb. I also believe a poster on here was also on the Kings Cross train and survived.

RIP to all.

I wan't at Hull but I was at Leicester a few weeks later. The Leicester fans were just as bad as the Hull ones and there was so much anger from the QPR fans who went over to the left side of the away section to confront the home fans. The stewards and Police were brilliant. Very understanding of the anger from the QPR fans and dealt with the situation very well.

I emailed Leicester FC at my utter disgust of the home fans in that section (and commended the stewards & police) but never got a reply.

[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 11:26]
7/7 10th Anniversary on 11:34 - Jul 7 with 2437 viewsizlingtonhoop

I am absolutely not trying to be trite here, this is an actual memory from that day.

It was, in the evening, eerily quiet and I was looking for something - can't remember what - I'd tried Sainsbury's and was heading to Tesco. It was that post-summer storm smell and glinting feel. As I passed a restaurant on Islington Green, I saw an incredibly beautiful young woman in the front window, sat opposite a fat, scruffy monster of a man, obviously completely besotted with him!

How the heck!? thinks I.

It was Alan Davies.

As I once heard Frank Skinner say 'I used to get turned down every night, since I've been on the tele, it's BONANZA TIME!'

No comment on a terrible day, just something that stuck in my mind because I know exactly when it happened.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024