Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7/7 10th Anniversary 19:46 - Jul 6 with 5138 viewsexiled_dictator

while i have a quiet moment ....

cannot believe that 10 years has passed since the devastating terrorist attacks on london that claimed so many innocent lives, and affected so many more.

i had to come back from gloucester road tube station in the late afternoon, and remember two things very clearly:
1. i had a grey adidas rucksack, and with my ethnic origins and how i look, i was stopped 4 times before i was allowed to enter the underground station
2. despite being rush hour, i was the only person on the station platform

i have never forgot those images of the torn apart bus, or the pictures of the one bomber who moved closer to the pram.
home grown terrorists?
i don't think so.
as i have repeatedly said to anyone who cares to listen, nationality is a mute issue for these people. they work on religion, sect, class, creed and other issues that has nothing to do with anything. random attacks justified with propaganda (you bombed us, so we will bomb you) and lies.

i am not ashamed of who i am and my religion, but i am ashamed that these people present themselves as muslims, carry out murderous terrorist attacks in the name of islam, and that some perceive that all muslims think like this.
but they sat that things have to get worse before they get better; i truly hope that they will get better.
Insha'Allah.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

7/7 10th Anniversary on 11:51 - Jul 7 with 1761 viewsisawqpratwcity

They put the 2012 BBC doco "7/7: One Day In London" on last Sunday. Sensitively made, the immediacy, the continued presence of the pain of the survivors, relatives and rescuers, was tangible. My thoughts are with them.

As for the people that do this stuff...well, its a shame that I don't believe in damnation. You'd hope that these things would square up somehow.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

7/7 10th Anniversary on 12:34 - Jul 7 with 1677 viewstheselector

Remember it well:
6/7 watched the Olympic announcement and cheered, thus waking up my wife upstairs who was trying to get some kip after spenting the night in pain (she was in labour - baby not Blair).
7/7 spent the day going in and out of St Georges waiting for my eldest to arrive. At one point they stopped me from going in as they thought they were going to get casualties from the bombings. At 11pm he was delivered via C section. Surreal, sad, happy.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 13:29 - Jul 7 with 1593 viewsLutonianR

The 10 years has flown by...

I remember I was working at Luton University at the time, someone had come out of one of the offices telling us to look at the news. My first instinct was to contact my gf at the time who was driving her mum to St Mary's Hospital that morning from Notting Hill, but with the mobile network down I wasn't able to get through. Her dad had heard the bus bomb go off from where he was working at Great Ormond Street.

The weekend after she had come up to Luton to see me, and whilst standing at Luton station as she was heading back we commented how far away from it all it seemed. A couple of days later I was at work again when they closed Luton station because 'explosive devices' had been found in a car at the station's car park from where the bomber's had parked there on their way into London. It turned out we weren't as far away from it as we thought!

A few days after that was the minibus bomb in Kusadasi, Turkey where my parents had not long returned from their holiday. They had also planned to go on a Nile cruise when the riots kicked of in Egypt, and were in Tunisia at the time of the recent shooting. I've made a note never to go on holiday with my parents!

I remember the first time I went into London after the bombings, I was due to get a train to West Hampstead where my ex was going to pick me up. Instead a fire at Cricklewood forced my train to terminate at Mill Hill Broadway, meaning I had to go to get a bus to Mill Hill East where I caught the tube, the atmosphere in the tube carriage was surreal because of the tension.

Ultimately whatever ridiculous excuses these terrorists use for their actions it's always the innocent people that suffer regardless of their nationality, race, or religion, and it's not just those caught up directly in the incidents that suffer.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 13:46 - Jul 7 with 1554 viewslondonscottish

7/7 10th Anniversary on 12:34 - Jul 7 by theselector

Remember it well:
6/7 watched the Olympic announcement and cheered, thus waking up my wife upstairs who was trying to get some kip after spenting the night in pain (she was in labour - baby not Blair).
7/7 spent the day going in and out of St Georges waiting for my eldest to arrive. At one point they stopped me from going in as they thought they were going to get casualties from the bombings. At 11pm he was delivered via C section. Surreal, sad, happy.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about the jubilation of the day before.

Still, the miserabilist feckers didn't stop us enjoying our Olympics when they evetually came round.

Normal life and happiness goes on despite what the death cult want us to be thinking.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

7/7 10th Anniversary on 14:00 - Jul 7 with 1529 viewsFDC

7/7 10th Anniversary on 12:34 - Jul 7 by theselector

Remember it well:

Wow, that must have been truly bizarre.

I was living up north at the time, and remember watching the rolling news at my girlfriend's house. I remember the sickening feeling of the world tilting off its axis - I suppose a bit like when I was hit head on by a car whilst riding my bike, like I could see events unfolding but they just don't seem like they can possibly be happening - and the distinct feeling of watching historical events with far reaching consequences take place.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 14:29 - Jul 7 with 1474 viewsQPR1882

7/7 10th Anniversary on 18:11 - Jul 7 with 1355 viewsjohncharles

7/7 10th Anniversary on 10:09 - Jul 7 by robith

Don't talk about this very often, but I was at Senate House Library returning books to ensure I was allowed to graduate that morning. Heard the 30 bus explode the street over at Tavistock Square. You always think it would this huge thing like the movies, but it was this kinda of crushing pop. Will never forget the smell in the air.

I often find solace in Livingstone's speech the next day (please don't ruin my reflection by criticising the man for his faults right now, thanks)

I want to say one thing specifically to the world today. This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty and the powerful. It was not aimed at Presidents or Prime Ministers. It was aimed at ordinary, working-class Londoners, black and white, Muslim and Christian, Hindu and Jew, young and old. It was an indiscriminate attempt to slaughter, irrespective of any considerations for age, for class, for religion, or whatever.

That isn?t an ideology, it isn?t even a perverted faith - it is just an indiscriminate attempt at mass murder and we know what the objective is. They seek to divide Londoners. They seek to turn Londoners against each other. I said yesterday to the International Olympic Committee, that the city of London is the greatest in the world, because everybody lives side by side in harmony. Londoners will not be divided by this cowardly attack. They will stand together in solidarity alongside those who have been injured and those who have been bereaved and that is why I?m proud to be the mayor of that city.

Finally, I wish to speak directly to those who came to London today to take life.

I know that you personally do not fear giving up your own life in order to take others - that is why you are so dangerous. But I know you fear that you may fail in your long-term objective to destroy our free society and I can show you why you will fail.

In the days that follow look at our airports, look at our sea ports and look at our railway stations and, even after your cowardly attack, you will see that people from the rest of Britain, people from around the world will arrive in London to become Londoners and to fulfil their dreams and achieve their potential.

They choose to come to London, as so many have come before because they come to be free, they come to live the life they choose, they come to be able to be themselves. They flee you because you tell them how they should live. They don?t want that and nothing you do, however many of us you kill, will stop that flight to our city where freedom is strong and where people can live in harmony with one another. Whatever you do, however many you kill, you will fail.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 11:35]

just heard a recording on the Radio 4. Tremendously moving. Say's it all.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 18:13]

Strong and stable my arse.

7/7 10th Anniversary on 19:23 - Jul 7 with 1309 viewslondonscottish

7/7 10th Anniversary on 18:11 - Jul 7 by johncharles

just heard a recording on the Radio 4. Tremendously moving. Say's it all.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 18:13]

Yeah, great speech.

I actually expected Blair to make a very similar speech after 9/11 but he decided to take the other path along with Hiram Bombthebastards.

Livingston was spot on. Tell them that they will fail. Because they will.

RIP to the poor folk that just happened to be in the wrong place that day.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

7/7 10th Anniversary on 20:36 - Jul 7 with 1247 viewsHollowayRanger

after 7/7 and more so 9/11

I realized that none of us are really safe anymore and that there are scum that will do anything god help us if they ever get their hands on a nuke

one I will never forget is that failed bomber in a later attack on the tube who went and stood next to a young mother and her baby in a pram before trying to set off his bomb

they just don't care who they kill and any that go to fight in Syria should have their british passports and national identity forfitted

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

7/7 10th Anniversary on 23:18 - Jul 7 with 1164 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I was a teacher at a behaviour referal unit in Hammersmith at the time. We were due to go on a trip to central London that morning. Got to West Ken station just as they closed it saying power surge further down the line. Remember all kids collected by lunchtime that day. I too salute the efforts of those who infiltrate,observe and intervene to stop/delay another atrocity. I'm now a Deputy Headteacher and have often thought what a soft target we could be.
7/7 10th Anniversary on 23:41 - Jul 7 with 1137 viewsnewgolddream

Remember the day well in 2005. Was leaving Ireland with my wife on our way to Ibiza for the pre-season tournament which QPR won. We flew from Dublin to Stansted and then boarded another plane for Ibiza. We were actually amazed that we were able to travel at all considering the atrocities that had ocurred in London that day. My heart still goes out to all those families who lost loved ones and also to those who received terrible injuries on that day. Does any other R's fans recall travelling to Ibiza on that day???
7/7 10th Anniversary on 12:07 - Jul 8 with 1031 viewsBrightonhoop

Doesn´t seem possible 10 years have passed.

I remember the pride at London getting the Olympics the previous day, and the anger that anyone would attack Londoners the following day. Checked in with family and friends in London before the networks went down, then followed the news on BBC and on here. Livingstone was spot on.

It was Smiffy who used to post here who was on a carriage at the rear of the Piccadilly train and survived, but had to walk down the tracks back to the station. He never used the tubes again, and passed away a couple of years back.

Several things I remember, on the telly, armed police taking a bloke down in the street in Kensington I think it was, searching for a bomb. Thousands of people walking. Livingston leading the way only he could. Anger, alot of anger, two of the lines I used to use on a daily basis for decades before moving the family to Brighton. The walking injured, and the medics setting up triage on the streets, military vehicles on Londons streets, and later, on the C4 7pm news, 300 or so Leeds skinheads gathering at a pub near the area where one of the bombers had come from and absolutely no police presence at all. They didn´t attack, there had been enough for one day, that day, despite the anger. And the scummy Hull fans first game of the season.

RIP to all who perished.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024