Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dubai travel advice (*NON QPR) 10:26 - Jul 7 with 1656 viewsthame_hoops

Folks,

Has anyone got any advice on going to Dubai, me and my lady aren't married, is this still a NO-NO?

Looking at August and found a Hilton all inclusive that includes alcohol, again I thought alcohol wasn't allowed.

I've also read the lady needs to cover up etc on way from airport to resort and the same if you leave the resort but the Mrs is worried she can't wear a bikini or hold hands/show affection in public? Obviously we want to respect local tradition and not insult anyone.

Any advice appreciated, even from DiscoDroid.
Dubai travel advice (*NON QPR) on 10:37 - Jul 7 with 1635 viewseghamranger

You will get loads of advice on here and I think DubaiR still posts. We went in August, a lot cheaper but it's Roasting, seriously hot, August is also Ramadan time so not alcohol during the day. We bought some beers at Dubai airport duty free and it was cheap. Some bars were £10 a pint and that was 3 years ago. Is expensive to eat out so try to get a half or full board hotel. Great beaches, bars, hotels, shopping centres and trips are cheap and you don't get any trouble. Nice place to go with the missus but it's not a drinky holiday.
Women wear bikini round the pool and normal clothes, shorts and tops out. Don't know about the affection bit as I've been married 21 years now
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 10:40]
Dubai travel advice (*NON QPR) on 11:57 - Jul 7 with 1564 viewsDeano19766

MY only advice would be don;t go to Dubai! Loads of much nicer places to visit around the world (in fact I would put pretty much everywhere I have been over Dubai - one of the few places I wouldn't go back to)

Having said all that, it depends on what you go on holiday for I suppose. If you enjoy sitting round a pool doing feck all except having a few beers and a bite to eat, and of course going shopping, then it could be just the place I suppose.

Not a fan of the middle east (sh!te hole) as you will probably guess
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 12:03]
Dubai travel advice (*NON QPR) on 12:14 - Jul 7 with 1527 viewslondonscottish

To correct an earlier post Ramadan is happening now.

I was in Marrakech a couple of weeks ago and despite Ramadan I could always get a drink. Just had to do it in the hotel, in a restaurant or in some sort of spa complex style thing.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Dubai travel advice (*NON QPR) on 13:08 - Jul 7 with 1464 viewsDubaiR

Ramadan finishes mid July, then Eid which is a 3 day public holiday.

In terms of beaches,pools, bars and places to eat it's great. If the GF loves malls it's great but shopping is cheaper online or in UK (clothes wise) electrical system still cheaper here.

No issues not being married and as said the night life is good just no sex on the beach or in a shop door way;)

The covering up is bollox. Just be respectful. You will see bikinis everywhere, as well as short skirts, knee high boots and low cut tops etc. The only thing you can't do and signs up about is walk around a mall in bikini or a see through beach dress etc.

Apart from that you will be fine. Drop me a pm if you want my number, loads of good 2 for 1 vouchers we won't use before end of the year.
Dubai travel advice (*NON QPR) on 13:12 - Jul 7 with 1450 viewsDubaiR

On another note I am away 6th to the 18 and the villa is empty. You can have my place if you walk the dog in morning and again at night;). The complex has a pool and we are 10 minutes from Dubai marina in a cab and about 10 min from the QPR bar, little bit of out of town in terms of nothing in walking distance so probably not ideal
Dubai travel advice (*NON QPR) on 14:43 - Jul 7 with 1360 viewsellersliehoop

I've been to Dubai 5 or 6 times and have enjoyed every trip

August will be very hot 40-50C

Eating and drinking is expensive so all inclusive is a good option as is stocking up at duty free in Dubai. Swimwear is fine around the pool/beach, but wouldn't recommend walking round the shopping mall in your speedos! Holding hands is fine etc
Dubai travel advice (*NON QPR) on 15:14 - Jul 7 with 1335 viewsthame_hoops

thanks guys, everyone keeps telling my mrs scare stories etc and its making her paranoid about going, its the non-married bit people keep saying you can get arrested etc as you shouldnt be sharing a hotel room
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 15:15]
Dubai travel advice (*NON QPR) on 15:17 - Jul 7 with 1328 viewsDubaiR

Rubbish mate. You shouldn't live together if not married but loads do like my brother and his GF.
Login to get fewer ads

Dubai travel advice (*NON QPR) on 19:46 - Jul 7 with 1225 viewscyprusmel

Make sure you take a trip to the Irish Village (Guinness is good for you) good food as well. Taxi are reasonable price, if you are going to drink make sure you go from pub to hotel in one. Great place to visit as I'm sure DubaiR will tell you. In fact from memory the taxi was cheaper than the Guinness.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024