Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CHIEF 13:56 - Jul 24 with 2775 viewssimmo

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/nedum-onuoha-qpr-fan-100-edith-scott-2566466.a

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

CHIEF on 13:58 - Jul 24 with 2750 viewsLblock

Edith said on presentation of the new top "Get my name of that piece of sh1t kit... hoops man, it hoops we play in for ducks sake"

Farkin liberty!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

CHIEF on 13:59 - Jul 24 with 2744 viewsrsonist

From a PR perspective you could hardly invent a better captain. Let's hope the responsibility translates onto the pitch too.
CHIEF on 14:00 - Jul 24 with 2723 viewsPunteR

Chief.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

CHIEF on 14:13 - Jul 24 with 2658 viewsHunterhoop

He does seem to be a very good person.

I rate him as a CB highly, but even I hope that the captaincy brings out some further confidence and aggression in him.

Personally, I wouldn't be averse to him laying the law down and being a bit intimidating now and again with some of his team mates. Could have been entirely justified with some over the last few years.
CHIEF on 14:16 - Jul 24 with 2640 viewssimmo

CHIEF on 14:13 - Jul 24 by Hunterhoop

He does seem to be a very good person.

I rate him as a CB highly, but even I hope that the captaincy brings out some further confidence and aggression in him.

Personally, I wouldn't be averse to him laying the law down and being a bit intimidating now and again with some of his team mates. Could have been entirely justified with some over the last few years.

He gave the German as earful after we conceded the goal on Wednesday to be fair. He also got it from the other side with Hill - poor guy!

Agree he needs to be more assertive, he has the respect of the group, he's experienced and he's fckin huge. A few bollockings here and there won't do anybody any harm.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

CHIEF on 14:23 - Jul 24 with 2610 viewsJonDoeman

Nice one. The community part of the club is working very well.

It Is What It Is !!

CHIEF on 14:32 - Jul 24 with 2562 viewsBklynRanger

Very nice. So her first match was 1923 - that's insane. Edith should be on her every week smugly lording it over us for not remembering Jock McNab.
CHIEF on 14:34 - Jul 24 with 2536 viewsNorthernr

Can Edith get a team together for next Sunday?
Login to get fewer ads

CHIEF on 14:42 - Jul 24 with 2505 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Very nice, good work form Ned and the club.

Does anyone remember that thread very funny on the old board "Doris QPR's oldest fan"? Just been reminded of it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

CHIEF on 14:54 - Jul 24 with 2464 viewsJAPRANGERS

SIR CHIEF

CHIEF on 15:57 - Jul 24 with 2312 viewshopphoops

CHIEF on 14:16 - Jul 24 by simmo

He gave the German as earful after we conceded the goal on Wednesday to be fair. He also got it from the other side with Hill - poor guy!

Agree he needs to be more assertive, he has the respect of the group, he's experienced and he's fckin huge. A few bollockings here and there won't do anybody any harm.

Against Verona micro-stars, where you could hear everything going on, i was surprised to hear him barking out instructions a couple of times. Maybe he'd been briefed to be more vocal...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

CHIEF on 16:38 - Jul 24 with 2225 viewsHunterhoop

CHIEF on 15:57 - Jul 24 by hopphoops

Against Verona micro-stars, where you could hear everything going on, i was surprised to hear him barking out instructions a couple of times. Maybe he'd been briefed to be more vocal...

Personally, whilst he's clearly not an Alan McDonald leader, I've never bought into this "he's a quiet lad who says nothing" view. There have been a lot of games where, from the Loft, you can clearly see him ordering people about.

Caulker is much much quieter on the pitch.

Similarly, for all his huff and puffing, Barton Balls was not the one ordering the midfield about; he was just mouthy with the ref and at set pieces. In open play, it was clearly Karl Henry who was shouting instructions out to all and shouting at people to get in position.

But it's easier for people to stick to their pre-conceived ideas sometimes.
CHIEF on 17:47 - Jul 24 with 2109 viewsAntti_Heinola

CHIEF on 16:38 - Jul 24 by Hunterhoop

Personally, whilst he's clearly not an Alan McDonald leader, I've never bought into this "he's a quiet lad who says nothing" view. There have been a lot of games where, from the Loft, you can clearly see him ordering people about.

Caulker is much much quieter on the pitch.

Similarly, for all his huff and puffing, Barton Balls was not the one ordering the midfield about; he was just mouthy with the ref and at set pieces. In open play, it was clearly Karl Henry who was shouting instructions out to all and shouting at people to get in position.

But it's easier for people to stick to their pre-conceived ideas sometimes.

agree Hunter. I've always been a bit surprised people see him as quiet. I don't think the nickname other players have given him is a sarcastic one.
Also, the idea all good captains have to scream and bark like a demented John Terry seems strange to me. Wilkins was a good captain for us. As was Maddix for a year or so. Steve Palmer was probably our best captain of the last 20 years or so, despite him not being our best player by a mile, and he wasn't exactly a 'bollocker' either.

Bare bones.

CHIEF on 08:30 - Jul 25 with 1854 viewsCHUBBS

Although he sometimes drives me nuts,I have a lot of respect and good feeling toward him so really hope this captaincy has a positive effect on his game.
He isn't the greatest ball player around but can be one hell of a defender when his confidence is up.
CHIEF on 09:28 - Jul 25 with 1792 viewsSpiritofGregory

Nice person but not a captain. Think of Alan McDonald, that's a captain.
CHIEF on 09:31 - Jul 25 with 1789 viewsbosh67

I can't believe we are still going on about the kit in this thread. Surely we should be more concerned about Edith Scott getting a 4 year contract extension. She's a 100 years old. That's almost as old as Bobby Zamora was.

Happy birthday Edith. The century Ranger!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

CHIEF on 16:37 - Jul 25 with 1660 viewsPunteR

CHIEF on 09:28 - Jul 25 by SpiritofGregory

Nice person but not a captain. Think of Alan McDonald, that's a captain.

Well, he is captain . A different one to McDonald,but still captain.
Comes across as a top man.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

CHIEF on 15:25 - Jul 28 with 1411 viewsGetMeRangers

CHIEF on 09:31 - Jul 25 by bosh67

I can't believe we are still going on about the kit in this thread. Surely we should be more concerned about Edith Scott getting a 4 year contract extension. She's a 100 years old. That's almost as old as Bobby Zamora was.

Happy birthday Edith. The century Ranger!

Even more incredible - and no idea why the club didnt mention it - Edith has not missed a home game, either at LR or White City, for 72 years!

Is following QPR the elixir to longevity?

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/top-this-qpr-fan-att
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024