Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got to say I'm worried 13:16 - Jul 27 with 8764 viewsbaz_qpr

Having talked the talk for the last few months we certainly dont seem to be walking the walk.

A shambolic pre-season
Failure to recruit a single player with championship experience
Failure to do business early enough in both sales and acquisitions
Less than 2 weeks to the start of the season no recognised senior right back

We no what happens if you dont hit the ground running in this league you very soon find yourself in a Wigan / Bolton / Fulham position
Got to say I'm worried on 13:25 - Jul 27 with 4818 viewsaston_hoop

1. A shambolic pre-season - Name me one that wasn't??
2. Failure to recruit a single player with Championship experience - We have recruited several with Premiership Experience in recent years and thats worked out well hasn't it?? Green, Traore, Caulker, Onouha, Hill, Yun, Phillips, Faurlin, Henry, Hoilett, Austin, Diakite, Mackie, Jet, Luongo, Robinson all have Championship experience so we should have enough!
3. Failure to do business early enough - We signed 5 players before pre-season started
4. Less that 2 weeks to the start of the season and no senior right back - Nedem Onouha

Our current squad will survive in the Championship. Some are young enough to improve as we rebuild this club slowly. Lets just enjoy no Redknapp, no overpaid mercenaries, a few of our own academy boys and an attempt to play attractive football.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 13:32]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Got to say I'm worried on 13:35 - Jul 27 with 4754 viewsdaveB

hasn't Mackie for championship experience?
Got to say I'm worried on 13:36 - Jul 27 with 4741 viewsadhoc_qpr

Got to say I'm worried on 13:25 - Jul 27 by aston_hoop

2. Failure to recruit a single player with Championship experience - We have recruited several with Premiership Experience in recent years and thats worked out well hasn't it?? Green, Traore, Caulker, Onouha, Hill, Yun, Phillips, Faurlin, Henry, Hoilett, Austin, Diakite, Mackie, Jet, Luongo, Robinson all have Championship experience so we should have enough!
3. Failure to do business early enough - We signed 5 players before pre-season started
4. Less that 2 weeks to the start of the season and no senior right back - Nedem Onouha

Our current squad will survive in the Championship. Some are young enough to improve as we rebuild this club slowly. Lets just enjoy no Redknapp, no overpaid mercenaries, a few of our own academy boys and an attempt to play attractive football.

Mackie has plenty of Championship experience to be fair!

But i agree with your overall point, we could do with a couple of Derry, Hill type signings to solidify the team.

I think it's a dangerous attitude to think we can survive with this woefully imbalanced squad - i'm sure Wigan thought the same!

Still plenty of time to shore us up for survival, but if TF secretly expects/wants to bounce straight back he's going to be disappointed as it stands.
Got to say I'm worried on 13:47 - Jul 27 with 4678 viewsWeaverQPR

We've been starved of youth team players coming through for years yet now we seem to have enough to rival the Class of 92.

@WeavQPR

Got to say I'm worried on 13:48 - Jul 27 with 4676 viewssimmo

Got to say I'm worried on 13:35 - Jul 27 by daveB

hasn't Mackie for championship experience?

NOBODY

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Got to say I'm worried on 13:58 - Jul 27 with 4624 viewsBakes

My only concerns are the copious amounts of midfielders we have and it looks like we're after yet another one. we need defenders and it's obvious for all to see that Charlie WILL leave us on Sky Sports News Lets All Wear Yellow and W@nk over Jim White Deadline Day and we will be up Sh1t creek with no arm bands

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Got to say I'm worried on 14:04 - Jul 27 with 4581 viewsMonahoop

Long past worrying about how this club haphazardly prepares itself for a campaign down the years. I always think there is some other club in the league as chaotically prepared as the R's. There has to be. There must be. Isn't there?? Anyone??

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Got to say I'm worried on 14:06 - Jul 27 with 4567 viewsbosh67

Okay Baz, calm down.

Shambolic pre-season - yes, but it is about training. I think Italy will be off future agendas.
Championship players. Mackie, JET and then Hill, Ned, Ali, Henry, Yun, Phillips, Green etc already here
Sales and acquisitions. 14 (I think) senior players off the wage bill. £9m in for Sterling (club record so far), £3.5 for McCarthy. £12.5m in so far and probably £15m for Charlie. So potentially £27m+ in plus loss of stupid wages. 6 in, including Luongo and Gladwin for £3.5m combined. Both look excellent. Chery in for £2.5m. Polter £1m. So only £7m spent so far and the rest in on frees.
Right back. Kind of with you on that one although I suspect we will get one in the next week.

I think the club may well avoid the FFP fine as the rule has been scrapped. So difficult legally to take us to task still on it. However, until that is avoided the club has to be prudent and realistic.

It has to be realistic anyway. We have cut £1m a week in wages from this time last season. That's a huge saving.

Ramsey and Ferdinand want an attacking team, as do we all, it's what we are best at. But I am under no illusions that we are going up again this season. Mid to top half would do me with a team that plays the right way and evolves.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Got to say I'm worried on 14:34 - Jul 27 with 4481 viewsPhilmyRs

My concerns:

Right back. Furlong’s talented but not ready to be a first choice in the Championship..…yet.

Centre back. I like the look of Ned and Caulker as a pairing but Ned has a history of pulling up with minor injuries. Having only a 36 year old in reserve is living dangerously.We need cover.

Striker. Austin will go, we all know it and with it will disappear a guaranteed 15-20 goals. I think the German lad could be a good buy, and looks like he’s well suited to the one up top system we’ll be employing, but having a plan B, an option to either go 2 up front or replace the big man if he’s not performing isn’t around at the moment. Leicester showed (especially at Championship level) that 2 strikers can be lethal. I like the system we’re going to be using, but good to have options to change and add some competition.

Goalkeeper. Most important position on a pitch. We need cover for Green.

Leadership. Not as discussed a much as I thought but the biggest problem I can see with our current team concerns leadership and character.

I think all shortages in the above positions will be addressed ahead of the window closing. I’m not too concerned at the moment. However, I do worry we’re not looking at the character/leadership of the team as much as we should.

Take the Warnock team - Derry, Heider, Mackie, Smith, Ali and Hill. Players prepared to put their body on the line, sacrifice their own performance for the good of the team (or for Adel Tarrabt as was often the case). I see a lot of talent in the players arriving — JET, Cherry, the Swindon lads etc — but other than Mackie, should things go wrong early on, I have serious concerns about the character of the side. In fact, I think if we did add one or two vocal, leader types to the team, I can see all the new signings performance levels improving further. They’re not the sought after players or the ones that get you off your seat at matches, but certain characters/leaders can transform a good side, into a great one.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 14:36]
Got to say I'm worried on 14:54 - Jul 27 with 4382 viewsThGrimRanger

Agreed.

I think that QPR is a club that's still sliding downwards. Ferdinand and Ramsey are a couple of chancers who saw an opportunity to grab positions that neither were qualified to do. They believe they can turn the club around but they're winging it and will more than likely fail and fail miserably.

The good cop (Ramsey), bad cop (Les) routine will soon wear thin if we get off to a bad start and the changing room will be there to be lost.

We have one of the best squads in the championship in terms of the quality of player and probably one if not the biggest payrolls (maybe just behind Hull).

A good start may build momentum and a fair season although finishing between 17th and 20th after a very rocky season is the most likely outcome.

...really hope I'm wrong on this.

TheGrimRanger

Got to say I'm worried on 15:08 - Jul 27 with 4322 viewsAntti_Heinola

Got to say I'm worried on 14:54 - Jul 27 by ThGrimRanger

Agreed.

I think that QPR is a club that's still sliding downwards. Ferdinand and Ramsey are a couple of chancers who saw an opportunity to grab positions that neither were qualified to do. They believe they can turn the club around but they're winging it and will more than likely fail and fail miserably.

The good cop (Ramsey), bad cop (Les) routine will soon wear thin if we get off to a bad start and the changing room will be there to be lost.

We have one of the best squads in the championship in terms of the quality of player and probably one if not the biggest payrolls (maybe just behind Hull).

A good start may build momentum and a fair season although finishing between 17th and 20th after a very rocky season is the most likely outcome.

How are they not qualified?
Why are they chancers?
What are you basing that on?

so they're not qualified and they'll fail miserably, but we have one of the best squads in the league. How does that work?

Bare bones.

Got to say I'm worried on 15:24 - Jul 27 with 4244 viewsithastogetbetter

Good grief. How can the changes to our club in the last 5 or so months not be a move in the right direction. 2 blood sucking parasite managers and most of their poorly judged recruits are gone. The average age of the squad has been dramatically improved (Clint will surely provide great leadership skills), CR and LF are proper football people and don't appear to have a stench about them like Hughes and Redknapp. The new CEO has rebuilding/strengthening experience.

Can we stop the f$$king moaning and get behind the team.

Rant over

U rrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
Got to say I'm worried on 15:36 - Jul 27 with 4197 viewssimmo

Agreed.

Properly living up to your username there!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Got to say I'm worried on 15:36 - Jul 27 with 4195 viewsThGrimRanger

Got to say I'm worried on 15:08 - Jul 27 by Antti_Heinola

Why are they chancers?

so they're not qualified and they'll fail miserably, but we have one of the best squads in the league. How does that work?

How are they not qualified? ....neither has worked in the current role in the UK
Why are they chancers? ...they took the opportunity of Redknapps failure around the turn of the year. Reckon Les had softened TF up and worked on his theory that CR could keep us up...HA! ...everyone else who appointed a new manager got better and we got worse. We rewarded abject failure.

I said "we have one of the best squads in the league in terms of quality of player"

....not in terms of balance of squad or championship experience or the gutsy type of player that we'll need for this coming season. The fact that we have these quality players will make our failure even more embarrassing (look at Fulham last season).

rose coloured specs / morose coloured specs, we're just taking a punt on what we think will happen this coming season....and I predict problems

TheGrimRanger

Got to say I'm worried on 16:09 - Jul 27 with 4109 viewsspencer

Got to say I'm worried on 15:36 - Jul 27 by ThGrimRanger

How are they not qualified? ....neither has worked in the current role in the UK
Why are they chancers? ...they took the opportunity of Redknapps failure around the turn of the year. Reckon Les had softened TF up and worked on his theory that CR could keep us up...HA! ...everyone else who appointed a new manager got better and we got worse. We rewarded abject failure.

I said "we have one of the best squads in the league in terms of quality of player"

....not in terms of balance of squad or championship experience or the gutsy type of player that we'll need for this coming season. The fact that we have these quality players will make our failure even more embarrassing (look at Fulham last season).

rose coloured specs / morose coloured specs, we're just taking a punt on what we think will happen this coming season....and I predict problems

On the plus side...Luongo and Gladwin look good.
Got to say I'm worried on 16:35 - Jul 27 with 4029 viewsadhoc_qpr

Calling them chancers is very harsh, you've got to start somewhere and I think Les and Ramsey obviously impressed TF with their enthusiasm after Redknapp's detached tenure.

They are both qualified at least (if not experienced).

Ramsey was obviously very lucky to get a second chance but the Director of Football system does mean the head coach is easy enough to change without major disruption (i.e. no need to clear out the whole coaching staff etc).

We have the thinnest defence and one of the weakest attacks in the league currently - i think that will still be the case come the season opener, but hopefully will be improved by the end of the window.
Got to say I'm worried on 16:48 - Jul 27 with 3989 viewsAntti_Heinola

Got to say I'm worried on 15:36 - Jul 27 by ThGrimRanger

Obviously there'll be problems mate - when do you have a season without problems?

By your first argument, football managers would never exist as they'd need to become a football manager to be a football manager. But they couldn't become a football manager, because they've never been a football manager before. Ramsey has been a coach for decades - he's far more 'qualified' than many managers that walk straight into head coach roles after they finish playing. Meanwhile, Les has done a PFA-backed and FA-backed Governance Course and various other management courses in addition to a lifetime in the game, much of it spent at our club when the youth system was run better. Again, he's probably far more 'qualified' than most people in his position, plus he has Hoos next to him who is vastly experienced. Experience doesn't mean everything - if you only ever appointed experienced people there'd be a dearth of new ideas and fresh methods.

I'm not sure anyone thought we would stay up once the window had gone I'm afraid. Much is spoke of Sherwood's 'improvement' at Villa - He took 16 points in 13 games. That would not have kept us up by a long chalk. And I don't think Les convinced TF that Ramsey would keep us up - in the end, it was simply the prudent option to take. To call what CR did in a few months, heavy with injuries and lumbered with Redknapp's hopelessly lopsided squad 'abject failure' is, to put it lightly, unfair. Admittedly, I'm not sure he particularly earned the job after two of his last 3 games resulted in proper whackings, but at the same time he did some good things that give me some optimism. Neil's posts on another thread speak to that too. And the players who remain certainly seem to respect him.

Chancers? If you mean seeing an opportunity and taking it - yes, they probably are. I don't see a lot wrong in that and Les certainly has made a lot of changes for the better as far as I can tell. But a bit of a nasty word to use IMO. Uncalled for.

Don't get me wrong - I've said before that I doubt CR will be manager in a year. But I hope he does ok and that he's still here in a year. And I do think next season will be a struggle, but I'm not too disappointed in that as long as foundations are laid and the club and the team and the style of play move forward. I've got patience. Hope other fans have that too.

Bare bones.

Got to say I'm worried on 17:05 - Jul 27 with 3927 viewsconnell10

Agreed.

Totally disagree with everything in this post!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Got to say I'm worried on 17:35 - Jul 27 with 3829 viewsThGrimRanger

Got to say I'm worried on 17:05 - Jul 27 by connell10

Totally disagree with everything in this post!

we'll see.

It won't stop me going to all our home games and supporting the team whatever. I may whinge on here and in the car on the way home but never at HQ.

TheGrimRanger

Got to say I'm worried on 17:50 - Jul 27 with 3777 viewsJamie

Would be on the phone to City personally trying to get Manu Garcia on loan & see if they can get Angelino back from New York.

Incredible AM & LB that are both planned to be in their first team next season.
Got to say I'm worried on 18:39 - Jul 27 with 3648 viewsSpiritofGregory

Got to say I'm worried on 13:25 - Jul 27 by aston_hoop

We need to go up within 3 seasons, those parachute payments don't last forever.
Got to say I'm worried on 18:45 - Jul 27 with 3630 viewsSpiritofGregory

Got to say I'm worried on 15:08 - Jul 27 by Antti_Heinola

Why are they chancers?

I can't believe you have actually asked, How are they not qualified?
Got to say I'm worried on 19:21 - Jul 27 with 3541 viewsessextaxiboy

Chery was playing in the top Dutch league
Got to say I'm worried on 22:22 - Jul 27 with 3368 viewsaston_hoop

Got to say I'm worried on 18:39 - Jul 27 by SpiritofGregory

We need to go up within 3 seasons, those parachute payments don't last forever.

Thanks for that contribution. I will take a note of that next time I have positive thoughts.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 22:25]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Got to say I'm worried on 00:23 - Jul 28 with 3261 viewsbaz_qpr

Sorry not trying to be overly negative but I don't see a spine to this team, We have a keeper, a fairly decent midfield, we will lose Charlie so we've got very little upfront. Yes Mackie has championship experience but we need some quality in at centre half and if it is the case that caulker is going because he does not want to play championship. Many teams have fallen through this league upon relegation and often because of a complacency that a couple of quality players can be surrounded by unknowns or youth.(Fulham were very lucky to get away with it last year) I'm not even concerned about challenging for play offs, I look at what we have, take Charlie and Matt Phillips out which is likely and the cupboard is very very bare. Two key routes to relegation are lack of goals or an unsettled / unstable back four and both of these are very high risk for us as things stand today
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024