Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Got to say I'm worried 13:16 - Jul 27 with 8766 viewsbaz_qpr

Having talked the talk for the last few months we certainly dont seem to be walking the walk.

A shambolic pre-season
Failure to recruit a single player with championship experience
Failure to do business early enough in both sales and acquisitions
Less than 2 weeks to the start of the season no recognised senior right back

We no what happens if you dont hit the ground running in this league you very soon find yourself in a Wigan / Bolton / Fulham position
Got to say I'm worried on 08:51 - Jul 28 with 2693 viewsCFW

Got to say I'm worried on 00:23 - Jul 28 by baz_qpr

Sorry not trying to be overly negative but I don't see a spine to this team, We have a keeper, a fairly decent midfield, we will lose Charlie so we've got very little upfront. Yes Mackie has championship experience but we need some quality in at centre half and if it is the case that caulker is going because he does not want to play championship. Many teams have fallen through this league upon relegation and often because of a complacency that a couple of quality players can be surrounded by unknowns or youth.(Fulham were very lucky to get away with it last year) I'm not even concerned about challenging for play offs, I look at what we have, take Charlie and Matt Phillips out which is likely and the cupboard is very very bare. Two key routes to relegation are lack of goals or an unsettled / unstable back four and both of these are very high risk for us as things stand today

A real mixed bag on this forum at the moment re the current team, how unbalanced it is and the pre-season disaster. Cannot argue about the pre-season it has been another total disaster. The CURRENT squad is unbalanced and have to agree with Baz re the spine of the team.

Green is a proven keeper and although his age is slightly against him he will do a good job. We have no right back, Furlong has promise but nothing more. Ned is NOT a right back as we have found out to our cost before. We have little cover in the centre of defence and although Clint has been brilliant for us over the years he should never play in the first team again. Left back another big problem.

Midfield - well where do we start? Toilet is as his name suggests and I really, really hope he goes, Phillips is very hit and miss but will go before the end of the window as will Fer. The two Swindon boys have promise but unproven at this level. Chery looks alike a good signing but still very early days - how will he be on a real heavy pitch in the cold? Ale - not sure he can come back to his standard after all his knee problems. Sandro and the nutter? Who knows? Henry - hopeless in my opinion.

Upfront - Charlie is gone. Mackie is a headless chicken and will not score more than 5 goals. The rest are not much better. Think we are in for a long hard season.

UNLESS - we manage to get two decent full backs, another centre back, keep Phillips and Fer, manage to keep hold of Charlie till January and sign another proven striker.
Got to say I'm worried on 10:25 - Jul 28 with 2601 viewsDiscodroids

outrageous displays of negativity on this thread, let me stamp it out like a viz bottom inspector , humanly destroying a pair of skid marked underpants with a flame thrower..

no defence ?, £177 million in debt?, got a manager with a shitter track record than sonia lannarman ?, got the lead mini moog player from kraftwerk as your big goal scoring hope ??, got more midfielders than ten year old crack heads at Jack Tizard school??, got a chairman that secures his power base like a feudal lord with gifts of nobbys nuts and pints of carling ?? ...then worry not , let Joey Essex from' the only way is essex' chase those unfounded negative vibes away with his P.M.A ! tweets..

Joey Essex ‏@ Jul 26
Good morning. It might take a year or it might take a day but what's meant to be will always find its way. #PMA! X

Joey Essex ‏@ Jul 25
You may think the grass is greener on the other side, but if you take the time to water your own grass it will be just as green. #PMA! X

Joey Essex ‏@ Jul 24
You cannot have a positive life with a negative mind. It's your choice. PMA! X

Joey Essex ‏@ Jul 23
The only time you should ever look back, is to see how far you've come. #PMA! X

Cheers Joey !!, ive got a client at 11.45am to deal with, who killed his neighbours dog in dagenham with a spade..#PMA ! X
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 10:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Got to say I'm worried on 12:22 - Jul 28 with 2519 viewsQPR1882

Got to say I'm worried on 13:25 - Jul 27 by aston_hoop

1. A shambolic pre-season - Name me one that wasn't??
2. Failure to recruit a single player with Championship experience - We have recruited several with Premiership Experience in recent years and thats worked out well hasn't it?? Green, Traore, Caulker, Onouha, Hill, Yun, Phillips, Faurlin, Henry, Hoilett, Austin, Diakite, Mackie, Jet, Luongo, Robinson all have Championship experience so we should have enough!
3. Failure to do business early enough - We signed 5 players before pre-season started
4. Less that 2 weeks to the start of the season and no senior right back - Nedem Onouha

Our current squad will survive in the Championship. Some are young enough to improve as we rebuild this club slowly. Lets just enjoy no Redknapp, no overpaid mercenaries, a few of our own academy boys and an attempt to play attractive football.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2015 13:32]

So your answer is to play a centre back at right back ?
Got to say I'm worried on 12:34 - Jul 28 with 2506 viewsaston_hoop

Got to say I'm worried on 12:22 - Jul 28 by QPR1882

So your answer is to play a centre back at right back ?

We are a Championship side with very little money who shouldn't be rushing in to signing someone just for the hell of them being a senior right back. Onouha is more than adequate for the time being at the level we should be aiming for until we can find someone of sufficient quality, personality and budget.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Got to say I'm worried on 12:36 - Jul 28 with 2492 viewsSpiritofGregory

I think fans need to lower their expectations.
Got to say I'm worried on 13:21 - Jul 28 with 2450 viewsMvpeter

Got to say I'm worried on 12:34 - Jul 28 by aston_hoop

We are a Championship side with very little money who shouldn't be rushing in to signing someone just for the hell of them being a senior right back. Onouha is more than adequate for the time being at the level we should be aiming for until we can find someone of sufficient quality, personality and budget.

He can't play there and is our starting centreback. It's not even a solution let alone a good one.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Got to say I'm worried on 13:23 - Jul 28 with 2447 viewsYugohoop

Got to say I'm worried on 12:36 - Jul 28 by SpiritofGregory

Christ! Really? I'm expecting league one next season and you want me to go even lower?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 13:24]
Got to say I'm worried on 13:27 - Jul 28 with 2436 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Got to say I'm worried on 12:36 - Jul 28 by SpiritofGregory

Not often I agree with you SOG but this is one time.
Login to get fewer ads

Got to say I'm worried on 14:02 - Jul 28 with 2364 viewsTheBlob

Trio in for the long term - god how depressing.It's like waiting for an operation - you know it's going to hurt and you're not sure if you'll survive it.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Got to say I'm worried on 14:15 - Jul 28 with 2336 viewsDiscodroids

Got to say I'm worried on 14:02 - Jul 28 by TheBlob

Trio in for the long term - god how depressing.It's like waiting for an operation - you know it's going to hurt and you're not sure if you'll survive it.

les lee ,dozy, beaky, mick and titch .

#the legend of Tony Fernandes

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Got to say I'm worried on 14:25 - Jul 28 with 2321 viewsQPR1882

Got to say I'm worried on 12:34 - Jul 28 by aston_hoop

So we have learned nothing from last season when we did not have a senior right back after selling Simpson. We got by playing Onouha and hill ( both centre backs ) in that position, and the rest is history.
Got to say I'm worried on 14:45 - Jul 28 with 2289 viewsballbag

Got to say I'm worried on 14:53 - Jul 28 with 2269 viewsJonDoeman

Got to say I'm worried on 14:45 - Jul 28 by ballbag

He's looking on twitter for someone with more of a clue than Ramsey!

It Is What It Is !!

Got to say I'm worried on 14:56 - Jul 28 with 2255 viewsDiscodroids

Got to say I'm worried on 14:45 - Jul 28 by ballbag

its like the cnts talking to john cravens newsround viewers .

do piss off.

[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 15:00]

Got to say I'm worried on 14:59 - Jul 28 with 2255 viewsadhoc_qpr

Got to say I'm worried on 14:53 - Jul 28 by JonDoeman

He's looking on twitter for someone with more of a clue than Ramsey!

Maybe Chris, Les and Tony are all stumped, so thought they'd ask Twitter for an answer!

It's all very quiet on the transfer front bar Perch (from dubious news sources) and Guediora (yet another midfielder) - which is either good because we're not leaking to the press or bad because we aren't getting anywhere...

We can't afford to start badly and write off 5 games in August while we faff around with transfers (jn and out) though - Ramsey's credit isn't very high and will deplete very rapidly...
Got to say I'm worried on 15:20 - Jul 28 with 2192 viewsJonDoeman

Got to say I'm worried on 14:59 - Jul 28 by adhoc_qpr

Maybe Chris, Les and Tony are all stumped, so thought they'd ask Twitter for an answer!

It's all very quiet on the transfer front bar Perch (from dubious news sources) and Guediora (yet another midfielder) - which is either good because we're not leaking to the press or bad because we aren't getting anywhere...

We can't afford to start badly and write off 5 games in August while we faff around with transfers (jn and out) though - Ramsey's credit isn't very high and will deplete very rapidly...

Yeah, I've felt since he was given the job, he needed a good start to this season .

It Is What It Is !!

Got to say I'm worried on 17:19 - Jul 28 with 2109 viewsHayesender

Got to say I'm worried on 13:23 - Jul 28 by Yugohoop

Christ! Really? I'm expecting league one next season and you want me to go even lower?
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 13:24]

This

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Got to say I'm worried on 18:03 - Jul 28 with 2053 viewsderbyhoop

I'm thinking of lowering my expectations to SoG's level.

On second thoughts, I think I'll top myself. It would be far more fun.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Got to say I'm worried on 22:29 - Jul 28 with 1935 viewsNortholt_Rs

Got to say I'm worried on 10:25 - Jul 28 by Discodroids

outrageous displays of negativity on this thread, let me stamp it out like a viz bottom inspector , humanly destroying a pair of skid marked underpants with a flame thrower..

no defence ?, £177 million in debt?, got a manager with a shitter track record than sonia lannarman ?, got the lead mini moog player from kraftwerk as your big goal scoring hope ??, got more midfielders than ten year old crack heads at Jack Tizard school??, got a chairman that secures his power base like a feudal lord with gifts of nobbys nuts and pints of carling ?? ...then worry not , let Joey Essex from' the only way is essex' chase those unfounded negative vibes away with his P.M.A ! tweets..

Joey Essex ‏@ Jul 26
Good morning. It might take a year or it might take a day but what's meant to be will always find its way. #PMA! X

Joey Essex ‏@ Jul 25
You may think the grass is greener on the other side, but if you take the time to water your own grass it will be just as green. #PMA! X

Joey Essex ‏@ Jul 24
You cannot have a positive life with a negative mind. It's your choice. PMA! X

Joey Essex ‏@ Jul 23
The only time you should ever look back, is to see how far you've come. #PMA! X

Cheers Joey !!, ive got a client at 11.45am to deal with, who killed his neighbours dog in dagenham with a spade..#PMA ! X
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 10:31]

Whoa....killed a dog with a spade?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Got to say I'm worried on 23:17 - Jul 28 with 1913 viewsLowerloftLad

If QPR end up in the top 12 I will see this season as a success. I can see us being around 15/18th for most of the season. with the squad that would be left they only aim is to stay up this season and its job done. Bids for Charlie,caulker,Phillips,fer and maybe even green still to come in the next 10 to 14 days
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 23:20]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Got to say I'm worried on 23:39 - Jul 28 with 1892 viewsPunteR

Got to say I'm worried on 23:17 - Jul 28 by LowerloftLad

If QPR end up in the top 12 I will see this season as a success. I can see us being around 15/18th for most of the season. with the squad that would be left they only aim is to stay up this season and its job done. Bids for Charlie,caulker,Phillips,fer and maybe even green still to come in the next 10 to 14 days
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 23:20]

I think Green will stay given the fact McCarthy's gone but the rest unfortunately i think your right,whether TF says there's no fire sale or not.
I've heard some rumors about Caulker going to Spurs and maybe even Phillips.
I just cant see those lads playing championship football.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Got to say I'm worried on 08:45 - Jul 29 with 1838 viewsPinnerPaul

Got to say I'm worried on 23:39 - Jul 28 by PunteR

I think Green will stay given the fact McCarthy's gone but the rest unfortunately i think your right,whether TF says there's no fire sale or not.
I've heard some rumors about Caulker going to Spurs and maybe even Phillips.
I just cant see those lads playing championship football.

I can't see those lads playing for Spurs either though!
Got to say I'm worried on 16:27 - Jul 27 with 1213 viewsPinnerPaul

Bored at work, found this from August 2015 - nothing changes does it!
Got to say I'm worried on 16:39 - Jul 27 with 1156 viewsLongsufferingR

Got to say I'm worried on 16:27 - Jul 27 by PinnerPaul

Bored at work, found this from August 2015 - nothing changes does it!

Yes it does. A notable poster on that thread seems to have disappeared thankfully.
Got to say I'm worried on 16:50 - Jul 27 with 1130 viewsThe_Mole

There's a lot of things that worries me about this current set-up, despite the club finally appearing to be run correctly - if there is such a thing?!

I think we're missing a real maverick character, not necessarily a striker but someone who can get on the ball and make something happen and lift us all from our seats and hopefully lighten the mood on this forum!

In the past we've had Adel, Akos, Faurlin, Langley, Sinclair et al... We don't have that player as yet.

It's all very well having a 20 goal a season striker, but if there's no service to him, he's surplice to requirements.

In terms of the defence, I'm not as confident as a lot on here. Whilst on paper the defenders are very capable individually, I don't see a leader there. I genuinely think we're going to miss Clint more than JFH and Les thought initially.

My prediction vs. Leeds - 2-0 Leeds.

Hope I'm wrong though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024