Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More Rod Liddle.. 12:13 - Jul 28 with 3633 viewsYorkRanger

Given the depressing threads around inadequate pre season preparation, inadequacies of the squad, is the new German striker up to it etc, I thought everyone would appreciate the chance to read the latest ramblings of everybody's favourite Millwall fan....

The time has come for Rangers to play by the rules or face the chop
If the west London club are not punished, the Financial Fair Play policy will be meaningless

LESS than two weeks before the Sky Bet Championship kicks off and we still can’t be entirely sure who will be in it yet. The Queens Park Rangers dispute remains unresolved.

If the league’s governing body had any cojones it would do what it has repeatedly threatened to do and boot QPR down to the Conference, reinstating, in their place, the team who finished third bottom last season.

I admit I have intense personal reasons for wishing this eventuality – Millwall being the relegated club in question. But if some sort of draconian action is not taken against QPR, then the Financial Fair Play policy will lie in tatters and every club will think they can get away with spending like the late Viv Nicholson on amphetamines.

Well – okay – perhaps not the very poorest clubs. But the rest will see that when push comes to shove, the Football League is not prepared to enforce its regimen. It may well be that FFP is idiotic, but rules are rules and QPR transgressed by some £60m. Either they pay the money, plus interest, or they are out. That’s what should happen. But it won’t – some sort of fudge will be concocted, with the other big spenders in the division looking on with interest. It will be a fractious, desperate and hugely entertaining league once again.

There was huge pleasure to be had last season from watching Bournemouth and Brentford upsetting the big boys; one doubts that such a thing might happen again this time.

Bournemouth, bless them, are already up; Brentford, by contrast, may struggle at the other end of the table, shorn of their inspirational manager, Mark Warburton, and without having significantly strengthened the squad. It will be interesting to watch how they fare, guided by owner Matthew Benham’s “scientific” approach to the game — intensely data driven, and the reason Warburton left. So what accounted for Brentford’s excellent season last time around – was it the singer, or the song? My guess is that it was stuff from beyond the realms of science. If there is to be an arriviste upstart in 2015/16, my guess is that it will be Bristol City, who won the Division One title at a canter. A club who periodically threaten to be big time but who come from a city where football is perhaps of less consequence than rugby.

Elsewhere, follow the money. Middlesbrough had the best defence in the Championship last time but, Patrick Bamford aside, lacked much of a cutting edge up front. Bamford has now left, Boro have not yet found a fecund goalscorer to replace him. They have dangled vast sums of money in front of the noses of Blackburn Rovers – some £12m has been mooted – in an effort to prise away the division’s most reliable goalscorer, Jordan Rhodes. But Blackburn keep saying no. Without Rhodes or Bamford will they score enough goals? I doubt it.

The favourites are Derby County, but their collapse from the turn of the year — nailed-on certs for automatic promotion in December, eighth by the end of the season – suggests a frailty that new manager Paul Clement has attempted to address by shoring up the defence.

It cannot be said too often, though, that the best route out of the Championship is via a proven Championship-level striker who can steer clear of injuries. Derby have one in Chris Martin, but injury and a loss of form coincided with Derby’s dive. However, Clement has brought in Tom Ince and Chris Baird, both high quality signings, and you might expect them to be there or thereabouts.

Who else? At least one of the relegated sides – probably Hull City, who are beginning to get a rather agreeable yo-yo reputation – should figure. Along with Ipswich, Sheffield Wednesday and maybe Burnley and Leeds United.

Leeds are still hampered by chaotic ownership and Burnley by a lack of cash, but my guess is that the Championship will be more open than for many a campaign. Hell, even QPR might figure, if they spend another fifty-million quid.

Rotherham have surely flirted long enough with relegation – it is time the relationship was consummated.

And Charlton Athletic – last season’s most weirdly inconsistent side – may well join them, although Reading and Huddersfield might fight them closely for the right to be in that most pleasant and entertaining of leagues, Division One.
More Rod Liddle.. on 12:27 - Jul 28 with 2896 viewsBasingstokeR

"It may well be that FFP is idiotic, but rules are rules"

More Rod Liddle.. on 12:32 - Jul 28 with 2845 viewsSpiritofGregory

Here we go again
'Bournemouth, bless them'.

When is this fraudulent view of Bournemouth going to stop.
More Rod Liddle.. on 12:33 - Jul 28 with 2847 viewsadhoc_qpr

Usual rubbish from Rod, but i do want the FFP thing to be resolved soon - it's been hanging over us for years now!

Surely they'll have to make some kind of decision soon, even if we immediately appeal it?
More Rod Liddle.. on 12:50 - Jul 28 with 2792 viewsderbyhoop

Vindictive. And self-serving.

Frankly, the FFP rules are so vague and open to challenge, I don't see this being resolved for 2 years. If our changed approach is because of FFP (not unlikely) then it's done what was intended - albeit after the event.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

More Rod Liddle.. on 12:51 - Jul 28 with 2788 viewsTheBlob

Poor old Rod is regarded as being very much in the David Icke sphere of paranoia now.He's the Canary Wharf version of Adrian Durham - only there to provoke a reaction.Don't rise to the bait.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

More Rod Liddle.. on 13:04 - Jul 28 with 2700 viewsDorse

I view Rod Liddle in the same light as Richard Littlejohn. Let's just say that it is unfavourable, in that I don't wish them any specific harm but, at the same time, wouldn't give them the steam off my piss.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

More Rod Liddle.. on 13:42 - Jul 28 with 2569 viewsdaveB

The football league have made a statement several months ago saying we would be in the championship so no uncertainty at all, we won't be relegated to the conference. You'd hope someone being paid to write this tripe would do a tiny bit of research to check his facts first
More Rod Liddle.. on 13:52 - Jul 28 with 2520 viewsTacticalR

YorkRanger, I believe you are developing an unhealthy interest in monkeymfc.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

More Rod Liddle.. on 13:58 - Jul 28 with 2493 viewsNorthernr

"Rotherham have surely flirted long enough with relegation – it is time the relationship was consummated."

Rotherham have only been at this level for one season after several years of promotions and near misses with promotion.
More Rod Liddle.. on 14:03 - Jul 28 with 2465 viewsderbyhoop

More Rod Liddle.. on 13:58 - Jul 28 by Northernr

"Rotherham have surely flirted long enough with relegation – it is time the relationship was consummated."

Rotherham have only been at this level for one season after several years of promotions and near misses with promotion.

In a nutshell.

That comment wouldn't be influenced by Rotherham finishing 21st, would it? One (vital) place above Millwall.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

More Rod Liddle.. on 14:06 - Jul 28 with 2443 viewsYorkRanger

More Rod Liddle.. on 13:52 - Jul 28 by TacticalR

Tactical, you are right in that it could well appear that way.

I'll give more thought to how I present myself....
More Rod Liddle.. on 14:18 - Jul 28 with 2401 viewslave16

More Rod Liddle.. on 13:52 - Jul 28 by TacticalR

I wonder what Rod's opinion on west ham was when they cheated then paid sheff utd to stay in the premier league or does he wax lyrical about the beautiful football west ham were supposed to play years ago...

He still believes the Bournemouth myth (bless them they're only bank rolled by a billionaire)

Millwall signed 10 or 11 players last year and went down.. build a bridge and get over it... you signed crap you played crap you went down same as us.

If the Football league had a water tight case against us they would have done us they had plenty of time we never looked like staying up all last year. FFP is only there to protect the big clubs and its a farce. If the rules are not enforceable then they are not rules so stop crying. Concentrate on division one. Agent Ian (Holloway)went in and done a job on you for us...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

More Rod Liddle.. on 15:06 - Jul 28 with 2292 viewsJigsore

what a sad strange little man

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

More Rod Liddle.. on 15:14 - Jul 28 with 2263 viewsOutWestR

To say football is of less consequence than rugby in Bristol is nonsense too. Both Bristol clubs have under performed for many years, but it's still a football city and rugby always plays second fiddle.
More Rod Liddle.. on 15:24 - Jul 28 with 2232 viewskensalriser

Why on earth would you read the drivel this imbecile writes?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

More Rod Liddle.. on 15:34 - Jul 28 with 2194 viewsjohncharles

More Rod Liddle.. on 13:04 - Jul 28 by Dorse

I view Rod Liddle in the same light as Richard Littlejohn. Let's just say that it is unfavourable, in that I don't wish them any specific harm but, at the same time, wouldn't give them the steam off my piss.

They look unnervingly similar. With Jeremy Clarkson they could be triplets . In mind and body.

Strong and stable my arse.

More Rod Liddle.. on 16:08 - Jul 28 with 2116 viewsGetMeRangers

More Rod Liddle.. on 15:14 - Jul 28 by OutWestR

To say football is of less consequence than rugby in Bristol is nonsense too. Both Bristol clubs have under performed for many years, but it's still a football city and rugby always plays second fiddle.

Maybe in Bristol, but over the South West, the shirts worn by youngsters and adults alike are predominantly rugger shirts, very rare to see even for the big sides like Chelscum (thank goodness). At the kids level, junior rugby thrives more than football.

It always seems odd to me the number that choose the Cherry and White tops of Gloucester as daily wear... then again, Gloucester is strange!
More Rod Liddle.. on 16:09 - Jul 28 with 2116 viewsPinnerPaul

More Rod Liddle.. on 15:24 - Jul 28 by kensalriser

"FL have repeatedly said we would booted into the conference"????????

To be fair to the FL they NEVER said that, it was Sun , Mirror,Mail etc who have said that and to be fair and to their shame, many on here have said the same thing.

The ONE direct quote i saw was a response to a very loaded question along the lines of

"IF QPR are fined heavily and IF they refuse to pay anything, in THEORY, could they be expelled from the Football League?"

The quote I saw in answer to that was "Yes, in THEORY, but we're sure it won't come to that"

Hardly "repeatedly said QPR will be thrown out of the league"!!!!!
More Rod Liddle.. on 16:12 - Jul 28 with 2102 viewsPinnerPaul

Also he repeats the myth again peddled on here by some that little old Bournemouth went up soley due to the genius of Edie Howe and some canny deck chair hiring.

THEY WERE/ARE BANKROLLED BY A RUSSIN BILLIONAIRE, but that doesn't fit the agenda so lets just ignore it.
More Rod Liddle.. on 16:14 - Jul 28 with 2096 viewsPinnerPaul

More Rod Liddle.. on 12:32 - Jul 28 by SpiritofGregory

Here we go again
'Bournemouth, bless them'.

When is this fraudulent view of Bournemouth going to stop.

See my post above - blimey I agree with you!
[Post edited 28 Jul 2015 16:16]
More Rod Liddle.. on 16:42 - Jul 28 with 2032 viewsYorkRanger

More Rod Liddle.. on 15:24 - Jul 28 by kensalriser

It does stagger me that the Sunday Times employs him...
More Rod Liddle.. on 18:13 - Jul 28 with 1883 viewsdaveB

More Rod Liddle.. on 16:12 - Jul 28 by PinnerPaul

Also he repeats the myth again peddled on here by some that little old Bournemouth went up soley due to the genius of Edie Howe and some canny deck chair hiring.

THEY WERE/ARE BANKROLLED BY A RUSSIN BILLIONAIRE, but that doesn't fit the agenda so lets just ignore it.

they were bankrolled by a billionaire but they still spent very little compared to other clubs and the manager did brilliantly to get them promoted.
More Rod Liddle.. on 19:51 - Jul 28 with 1726 viewsingeminate

More Rod Liddle.. on 16:42 - Jul 28 by YorkRanger

It does stagger me that the Sunday Times employs him...

It's amazing they employ him.

Here is a man with the moral fibre of a bar-stool lecturing the football league on enforcing the rules. A man who cut short his honeymoon to jet off with the office junior.

A man who when caught smearing the old millwall message board with racist bile first claimed the account wasn't his then that it was hacked.

Oh and he's been done for domestic abuse.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

More Rod Liddle.. on 23:05 - Jul 28 with 1527 viewsCamberleyR

His fixation for QPR almost rivals Dick Mennis's.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

More Rod Liddle.. on 02:30 - Jul 29 with 1449 viewsSonofNorfolt

I must admit it would be difficult for me to not hit him if we ever met.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024