Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hoos interview 14:08 - Jul 28 with 2712 viewsdaveB

on QPR player for those who haven't got it, this is the gist of it.

Club going back to basics, worked out that last time in the championship the cost to the owners was around 750k per match which is far too much so they need move on and achieve a more sustainable model.

Keen to return to the clubs roots and clubs traditions. Have been a boutique club in recent years but need to get back to clubs traditions, close to the community and remember who we are.

He said we have good staff, Ferdinand keen on bringing the QPR DNA back to the playing side, great plans to go forward including the stadium and training ground and want to push those projects forward. He said the stadium was several years away though.

Has plenty of experience, when he went to Fulham it was all about spending money and moving forward but after a while his job changed and was more about cutting costs and being more sustainable, so similar to the role he has with us. At Southampton was a lot of boardroom battles, at Leicester he helped remodel the finances to get them from league one to the championship before they were taken over. At Burnley again restructure the finances after the parachute payments ran out.

Immediate targets is to learn what the club is all about ,speaking to fans and staff, aims to be as transparent as he can be. Not someone who goes onto message board but will be available if fans want to contact him through the club channels.

FFP — huge issue and seems to be the biggest threat, have checked the facts and have a good case to put forward to the football league, in dialogue with the football league. Is a very emotive situation with many other clubs keen to be involved but it is ongoing.

Need a similar model to Burnley to make sure we still have a club in 100 years time, is a custodian of the club so needs to make sure the club can support itself. Can’t keep making these losses and expect the owners to continue to put this much money in every year.

Has a clear vision, wants to grow the club and make it financially stable. On the pitch wants the club to be competitive and have a team that gives everything every week.
Lee Hoos interview on 14:12 - Jul 28 with 2667 viewsessextaxiboy

I would like to ask him who sanctioned playing host to the Saudis.
Lee Hoos interview on 14:15 - Jul 28 with 2644 viewsSimonJames

Thanks for that.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Lee Hoos interview on 14:53 - Jul 28 with 2491 viewsSaycey

In the interests of open and honest communication, the club should not have put this interview behind a paywall.
Lee Hoos interview on 14:56 - Jul 28 with 2466 viewsJonDoeman

Cheers Dave.

It Is What It Is !!

Lee Hoos interview on 14:58 - Jul 28 with 2461 viewssimmo

The fanbase, possibly myself included, would never have the patience to do what it takes to become sustainable. We'd have to forego big names and probably drop a division or 2 first. That said all the right things are being talked about and I like that we actually have somebody doing the job with pedigree and relevant past experience.

It's a big job so I hope the guy is ready!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Lee Hoos interview on 15:16 - Jul 28 with 2383 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Top man, thank you for taking the time to do that.
Lee Hoos interview on 15:51 - Jul 28 with 2241 viewsdaveB

Lee Hoos interview on 14:53 - Jul 28 by Saycey

In the interests of open and honest communication, the club should not have put this interview behind a paywall.

yeah agree with that, i had qpr player last season and it was a complete waste of money, this year they have gone the other way and put everything on it
Lee Hoos interview on 15:56 - Jul 28 with 2215 viewsTheBlob

Fine words butter no parsnips.
Or is it in when there are no R's in the month?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hoos interview on 16:02 - Jul 28 with 2182 viewsGetMeRangers

Listening to the interview, he does sound like a perfect fit for QPR atm. Question is whether the fan base will accept his restructuring of the club to make it sustainable. Seems able to work with changing situations, as ours will be if we do not manage to get promoted over the next three years, as well as the impending FFP ruling

You do wonder how much different things might have been if we had had him instead of Beard.

What were Burnley fans grumbles about him?
Lee Hoos interview on 16:03 - Jul 28 with 2181 viewsBklynRanger

Lee Hoos interview on 15:51 - Jul 28 by daveB

yeah agree with that, i had qpr player last season and it was a complete waste of money, this year they have gone the other way and put everything on it

I got rid of mine last year and am back on it this year. I think part of it has to be the difference in guidelines between the Premier League and the Football League/Player company (FLP?) - e.g. what/how much can go on youtube and what can't. Loads of stuff was on youtube last season.

But yes, it's a pain in the balls having everything on there and this interview is one they should have made available to everybody. He said all the right things as far as I could tell - hope it works out as planned.
Lee Hoos interview on 16:05 - Jul 28 with 2170 viewsPinnerPaul

Lee Hoos interview on 15:51 - Jul 28 by daveB

I'm guessing that as so much material last season was tied up in PL Sky/BT/BBC deal that there was little they could do about it.

Now its back to cost cutting, trying to increase revenue for player makes sense & to do that of course it has to have exclusive content - hence all the "exclusive" interviews.
Lee Hoos interview on 16:15 - Jul 28 with 2135 viewswhittocksRs

The FFP stuff is concerning, especially that part about other clubs wanting to have a say (can't imagine they wish us well).
Lee Hoos interview on 16:21 - Jul 28 with 2104 viewsQPR_John

Lee Hoos interview on 16:15 - Jul 28 by whittocksRs

The FFP stuff is concerning, especially that part about other clubs wanting to have a say (can't imagine they wish us well).

Did not read that as other clubs wanting a say in what conclusion the FL come to about us but that they are also questioning FFP
Lee Hoos interview on 16:24 - Jul 28 with 2088 viewsMatch82

Could go either way tbh, lots of clubs in similar, al though less extreme position as us
Lee Hoos interview on 17:15 - Jul 28 with 1912 viewsngbqpr

I think Leeds, Forest & Blackburn wish us well - I believe they're all looking at us as the biggest test case yet as they question the restrictions they've been put under....

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Lee Hoos interview on 18:51 - Jul 28 with 1687 viewsQPR_John

Lee Hoos interview on 17:15 - Jul 28 by ngbqpr

I think Leeds, Forest & Blackburn wish us well - I believe they're all looking at us as the biggest test case yet as they question the restrictions they've been put under....

I think that is the main point. If FFP is found to be unenforceable the FL will have a few compensation claims. The best outcome for them is to come to some agreement with us to publicly pay a notional fine then slowly forget FFP ever existed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024