Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second Best Ever QPR Volley 17:27 - Jul 28 with 5724 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ignoring Tricky's, which was the best.
Any nominations?

Falco?
Austin at Southampton?
Does Birch's at Brentford count?
Nygaard?

Bare bones.

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 20:48 - Jul 28 with 1855 viewshamptonhillhoop

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 18:15 - Jul 28 by daveB

oooh thank you Mr You Tube

I missed that game as I was away and read the newspaper report the next day raving about it. Never seen it before though heard everyone mention it over the years'. Good find. Maybe if I'd just typed in "Trevor Francis goal v Charlton" i might have done!
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 20:54 - Jul 28 with 1840 viewsdaveB

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 20:48 - Jul 28 by hamptonhillhoop

I missed that game as I was away and read the newspaper report the next day raving about it. Never seen it before though heard everyone mention it over the years'. Good find. Maybe if I'd just typed in "Trevor Francis goal v Charlton" i might have done!

i can't believe it's taken me so long to type that in, honestly hadn't seen that since the night he scored it, as it was the cup was not on the end of season dvd
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 21:06 - Jul 28 with 1825 viewsE17hoop

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 17:43 - Jul 28 by Northernr

A random Richard Langley one v Blackpool springs to mind where he met his own cleared corner on the corner of the box flush on the full volley and it flew into the far corner.

Yep - was sat behind it. It swerved twice on the way in.
2:46 on this:

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 21:15 - Jul 28 with 1812 viewsdannyblue

There was that incredible Buzsacky flick lob that was on the volley.

Also, of course, Tony Scully v Palace in the 5-0

(Charlie's v Soton last season was a really great goal and didn't get the recognition it deserved. Loved that Dex v Preston too.)
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 21:40 - Jul 28 with 1774 viewspaulparker

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 17:35 - Jul 28 by hopphoops

Also tricky Trev, in div 2, let rip from outside the area on a skied clearance when it finally came down. Can't remember who against but it was the View From season.

Yep it was against city in a 2-2 draw , it was hit 1st time from 40
Yards out after dibble I think tried to head it out
Someone mentioned Trevor Francis against Charlton in the league cup
It's not on TV but one of the best goals I've seen and I was there for the
Tricky trev bicycle kick
Other mentions go to stein vs West Ham in 88 & Falco vs Sunderland 91
Oh and Connelly vs Blackpool

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 21:48 - Jul 28 with 1755 viewsdaveB

Leroy Griffiths v Blackpool was a good one as well, we scored some great goals against them
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 22:43 - Jul 28 with 1696 viewsbosh67

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 17:31 - Jul 28 by parker64

Ainsworth at Rushden

This

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 22:47 - Jul 28 with 1693 viewsNorthernr

The thing about that Sinclair one v Man City is he had finally - reportedly - put a transfer request in the week before, some 18 months after relegation. He was booed at the start by QPR fans, and then had his touches booed, until he scored that goal and then everybody cheered again!
Login to get fewer ads

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 22:54 - Jul 28 with 1681 viewsdistortR

Mark stein against west ham, i think?
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 22:57 - Jul 28 with 1676 viewsdaveB

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 22:54 - Jul 28 by distortR

Mark stein against west ham, i think?

Yeah that was a good one, 1-0 down then Maddix went into midfield in the second half and stopped Ince from having any influence. Stein's volley was superb
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 23:00 - Jul 28 with 1672 viewsCamberleyR

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 22:47 - Jul 28 by Northernr

The thing about that Sinclair one v Man City is he had finally - reportedly - put a transfer request in the week before, some 18 months after relegation. He was booed at the start by QPR fans, and then had his touches booed, until he scored that goal and then everybody cheered again!

I seem to remember that goal against City being scored early on (September/October) in the first season after relegation in '96?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 23:09 - Jul 28 with 1661 viewsNorthernr

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 23:00 - Jul 28 by CamberleyR

I seem to remember that goal against City being scored early on (September/October) in the first season after relegation in '96?

Yeh I've looked it up and you're right, 12 October 1996. He definitely got booed that day for reportedly requesting a transfer.
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 23:22 - Jul 28 with 1648 viewsMrSheen

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 20:08 - Jul 28 by HAYESBOY

Seem t remember a nice one from Dexter against Preston I think.

Chested down then hit on the half-volley if I recall, from Nygaard's 60-yerd laser-guided pass/hopeful punt downfield. Probably the most important though, we were on our way down if we hadn't won that night.
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 23:51 - Jul 28 with 1631 viewshamptonhillhoop

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 23:22 - Jul 28 by MrSheen

Chested down then hit on the half-volley if I recall, from Nygaard's 60-yerd laser-guided pass/hopeful punt downfield. Probably the most important though, we were on our way down if we hadn't won that night.

That was our game in hand against a team who were chasing the play offs. Nugent missed an absolute sitter at some stage and I seem to remember them finishing the game with nine centre forwards! About 11000 there that night. One of our most unrecognised really important games of the last 20 years
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 00:09 - Jul 29 with 1618 viewsPunteR

Some great goals,loving the Trevor Francis goals, had the video of that season . Brings back memorys.

Talking of disallowed goals, bit of a controversial one this,but didnt SWP hit a cracker a couple of seasons ago. That and his Chelsea goal the only thing i'll remember him for, and i'm not sure i'm even remembering that right. He probably missed.

Edit-Was meant as a reply to taxi's disallowed goal post.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 0:17]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 00:24 - Jul 29 with 1545 viewsRBlock

How nobody has mentioned Connolly v Blackpool yet I'll never know. Absolutely stunning, 1:15 onwards...
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 00:44 - Jul 29 with 1538 viewsLazyFan

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 18:11 - Jul 28 by daveB

Falco against Chelsea in 89

Trevor Francis also scored a brilliant volley against Charlton in the league cup, was at that game but have never seen it on tv since so may haqve not been as good as I remember.

Martin Allen hit a few screamers as well, one volley at home to Newcastle was tasty.

Actually the Francis goal was an overhead kick and also it was outside the area and not in the centre.

Therefore imho it was better than Trevs. But everyone remembers Trevs goal so, they discount.

Trevs goal does not even make my top 3.
Hows that for controversy :P

zzzzzzzzzz

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 02:28 - Jul 29 with 1509 viewsGetMeRangers

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 00:09 - Jul 29 by PunteR

Some great goals,loving the Trevor Francis goals, had the video of that season . Brings back memorys.

Talking of disallowed goals, bit of a controversial one this,but didnt SWP hit a cracker a couple of seasons ago. That and his Chelsea goal the only thing i'll remember him for, and i'm not sure i'm even remembering that right. He probably missed.

Edit-Was meant as a reply to taxi's disallowed goal post.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 0:17]

Was against WBA. I remember it was a cracker. Not sure if it was a volley. I know he has his haters, but up until then he had not looked so awful for us, but the disallowed goal seemed to hit his confidence hard. Rarely seen producing anything of note from then onwards, bar the Scum goal
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 05:46 - Jul 29 with 1486 viewsparker64

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 23:51 - Jul 28 by hamptonhillhoop

That was our game in hand against a team who were chasing the play offs. Nugent missed an absolute sitter at some stage and I seem to remember them finishing the game with nine centre forwards! About 11000 there that night. One of our most unrecognised really important games of the last 20 years

The other thing I remember about this game is Pat Agyemang coming on as a Preston sub!
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 07:29 - Jul 29 with 1455 viewsHantsR

I remember most of these in the thread and would add one from more distant memory when Tony Currie hit a spectacular volley from a ball that dropped nicely over his shoulder 1981 ish ?
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 13:28 - Jul 29 with 1369 viewswelwynranger

Can't remember the scorer. Can't forget the night at home to Brum in an absolute deluge of rain from about 9 am in the morning . Shot from about 25 plus yards . Won 1 nil
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 13:36 - Jul 29 with 1365 viewsAntti_Heinola

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 00:44 - Jul 29 by LazyFan

Actually the Francis goal was an overhead kick and also it was outside the area and not in the centre.

Therefore imho it was better than Trevs. But everyone remembers Trevs goal so, they discount.

Trevs goal does not even make my top 3.
Hows that for controversy :P

Well the YT video is there to watch in the thread and it's tremendous.
But Sinclair's is better. Not sure what the goalie was doing with Francis's for a start.
Francis's is more of a scissor, Sinclair's is the best, pure bicycle kick ever scored, except for Pele's in Escape to Victory.

Bare bones.

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 17:32 - Jul 29 with 1302 viewsthemodfather

SIMON STAINROD , one of my all time faves
over head kick, v cardfff, 2-0 win at home....circa 82

stainrod v stoke, 6-0 win...shot from centre circle? ( or was it ian stewart?? lol)
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 17:41 - Jul 29 with 1294 viewsparker64

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 17:32 - Jul 29 by themodfather

stainrod v stoke, 6-0 win...shot from centre circle? ( or was it ian stewart?? lol)

I remember the Stainrod one. Also, same season I think a Gary Micklewhite overhead kick away at Charlton. Xmas game. Great atmosphere.
Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 19:01 - Jul 29 with 1279 viewsGetMeRangers

Second Best Ever QPR Volley on 17:32 - Jul 29 by themodfather

My memory is bad. I am sure there was a John Gregory overhead kick against Norwich, I believe, which I would shut up about at the time. In a 2-0 win. maybe it was Stainrod... maybe against Cardiff? Who knows
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024