Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker to Saints 11:58 - Jul 29 with 28219 viewssimmo

Looks possible, initially as a loan - Simon Peach rarely wrong when it comes to Saints

[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 12:44]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker to Saints on 14:23 - Jul 29 with 2143 viewsNW10Hoop

Letting him go could simply be because Ramsey and Ferdinand don't rate him?

The timing is obviously a worry but looking back, his performances didn't get any better when Chris Ramsey came in. He looked ok for 45 minutes, played up front for 30 minutes and was an absolute liability for 15 minutes in every single game I saw him. He seemed to be at fault for most of the goals where we lost by the odd one.

I quite like the way QPR have handled our transfer business this summer, I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. I honestly think we'll have a couple more defenders in by the start of the season.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 14:30]
Caulker to Saints? on 14:24 - Jul 29 with 2135 viewssimmo

Caulker to Saints? on 14:19 - Jul 29 by SpiritofGregory

Why do you think he was given the role?

Why are you still here??

Caulker to Saints on 14:24 - Jul 29 with 2130 viewsNorthernr

Caulker to Saints on 14:23 - Jul 29 by NW10Hoop

Letting him go could simply be because Ramsey and Ferdinand don't rate him?

The timing is obviously a worry but looking back, his performances didn't get any better when Chris Ramsey came in. He looked ok for 45 minutes, played up front for 30 minutes and was an absolute liability for 15 minutes in every single game I saw him. He seemed to be at fault for most of the goals where we lost by the odd one.

I quite like the way QPR have handled our transfer business this summer, I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt. I honestly think we'll have a couple more defenders in by the start of the season.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 14:30]

Yeh, and I like Perch, so one more like him and it wouldn't be too bad.
We're going to have to accept a very slow start to the season though as we're very short everywhere except midfield now.
Caulker to Saints? on 14:25 - Jul 29 with 2115 viewsMatch82

Caulker to Saints? on 14:18 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

We have some details.
£1.5m, wages off the bill, we get him back after a year or possibly sell him on.
Timing apart, seems like a decent deal to me.

Well we get him back if he's shite. If he plays well then we lose him.
Have genearly been very positive about business this summer, but dont like this deal, don't see the benefits vs flogging him for good, even at a loss.
Caulker to Saints? on 14:26 - Jul 29 with 2104 viewsadhoc_qpr

Caulker to Saints? on 14:22 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Looks like we're absolutely skint to me. Southampton are rolling in money. They should have been told to pay up or pis off.

Charlton have a 6ft 7in Danish centre forward with a life size tattoo of an owl on his thigh waiting for us next Saturday and at the moment we've only got two senior defenders to mark him with.

http://www.wharf.co.uk/sport/charlton-use-brute-force-bash-9733426

Looks like a great game to play 2 young kids with 4 senior starts between them!

Let's see how quickly the 'long term strategy' lasts when we lose the first 3 games due to a leaky defence and no forwards!

I predict another panic splurge around deadline day from TF.
Caulker to Saints on 14:26 - Jul 29 with 2106 viewsNW10Hoop

BTW the BBC are saying there was no fee. Sorry to fan the flames of discontent...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33707795
Caulker to Saints on 14:28 - Jul 29 with 2074 viewsDiscodroids

Caulker to Saints on 14:26 - Jul 29 by NW10Hoop

BTW the BBC are saying there was no fee. Sorry to fan the flames of discontent...

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Caulker to Saints? on 14:29 - Jul 29 with 2067 viewsdaveB

Caulker to Saints? on 14:26 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

http://www.wharf.co.uk/sport/charlton-use-brute-force-bash-9733426

Looks like a great game to play 2 young kids with 4 senior starts between them!

Let's see how quickly the 'long term strategy' lasts when we lose the first 3 games due to a leaky defence and no forwards!

I predict another panic splurge around deadline day from TF.

no long term plan will come to fruition in 3 games, The fans will and have panicked long before Fernandes will
Login to get fewer ads

Caulker to Saints on 14:30 - Jul 29 with 2058 viewsTacticalR

I do wonder if there was a danger of Caulker developing a reputation as a Jonah that nobody would touch (I'm not saying that is the reason Southampton won't cough up). If he can put in anything approaching some decent performances his value might increase.

Air hostess clique

Caulker to Saints? on 14:30 - Jul 29 with 2046 viewssimmo

Caulker to Saints? on 14:25 - Jul 29 by Match82

Well we get him back if he's shite. If he plays well then we lose him.
Have genearly been very positive about business this summer, but dont like this deal, don't see the benefits vs flogging him for good, even at a loss.

We 'lose' him for the price we paid, + one years worth of wages we don't have to pay and an extra 1.2-1.5m.

If he's shite, we get him back, minus one years worth of wages we would have had to pay and 1.2-1.5m to put towards someone that actually wants to be here.

Would have preferred to sell him outright, but it's not that easy in this market - if it was we'd have sold Austin and Phillips already. This frees up money short term and still gives us 10 days to find people.

I do though accept that this is a better deal for Saints than it is for us, but they're not in the dire straights we clearly are.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 14:32]

Caulker to Saints on 14:31 - Jul 29 with 2024 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints on 14:21 - Jul 29 by Discodroids

this fckng QPR boardroom, nothing but a bunch of cum eating cuckolds when it comes to transfer negoatiatons. perhaps its a kinky thing... we just like being fuked over in our own house and putting up poloroids in 'premieship mangers wifes' magazine

possibly one of koeman shafting caulker in reverse cowgirl stuffing 50 notes down his jape eye while whimpering ramsey crys in the corner looking through the louvre doors knocking one out
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 14:24]

Jesus Disco, will you just fire up redtube and crack one off? I can't stand much more of this pent-up rage.

Bare bones.

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:32 - Jul 29 with 2013 viewsGetMeRangers

Caulker to Saints on 14:08 - Jul 29 by daveB

After spending stupid money for years it's easy to forget you can buy some good championship players for a million quid. Seems clear that instant promotion is not the priority this season so these cuts need to be made

Caulker to Saints? on 14:34 - Jul 29 with 1981 viewsBrixtonR

Caulker to Saints? on 14:07 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

We went down. We're £200m in debt. Get some realism. A lot of money off the wage bill, and we might get him back in a year.
It may well be a bad deal - we don't know the details, nor who we might sign as replacements - but there's no need for this kind of rudeness. Have a look at yourself.

Where was I rude to you Antti ???? I was having a go at the club and the fact they are trying to make out its's a good deal i.e. the journalist who tweeted that it's a good deal for the club which id just read before posting - seems to me like spin doctoring and mugging us off

Yeah I know re the debt etc.( I'm expecting Austin to go and in a way think it;
it's better sooner so we can get on with things)
That's why I asked if they've heard of of a Cost Benefit Analysis as do you think any saving on this will be worth it in the long run ?

Also Judging by the way the clubs been run over the last few years do you really think they will manage to sign replacements who can play together in 9 days - not a pop - a serious question. I just don't have no faith in them.

Still weren't intending to offend hope this is looking at myself ? lol ,mind you offeniding the club hierarchy not so bothered
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 14:34]
Caulker to Saints on 14:34 - Jul 29 with 1969 viewsDiscodroids

Caulker to Saints on 14:31 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Jesus Disco, will you just fire up redtube and crack one off? I can't stand much more of this pent-up rage.

not for me antti ive got a real life woman to do that for me. but thanks for your concern. i feel some other board members could do with a woman with a pulse rather than shaving foam and a scooped out melon with tony fernades head on it.

if the club dressed in open crotch cat suit, led them over to rain water in a dogs bowl on a leash, ther'd bark their appreciation and pathetic thank yous

no whitewashing this deal.

cuckolds.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 14:38]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Caulker to Saints on 14:35 - Jul 29 with 1962 viewsMarc

Wages paid in full and £1.5m loan fee seems like a good deal on the face of it but if he suffers a serious injury during the season or his poor form continues we'll be stuck with a dud for a couple more years.

Would rather we sold him outright but doesn't seem too many were keen.
Caulker to Saints on 14:36 - Jul 29 with 1956 viewsfakekerby

Great it's around 2 million quid in wages off the books (reckon he's on 40k ish)... but you can't replace him for that.

Who's going to be able to come in and do a job for less than 2 million quid in transfer fee + his own wages? Nobody.

Ridiculous move.

And for anybody who thinks it's a clever move - let's look at it some more:-

Southampton will have an agreed fee that suits them, probably 5-6. If he performs well there then they get to sign a 15 million quid player (because that's how much liverpool would give S'ton for him) for half price . If he's crap he comes back to us and is worth even less than he is now and we're back to trying to flog him for nothing.

All this to save 2 million quid for a season - here's an idea, keep Caulker and don't go buying another f'n number 10 the first chance you get.
Caulker to Saints on 14:36 - Jul 29 with 1941 viewsWrightUp5hit___

"QPR defender disappoints thousands of Rs fans"

To be honest that's bowlucks, £1.5 loan fee up front, his wages paid entirely by Southampton and no option for them to purchase.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me........assuming we plug the gap swiftly, and add another couple of defenders as well.
Caulker to Saints on 14:37 - Jul 29 with 1927 viewsdaveB

Caulker to Saints on 14:36 - Jul 29 by fakekerby

Great it's around 2 million quid in wages off the books (reckon he's on 40k ish)... but you can't replace him for that.

Who's going to be able to come in and do a job for less than 2 million quid in transfer fee + his own wages? Nobody.

Ridiculous move.

And for anybody who thinks it's a clever move - let's look at it some more:-

Southampton will have an agreed fee that suits them, probably 5-6. If he performs well there then they get to sign a 15 million quid player (because that's how much liverpool would give S'ton for him) for half price . If he's crap he comes back to us and is worth even less than he is now and we're back to trying to flog him for nothing.

All this to save 2 million quid for a season - here's an idea, keep Caulker and don't go buying another f'n number 10 the first chance you get.

If we can't find a championship quality defender for less than 40k a week we might as well give up
Caulker to Saints on 14:40 - Jul 29 with 1875 viewsBerkoRanger

Caulker to Saints on 14:26 - Jul 29 by NW10Hoop

SSSN saying £1.3 million loan fee and Saints paying all his wages!
Caulker to Saints on 14:41 - Jul 29 with 1872 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints on 14:34 - Jul 29 by Discodroids

not for me antti ive got a real life woman to do that for me. but thanks for your concern. i feel some other board members could do with a woman with a pulse rather than shaving foam and a scooped out melon with tony fernades head on it.

if the club dressed in open crotch cat suit, led them over to rain water in a dogs bowl on a leash, ther'd bark their appreciation and pathetic thank yous

no whitewashing this deal.

cuckolds.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 14:38]

Well you need to get your seducing hat on mate. Sounds like it's building up like magma.
A scooped out melon with TF's head on it? On top of the melon? Or is the melon his head?
Is the whole thing scooped out? Or just a thick hole? Does the hole represent his mouth? Or his anus? If the latter, where's his head? Surely if you're worried people are in love with TF you needed a different kind of fruit? Like a banana with tony's head on so they could pretend they were pleasuring him? So maybe an apple for his head, a melon for his body, a banana for his knob and two courgettes for his legs?
I dunno, you're peccadilloes are really mixed up, man. Sick.
Shaving foam?

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 14:42 - Jul 29 with 1889 viewsJonDoeman

Now watch him become a beast of a defender who scores plenty of goals.

It Is What It Is !!

Caulker to Saints on 14:42 - Jul 29 with 1887 viewsfakekerby

Caulker to Saints on 14:37 - Jul 29 by daveB

If we can't find a championship quality defender for less than 40k a week we might as well give up

40k a week saves us 2 million quid.

Half of that will go straight to the bank manager.

We are left with 1 million.

Find me a GOOD championship centre back for 1 million quid, including transfer fees, agent fees, sign on fees, and his wages.
Caulker to Saints on 14:42 - Jul 29 with 1887 viewsGetMeRangers

Presumably they are not expecting Wise to step up for this season?
Caulker to Saints? on 14:44 - Jul 29 with 1862 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints? on 14:34 - Jul 29 by BrixtonR

Where was I rude to you Antti ???? I was having a go at the club and the fact they are trying to make out its's a good deal i.e. the journalist who tweeted that it's a good deal for the club which id just read before posting - seems to me like spin doctoring and mugging us off

Yeah I know re the debt etc.( I'm expecting Austin to go and in a way think it;
it's better sooner so we can get on with things)
That's why I asked if they've heard of of a Cost Benefit Analysis as do you think any saving on this will be worth it in the long run ?

Also Judging by the way the clubs been run over the last few years do you really think they will manage to sign replacements who can play together in 9 days - not a pop - a serious question. I just don't have no faith in them.

Still weren't intending to offend hope this is looking at myself ? lol ,mind you offeniding the club hierarchy not so bothered
[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 14:34]

sorry mate - last three lines sounded like they were aimed at people looking at the other side of the argument.

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 14:44 - Jul 29 with 1854 viewsderbyhoop

From a business point of view it is a good deal. £1.5m loan fee and the best part of £2m more off the wage bill. For a club so heavily in debt, that is good business.

From a playing point ofg view, Caulker has struggled to justify his £8m fee and the wages attached. BUT, it leaves us dreadfully short at CB. I wonder, if this deal had been on the table at the start of July, Max Ehmer would still be here.

Les needs to pull his finger out and get in some defenders this week. As it stands we look like going to Charlton with his defense:-
Furlong, Onouha, Hill, Kpekawa.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024