Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caulker to Saints 11:58 - Jul 29 with 28513 viewssimmo

Looks possible, initially as a loan - Simon Peach rarely wrong when it comes to Saints

[Post edited 29 Jul 2015 12:44]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Caulker to Saints on 14:44 - Jul 29 with 2404 viewsadhoc_qpr

What next do we think then?

Charlie Austin to Newcastle for £3m and a signed Alan Shearer shirt for Tony (size XXXL)?

Matty Phillips to West Brom for one of Tony Pulis' spare caps?
Caulker to Saints on 14:45 - Jul 29 with 2385 viewsMarc

Seen this put up on twitter

Never known this guy to chat s**t or seek attention

Caulker to Saints on 14:47 - Jul 29 with 2364 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints on 14:36 - Jul 29 by fakekerby

Great it's around 2 million quid in wages off the books (reckon he's on 40k ish)... but you can't replace him for that.

Who's going to be able to come in and do a job for less than 2 million quid in transfer fee + his own wages? Nobody.

Ridiculous move.

And for anybody who thinks it's a clever move - let's look at it some more:-

Southampton will have an agreed fee that suits them, probably 5-6. If he performs well there then they get to sign a 15 million quid player (because that's how much liverpool would give S'ton for him) for half price . If he's crap he comes back to us and is worth even less than he is now and we're back to trying to flog him for nothing.

All this to save 2 million quid for a season - here's an idea, keep Caulker and don't go buying another f'n number 10 the first chance you get.

Southampton have no agreement to sign him after a year.

We could get three new players using his wages and with that fee, sorry mate. We need to start cutting our cloth properly.

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 14:47 - Jul 29 with 2344 viewssimmo

Caulker to Saints on 14:44 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

What next do we think then?

Charlie Austin to Newcastle for £3m and a signed Alan Shearer shirt for Tony (size XXXL)?

Matty Phillips to West Brom for one of Tony Pulis' spare caps?

Personally (and in all seriousness) I would sell Charlie for £13-14m, whatever we can definitely get now, and try to sign Gestede for the 7m odd BBurn are apparently asking.

Caulker to Saints on 14:48 - Jul 29 with 2336 viewsNorthernr

Caulker to Saints on 14:45 - Jul 29 by Marc

Well to be fair Caulker had a problem with Redknapp by the end as well. Maybe should get his own house in order and stop falling or in pubs or fighting in VIP areas.
Caulker to Saints? on 14:48 - Jul 29 with 2321 viewsjohnhoop

Caulker to Saints? on 12:18 - Jul 29 by Northernr

One of the shtest deals in the history of sht deals - and we've done a few. "Can we take one of your two centre backs 10 days before the season starts and maybe give you some money a bit later if he does alright for us?"

As Brixton commented earlier Clive had it spot on about four posts into this thread. It would be a crap deal even if we were well sorted in defence without Caulker but as everyone knows we aren't. I was in the camp that consoled myself with the thought that Ned and Caulker could be a perfectly adequate defensive partnership for the Championship but to let one of those two go with 10 days to the start of the season leaves us with sweet f.a.
I am all for giving the new management a chance and want them to do well but to leave us without a central defense this close to the new season gives me zero confidence for our prospects of survival.
Caulker to Saints on 14:49 - Jul 29 with 2301 viewsadhoc_qpr

I imagine Ramsey wanted Caulker to turn up for training sober and pay attention to his positioning while on the pitch - what a nightmare...
Caulker to Saints on 14:49 - Jul 29 with 2299 viewsAntti_Heinola

Caulker to Saints on 14:42 - Jul 29 by fakekerby

40k a week saves us 2 million quid.

Half of that will go straight to the bank manager.

We are left with 1 million.

Find me a GOOD championship centre back for 1 million quid, including transfer fees, agent fees, sign on fees, and his wages.

It's £3.5m with the fee, Faker.
We could sign 2 players for combined £1.5m, put them both on £10k per week and still make a significant saving and bring the average wage at the club down, which is what they're striving for.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Caulker to Saints on 14:50 - Jul 29 with 2287 viewsGetMeRangers

For those that cant read that
Sanjay:
Was chatting to him last night.
He couldnt wait. QPR is run really badly. Ramsey is a nightmare
Caulker to Saints on 14:50 - Jul 29 with 2283 viewssimmo

This guy is a knob and Twitter during the transfer window is liquid AIDS.

Caulker to Saints on 14:50 - Jul 29 with 2282 viewsfakekerby

Caulker to Saints on 14:47 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Southampton have no agreement to sign him after a year.

We could get three new players using his wages and with that fee, sorry mate. We need to start cutting our cloth properly.

Your mad if you think saving 40k for one season - circa 2 million quid - is enough to SIGN THREE Championship level players, including fees and their wages.

It will barely get us one average player after the bank manager has been given a share of the savings.

Luongo cost 3 million from the league below, Rhodes is valued at 14 million, the Championship isn't full of cheap players just waiting to be signed for nothing on low wages.
Caulker to Saints on 14:51 - Jul 29 with 2273 viewsqpr1976

Caulker to Saints on 14:26 - Jul 29 by NW10Hoop

BTW the BBC are saying there was no fee. Sorry to fan the flames of discontent...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33707795

I imagine if Saints decide to buy him next season, it will mean £1.3m off the asking price (£6.7m)

So in effect it's just an upfront down payment.
Caulker to Saints on 14:52 - Jul 29 with 2271 viewssimmo

Caulker to Saints on 14:50 - Jul 29 by fakekerby

Your mad if you think saving 40k for one season - circa 2 million quid - is enough to SIGN THREE Championship level players, including fees and their wages.

It will barely get us one average player after the bank manager has been given a share of the savings.

Luongo cost 3 million from the league below, Rhodes is valued at 14 million, the Championship isn't full of cheap players just waiting to be signed for nothing on low wages.

Where are you getting that Luongo price from?

Caulker to Saints on 14:54 - Jul 29 with 2219 viewsDiscodroids

Caulker to Saints on 14:41 - Jul 29 by Antti_Heinola

Well you need to get your seducing hat on mate. Sounds like it's building up like magma.
A scooped out melon with TF's head on it? On top of the melon? Or is the melon his head?
Is the whole thing scooped out? Or just a thick hole? Does the hole represent his mouth? Or his anus? If the latter, where's his head? Surely if you're worried people are in love with TF you needed a different kind of fruit? Like a banana with tony's head on so they could pretend they were pleasuring him? So maybe an apple for his head, a melon for his body, a banana for his knob and two courgettes for his legs?
I dunno, you're peccadilloes are really mixed up, man. Sick.
Shaving foam?

thats what 22 years'working' in the city is a reinsurance broker will do to you.

.just as well i got out to deal with junkies ,thieves, sex fiends, wife beaters , child abusers, kerb crawlers, doggers, pimps, drug hivers and people who pay their tv licence late.

sounds like i should be on the QPR board.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Caulker to Saints on 14:55 - Jul 29 with 2211 viewsdaveB

Caulker to Saints on 14:51 - Jul 29 by qpr1976

I imagine if Saints decide to buy him next season, it will mean £1.3m off the asking price (£6.7m)

So in effect it's just an upfront down payment.

if he does well we can charge what we like for him regardless of the loan fee, imagine his price would go up.
Caulker to Saints on 14:55 - Jul 29 with 2211 viewsNorthernr

Where's the Luongo fee from? I was under the impression it was far less than that.
Caulker to Saints on 14:56 - Jul 29 with 2201 viewsAntti_Heinola

How do you think most clubs survive in this league mate? They're not paying players £40k per week I fkn guarantee that!

Bournemouth's 4 signings last summer:

PLAYER FROM FEE DATE
Junior Stanislas Burnley Free 26 Jun, 2014
Dan Gosling Newcastle Free 01 Jul, 2014
Callum Wilson Coventry Signed 04 Jul, 2014
Andrew Surman Norwich Signed 01 Sep, 2014

Ipswich's signings last summer:

PLAYER FROM FEE DATE
Alex Henshall Man City Free 27 Jun, 2014
Cameron Stewart Hull Free 01 Jul, 2014
Kevin Bru Levski Sofia Signed 01 Jul, 2014
Jonathan Parr C Palace Free 07 Jul, 2014
Bartosz Bialkowski Notts Co Signed 15 Jul, 2014
Balint Bajner B Dortmund Free 31 Jul, 2014
Darren Ambrose Birmingham Free 11 Sep, 2014
Jack Collison West Ham Free 26 Sep, 2014
Noel Hunt Leeds Free 08 Jan, 2015
Freddie Sears Colchester Signed 16 Jan, 2015
Paddy Kenny Bolton Free 20 Jan, 2015
Dylan Connolly Shelbourne Free 05 Feb, 2015
Joshua Yorwerth Cardiff Free 22 Jun, 2015
Brett Pitman Bournemouth Signed 26 Jun, 2015

Get real.

Bare bones.

Caulker to Saints on 14:57 - Jul 29 with 2187 viewsdaveB

Caulker to Saints on 14:42 - Jul 29 by fakekerby

40k a week saves us 2 million quid.

Half of that will go straight to the bank manager.

We are left with 1 million.

Find me a GOOD championship centre back for 1 million quid, including transfer fees, agent fees, sign on fees, and his wages.

Matt Connolly would cost less than that. We won't get a top quality player for that price but if we are smart we can get a rough diamond and look to improve him
Caulker to Saints on 14:57 - Jul 29 with 2181 viewsGetMeRangers

Caulker to Saints on 14:48 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Well to be fair Caulker had a problem with Redknapp by the end as well. Maybe should get his own house in order and stop falling or in pubs or fighting in VIP areas.

Does this not add weight to him being one of the possible bad eggs?
Caulker to Saints on 14:57 - Jul 29 with 2177 viewsganjR

On a bright note.... We may keep Traore and sign Schorch....
Caulker to Saints on 14:58 - Jul 29 with 2169 viewsNorthernr

Caulker to Saints on 14:57 - Jul 29 by daveB

Matt Connolly would cost less than that. We won't get a top quality player for that price but if we are smart we can get a rough diamond and look to improve him

I'd have Connolly back in a heartbeat.
Caulker to Saints on 14:58 - Jul 29 with 2162 viewsMarc

Caulker to Saints on 14:50 - Jul 29 by simmo

This guy is a knob and Twitter during the transfer window is liquid AIDS.

Cool, but whatever your personal feelings towards the bloke are, my original point still stands. He's never tweeted out anything in an attempt to be 'itk' before.
Caulker to Saints on 14:58 - Jul 29 with 2158 viewsWadR

There are a lot of massively inflated transfer fees, especially for British players, but there's still plenty of value in the market. Ipswich made the playoffs with a team assembled for £10k, and relatively low wages last season. Scotland, League 1 and 2, lesser European leagues, Prem academies are full of players available for low wages.
Caulker to Saints on 14:59 - Jul 29 with 2139 viewsMarc

Caulker to Saints on 14:48 - Jul 29 by Northernr

Very true, and might just be his cousin attempting to save face for Steven by claiming the club/manager is the problem
Caulker to Saints on 15:02 - Jul 29 with 2090 viewsGetMeRangers

Caulker to Saints on 14:58 - Jul 29 by Northernr

I'd have Connolly back in a heartbeat.

Well Cr will get an early look at him for the first home game. A player with promoted sides for 4 of the last five seasons. he is a good luck charm!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024