Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who's next to go? 15:57 - Jul 29 with 6300 viewsCFW

With the decision this afternoon to dump Caulker just wonder who is next out of the door? Whilst we all know Austin is going I we hoping to keep at least some of our players especially defenders. Not long to go now before the start of the season and we have no defenders apart from Ned, more midfield players than you can shake a stick at and without Charlie not much up front.

For me Phillips, Fer and Sandro are obvious to go along with Charlie.

Sorry but for me like the pre-season our club is a total mess and we will be lucky to survive at this rate.
Who's next to go? on 16:22 - Jul 29 with 3168 viewsTonto

I'd do the lottery on your way home - you're obviously excellent at predicting stuff.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Who's next to go? on 16:27 - Jul 29 with 3133 viewsBAWHoops

We need to accept that we are lower down the food chain now.

If on deadline day West Brom bid £8m for Phillips then guess what... he will go.
We probably won't be able to bring in a replacement as the money will come in too late.

Same situation is likely to happen with Austin. We can't buy his replacement whilst he is still here as we need the money to fund the deal and chances are that he goes very late in the window.

It's shitty, but it's where we are

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Who's next to go? on 16:27 - Jul 29 with 3125 viewsMarc

Traore will be next out the door IMO
Who's next to go? on 16:30 - Jul 29 with 3105 viewsWilloW4

Who's next to go? on 16:27 - Jul 29 by Marc

Traore will be next out the door IMO

Oh yes please Marc...hope you're 100% correct.
Who's next to go? on 16:31 - Jul 29 with 3103 viewsadhoc_qpr

I always thought the rumoured Fer to Sunderland was likely to happen. The Dutch connection with Advocaat plus Fer was brilliant at Sunderland away and they badly want a creative midfielder/no 10.

Sandro will be off on loan i think (probably with us paying the lion's share of his wages). Maybe somewhere in Spain or Portugal.

Austin looks like he'll have to go to Newcastle if he wants to play in the prem, as his other potential suitors seem to be snapping up other options and the bigger clubs simply aren't interested at the moment.
Who's next to go? on 16:31 - Jul 29 with 3100 viewskingsburyR

So we're back to the old QPR we all fell in love with?

I'll settle for that after the last 4 years!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Who's next to go? on 16:35 - Jul 29 with 3052 viewsadhoc_qpr

Who's next to go? on 16:31 - Jul 29 by kingsburyR

There is something strangely reassuring about scrapping around for other people's cast offs isn't there?

Mind you it's been a while since we've actually had players other clubs have been interested in buying - even if they won't pay anywhere near their value (or anything at all in Caulker's case).
Who's next to go? on 16:48 - Jul 29 with 2990 viewskingsburyR

A lot of arse covering going on through twitter!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Login to get fewer ads

Who's next to go? on 16:49 - Jul 29 with 2988 viewslondonscottish

Who's next to go? on 16:27 - Jul 29 by BAWHoops

We need to accept that we are lower down the food chain now.

If on deadline day West Brom bid £8m for Phillips then guess what... he will go.
We probably won't be able to bring in a replacement as the money will come in too late.

Same situation is likely to happen with Austin. We can't buy his replacement whilst he is still here as we need the money to fund the deal and chances are that he goes very late in the window.

It's shitty, but it's where we are

When CR was on Talksport he pointed out that he wouldn't get to spend any of the £8m that the club will be getting for Sterling.

Meanwhile in Hoos's first interview he points out that the owners forked out £750k per game in the last Championship campaign over and above the club's income.

And now LF is on QPR Player talking about the new strict budget that he and CR have to operate under.

He did repeat that they have targets lined up for the back four.

Let's hope they come off.

The financial carnage isn't their fault but the after effect could make life virtually impossible for the coach and DoF.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Who's next to go? on 18:24 - Jul 29 with 2831 viewsSpiritofGregory

Who's next to go? on 16:31 - Jul 29 by adhoc_qpr

I always thought the rumoured Fer to Sunderland was likely to happen. The Dutch connection with Advocaat plus Fer was brilliant at Sunderland away and they badly want a creative midfielder/no 10.

Sandro will be off on loan i think (probably with us paying the lion's share of his wages). Maybe somewhere in Spain or Portugal.

Austin looks like he'll have to go to Newcastle if he wants to play in the prem, as his other potential suitors seem to be snapping up other options and the bigger clubs simply aren't interested at the moment.

If anyone wants Fer they'll have to pay a hefty salary, he has got used to that at QPR. We'll be stuck with a chunk of Sandro's salary. I can see him going on loan.

Austin and Phillips will be snapped up.
Who's next to go? on 18:31 - Jul 29 with 2811 viewsLowerloftLad

Austin
Phiilips
Fer
Sandro
Hoillet

Apart from green and nedum the rest must be on championship wages then over the next few years it will go right back to old school QPR scraping around in the lower half of the championship so maybe i can see an up side to caulkers loan in there being at least one big transfer out next season too

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Who's next to go? on 18:42 - Jul 29 with 2771 viewsjohnhoop

I just don't get this "Sandro will be off on loan with us paying most of his wages" thing. Surely if we're going to be paying him anyway we might as well hang on to him and have him play for us?
Who's next to go? on 18:44 - Jul 29 with 2764 viewsjohnhoop

Who's next to go? on 16:49 - Jul 29 by londonscottish

When CR was on Talksport he pointed out that he wouldn't get to spend any of the £8m that the club will be getting for Sterling.

Meanwhile in Hoos's first interview he points out that the owners forked out £750k per game in the last Championship campaign over and above the club's income.

And now LF is on QPR Player talking about the new strict budget that he and CR have to operate under.

The financial carnage isn't their fault but the after effect could make life virtually impossible for the coach and DoF.

It's not going to make it too pleasant for the supporters either.
Who's next to go? on 08:50 - Jul 30 with 2481 viewslondonscottish

Who's next to go? on 18:44 - Jul 29 by johnhoop

It's not going to make it too pleasant for the supporters either.

Yes it would be grim. I work with a Fulham fan and he had a pretty miserable time of it last season.

Fingers crossed that Dave Mac and LF are right - in that there is enough money and that there are targets lines up that they can get across the line.

Who's next to go? on 09:18 - Jul 30 with 2435 viewsSimonJames

I wouldn't be surprised at a last minute bid for Green.

Also, since CR & LF have played down the prospect of challenging for promotion, I expect the owners will want to offset most of the transfer fees against their loses, rather than making them available for building the team.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Who's next to go? on 09:27 - Jul 30 with 2403 viewsMaggsinho

Who's next to go? on 16:49 - Jul 29 by londonscottish

It may not have directly out of the Sterling fee but we did go and fork out over £2m for Chery shortly afterwards so whilst we might not be spending the multi millions we did in the Premiership this new strict budget isn't quite out and out austerity.
Who's next to go? on 09:33 - Jul 30 with 2371 viewsTheBlob

Who's next to go? on 16:31 - Jul 29 by kingsburyR

Nothing like the "old QPR" that I fell in love with.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Who's next to go? on 09:34 - Jul 30 with 2363 viewslondonscottish

Who's next to go? on 09:27 - Jul 30 by Maggsinho

It may not have directly out of the Sterling fee but we did go and fork out over £2m for Chery shortly afterwards so whilst we might not be spending the multi millions we did in the Premiership this new strict budget isn't quite out and out austerity.

Yeah, sounds like you are right. Glass half full again this morning.

Who's next to go? on 09:42 - Jul 30 with 2334 viewsadhoc_qpr

I was really angry yesterday at being mugged yet again - but as people pointed out, Caulker was actually a liability last season, and we were just hoping he'd sorted himself out (with no evidence he had)

And if we can get Perch in we'll probably actually be stronger in defence next week.

Now that we know the financial reality let's get the rest shipped out ASAP so that we can reinforce the defence and attack to Championship standard.
Who's next to go? on 09:44 - Jul 30 with 2326 viewsRangers67

The way I see it is its quite simple really. If we do not get our asking price for our players by the latest 1 week before the season starts, then they don,t get sold. With Charlie and Phillips etc in the team then we would stand a much better chance of promotion. The money we would get from the Prem next year would dwarf any potential transfer losses.
Who's next to go? on 09:57 - Jul 30 with 2279 viewsDiscodroids

given the Bentley interest , i'll be astounded if green isnt going to leave . i cant believe they would spend £1.5 million + on a goalkeeper to sit in the bench to stare at the back of ramseys tramps hat. it just doesnt make sense to utilise the prudent budget on assets in that way .

The defence , even with the £750,000 capture of Perch who is 30 next month, is not fit for purpose for a 48 game season .
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 9:58]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Who's next to go? on 10:00 - Jul 30 with 2261 viewslave16

Who's next to go? on 09:44 - Jul 30 by Rangers67

The way I see it is its quite simple really. If we do not get our asking price for our players by the latest 1 week before the season starts, then they don,t get sold. With Charlie and Phillips etc in the team then we would stand a much better chance of promotion. The money we would get from the Prem next year would dwarf any potential transfer losses.

money from being in the prem would dwarf any transfer fee... so I agree.

as for Charlie I think gambling on letting his contract run down and us getting promoted is worth it.
As for phillips he will be worth the same if not more this time next year and he will be supplying Charlie if he stays or Polter. with cherry and phillips supplying them and luongo about we should produce enough chances.

Not mentioning the defence...

As for Fer I am not really to sure where he will fit in... our midfield and attack will look something like this

phillips - Luongo - Faurlin - Cherry
(with Henry - Fer - Gladwin - Sandro also)

Austin - Mackie
(Polter)

Therefore I would try to sell Fer as I can only see his value drop the longer he stays... I know hes young etc and Ramsey seems to like him but unless we play 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 I think he will struggle to find a role where he is effective

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Who's next to go? on 10:00 - Jul 30 with 2261 viewsdaveB

Who's next to go? on 09:57 - Jul 30 by Discodroids

given the Bentley interest , i'll be astounded if green isnt going to leave . i cant believe they would spend £1.5 million + on a goalkeeper to sit in the bench to stare at the back of ramseys tramps hat. it just doesnt make sense to utilise the prudent budget on assets in that way .

The defence , even with the £750,000 capture of Perch who is 30 next month, is not fit for purpose for a 48 game season .
[Post edited 30 Jul 2015 9:58]

I think Green will go as well. Obviously defence nowhere near good enough for a full season but I'd be shocked if we don't see several additions in the next few weeks
Who's next to go? on 10:09 - Jul 30 with 2224 viewsadhoc_qpr

That article about Bentley only said we are lining up a bid for him 'should Green leave'.

Basically, if anyone bids for Green we'll accept it, but i don't think Green will go unless he is first choice.

And who in the prem needs a goalie where Green would prove a massive upgrade?

Watford are the only team i can see, even Bournemouth have Borus who is perfectly fine. Any other team would only be buying Green as bakup.
Who's next to go? on 10:09 - Jul 30 with 2222 viewsbaz_qpr

Clearly they've got to get the wage bill down for FFP purposes.

I dont believe that we wont spend any money coming back in, I think CR deliberately talked down what we can spend for negotiation reasons otherwise other clubs would be holding us to ransom.

Having said that as I said on another thread I'm a little surprised at our inability to go and buy / bring in top ten level experienced championship players which is what we need to bulk out the squad
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024