Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR v Wealdstone 1978 08:09 - Jul 31 with 4225 viewsElHoop

Seeing as we have an XI out tomorrow at Wealdstone, here's the goals from the last time that we played:

Disgraceful behaviour from Stones legend John 'Willie' Watson in knocking the yellow card from the ref's hand after the 4th goal, and I'd also like to know what he was going to do with that bit of mud that he picked up before the penalty. The 2nd goal was typical of what Stan Bowles used to be able to do, even at the very highest level, for those who weren't around at the time.
QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 08:25 - Jul 31 with 4179 viewsWatford_Ranger

No hoops. Boooo.
QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 08:43 - Jul 31 with 4133 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 08:25 - Jul 31 by Watford_Ranger

No hoops. Boooo.

There was some kit disaster I I seem to remember, but can't recall if it was us or Wealdstone that were at fault!
QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 08:47 - Jul 31 with 4117 viewsTacticalR

Don't talk to me about kit disasters.

Air hostess clique

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 09:01 - Jul 31 with 4085 viewsDiscodroids

what a lovely post. el hoop.

in those days , those regional reports were carried out in the same manner as one of them 'protect and survive ' public information films that the government put out at the height of the cold war.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 09:09 - Jul 31 with 4069 viewsElHoop

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 09:01 - Jul 31 by Discodroids

in those days , those regional reports were carried out in the same manner as one of them 'protect and survive ' public information films that the government put out at the height of the cold war.

Cheers DD - I think that was from ITV by the look of it.

Was a weird day that one as I genuinely supported and watched both sides, but sat in the Wealdstone seats which I think were in the lower SAR - now boxes/paddock. It's the only time I've been to a game and wanted both sides to win.

The Wealdstone always claim that they 'took' the Loft that day, but in all honesty there was nobody there when that happened.
QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 09:28 - Jul 31 with 4040 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I remember going to that.
QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 09:41 - Jul 31 with 4004 viewsDiscodroids

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 09:09 - Jul 31 by ElHoop

Cheers DD - I think that was from ITV by the look of it.

Was a weird day that one as I genuinely supported and watched both sides, but sat in the Wealdstone seats which I think were in the lower SAR - now boxes/paddock. It's the only time I've been to a game and wanted both sides to win.

The Wealdstone always claim that they 'took' the Loft that day, but in all honesty there was nobody there when that happened.

it may make me an old romantic Mate , but i ache for days like that again at W12.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 09:45 - Jul 31 with 3997 viewsqpr1976

Sounds like John Craven ?
Login to get fewer ads

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 09:47 - Jul 31 with 3996 viewsDorse

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 09:01 - Jul 31 by Discodroids

QPR had obviously painted themselves white to deflect the flash from Soviet ICBMs. The dressing room was full of non-perishable tinned goods, just in case. Sadly, Bowles drank most of the tinned goods later.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 12:57 - Jul 31 with 3887 viewsbrad

at that game to,in the loft with snipper!!!!
QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 17:50 - Jul 31 with 3776 viewsthemodfather

my 2nd ever game....
QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 18:08 - Jul 31 with 3760 viewsNov77

I refuse to believe that Ernie howe put that ball in the oppositions net.
I suspect that just before he struck it a transfer to Wealdstone was agreed therby ensuring it was another own goal! Disgusted by his actions, they immediately transferred him back to us.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 21:14 - Jul 31 with 3663 viewsWalnut

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 18:08 - Jul 31 by Nov77

I refuse to believe that Ernie howe put that ball in the oppositions net.
I suspect that just before he struck it a transfer to Wealdstone was agreed therby ensuring it was another own goal! Disgusted by his actions, they immediately transferred him back to us.

Sounds like Michael Blakey which would make this a bbc news clip
QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 22:30 - Jul 31 with 3613 viewsCamberleyR

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 21:14 - Jul 31 by Walnut

Sounds like Michael Blakey which would make this a bbc news clip

That's who it was. It'd been bugging me all day. I knew his first name was Michael and I could see his face reading the sports news on the BBC but couldn't remember what his surname was. Cheers!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR v Wealdstone 1978 on 23:23 - Jul 31 with 3561 viewsTearsOfaClown

The next link was worth watching too

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024