Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey on Player 09:32 - Jul 31 with 6191 viewsGetMeRangers

http://www.player.qpr.co.uk/latest-news/29993668-d60e-4f91-82ab-650c6cb1d045

How has pre-season gone so far?
I feel that it has gone quite well. The players have worked hard and are quite fit at this stage of the pre-seaso?
Are players at where you hoped they would be
Most are, but we have a few injuries which is inevitable in pre-season and never helps
With 9 players either out of contrtact or returning to their parent clubs, there is a big rebuild on your hands. How do you feel that has gone so far?
So far we are still in the process of it as we know we need players to come in , in paricular in defence needing strenthing, but so far OK
How many more faces would you like to see?
Difficult to answer but 5 possibly. Hopefully your players that are here already will help me make my mind up and not bring so many in
Defensively you have said we need to be strengthened and even more so after Caulker's departure?
The club is where it is at with its finacial situation and we really have to look after the club in that situation. He is going to be very difficult to replace but we will do our best to do that
Looking forward to Atalanta?
Yes. They are a big team and this is the right test for us at this stage
People are all guessing to the starting line up for Charlton - in your mind are you nearly there yet?
No. We have some things to iron out and also we dont know who is going to come in and who is going to leave before then, but the bulk of the squad is pretty fixed
How much can we read into the starting 11 on Sunday?
Dont read into it. Obvioulsy I would like to play most of those that will start next week but you dont know who is going to be here and who's not. But I imagine most of the players starting will be starting against charlton
The players are chomping at the bit to get the season started, what about yourself?
As a manger you are always a bit apprehensive. there are areas where you felt you could have worked more on or areas where the players feel they could have worked on more. But it will come and everyone will be happy to work in this stadium with the fans, sell out season tickets and hopefully we will give them something to cheer about
Ramsey on Player on 15:33 - Jul 31 with 1244 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey on Player on 15:08 - Jul 31 by Neil_SI

I'd just like to add, that having met him and had the opportunity to talk football, I found him completely down to earth, honest and aware of the predicament he's in. He's good company and somebody you could have a laugh with and talk football to for hours.

I saw snippet of this in his press conferences in the past, but from that chat with him, it's clear he has a great sense of humour and can laugh about his own situation. If I was a player I'd love to play under him, he's that sort of person and coach.

But that sense of humour hasn't always come out in public enough. He is new to the whole PR side of football in terms of the regular intensity and spotlight he'll be under, but really, he's experienced and good enough to cope with that and improve over time, if he wants to.

That's where we need to give him a bit of patience and time. We're very used to big personalities running the show but that doesn't make them great coaches, tacticians or managers. He is right to air caution and the message all summer has basically been one of trying to bring stability to the ranks, and not do a Wigan. That's the minimum target, if it hasn't already been obvious.

From the chat we had, I actually really enjoyed the he and Les Ferdinand laughed at their own situation and found it funny that their opportunity comes with such difficulty and complexity. But at the same time, you sensed they were excited that there was an unknown element to it, that it could go tits up and horribly wrong or it could go well.

Really in the end, what excites me about them, is that they're both good, and no matter what happens here doesn't change that, but if it goes badly they understand it could be curtains for the pair of them and they're ready and willing to take on that challenge. They're banking on the fact that they're actually good at their jobs and can hopefully make a difference, even if it's at the expense of the players they want to keep or bring in.

In the end though, this is QPR, and while I've enjoyed the approach we've taken to our business and think most of it has been spot on this summer, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sudden influx of players as it's just our way and has been for some time.

I am however excited about the potential going forward. I really hope it works out well, and if they can get themselves off to a decent start this campaign, ultimately I think Ramsey and Ferdinand can surprise a fair few people with what they can achieve.

The key to all of this is how we react to and deal with our first big tests. That is, going behind and down a goal or two, or whatever, the key moments in games, perhaps losing something you shouldn't, perhaps realising an opposing side is better, and so on. It's all the normal moments that bring reality to a situation and then knowing how to respond. It's there we will see what this new set up is really made of, where it is now and how far away it is from where it needs to be.

Main thing is — get behind the management and the team. They need our help, they haven't been shy about asking us for help, and as supporters we should bloody well do that for them.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2015 15:09]

We need to sign a flurry of players but at least it looks like we'll clear out the previous bunch first and actually bank some cash too this time - not just add another layer to the squad.

I like both Ramsey and Ferdinand, think they both have good intentions and want to do things the right way.

But the jury is still out on both.

Ferdinand didn't exactly do brilliantly in the January window (Zarate!) and you can't judge him yet on this one (Signings like Luongo and Perch are good, loaning Caulker and Harriman before replacing them odd).

Ramsey improved Phillips through coaching and out tactic'd Sherwood - but equally was dire versus West Ham at home and the team stopped playing entirely for the last few weeks which was humiliating.
Ramsey on Player on 15:37 - Jul 31 with 1228 viewshoopdog

Ramsey on Player on 15:33 - Jul 31 by adhoc_qpr

We need to sign a flurry of players but at least it looks like we'll clear out the previous bunch first and actually bank some cash too this time - not just add another layer to the squad.

I like both Ramsey and Ferdinand, think they both have good intentions and want to do things the right way.

But the jury is still out on both.

Ferdinand didn't exactly do brilliantly in the January window (Zarate!) and you can't judge him yet on this one (Signings like Luongo and Perch are good, loaning Caulker and Harriman before replacing them odd).

Ramsey improved Phillips through coaching and out tactic'd Sherwood - but equally was dire versus West Ham at home and the team stopped playing entirely for the last few weeks which was humiliating.

Every word spot on Adhoc
Ramsey on Player on 15:55 - Jul 31 with 1183 viewsHunterhoop

Ramsey on Player on 15:37 - Jul 31 by hoopdog

Every word spot on Adhoc

When the "jury is still out" you are meant to have not reached a decision yet and, to maintain the legal analogy, the defendents are "innocent until proven guilty".

Sounds to me like you've already decided they're guilty and you're waiting to get the evidence to prove it.

Give them a chance. Givem the benefit of doubt. Give them your support. On the results front, the jury is still out, but to anyone with any reasoned analysis they are clearly trying to do the right thing. Whether it works is yet to be seen, but give them a chance. Put away that pitchfork.
Ramsey on Player on 16:10 - Jul 31 with 1151 viewshoopdog

Ramsey on Player on 15:55 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

When the "jury is still out" you are meant to have not reached a decision yet and, to maintain the legal analogy, the defendents are "innocent until proven guilty".

Sounds to me like you've already decided they're guilty and you're waiting to get the evidence to prove it.

Give them a chance. Givem the benefit of doubt. Give them your support. On the results front, the jury is still out, but to anyone with any reasoned analysis they are clearly trying to do the right thing. Whether it works is yet to be seen, but give them a chance. Put away that pitchfork.

Where in faks name do you get that from ! it's true he comes across as a likeable fella and he did good at times and not so good at times and therefor the jury is out one way or the other and of course we have to get behind him it's our fking club ,but surely we all have the right voice what's good and what we think is not so good, we're not all going see only the good he does in fear of posters looking to jump on your back for having concerns about things
Ramsey on Player on 16:26 - Jul 31 with 1122 viewsvegasranger

Ramsey on Player on 10:19 - Jul 31 by londonscottish

The way he talks I can't decide whether he's

(a) genuinely depressed
(b) a bit worried given that this could be his one and only go at a big job
(c) getting the excuses in early now he's properly in the hot seat
(d) just trying to dampen down excessive expectations and therefore the inevitable backlash eight games in

This morning I've gone for (b)

I'm going with C.
Ramsey on Player on 16:37 - Jul 31 with 1100 viewsadhoc_qpr

Ramsey on Player on 15:55 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

Not at all!

As I said they've both done good things and bad things currently - and obviously we haven't even reached the season proper yet which is when you can really judge them.

I will admit that I haven't given Ramsey as much of a free pass for last season as many on here seem to have - so he's not starting with a completely clean slate.

Plus i'm expecting early struggles, so i wouldn't even think about removing Ramsey unless our form is incredibly dire i.e. winless in the first 15 matches dire.
Ramsey on Player on 16:47 - Jul 31 with 1082 viewshoopdog

Ramsey on Player on 16:37 - Jul 31 by adhoc_qpr

Not at all!

As I said they've both done good things and bad things currently - and obviously we haven't even reached the season proper yet which is when you can really judge them.

I will admit that I haven't given Ramsey as much of a free pass for last season as many on here seem to have - so he's not starting with a completely clean slate.

Plus i'm expecting early struggles, so i wouldn't even think about removing Ramsey unless our form is incredibly dire i.e. winless in the first 15 matches dire.

Truly unbelievable how posters find fault in someone seeing both sides ,
but I suppose if you don't see it their way all the time your going out of your way to find fault
Ramsey on Player on 17:45 - Jul 31 with 1007 viewsrsonist

Mixed messages coming from the club really. Ramsey gives the impression the squad's not where he'd like it to be yet because the club's hands are tied; but most other clubs in the league would love the poverty of signing Luongo, Gladwin, Chery, Perch for £6m or thereabouts, plus the luxury of turning our noses up at big bids for our assets because we still want a bit more. If we're hamstrung in the market now ultimately you can only say it's our own doing - the money and the time were on the table if we wanted it.

Or maybe he's bluffing. Chery in his interview didn't seem to have the same consolidation script as everyone else.
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey on Player on 17:49 - Jul 31 with 992 viewsHunterhoop

Ramsey on Player on 16:47 - Jul 31 by hoopdog

Truly unbelievable how posters find fault in someone seeing both sides ,
but I suppose if you don't see it their way all the time your going out of your way to find fault

That's a ridiculous comment and in now way representative or fair of what I said or do say on this board. Read it again.

It comes across strongly from your and adhoc's comments that you are not quite true to your "the jury's still out" line. As adhoc admits, his view of Ramsey is already tainted by last year and he's judging him a bit already and has a slightly negative view of him. So the jury isn't "out", it's already leaning in one direction!

That's all I was highlighting. I wasn't having a dig or finding fault. This whole thread has been full of people trying to appear balanced and objective, but who've clearly already started judging Ramsey negatively. Calm down and let's wait till the season starts. Give him a chance without a prejudiced view that he's already struggling to prove he's decent.
Ramsey on Player on 17:55 - Jul 31 with 976 viewsvegasranger

Ramsey on Player on 13:46 - Jul 31 by PinnerPaul

Sounds fine IN THEORY , Leeds finished 15th last season and lost 20 games - no way are fans going to be "happy" with losing nearly half of the matches we play!!!!!!

I agree. Our ticket prices are pretty high and I don't believe fans are going to be happy struggling in the bottom half of the table. Why should the fans of QPR pay for the mistakes of our owners? They have received over 13 million in transfer fees and we have the parachute money coming in. Probably sell another couple of players for over 20 million. There should be plenty of money to buy some of the quality players we need to compete in the Championship. We just lurch around, now it's all about bringing the youth through. Even though they are patently not good enough. Wish TF and his cronies would sell up and go away.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2015 18:04]
Ramsey on Player on 18:04 - Jul 31 with 941 viewsSpiritofGregory

Brentford had a good manager. Warburton was perfect for QPR, sadly it wasn't to be because Ferdinand needs a puppet.

Ramsey is a coach he will coach the players he is given.
Ramsey on Player on 18:09 - Jul 31 with 935 viewshoopdog

Ramsey on Player on 17:49 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

That's a ridiculous comment and in now way representative or fair of what I said or do say on this board. Read it again.

It comes across strongly from your and adhoc's comments that you are not quite true to your "the jury's still out" line. As adhoc admits, his view of Ramsey is already tainted by last year and he's judging him a bit already and has a slightly negative view of him. So the jury isn't "out", it's already leaning in one direction!

That's all I was highlighting. I wasn't having a dig or finding fault. This whole thread has been full of people trying to appear balanced and objective, but who've clearly already started judging Ramsey negatively. Calm down and let's wait till the season starts. Give him a chance without a prejudiced view that he's already struggling to prove he's decent.

Gordon Bennett what part of Adhoc and me reserving our judgement on L F and C R don't you understand
Ramsey on Player on 18:17 - Jul 31 with 915 views08olesen

Since he got the job as manager i believe he has been trying to lower expectations so there is less pressure on him. I understand that there have been a lot of changes, but as i said a few weeks ago we still have a good squad by championship standards, and really should be challenging for play offs or near. I hope he is having a very different approach to the players as he is to the media because that tone really would not inspire me to think we could challenge this year if god forbid i was pulling on the hoops.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ramsey on Player on 18:41 - Jul 31 with 874 viewsvegasranger

Ramsey on Player on 18:17 - Jul 31 by 08olesen

Since he got the job as manager i believe he has been trying to lower expectations so there is less pressure on him. I understand that there have been a lot of changes, but as i said a few weeks ago we still have a good squad by championship standards, and really should be challenging for play offs or near. I hope he is having a very different approach to the players as he is to the media because that tone really would not inspire me to think we could challenge this year if god forbid i was pulling on the hoops.

As it stands right now I'm not sure we have a good Championship squad. Our defence is really bad. We only have one goalkeeper. Only one defensive midfielder ( Henry ). I'm not sure what's going on with Sandro. He should be at least training with a pro club in Brazil but from the picture I saw he is just messing about. Still think we need a bit more pace upfront.
Ramsey on Player on 19:03 - Jul 31 with 823 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey on Player on 17:45 - Jul 31 by rsonist

Mixed messages coming from the club really. Ramsey gives the impression the squad's not where he'd like it to be yet because the club's hands are tied; but most other clubs in the league would love the poverty of signing Luongo, Gladwin, Chery, Perch for £6m or thereabouts, plus the luxury of turning our noses up at big bids for our assets because we still want a bit more. If we're hamstrung in the market now ultimately you can only say it's our own doing - the money and the time were on the table if we wanted it.

Or maybe he's bluffing. Chery in his interview didn't seem to have the same consolidation script as everyone else.

I have noticed that too. Every player brought in hesitates when asked by Ian where they are on script about consolidation.... even Perch didnt quite know how he was supposed to answer. I am sure behind the doors all the players are hoping for a successful season and pushing at least for the playoffs... why wouldnt they?
(No subject) (n/t) on 19:26 - Jul 31 with 790 viewsSpiritofGregory

Ramsey on Player on 18:17 - Jul 31 by 08olesen

QPR don't have a manager.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2015 20:54]
Ramsey on Player on 19:44 - Jul 31 with 763 viewsJigsore

has Adel had his breakfast yet?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024