Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ramsey on Player 09:32 - Jul 31 with 6193 viewsGetMeRangers

http://www.player.qpr.co.uk/latest-news/29993668-d60e-4f91-82ab-650c6cb1d045

How has pre-season gone so far?
I feel that it has gone quite well. The players have worked hard and are quite fit at this stage of the pre-seaso?
Are players at where you hoped they would be
Most are, but we have a few injuries which is inevitable in pre-season and never helps
With 9 players either out of contrtact or returning to their parent clubs, there is a big rebuild on your hands. How do you feel that has gone so far?
So far we are still in the process of it as we know we need players to come in , in paricular in defence needing strenthing, but so far OK
How many more faces would you like to see?
Difficult to answer but 5 possibly. Hopefully your players that are here already will help me make my mind up and not bring so many in
Defensively you have said we need to be strengthened and even more so after Caulker's departure?
The club is where it is at with its finacial situation and we really have to look after the club in that situation. He is going to be very difficult to replace but we will do our best to do that
Looking forward to Atalanta?
Yes. They are a big team and this is the right test for us at this stage
People are all guessing to the starting line up for Charlton - in your mind are you nearly there yet?
No. We have some things to iron out and also we dont know who is going to come in and who is going to leave before then, but the bulk of the squad is pretty fixed
How much can we read into the starting 11 on Sunday?
Dont read into it. Obvioulsy I would like to play most of those that will start next week but you dont know who is going to be here and who's not. But I imagine most of the players starting will be starting against charlton
The players are chomping at the bit to get the season started, what about yourself?
As a manger you are always a bit apprehensive. there are areas where you felt you could have worked more on or areas where the players feel they could have worked on more. But it will come and everyone will be happy to work in this stadium with the fans, sell out season tickets and hopefully we will give them something to cheer about
Ramsey on Player on 09:59 - Jul 31 with 3469 viewsadhoc_qpr

Not very inspiring stuff, but i do feel for Ramsey.

Trying to build a new team while everyone is up for sale must be tricky and he has never had a balanced squad to work with during his whole time here.
Ramsey on Player on 10:05 - Jul 31 with 3420 viewslave16

Ramsey on Player on 09:59 - Jul 31 by adhoc_qpr

Trying to build a new team while everyone is up for sale must be tricky and he has never had a balanced squad to work with during his whole time here.

he's looking 5 more in... better dust of me boots...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Ramsey on Player on 10:06 - Jul 31 with 3419 viewsHayesender

Well that's inspired me

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Ramsey on Player on 10:10 - Jul 31 with 3396 viewsQPunkR

Not sure what to make of all that really. Is he simply being realistic? Or trying to temper expectations? Can't watch the vid at work but the answers all sound a bit, well, shall we say less beamingly positive than stuff from the Club we've heard all summer.
Still, looking forward to the Valley next week regardless!

QPR - "shit but local"

Ramsey on Player on 10:12 - Jul 31 with 3388 viewsaston_hoop

That reminds me that we are only a week away from our 1st 'presser' thread of the season....please tell me they're coming back next season?? Northern???

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ramsey on Player on 10:14 - Jul 31 with 3366 viewsrobith

Ramsey on Player on 10:12 - Jul 31 by aston_hoop

That reminds me that we are only a week away from our 1st 'presser' thread of the season....please tell me they're coming back next season?? Northern???

Do Champ clubs have them? I thought we only had them last time cos Redknapp is such a great guy and the media love talking to him so much
Ramsey on Player on 10:14 - Jul 31 with 3365 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey on Player on 09:59 - Jul 31 by adhoc_qpr

I feel that CR honesty lets him down at times. However, I would prefer that to being unrealistic.

I think he is absolutely set on losing main players, concerned over the defence and anxious that the fans will turn on him too quickly if things dont go right.

I know it is only a friendly but it will be easier to take a view on Sunday. I am glad that he will be attempting to play his starting 11 for Charlton, even if he thinks he may lose some players before then

Unlike previous seasons, this seems much more of a step into the unknown. I am peculiar, because I find that exciting. last year, I had high hopes as I thought the off season signings had been good, so the disappointment for most of the season made it a hard one. If we fail this year, it will be more a case of shrugging shoulders and saying "Well, at least we tried at rebuilding the club in the proper way"
Ramsey on Player on 10:16 - Jul 31 with 3352 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey on Player on 10:10 - Jul 31 by QPunkR

Not sure what to make of all that really. Is he simply being realistic? Or trying to temper expectations? Can't watch the vid at work but the answers all sound a bit, well, shall we say less beamingly positive than stuff from the Club we've heard all summer.
Still, looking forward to the Valley next week regardless!

Didnt sound terribly positive... bit like his talkSport interview. Dont know if that is CR himself and the way he comes across or a deliberate effort to temper expectations
Login to get fewer ads

Ramsey on Player on 10:19 - Jul 31 with 3324 viewslondonscottish

Ramsey on Player on 10:06 - Jul 31 by Hayesender

Well that's inspired me

The way he talks I can't decide whether he's

(a) genuinely depressed
(b) a bit worried given that this could be his one and only go at a big job
(c) getting the excuses in early now he's properly in the hot seat
(d) just trying to dampen down excessive expectations and therefore the inevitable backlash eight games in

This morning I've gone for (b)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ramsey on Player on 10:20 - Jul 31 with 3315 viewseghamranger

Can someone remind him that the season starts a week tmr!!!

Not panicking yet though
Ramsey on Player on 10:22 - Jul 31 with 3306 viewsqueensparker

Well, if it all goes tits up he can always get a job as a motivational speaker. Jesus.

Then again, Gerry Francis wasn't exactly Mr Charisma with the press but got the job done.
Ramsey on Player on 10:24 - Jul 31 with 3291 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ramsey gives reasonable answers to reasonable questions and we moan about him not being inspirational.
Christ.

Bare bones.

Ramsey on Player on 10:26 - Jul 31 with 3274 viewsaston_hoop

Ramsey on Player on 10:14 - Jul 31 by robith

Do Champ clubs have them? I thought we only had them last time cos Redknapp is such a great guy and the media love talking to him so much

If it doesn't happen, make one up anyway. Literally nothing of interest ever happens on a Thursday morning otherwise.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Ramsey on Player on 10:27 - Jul 31 with 3271 viewsqueensparker

Ramsey on Player on 10:24 - Jul 31 by Antti_Heinola

Ramsey gives reasonable answers to reasonable questions and we moan about him not being inspirational.
Christ.

It's not so much this interview, but listening to him on Talksport, he actually sounded quite depressed and worried about the new season.
Ramsey on Player on 10:30 - Jul 31 with 3257 viewsGetMeRangers

Ramsey on Player on 10:27 - Jul 31 by queensparker

It's not so much this interview, but listening to him on Talksport, he actually sounded quite depressed and worried about the new season.

It may just be him. Post Sunderland interview.
Ramsey on Player on 10:39 - Jul 31 with 3202 viewsTheBlob

It's "champing at the bit" goddammit.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ramsey on Player on 10:40 - Jul 31 with 3196 viewsDiscodroids

poor fuc ker. ted bundy on death row .somebody take his request for a last meal. probably boiled rice and boiled fish. hope it aint a bacon sandwich , what with the press taking photographs an' all

even grace hopper on bradley coopers 'limitless' pills couldnt work out the variables of whose gonna be here for the charlton game .

he makes me feel like a wife beater just looking at him , with his doe eyes and houndog mannerisims. speaks quieter than whispering bob harris introducing the new york dolls on whistle test.

hope les aint to handy with him , especially with those heavy hands if his tea is late.

"theolonius monk in e minor..nice"
[Post edited 31 Jul 2015 10:45]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ramsey on Player on 10:50 - Jul 31 with 3128 viewsTheBlob

Christ.

I was inspired to press the escape button.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ramsey on Player on 10:56 - Jul 31 with 3094 viewsNorthernr

Clearly downplaying expectations is the order of the day. Massive change around going on, huge turnover in players, can't go out like we did last time and buy Phillips and Austin for £8m, quite a young team and it's being asked to adapt to a new formation, with uncertainty around key players, players coming and going all the time. We're obviously short in key areas.

I think they know there's potential here, as Neil pointed out in his article earlier this week. But there's so much still to be done. I think they just want the players, the board and the fans to have enough patience for them to have a decent stab at it. I'm not sure they'll get it, I think Ramsey burned off a lot of his support with some of the things he did last season. I also think people like to talk a good game about seeing QPR going back to buying young, buying from lower leagues, promoting youth teamers etc but in practice they just want us to go and buy Jordan Rhodes for £12m like Middlesbrough are doing.

I prefer Ramsey's answers and approach, however downbeat they are, to this time last year and the constant stream of Sky-friendly bullsht we were being fed, including Harry's opinion on the fcking Ryder Cup.
Ramsey on Player on 11:05 - Jul 31 with 3045 viewsJonDoeman

Also said that Caulker is a big loss and will be hard to replace but it had to happen due to the club's financial position. ...

Great relegation clause that was Tony !

It Is What It Is !!

Ramsey on Player on 11:30 - Jul 31 with 2969 viewsdaveB

Ramsey on Player on 11:05 - Jul 31 by JonDoeman

Also said that Caulker is a big loss and will be hard to replace but it had to happen due to the club's financial position. ...

Great relegation clause that was Tony !

doesn't matter what sort of clause you put in once we were relegated most of our squad were going to be too expensive
Ramsey on Player on 11:31 - Jul 31 with 2951 viewssimmo

Ramsey on Player on 11:30 - Jul 31 by daveB

doesn't matter what sort of clause you put in once we were relegated most of our squad were going to be too expensive

Also, he wanted to leave. Why would you keep a player here that would rather be somewhere else?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ramsey on Player on 11:56 - Jul 31 with 2878 viewsadhoc_qpr

As always, we've bitten off more than we can chew.

We can't clear out the big earners, while playing transfer hardball on in demand players, while bringing in a new team of younger players, while filling in gaps in the squad that have been there for 3 years, while recruiting a complete new coaching staff, while getting the squad fit and prepared.

Too much to do, to much disruption and to be frank neither Les or Ramsey have ever done it before - and i think it's showing.

A bad start to the season and it won't take long for folks to remember the lows of last season (Man City, Leicester, West Ham etc etc).
Ramsey on Player on 11:58 - Jul 31 with 2865 viewslondonscottish

Christ.

From my perspective, anyway, he's gone from being a cheerful, cheeky interviewee into something far more cautious and downbeat.

But then again he had nothing to prove at the end of last season and now he does. And he's not stupid and knows that if he says the wrong thing now he'll never hear the end of it.

On balance I'd prefer him to be downbeat instead of spouting the first piece of nonsense that comes into his head*

* see H Redknapp

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Ramsey on Player on 12:16 - Jul 31 with 2814 viewsdaveB

Ramsey on Player on 11:56 - Jul 31 by adhoc_qpr

As always, we've bitten off more than we can chew.

We can't clear out the big earners, while playing transfer hardball on in demand players, while bringing in a new team of younger players, while filling in gaps in the squad that have been there for 3 years, while recruiting a complete new coaching staff, while getting the squad fit and prepared.

Too much to do, to much disruption and to be frank neither Les or Ramsey have ever done it before - and i think it's showing.

A bad start to the season and it won't take long for folks to remember the lows of last season (Man City, Leicester, West Ham etc etc).

We ha ve cleared out most of the big earner and would rather they play hardball than just give our better players away.

Neither Les or Ramsey may have done this before but not many managers have done this kind of rebuilding job before with much success.

I do agree it won't take much for the knives to come out for Ramsey and Ferdinand which is a real shame as the one thing they need from us is a bit of patience. Sadly we talk a lot about wanting QPR to do things as they are at the moment but we don't have the patience required for that to work.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024