Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am getting a little concerned 08:17 - Aug 1 with 3873 viewsLadbrokeR

At our dearth of reasonable defenders. I haven't seen us in a pre season game but have spoken to a few pals that have. Stated simply I have been told that we look going forward and no more than that. It made me think about the times I have been at Rangers knowing that roadless of what happens we are capable of conceding at any time. I was never a Caulker fan and thought that his game had really gone off the boil but he was in my starting 11. Exactly what is the back 4 going to look like. I am left thinking that a 37 year old hill is a shoe in ?
I am getting a little concerned on 08:46 - Aug 1 with 2559 viewsGetMeRangers

32 days left of the transfer window. seven days after that the loan window opens.

Pre-seasons dont mean a huge amount. Plymouth friendly at home, quickly followed by a capitulation in our second home game to Port Vale in the Cup didnt inspire any confidence in the Warnock season

There will be more signings, but you hope that Les continues with the emphasis upon 'the right sort' while being constrained by the playing budget

No panic just yet
I am getting a little concerned on 15:48 - Aug 4 with 2390 viewsGetMeRangers

Target? Tim Ream of Bolton...
http://www.espnfc.com/story/2547807/tim-ream-targeted-by-queens-park-rangers-sou
I am getting a little concerned on 15:51 - Aug 4 with 2358 viewsdaveB

Hill may be 37 but he's still a capable player. If we start with a back four of Perch, Hill, Onuoha and kpekawa on Saturday that is still decent for the championship Obviously could do with being better but this team was never going to be the finished article in just 2 months.
I am getting a little concerned on 15:57 - Aug 4 with 2339 viewsPhilmyRs

I am getting a little concerned on 15:51 - Aug 4 by daveB

Hill may be 37 but he's still a capable player. If we start with a back four of Perch, Hill, Onuoha and kpekawa on Saturday that is still decent for the championship Obviously could do with being better but this team was never going to be the finished article in just 2 months.

Replace Hill with a new partner for Ned (now Caulker has gone) and I don't mind that team. Even before Caulker left I felt we needed one simply because Ned struggles to string too many games together. Hill shouldn't be an automatic pic this season. Good cover, that's it.
I am getting a little concerned on 15:58 - Aug 4 with 2336 viewsvegasranger

Dave, Hill is way past it !! Kpekawa is central defender with almost no experience from one of the worst Rangers youth set up I have seen in 40 years. If w start with Faurlin and Luongo in front of them it could get ugly.
I am getting a little concerned on 16:04 - Aug 4 with 2292 viewsDiscodroids

mindblowing that we will start with hill at center back.

i know its tant amount to saying that there's a pit bull chewing your mums minge to dare suggest that clintus aurelius is at east 3 years past his use by date .

but he is.and its a sad state of affairs that shanks and bigfoot have been collecting midfielders like buffalo bill does human skins.

you put the lotion in the basket and get clint hill.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 16:05]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I am getting a little concerned on 16:05 - Aug 4 with 2271 viewsGetMeRangers

If Perch is as versatile as they say he is, wouldnt it be more likely to have Furlong, Chief, Hill, Perch?

maybe they will get Grant Hall signed before Sat, even if he is only supposed to be coming in as back up
I am getting a little concerned on 16:14 - Aug 4 with 2243 viewsHayesender

I am getting a little concerned on 16:04 - Aug 4 by Discodroids

mindblowing that we will start with hill at center back.

i know its tant amount to saying that there's a pit bull chewing your mums minge to dare suggest that clintus aurelius is at east 3 years past his use by date .

but he is.and its a sad state of affairs that shanks and bigfoot have been collecting midfielders like buffalo bill does human skins.

you put the lotion in the basket and get clint hill.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 16:05]

This. I frigging love Sir Clinton, but he should have been put out to pasture last summer

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

I am getting a little concerned on 16:14 - Aug 4 with 2241 viewsBklynRanger

I am getting a little concerned on 15:48 - Aug 4 by GetMeRangers

Target? Tim Ream of Bolton...
http://www.espnfc.com/story/2547807/tim-ream-targeted-by-queens-park-rangers-sou

Could be interesting. Would seem to fit in with the idea of playing it through the two midfielders.

Report from the 1-0 massacre of Haiti, before the 3rd place penalty loss to Panama (*tee hee*)

"Tim has certainly gotten better," U.S. captain Michael Bradley said of Ream. "He's improved. Tim has real quality. There are no two ways about it. He has a soccer brain. He reads things. He positions himself well. He's tuned in and he has an ability with his left foot to play different kinds of balls forward on the ground, balls into midfield that not all center backs can play.

I'd still rather have a Shittu type mind you.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 16:16]
I am getting a little concerned on 16:16 - Aug 4 with 2226 viewsNorthernr

I still think Hill has another good year in him at Championship level - though exclusively at centre back and never at left back.

Anyway we're linked with Tim Ream and Paul Konchesky today so they are aware and they are doing something about it, although I'm sure loads of people on here have seen loads of Ream and loads of Konchesky and think they're both sht and we're going to the dogs so I'll look forward to hearing about that.
I am getting a little concerned on 16:18 - Aug 4 with 2211 viewseghamranger

Wasn't at all concerned till I read about Tim Ream...😞

Would like to have Fredericks and Hall than him
I am getting a little concerned on 16:20 - Aug 4 with 2194 viewsNorthernr

I am getting a little concerned on 16:18 - Aug 4 by eghamranger

Wasn't at all concerned till I read about Tim Ream...😞

Would like to have Fredericks and Hall than him

You mean Bolton's POTY for the last two year's running Tim Ream?
I am getting a little concerned on 16:23 - Aug 4 with 2168 viewsbob566

I am getting a little concerned on 16:20 - Aug 4 by Northernr

high praise with bogdanovich there. Assumed it would have been him.
I am getting a little concerned on 16:25 - Aug 4 with 2156 viewsDorse

I am getting a little concerned on 15:58 - Aug 4 by vegasranger

Dave, Hill is way past it !! Kpekawa is central defender with almost no experience from one of the worst Rangers youth set up I have seen in 40 years. If w start with Faurlin and Luongo in front of them it could get ugly.

You're absolutely right

Dave Hill IS way past it!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I am getting a little concerned on 16:27 - Aug 4 with 2146 viewsDiscodroids

I am getting a little concerned on 16:25 - Aug 4 by Dorse

You're absolutely right

Dave Hill IS way past it!

i fancy a cup-a- soup !

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I am getting a little concerned on 16:59 - Aug 4 with 2078 viewsGetMeRangers

I am getting a little concerned on 16:20 - Aug 4 by Northernr

First offer snubbed...
http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-qpr-have-bid-for-bolton-star-rej
I am getting a little concerned on 17:03 - Aug 4 with 2068 viewsadhoc_qpr

I am getting a little concerned on 16:59 - Aug 4 by GetMeRangers

First offer snubbed...
http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-qpr-have-bid-for-bolton-star-rej

Not too surprising, especially as he only recently signed a new contract.

But let's hope their finances force a sale:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32138946
I am getting a little concerned on 17:08 - Aug 4 with 2049 viewsDiscodroids

I am getting a little concerned on 17:03 - Aug 4 by adhoc_qpr

Not too surprising, especially as he only recently signed a new contract.

But let's hope their finances force a sale:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32138946

offer them a 12 month loan and some spicy nik naks , that normally does the trick

I am getting a little concerned on 17:11 - Aug 4 with 2038 viewsadhoc_qpr

I am getting a little concerned on 17:08 - Aug 4 by Discodroids

offer them a 12 month loan and some spicy nik naks , that normally does the trick

Make that ribs n spicy and you have a deal!
I am getting a little concerned on 17:17 - Aug 4 with 2009 viewsjohnhoop

Surely we can't be surprised that they weren't interested in selling their POTY of the last 2 years for the derisory sum we offered. Ream sounds like he would be just the kind of player we need so why can't we make them an offer that they are likely to take seriously? For them it must have been like the piss taking offers we've had for Austin, who if Gayle is now valued at 10 million, must be worth at least 20.
I am getting a little concerned on 17:24 - Aug 4 with 1982 viewsGetMeRangers

No idea what Sir Les and CR game plan here is... Are they trying to fend off offers, in which case this sounds like a ridiculous statement to be making or making sure that the players have a good leaving price when they go?

I think if you look at someone like him who has had a world class season last year and to be in the England squad at his age, shows you how professional he is.

“If I'm at another club, I'm trying to get him. I'd imagine there'd be speculation about his future all through this year but he's a very good professional.”

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/qpr-desperate-keep-h
I am getting a little concerned on 17:34 - Aug 4 with 1941 viewsAntti_Heinola

I am getting a little concerned on 17:17 - Aug 4 by johnhoop

Surely we can't be surprised that they weren't interested in selling their POTY of the last 2 years for the derisory sum we offered. Ream sounds like he would be just the kind of player we need so why can't we make them an offer that they are likely to take seriously? For them it must have been like the piss taking offers we've had for Austin, who if Gayle is now valued at 10 million, must be worth at least 20.

Testing the waters with a club that is in dire financial need?

Bare bones.

I am getting a little concerned on 17:45 - Aug 4 with 1899 viewsrobith

Obviously what we need to do is pay whatever it takes while also getting an absolute bargain for a young hungry players from the lower leagues who also have years of championship experience.

We also now need defenders because while everyone thinks Caulker is terrible, he is also intrinsic to our defensive success
I am getting a little concerned on 17:51 - Aug 4 with 1882 viewsBasingstokeR

Buying Ream for around £2.5m, him getting player of the season twice and then Bolton selling him for £1m would seem like the kind of business we'd do ourselves.
I am getting a little concerned on 20:00 - Aug 4 with 1745 viewsBasingstokeR

Konchesky in now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024