Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ebola or Ebecilio? 13:41 - Aug 1 with 3201 viewsGetMeRangers

What is the 'QPR virus'? Collecting midfielders???? Players who prefer the sick bench to the subs bench???? More fun from Google translate

FC Twente seems Kyle Ebecilio before the start of the season to do by hand. The midfielder has fallen out of favor with coach Alfred Schreuder, which gives youth player preferred. Then Ebecilio can return to England.

The former youth player of Feyenoord moved to Arsenal, but in London, he could not break through. In his first season at Twente he does impress, leaving Queens Park Rangers him now would like to incorporate. Ebecilio Saturday was not on the training, he would be ill. According to TC / Tubantia however, he suffers from the 'QPR virus.

Lees verder: http://www.soccernews.nl/news/323664/FC_Twente_kan_middenvelder_kwijt_aan_Queens
Ebola or Ebecilio? on 13:43 - Aug 1 with 3186 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Ramsey is trying out a brand new formation 0-10-0
Ebola or Ebecilio? on 13:47 - Aug 1 with 3156 viewsTheBlob

Tombola

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 13:50 - Aug 1 with 3135 viewsGetMeRangers

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 13:43 - Aug 1 by Orthodox_Hoop

Ramsey is trying out a brand new formation 0-10-0

I did note that Perch said in his interview that he could also play midfield.
Ebola or Ebecilio? on 13:54 - Aug 1 with 3121 viewsGetMeRangers

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/football-wls-transfer-gossip-qpr
Ebola or Ebecilio? on 14:40 - Aug 1 with 3005 viewsJonDoeman

Got a good pedigree this fella.

It Is What It Is !!

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 14:53 - Aug 1 with 2965 viewsMatch82

Poor bstard. The qpr virus recently has been something good players catch when they arrive at the club and become shite. Caulker had a bad case. Charlie had immunity to it luckily.
Ebola or Ebecilio? on 15:13 - Aug 1 with 2919 viewsJonDoeman

Having read this, I don't think he's coming to QPR. I'm calling bullshit.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/04/25/kyle-ebecilio-was-released-by-arsenal-now-h

It Is What It Is !!

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 15:37 - Aug 1 with 2842 viewsIngham

I wonder whether we sign so many midfielders because we know at once whether a full-back, central defender or striker is rubbish or not.

The job description is so definite and players in those positions so directly involved in the moves that win or lose matches, that if the full-back gets skinned, the striker can't strike, the central defence folds, or the wide player can't get his crosses in, their failure, and the failure of the people responsible for signing them, can't be explained away.

But a midfielder, especially of the kind we get, nondescript, can bury his shortcomings in the clutter in the middle of the park, and as we have found, few midfielders at THIS level really have a definite job description at all. UNLESS they are particularly good. If the midfield fails to perform, it is easy to pass the buck to the manager, whose formation is held responsible.

So the shortcomings of not a few players can be safely buried beneath work-rate (poor positional sense), hopeful punts forward (can't pass), clumsy late tackles, or just general foot-waving and shirt-pulling, while attention is focused at the sharp end.

A mistimed tackle in the box or a miscued shot in front of goal sticks in the mind. But there is usually a second bite for the midfield, especially defensively, where there are usually plenty of other players to take the rap between them and either goal.

And it is easier to kid ourselves that a guy who just tries fairly hard in the midfield might do a job, than if he is required to snap up what may be very rare opportunities in front of goal, or make interceptions in front of our goal where there is little or no margin of error.

And, no doubt for the same reason, players in key positions with real ability are correspondingly harder to sign. Guys who have been circulating for years from club to club without ever making an impact may still have the aura of a player with 'potential'. Hard working, busy, committed, bustling, the language that applies to midfielders suggests that they might be promising without specifying how.

While a bustling goalkeeper or goalscorer is nothing. Their job involves specific and measurable skills.
Login to get fewer ads

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 16:52 - Aug 1 with 2710 viewsDiscodroids

have they gone insane?.

another midfielder?.. there must be 20 midfielders/wingers/number 10's on the books as it is.

BASKET CASE
[Post edited 1 Aug 2015 16:56]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 16:54 - Aug 1 with 2706 viewsTheBlob

It's a typo.We're signing Imbecilio.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 17:07 - Aug 1 with 2683 viewsThGrimRanger

just seen a rumour that we're going to sign twenty midfielders (to add to the twenty that we already have no doubt)

TheGrimRanger

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 18:37 - Aug 1 with 2547 views08olesen

To be fair a CDM isnt a bad shout. With Ale and Sandros injury problems, it leaves us with Luongo, Diakite and Doughty. In a long championship season a young talented CDM on the cheap would not be bad. I would still rather Ramsey sorted the back out first though.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 18:54 - Aug 1 with 2516 viewsTacticalR

Some of my best friends are midfielders.

Air hostess clique

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 19:29 - Aug 1 with 2460 viewsBklynRanger

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 18:37 - Aug 1 by 08olesen

To be fair a CDM isnt a bad shout. With Ale and Sandros injury problems, it leaves us with Luongo, Diakite and Doughty. In a long championship season a young talented CDM on the cheap would not be bad. I would still rather Ramsey sorted the back out first though.

Agreed. There's Henry too of course, but I think they'll try to get rid of Sandro who must be on a fortune, and Diakite is too unpredictable to even factor into the equation.

So that's Luongo, Doughty, Ale and Henry - one of whom is coming back from the dead and the other (Henry) who is injured. And a couple of younger ones like Sutherland.

The question is if this Ebola fella really is a CM or CDM rather than an AM - we've got enough AMs.
Ebola or Ebecilio? on 21:30 - Aug 1 with 2353 viewsrsonist

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/3vizztjwj06nrpasb3o3vw/Show/Player-Focus-Kyle-

Profile from early last season. Sounds promising.

"Ebecilio has the world as his oyster. He is, simply put, a good old-fashioned, robust box-to-box midfielder [...] impeccable tackling (1.6 per game) or good positional sense (2.0 interceptions per game) — but with more flexibility, and he makes his now trademark runs from deep. His passing (1.1 accurate long balls and 34.4 passes per game with a success rate of 87.6%) makes him comfortable circulating the ball and is probably his strongest asset. However, the engine he possesses enables him to cover ground quickly, while his mobility and movement across the pitch is one of his more underrated traits, and it is especially useful in the pressing game Schreuder wants Twente to play."
Ebola or Ebecilio? on 00:12 - Aug 2 with 2241 viewsGetMeRangers

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 21:30 - Aug 1 by rsonist

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/3vizztjwj06nrpasb3o3vw/Show/Player-Focus-Kyle-

Profile from early last season. Sounds promising.

"Ebecilio has the world as his oyster. He is, simply put, a good old-fashioned, robust box-to-box midfielder [...] impeccable tackling (1.6 per game) or good positional sense (2.0 interceptions per game) — but with more flexibility, and he makes his now trademark runs from deep. His passing (1.1 accurate long balls and 34.4 passes per game with a success rate of 87.6%) makes him comfortable circulating the ball and is probably his strongest asset. However, the engine he possesses enables him to cover ground quickly, while his mobility and movement across the pitch is one of his more underrated traits, and it is especially useful in the pressing game Schreuder wants Twente to play."

I like the sound of him. from that. Another article earlier in July hinted that he was a target of Southampton
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 0:14]
Ebola or Ebecilio? on 18:23 - Aug 2 with 2081 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 18:36 - Aug 2 with 2055 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 18:38 - Aug 2 with 2047 viewsJonDoeman

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 15:13 - Aug 1 by JonDoeman

Having read this, I don't think he's coming to QPR. I'm calling bullshit.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/04/25/kyle-ebecilio-was-released-by-arsenal-now-h

Sounds like a good signing if true, I thought he sounded too good for the championship, but then again so did Chery.

It Is What It Is !!

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 18:59 - Aug 2 with 2004 viewsGetMeRangers

Ebola or Ebecilio? on 18:23 - Aug 2 by JonDoeman

I arrived late and he was following a couple with their kid in to the SA entrance seats. Didnt hear what he said to the stewards but they directed him to the main entrance

Could be a great signing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024