Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Virgin media (again) 14:14 - Aug 1 with 3121 viewsStanisgod

Just had a letter raising it ANOTHER 3. quid!
Best thing they are GIVING me bt euro sport or something, no your f#cking not you crooks your charging me 3 quid.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Virgin media (again) on 14:29 - Aug 1 with 3093 viewsHayesender

I've been cut off three times in the last month because I refuse to pay a £20 installation fee for an upgraded wifi box thingy.

Firstly I was never told about the fee, and secondly I had to install it myself.

Three times I've had the same conversation with them, and three times they've agreed to wave the fee, only for me to be cut off again as there is an outstanding fee of £20.

No there isn't you thieving cnts

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Virgin media (again) on 16:32 - Aug 1 with 2940 viewsSimonJames

I got the £3 price hike. Not pleased.
But on the upside, every time there's an interruption to my service (like yesterday's Tivo box national wipeout) I simply ring up and get them to credit me for loss of service (even when I wasn't planning to watch it anyway). I reckon I claw back at least £3 per month.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Virgin media (again) on 16:48 - Aug 1 with 2899 viewswelwynranger

Virgin media (again) on 16:32 - Aug 1 by SimonJames

I got the £3 price hike. Not pleased.
But on the upside, every time there's an interruption to my service (like yesterday's Tivo box national wipeout) I simply ring up and get them to credit me for loss of service (even when I wasn't planning to watch it anyway). I reckon I claw back at least £3 per month.

Yep got the letter yesterday . Had no TV for 4 hours yesterday . Good innit
Virgin media (again) on 17:01 - Aug 1 with 2879 viewsSimonJames

Virgin media (again) on 16:48 - Aug 1 by welwynranger

Yep got the letter yesterday . Had no TV for 4 hours yesterday . Good innit

Still not getting ours back until about 20:30 tonight apparently... so even more credit coming my way for loss of service that I wouldn't be watching until at least 21:00.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Virgin media (again) on 17:05 - Aug 1 with 2865 viewsYorkRanger

Letter from BT yesterday. Free coverage continues if you trade down to BT Sport Lite, but £5 per month if you want the Champions League etc....
Virgin media (again) on 17:26 - Aug 1 with 2828 viewsjohncharles

Virgin need to increase their prices to pay for the torrents of A4 glossy, colour brochures that they put through my door.
Which I put in the bin.

Strong and stable my arse.

Virgin media (again) on 17:27 - Aug 1 with 2828 viewsAndyB

Virgin media (again) on 17:05 - Aug 1 by YorkRanger

Letter from BT yesterday. Free coverage continues if you trade down to BT Sport Lite, but £5 per month if you want the Champions League etc....

Careful with the Bt sport "downgrade".
If you are out of contract - even this will take out a new broandband contract over another 12 months.
Something they omitted to tell me until I queried it during negotiations.
Im out of contract and was being asked to pay an additional £5 for sport. Actually, its another £11.75 as they will now add £6.75 if you are out of contract.

To downgrade to btsport lite 5 you will need to extend contract by 12 months, or pay extra £6.75.
So one way or another, you pay for this unless you cancel sport altogether.

My question is, allowing other providers to bid for rights was meant to be good for the customer due competition. All that happens is that the winning provider has to bid more and more and has to pass that onto the subscribers. So we pay more for the same.
Competition only works for the Premier league and Uefa (and the players and agents of course) - the fans are always stuffed from behind, sideways.
Virgin media (again) on 17:55 - Aug 1 with 2763 viewsenfieldargh

my son just got virgin in his flat(couldn't get sky installed because of trees).

Bunch of fecking cheats and liars.

Got broadband, phone, family package with BT spots plus an extra box for £40.00/moth first 12 months rising to £55.00 for remaining 6 month and free installation/connection..

All signed up .

They then only tuned up with one box and tried to charge me for a 2nd installation.

Eventually got all as agreed after loads of phone calls.l

This was 3 weeks ago, now they put it up £3.00!!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Virgin media (again) on 22:01 - Aug 18 with 1762 viewsMarc

Another price increase coming in November.
Virgin media (again) on 22:16 - Aug 18 with 1731 viewsizlingtonhoop

Yep it's annoying, but

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/heartbreaking-image-of-boy-in-ambulance-cov

Yes. I'm a Virgin customer too.

We can just cancel it...
[Post edited 18 Aug 2016 22:21]
Virgin media (again) on 23:04 - Aug 18 with 1656 viewsTripper

Great deal if you want to move to Sky.

https://promotioncode.sky.com/campaigns/70boxsets12MHP?DCMP=afc-726842&affiliate
Virgin media (again) on 09:08 - Aug 19 with 1465 viewsjohncharles

Virgin media (again) on 23:04 - Aug 18 by Tripper

https://promotioncode.sky.com/campaigns/70boxsets12MHP?DCMP=afc-726842&affiliate

They're great these promotional deals
I've priced my old bike at £500 but with the new promotional deal you can have it for £25.
You'll be "saving" a fantastic £475 !!!!!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2016 10:57]

Strong and stable my arse.

Virgin media (again) on 09:30 - Aug 19 with 1443 viewsLblock

Virgin media (again) on 23:04 - Aug 18 by Tripper

So my plan on this one is....

Got code in my wife's name (she took everything else off of me apart from my surname)
Will be ringing up to cancel unless they take a machete to my average monthly bill of £128.00 for the full channel package, broadband and phone.
Assuming they don't then I'll get disconnected
New customer deal in wife's name, DD from her account and significant saving bagged

Well that's the plan

To think I worked on their campus for two and a half years and saw the workings of the machine from the inside. Yet still I think their product is unrivalled but hate the swines.
The turnover and profit they make is obscene.

Hope my plan above works

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Virgin media (again) on 09:49 - Aug 19 with 1430 views1MoreBrightonR

i got fed up of Virgin doing this so left them and wont go back now, whatever the offer is. They seem to do this way more than anyone else.
Virgin media (again) on 10:00 - Aug 19 with 1413 viewsaston_hoop

Surely its now customary here to mention these guys when discussing Virgin Media

http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/11/virgin-media-ann-and-ron-hayward-refuse-to-pay-bil

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Virgin media (again) on 10:10 - Aug 19 with 1396 viewsBlackCrowe

This is very easy to solve.

I had a £3 increase letter 5 months ago from Virgin. Rang them to say i wanted to cancel my subs as result so they immediately put me on a special offer tariff for 6 months which is £10 per month cheaper than i'm currently paying. Works every time....squeaky wheel gets the oil etc etc

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Virgin media (again) on 11:21 - Aug 19 with 1322 viewsToast_R

Has anyone with an EE mobile managed to get the BT Sport app to work yet?

I had issues with mine but after a long 30 minute call to India and much waiting and f*cking about, it now works by some miracle.

It's alright to be fair, I can Mirror my mobile to my TV - the quiality isnt HD or nout in standard but it's pretty watchable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024