Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember this time last year ... 03:17 - Aug 2 with 3424 viewsDylanP

… when we were imagining the possibility that the French bloke would stay (forgot his name, the scumbag!).

Now here we are, imagining the possibility of starting the season with Austin and Phillips. If we kept those two, we would have to be fancied to go straight back up. A team of Green, Perch, Chief, Darnel, Yun, Fer, Cherry, Gladwin/Ale, Phillips, JET, and Austin would be pretty promising in the Championship. Plus, a bunch of firepower on the bench.

Of course, I know its just a mirage, but a sweet thought nonetheless.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Remember this time last year ... on 03:43 - Aug 2 with 3412 viewsFredManRave

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Remember this time last year ... on 03:46 - Aug 2 with 3402 viewsgeorgiosfs

It's part of realising that TF now has people that say no to him and don't piss in his pocket as all the half decent players who performed for us last season will be snapped up.

I trust that Les and Chris already know this and are planning on life without these players.
Remember this time last year ... on 09:16 - Aug 2 with 3197 viewsGetMeRangers

Remember this time last year ... on 03:46 - Aug 2 by georgiosfs

It's part of realising that TF now has people that say no to him and don't piss in his pocket as all the half decent players who performed for us last season will be snapped up.

I trust that Les and Chris already know this and are planning on life without these players.

Trying to plan. If one thing is certain, they are sticking closely to a playing budget. Ie players cant come in unless others are sold.

He said in the interview last week that the starting XI today should be close to that next Saturday, with the caveat that players may leave or be brought in by then. Certainly would be interesting to see who he picks.
Remember this time last year ... on 10:21 - Aug 2 with 3088 viewsDiscodroids

has any team ever gone through a championship season unbeaten and kept a clean sheet in every game ?.

i fully expect to see association football being played so beautifully, so taut with emotion by karl henry and co l , that bach's cello number 3 will seem like a skrewdriver gig.

it could very well be that one of us, here posting on LFW this very morning, will die of a broken heart this season, so hauntingly beautiful is polters deft touch and ned's finesse with the ball at his feet.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Remember this time last year ... on 10:34 - Aug 2 with 3076 viewsgeorgiosfs

Remember this time last year ... on 09:16 - Aug 2 by GetMeRangers

Trying to plan. If one thing is certain, they are sticking closely to a playing budget. Ie players cant come in unless others are sold.

He said in the interview last week that the starting XI today should be close to that next Saturday, with the caveat that players may leave or be brought in by then. Certainly would be interesting to see who he picks.

It brings a realisation to us fans and the club.

The rusted old fans pre 2005 who would get excited when we signed the likes Armel Tchakounte, Doudou and Stefan Moore and whilst we haven't gone that bad I'm excited about our frugal nature these days I admire the challenge put to our coaching team as it's the only way to go.

Today, some players will come on the cheap and succeed like Dan Shittu, Tony Thorpe and Paul Furlong, most probably won't but this is QPR and until we built a proper set up behind the scenes with regards to a youth set up and a training base we shouldn't try and act like one of the big boys (or medium sized either)
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 13:39]
Remember this time last year ... on 10:37 - Aug 2 with 3059 viewsGetMeRangers

Remember this time last year ... on 10:34 - Aug 2 by georgiosfs

It brings a realisation to us fans and the club.

The rusted old fans pre 2005 who would get excited when we signed the likes Armel Tchakounte, Doudou and Stefan Moore and whilst we haven't gone that bad I'm excited about our frugal nature these days I admire the challenge put to our coaching team as it's the only way to go.

Today, some players will come on the cheap and succeed like Dan Shittu, Tony Thorpe and Paul Furlong, most probably won't but this is QPR and until we built a proper set up behind the scenes with regards to a youth set up and a training base we shouldn't try and act like one of the big boys (or medium sized either)
[Post edited 2 Aug 2015 13:39]

... base we should try and act like one of the big boys (or medium sized either)
Should or shouldnt?
Remember this time last year ... on 13:37 - Aug 2 with 2925 viewsgeorgiosfs

Remember this time last year ... on 10:37 - Aug 2 by GetMeRangers

... base we should try and act like one of the big boys (or medium sized either)
Should or shouldnt?

Shouldn't!!

Sorry, fat fingers and a iPad equates to shitty typing.
Remember this time last year ... on 13:44 - Aug 2 with 2900 viewsSomersetHoops

Remember this time last year ... on 10:21 - Aug 2 by Discodroids

has any team ever gone through a championship season unbeaten and kept a clean sheet in every game ?.

i fully expect to see association football being played so beautifully, so taut with emotion by karl henry and co l , that bach's cello number 3 will seem like a skrewdriver gig.

it could very well be that one of us, here posting on LFW this very morning, will die of a broken heart this season, so hauntingly beautiful is polters deft touch and ned's finesse with the ball at his feet.

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

Who's Next?

Login to get fewer ads

Remember this time last year ... on 15:17 - Aug 12 with 2587 viewsDylanP

So we started the season with Charlie, Phillips, and Fer (albeit, not in the actual team) and things didn't exactly go as I would have hoped (or dreamed). Ah well. That's why they play the games, I guess.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Remember this time last year ... on 15:35 - Aug 12 with 2541 viewskingsburyR

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Remember this time last year ... on 16:12 - Aug 12 with 2508 viewsWokingR

I was under the impression that there was only ever one knob stupid enough to imagine he might stay and that was Redknapp !
Remember this time last year ... on 16:39 - Aug 12 with 2468 viewsadhoc_qpr

Only TF and Redknapp thought he would stay (and 'Arry probably didn't really)!

I wonder if signing Borini on deadline day would have made a big difference?

I quite like him but he's another no 10/wide forward type and we weren't exactly short of those!

I hope we have 3 or 4 realistic and available names on a list to replace for Austin and Phillips that we can get in pretty quickly after they have gone.

Austin i'm 100% certain will leave, Phillips only 60% due to likely suitors having already bought players in his position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024