Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred 08:56 - Aug 10 with 31218 viewsDorse

Since they're in my neck of the woods, thought I'd kick this one off.

Travel advice: if you're taking the train, expect delays as locals surround the station carrying pitchforks and flaming torches shouting 'Kill it! Kill the metal snake!'

Tickets still available for three groats and a chicken.

Local hostelries are famous for Scruttocks' Old Derigible scrumpy but avoid it if you don't like drinks served with bits of beak and feathers in it. Turnip on a stick can be bought at half time.

(To be fair, where I live has only just enountered Christian missionaries. We look up to Yeovil with their fancy electricity and running water.)

'Welcome to Yeovil!'
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 9:00]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 09:10 - Aug 10 with 11358 viewskingsburyR

I salute any of you going.

Long way for an early cup exit!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 10:01 - Aug 10 with 11207 viewsbatmanhoop

as someone who now lives on the Dorset/Devon border, Dorse description of the locals being like those from the Wicker Man, are eerily accurate
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 10:24 - Aug 10 with 11067 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Ageest hulve dimmet QPR cockleert daggle.*

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 10:26 - Aug 10 with 11057 viewsfrancisbowles

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 09:10 - Aug 10 by kingsburyR

I salute any of you going.

Long way for an early cup exit!

i'm going, hoping for an exciting cup tie and a battling , hopefully winning performance.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 10:28 - Aug 10 with 11054 viewsBlackandGoldR

I hope Ramsey plays a strong team for this, these players need match time and this is a good opportunity for this. We will probably lose but its all about match fitness after our poor pre-season.
Give Polter some time up top too, would hope to see a team such as:
Green
(R) Perch Chief Hall Konchesky (L)
Henry Luongo/Faurlin
Phillips Chery Mackie (Gladwin if fit)
Polter
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 11:17 - Aug 10 with 10928 viewsGetMeRangers

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 10:28 - Aug 10 by BlackandGoldR

I hope Ramsey plays a strong team for this, these players need match time and this is a good opportunity for this. We will probably lose but its all about match fitness after our poor pre-season.
Give Polter some time up top too, would hope to see a team such as:
Green
(R) Perch Chief Hall Konchesky (L)
Henry Luongo/Faurlin
Phillips Chery Mackie (Gladwin if fit)
Polter

Would be great to see that team out. Think he may start JET instead of Philips though. If gladwin is fit, I would drop Henry and put BG there. Or massimo and Faurlin together. As Henry has had no preseason, I guess he will start

Not sure he has an awful lot of other choices given the injuries at the moment. Perhaps Furlong instead of Perch?
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 11:37 - Aug 10 with 10888 viewsfrancisbowles

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 11:17 - Aug 10 by GetMeRangers

Would be great to see that team out. Think he may start JET instead of Philips though. If gladwin is fit, I would drop Henry and put BG there. Or massimo and Faurlin together. As Henry has had no preseason, I guess he will start

Not sure he has an awful lot of other choices given the injuries at the moment. Perhaps Furlong instead of Perch?

With the full backs both signing late, and the 'first choice' back four having had little time to train together, I think he should keep it the same.

I don't know if we should be risking Mackie in this one as he had a hard game on Saturday.

Maybe start with Austin and Poulter up front and a midfield diamond with Henry, Luongo, Faurlin and JET.

Lumley in goal but maybe Green needs the practice!
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 11:44 - Aug 10 with 10853 viewsToast_R

Not having this defeatist attitude towards this game.
In the past, Warnock, Redknapp have been charged with one thing and one thing only, get the club up as a priority or stay in the Premier League. Cups were an inconvenience.
Hughes was the only manager in recent times not charged with this and he actually took it serious before getting done by Reading in a game he desperately tried to win (it was there that night you could see the wheels were not all tightened).

From what you can take from various rumours and snippets this summer, is that Promotion isn't the the first priority this season and that consolidation and re-building is. Therefore I do not expect Ramsey to blow this competition out and really, he should be looking to get any kind of win under his belt ASAP.

I think QPR will win this one comfortably...
[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 11:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 11:53 - Aug 10 with 10841 viewsDorse

I like the look of their back four.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 12:06 - Aug 10 with 10822 viewsadhoc_qpr

We've got to play the first team here - they need the match practice and i can't see why a 'cup run' of 3 games max will be a big issue.

I'd bring in Poulter to start, Faurlin for Henry and maybe Gladwin if he's recovered from his knock for Phillips (move Mackie left).

Beat Yeovil, get a bit fitter and a bit more coherant and get some positive momentum.

The alternative is field a weaker team, lose yet another cup tie to lower league oppo and build up the pressure on Ramsey needlessly.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 12:14 - Aug 10 with 10816 viewsDorse

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 12:06 - Aug 10 by adhoc_qpr

We've got to play the first team here - they need the match practice and i can't see why a 'cup run' of 3 games max will be a big issue.

I'd bring in Poulter to start, Faurlin for Henry and maybe Gladwin if he's recovered from his knock for Phillips (move Mackie left).

Beat Yeovil, get a bit fitter and a bit more coherant and get some positive momentum.

The alternative is field a weaker team, lose yet another cup tie to lower league oppo and build up the pressure on Ramsey needlessly.

Spot on ad hoc.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 13:22 - Aug 10 with 10769 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Would be nice to see a Cup Run but we never win so a 2-1 loss, a SpiritOfGregory meltdown and a hungover Wednesday is looking likely

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 13:36 - Aug 10 with 10749 viewsBlackandGoldR

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 11:37 - Aug 10 by francisbowles

With the full backs both signing late, and the 'first choice' back four having had little time to train together, I think he should keep it the same.

I don't know if we should be risking Mackie in this one as he had a hard game on Saturday.

Maybe start with Austin and Poulter up front and a midfield diamond with Henry, Luongo, Faurlin and JET.

Lumley in goal but maybe Green needs the practice!

I think the back 4 need time to gel so would keep it the same bar Hill as he can't be expect to play twice a week every week.
Agree about mackie actually but you know he will give it 100% whatever the oppo whenever and wherever he plays.
JET does need some game time as does Henry, Ive kept Green in for practice, Lumley must know he is a bench warmer unless called upon. If Greeno had been at his best on Saturday I would rest him, but he wasn't.
Would rest Austin all together as he may not be around much longer/he still wont be fit enough to start.
Would have a bench full of younger lads, Grego-Cox, Blackwood, Furlong etc.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 16:24 - Aug 10 with 10670 viewsfrancisbowles

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 13:36 - Aug 10 by BlackandGoldR

I think the back 4 need time to gel so would keep it the same bar Hill as he can't be expect to play twice a week every week.
Agree about mackie actually but you know he will give it 100% whatever the oppo whenever and wherever he plays.
JET does need some game time as does Henry, Ive kept Green in for practice, Lumley must know he is a bench warmer unless called upon. If Greeno had been at his best on Saturday I would rest him, but he wasn't.
Would rest Austin all together as he may not be around much longer/he still wont be fit enough to start.
Would have a bench full of younger lads, Grego-Cox, Blackwood, Furlong etc.

Apart from Austin, I agree with you but who else plays in Hills place without altering the positions of the other three? I would have Phillips on the bench though, hopefully he can come on and get his confidence going against tired league 2 defenders.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 16:31 - Aug 10 with 10647 viewsJAPRANGERS

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 11:53 - Aug 10 by Dorse

I like the look of their back four.

ooh aah, just felt a twitching in the ol' loins.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 07:49 - Aug 11 with 10497 viewsDorse

Feeling positive about tonight. Prepare to dust off the Winaway Song.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 08:09 - Aug 11 with 10483 viewsBlackandGoldR

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 16:24 - Aug 10 by francisbowles

Apart from Austin, I agree with you but who else plays in Hills place without altering the positions of the other three? I would have Phillips on the bench though, hopefully he can come on and get his confidence going against tired league 2 defenders.

I would play Hall there, by all accounts he looked good in the 45 mins he has played for us and he needs some match time.
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 13:03 - Aug 11 with 10405 views18StoneOfHoop

Hope springs eternal..

This time more than any other time..

Strong team out,start to gel and run out eventually a 3-1 Hoops romp..
COME ON YOU RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 14:32 - Aug 11 with 10359 viewsDorse

To get you in the mood...

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 18:18 - Aug 11 with 10290 viewsElHoop

2 match threads?
Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 18:23 - Aug 11 with 10272 viewsDorse

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 18:18 - Aug 11 by ElHoop

2 match threads?

One is for SoG.

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 18:48 - Aug 11 with 10227 viewsaston_hoop

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 18:23 - Aug 11 by Dorse

One is for SoG.

7 Changes. Forgot we'd signed Gobern and that was only last week

[Post edited 11 Aug 2015 18:51]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 19:01 - Aug 11 with 10126 viewsJigsore

As long as Hall or Kpekwa don't sh*t the bed we've actually got a decent chance of winning tonight

jinxed it now

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 19:03 - Aug 11 with 10109 viewsGloucs_R

Good to see Blackwood on the bench

Poll: Are we staying up?

Oo-Arr Oo-Arr-Ay, It's Yeovil Away: Match Fred on 19:04 - Aug 11 with 10089 viewssimmo

No Mackie? Not a problem if he's starting Saturday but he's the kind of person you'd want in these kind of games! Disappointed no Faurlin, really would have liked to see him get some minutes, although the pitch might have something to do with that.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024