Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser 09:41 - Aug 14 with 2642 viewsNorthernr

Mr Happy will be along shortly to tell us how we're going to pis all over Cardiff, and indeed the rest of the division, because we are QPR and everybody else is shitter than piss. Featuring Jay Emmanuel-Thomas on the flute.

Walks in to a trumpet fanfare. Climbs onto the table and makes a 'come on then' gesture with both hands while sticking his chin out. Takes his seat and says "fcking bring it". Ian Taylor provides a cup of tea. We're underway.

Jamie Mackie out with a groin strain. Fentastic.

They've got some good players, like any game it's going to be tough, I hope it's enjoyable.

Lessons to be learnt from what's happened at Cardiff. Big club, good players, good management, little boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, they've found it tough.

It will take the same resilience we showed a couple of years ago to get up. We want to make the club stable, stable stability in the club. We want a platform to move on from in years to come.

Charlie is available. Slight tweek against Charlton (bullsht meter) but he's available. No firm offers. He's a QPR player and he'll be doing his best to get his goalscoring tally back up. There was mention of offering him a new contract, I don't get involved in that. We want to focus on sustainability at the club with the players that are here. Things usually happen last minute in the window, most clubs are looking at players and thinking they may not be here. Can't see how things are going to pan out, I just hope he's on form in the game tomorrow. Generally his mindset has been good, naive to think a young man won't have things on his mind. Unfortunate to pick up a niggle last week and we're working hard to get him out there tomorrow.

Sky weapon picking away at the suggestion he has a release clause. Ramsey says we're looking for a firm offer at the asking price.

Leroy Fer coming on well. he's a big miss, good player, attitude around the place is fentastic. Got the bit between his teeth to prove people wrong about his injury and his form. He wants to be in the national team at the end of the year. The QPR fans are behind him and he wants to repay them for that. Happy with how he's been around the place. I expect him to stay beyond the window. The medical issue was unforeseen. He's given us his word that he's fully committed to the club and wants to help us climb the table.

Opportunity for him to show his resilience, and whether he can help the young players become good players themselves. needs to show where he's at and show some leadership.

In negotiations for Tim Ream. Target we're looking at. There are other targets. We're not putting all the eggs in one basket, the season has started, it's an urgent situation, we're looking around so if one situation doesn't go in our favour...

We haven't got fortunes to spend. Two or three more. Been very pleased with the way the young players have responded, Doughty and Kpekawa in particular, may end up saving us a few quid, they're performing at a level to be in the squad.

No offer for Dwight Gayle, don't know if it's realistic, £6m was quoted and we're not in that field. Any club in the Championship would like to have him.

Not expecting to lose Rob Green. He could play for literally any team in the country. professionalism for young players to behold. man City, Arsenal, Liverpool he could play for any of them

Sandro return is imminent. Expecting him back shortly. We're in contact. Sent me a voice message that other day saying he's been training (bloody good on the quadbikes now).

The way we played against Charlton I was shocked we didn't come away with something. When we had our spells we weren't clinical enough. They were. The win at Yeovil was important. We had nine debutants, they got a feel for the club and the travelling fans, they performed very professionally.

Mindful that we need to start giving the fans something to cheer about. They've been very patient and we want to repay that with good performances and victories.

Tyler Blackwood a young lad, went the education route, did very well in the US, came on trial, we gave him a very very small contract to see if he's able to play with the professionals. Work rate and appetite has been phenomenal, we're very pleased with what we've seen. We'll keep him around the squad for a while and then perhaps send him on loan. Educated boy. Loves his mum.

That's the market we're in, has to be sustained over time, the quality of player we bring in has to add stability over the next 5 or 10 years. Once we start bedding in the players and making sure we get points under our belt the confidence will lift around the club.

People's champion Wally Downes raises the Loic Remy situation. You have to try and anticipate it and have succession planning in place to make sure you're not caught light.

No further offers for Matt Phillips and frankly I'm quite happy about that.

Still negotiating over Bentley. Fine keeper who everybody is talking about, still in a negotiation phase.

The reason we have Les is to take all that away from me. He's dealing with all that. As far as I'm aware, we haven't got a vast war chest, I'm prepared to work within that. Les has recruited well, we will gel them together over the next few weeks and start picking up points.

The players have been available, but we're not going to sell them under value. We allowed Caulker to go, we allowed Leroy to go for a medical, no firm offer for Rob, Matt and Charlie there have been offers but not enough.

On West Ham and Jesus Barton... Important for the fans to have an input, but the manager wants to pick a team. My experience, Joey has had a lot of press and thoughts about him from when he was a young boy. people change (from being a complete cnt into just a bit of a twt) and Joey has matured. Some of the things said about him are unfair and look at him six or seven years ago. The dealings I had with him he was respectful, trained well, gave 100% on the field. I can have an argument, we've both got strong opinions, there was no pandering, but he always showed respect.

Oh and he's gone. JET took the wrong plug out looking for a socket for his dry ice machine.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 09:42 - Aug 14 with 2638 viewsadhoc_qpr

I picture JET as more of a saxophonist...
Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 09:46 - Aug 14 with 2627 viewsaston_hoop

Bring it on...

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:11 - Aug 14 with 2490 viewsderbyhoop

I thought the press conference was going to clash with his stand up routine at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:15 - Aug 14 with 2425 viewsGetMeRangers

What is it with cutting these things short. AccessAllRs was a similar nightmare yesterday with problems with mics. This isnt rocket science!

The anti brigade wont enjoy that. Plenty of sticks to poke with, especially the idea that these players will take time to gel and then the points will, he hopes, start to come.

Better than last week's presser... all 4.32 of it
Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:21 - Aug 14 with 2402 viewsadhoc_qpr

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:15 - Aug 14 by GetMeRangers

What is it with cutting these things short. AccessAllRs was a similar nightmare yesterday with problems with mics. This isnt rocket science!

The anti brigade wont enjoy that. Plenty of sticks to poke with, especially the idea that these players will take time to gel and then the points will, he hopes, start to come.

Better than last week's presser... all 4.32 of it

The 'time to gel' phrase is a real bugbear of mine, reminds me of the Mark Hughes era and claims it would all come good after 10 games (spoiler - it didn't!).

However, Ramsey is talking about victories and things to cheer about so we'll hold off the lynch mob for one more weekend at least...
Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:41 - Aug 14 with 2334 viewsjohnhoop

Love Clive's concise 12 word summary of Barton's metamorphosis-at least I'm assuming that bit is down to him and not CR!
Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:46 - Aug 14 with 2305 viewsPhildo

does Sandros training involve running at Lorries and trying to jump on board in Calais?
Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:51 - Aug 14 with 2279 viewsLblock

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:21 - Aug 14 by adhoc_qpr

The 'time to gel' phrase is a real bugbear of mine, reminds me of the Mark Hughes era and claims it would all come good after 10 games (spoiler - it didn't!).

However, Ramsey is talking about victories and things to cheer about so we'll hold off the lynch mob for one more weekend at least...

Singing from same sheet as me mate

That "gel" word is complete bollix.
I take it as shorthand for "we've got an unbalanced squad and we're asking players to play in positions they dont like plus they're a bunch of egotistical kuntz"

But that's just my take on it

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:55 - Aug 14 with 2262 viewsGetMeRangers

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:21 - Aug 14 by adhoc_qpr

Yet, realistically, unless a squad is relatively unchanged from a season before, then this will be the case for many teams. It is difficult to have a settled squad, especially with speculation over a number of our players, until the window is shut.

Not only does he have a huge turnover to contend with, he is attempting to change the way we play and blood some of our youngsters. We are bringing in players with less experience, too.

Whatever the result on Saturday, I am enjoying what I am seeing develop on the pitch and a return of exciting football, even if it means we will have to suffer defeats.

As mentioned on the podcast, if we are happy with mid table at the end of the season then that means only something like 13 wins... ie we will only win about one third of our games. Cant see many being ecstatic with that. Competing well in every game with players giving their all will help, but the knives will be out all season.

Like Neil Si, this season is grabbing my interest far more than for a long time.

I think we will lose on Saturday, but I won't let that get in the way of a great day out. My three sons at LR, with youngest having his first visit. I will take them early so they can see the players as they arrive and we will discover whether Polter calls himself Seb or Sebastian. What is there not to like? At the end of the evening, all I will be asked, incessantly, is when are we going to see QPR again
Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:59 - Aug 14 with 2249 viewsMytch_QPR

I'm very reassured by the fact that CR has noticed that the season has started. It's this that has convinced me he is the right man for the job.

I suspect that buying players like Bentley may be subject to who we sell, so could be a deadline (Sky w*nkfest) day job.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 11:04 - Aug 14 with 2225 viewsNorthernr

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:59 - Aug 14 by Mytch_QPR

I'm very reassured by the fact that CR has noticed that the season has started. It's this that has convinced me he is the right man for the job.

I suspect that buying players like Bentley may be subject to who we sell, so could be a deadline (Sky w*nkfest) day job.

A lot of it is due to this FFP stuff. We're in negotiations with the league, we have to be showing some willing. That's why he made the point about letting Caulker and Fer go, we have to be seen to be reducing the cash. And of course the new CEO is here on a remit to make the club sustainable.
Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 11:05 - Aug 14 with 2216 viewssimmo

Gutted to not be seeing Mackie on Saturday - I bet he is too, first game back in front of the home fans, etc... Be a big loss and hope it's not too serious.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 11:09 - Aug 14 with 2190 viewsSomersetHoops

At least long enough to give Clive something to get his journalistic teeth into. The summary of Barton was class. Rameses 1 seems to think Green is staying, but according to at least one report Green himself expects to be at West Ham by the end of the window.

Who's Next?

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 11:11 - Aug 14 with 2179 viewsQPunkR

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 10:46 - Aug 14 by Phildo

does Sandros training involve running at Lorries and trying to jump on board in Calais?

QPR - "shit but local"

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 13:44 - Aug 14 with 1912 views18StoneOfHoop

Some thoughts on Our Northern Dear Leaders psychological observations about our Coach.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Some might have thought that our humble meek thoughtful coach Chris R had something more in common with Gerry Francis rather than a belligerent show-off tosser type a personality such as Joey Bad Scouse. The main reason being a total inability to look any interlocuter in the eye for 90% of the time of any given conversation. A classic obvious body language tell sign of the introverted shy individual.
Those mystical 'some' were oh so wrong.

Gung-ho hard-drinking braggadocio Rambo Rameses is ready to leap on a table at the drop of an Ian J Tayor fart and offer Maureenio and Terry out before you can breathlessly shout Django!

He is no timid diffident mild-mannered Forrest Gump,he is all Ray Gardener with a raging hard-on and a thirst to smash Jose's face in.

"Walks in to a trumpet fanfare. Climbs onto the table and makes a 'come on then' gesture with both hands while sticking his chin out. Takes his seat and says "fcking bring it""

[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 13:48]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 13:57 - Aug 14 with 1877 viewsTheBlob

Closing the stability door after the horse has bolted.The Titanic(Olympic)was stable until it unexpectedly hit a lump of ice.
Could be Brown Trouser Day tomorrow.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 15:12 - Aug 14 with 1785 viewsSimonJames

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 13:44 - Aug 14 by 18StoneOfHoop

Some thoughts on Our Northern Dear Leaders psychological observations about our Coach.

Some might have thought that our humble meek thoughtful coach Chris R had something more in common with Gerry Francis rather than a belligerent show-off tosser type a personality such as Joey Bad Scouse. The main reason being a total inability to look any interlocuter in the eye for 90% of the time of any given conversation. A classic obvious body language tell sign of the introverted shy individual.

Gung-ho hard-drinking braggadocio Rambo Rameses is ready to leap on a table at the drop of an Ian J Tayor fart and offer Maureenio and Terry out before you can breathlessly shout Django!

He is no timid diffident mild-mannered Forrest Gump,he is all Ray Gardener with a raging hard-on and a thirst to smash Jose's face in.

"Walks in to a trumpet fanfare. Climbs onto the table and makes a 'come on then' gesture with both hands while sticking his chin out. Takes his seat and says "fcking bring it""

Thanks for reminding me of one of my all time favourite adverts.

...Just don't let Ray know that I didn't like BcT either.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 16:16 - Aug 14 with 1714 viewskensalriser

I'd like to hear some more about stability and sustainability as I don't think these issues have been paid enough attention.

At the very least the words could be mentioned more frequently, that way we wouldn't forget them so easily.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 16:40 - Aug 14 with 1675 viewsTacticalR

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 16:16 - Aug 14 by kensalriser

I'd like to hear some more about stability and sustainability as I don't think these issues have been paid enough attention.

At the very least the words could be mentioned more frequently, that way we wouldn't forget them so easily.

It's becoming the secular version of the Lord's Prayer.

Stability and sustainability.
Sustainability and stability.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Here endeth the presser.

Air hostess clique

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 17:20 - Aug 14 with 1622 viewsGetMeRangers

Upbeat, bombastic predictions of glorious league title wins - presser on 13:44 - Aug 14 by 18StoneOfHoop

That advert makes me wonder whether Madge didnt take kindly to Buzz complaining about a post match BCT
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024