Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin and his move 20:35 - Aug 22 with 37523 viewsdannyblue

I think the fact nobody has come in with £15m has surprised and hurt Charlie. So too has Hodgson's refusal to give him a cap, unlike cultural insensitive Vardy. Charlie's reaction to Sullivan suggests someone who feels he's being under appreciated. I think that today he seemed to be trying to prove that he can contribute outside the box and is more than just a goalscorer. I've never seen him come so deep so often, and much of the time Massimo was playing beyond him. Charlie did really well for the first and second goals.

Today it was almost like he's had a conversation with Chris Ramsay and they've agreed that to get the move he wants, he should play deeper and demonstrate that he's not just a finisher, and that he can have an impact without playing alongside a target man.

The thing I rate most about Charlie is that he always improves. Every time he's faced a step up, it might take him a few games, but he's made it. Today suggests that he can become more than a finisher.

Also, I was surprised to read in the press suggestions that he's only looking for £45k a week after his move. If that's true, he might be better off letting his contract run down with us and proving the doubters wrong about how he can play. Bearing in mind that £15m is the equivalent of about £300k per week, on a free transfer he should be able to command a lot more than £45k, especially if he's fit for the season and shows people he can be effective as a lone striker and outside the box.

If he stays or goes, good luck to him.
Austin and his move on 10:16 - Aug 23 with 9469 viewsDorse

Careful Danny, don't let people hear you say Chris Ramsey is a good coach.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Austin and his move on 14:23 - Aug 23 with 8940 viewsMatch82

I think I heard on the comms that this is exactly what Ramsey said to him (come deep, showcase whole set of skills etc)

In which case, fair play to Charlie for doing exactly what was asked.
Austin and his move on 14:36 - Aug 23 with 8751 viewsPunteR

Austin and his move on 14:23 - Aug 23 by Match82

I think I heard on the comms that this is exactly what Ramsey said to him (come deep, showcase whole set of skills etc)

In which case, fair play to Charlie for doing exactly what was asked.

I don't know why he should though. He's a an out and out goal scorer. That's what he gets paid to do.
I just think clubs are trying to make us sweat given our circumstances. Possibly Austin is feeling like he's going to miss out but I'm pretty sure he'll get sold.
He's one of the best goal scorer's in England.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Austin and his move on 14:50 - Aug 23 with 8686 viewsJigsore

If clubs don't meet the asking price then keep Austin until January. Some desperate PL club will end up panic-buying him for £15m despite only 6months left on his contract

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Austin and his move on 14:54 - Aug 23 with 8656 viewsTGRRRSSS

This silly obsession so many have now with a player who can do more than, er you know the thing that actually WINS games.
Charlie should focus on whats made his career become the huge success it already has.
He's come from nowhere and is in my view better than Vardy and has proved it for longer and is younger than him.

PLenty of strikers who seem to be able to do all sorts of things but don't have the natural knack of being in the right place at the right time and being capable of scoring come what may.
Hope he stays but if not I expect us to ensure we get the 15m for him.
Austin and his move on 15:20 - Aug 23 with 8403 viewsMatch82

Austin and his move on 14:36 - Aug 23 by PunteR

I don't know why he should though. He's a an out and out goal scorer. That's what he gets paid to do.
I just think clubs are trying to make us sweat given our circumstances. Possibly Austin is feeling like he's going to miss out but I'm pretty sure he'll get sold.
He's one of the best goal scorer's in England.

To be fair, if that's what Ramsey thought would be best for us yesterday it clearly worked...
Austin and his move on 15:41 - Aug 23 with 8293 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Fancy that. CR trying to improve Charlies game and Charlie taking on board what his coach has suggested.
Scandalous.
Austin and his move on 15:48 - Aug 23 with 8250 viewsJAPRANGERS

He'll go to Southampton before 1st September for the 15M. It's written in the stars.
Login to get fewer ads

Austin and his move on 15:54 - Aug 23 with 8226 viewsPunteR

Austin and his move on 15:20 - Aug 23 by Match82

To be fair, if that's what Ramsey thought would be best for us yesterday it clearly worked...

True.
I meant though that I don't think Austin has to prove he's worth £15 mill by tracking back and all round game play but by scoring goals . That's what your paying for, goals.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 16:02]

Austin and his move on 16:24 - Aug 23 with 8131 viewsNortholt_Rs

Austin and his move on 15:54 - Aug 23 by PunteR

True.
I meant though that I don't think Austin has to prove he's worth £15 mill by tracking back and all round game play but by scoring goals . That's what your paying for, goals.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2015 16:02]

.....we should up his money to get him to stay this season and offer him a £5m bonus if we get promoted. Simples. 😀

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Austin and his move on 03:07 - Aug 24 with 7675 viewsdaveB

Someone will come in for him at the last minute, hope when he goes it' a good move for him rather than just any prem club
Austin and his move on 08:04 - Aug 24 with 7535 viewskingsburyR

Southampton or Palace fit the best for him.

Stays south, good chance of getting into the team and little chance of relegation.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Austin and his move on 08:05 - Aug 24 with 7533 viewsCanadaRanger

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/460401/Charlie-Austin-hits-back-West-H
Austin and his move on 08:08 - Aug 24 with 7525 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Austin and his move on 08:05 - Aug 24 by CanadaRanger

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/460401/Charlie-Austin-hits-back-West-H

That's old news mate.
Austin and his move on 08:12 - Aug 24 with 7501 viewsCanadaRanger

Austin and his move on 08:08 - Aug 24 by CroydonCaptJack

That's old news mate.

Means he won't go to Spam?
Austin and his move on 08:18 - Aug 24 with 7478 viewsDorse

The Magi at talkSpurt are saying that the heavens indicate a journey to a Palace of Crystal that lies beyond a great river.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Austin and his move on 08:23 - Aug 24 with 7464 viewsPunteR

Austin and his move on 08:18 - Aug 24 by Dorse

The Magi at talkSpurt are saying that the heavens indicate a journey to a Palace of Crystal that lies beyond a great river.

So as daveb says ,its any old prem club then.

Austin and his move on 09:11 - Aug 24 with 7354 viewseghamranger

Palace paid £9 million for Wickham who scored 5 goals last season. We want 15 for Charlie who scored 18!! And how many strikers do palace need ffs.

Would take Murray and 12 million
Or Gayle and 9 million
Austin and his move on 09:17 - Aug 24 with 7330 viewsTheBlob

Austin and his move on 09:11 - Aug 24 by eghamranger

Palace paid £9 million for Wickham who scored 5 goals last season. We want 15 for Charlie who scored 18!! And how many strikers do palace need ffs.

Or Gayle and 9 million

And they've got Bamford on loan.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Austin and his move on 09:19 - Aug 24 with 7324 viewsWeaverQPR

I can see him getting desperate and going to Bournemouth or Watford

@WeavQPR

Austin and his move on 09:25 - Aug 24 with 7308 viewsadhoc_qpr

Austin and his move on 08:23 - Aug 24 by PunteR

So as daveb says ,its any old prem club then.

To be fair, Palace have built a decent team and don't look like they'll struggle this season.

I'm sure Austin would enjoy having Bolasie, Zaha, Cabaye, Sako and Puncheon creating chances for him!

£10m and Glenn Murray would be a great deal for both teams or at least £13.5m plus Murray on a season long loan.
Austin and his move on 09:26 - Aug 24 with 7302 viewseghamranger

He doesn't want to leave his house and family, so if he goes anywhere it will be a London team. Think he is quite likely to stay if the money is right and goal/promotion bonuses.
Not long till the end of the transfer window so the offers better start soon as his medical will take a few days by the sound of it !
Austin and his move on 09:30 - Aug 24 with 7286 viewsJonDoeman

Austin and his move on 09:11 - Aug 24 by eghamranger

Or Gayle and 9 million

Palace don't seem to have space for another striker. The papers ain't got a clue.

It Is What It Is !!

Austin and his move on 09:41 - Aug 24 with 7254 viewsSomersetHoops

Harry Kane hasn't scored yet. I still think Charlie will go to Spurs. I think it will start to happen in the next few days as his medical could be a long affair. It might happen quietly as there is no need for agents to shout about it Les' contacts at Spurs would mean the deal could be done without too much fuss.

Who's Next?

Austin and his move on 09:59 - Aug 24 with 7209 viewsadhoc_qpr

Austin and his move on 09:41 - Aug 24 by SomersetHoops

Harry Kane hasn't scored yet. I still think Charlie will go to Spurs. I think it will start to happen in the next few days as his medical could be a long affair. It might happen quietly as there is no need for agents to shout about it Les' contacts at Spurs would mean the deal could be done without too much fuss.

Spurs spent £10m on a 19 year old French striker with one league goal ever this summer - they can pay £15m for Austin.

We need to get this sorted though, while it's good that Austin is scoring goals for us we should really be giving more game time to Poulter if he's going to be the main man from September.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024